Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Lavenderkit of RiverClan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 316

Lavenderkit of RiverClan Empty
PostSubject: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptyWed May 17, 2023 5:33 am

Cat Name: lavenderkit

Tom, She-Cat, or Non-Binary: tom

Appearance: short-furred blue-grey with soft light yellow eyes. usually shows expression quietly. slender and sleek strength. doesn't have the use of his back legs.

face-claim:

Personality: thoughtful and quiet, caring, and a help to the queens. observant, imperturbable, and persevering. quick eyes and reflexes, and thinks first.

Clan: riverclan

Origins (RiverClan): npc x npc; deceased
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptyWed May 17, 2023 6:08 pm

Please refrain from posting with any characters until they have been approved by a member of staff! Characters must be approved before you're allowed to play them.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptyWed May 17, 2023 6:41 pm

okay, i'm sorry! were there any changes needed to this character?
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptyThu May 18, 2023 2:39 am

i believe there is reason for staff to reconsider the approval of this creation!

about the in-character consequences of lavenderkit not having use of his back legs:

he is not a real cat trying to survive alone in the wild ~ he is living in a human-like community with medicine, with the role of medicine-cat specifically dedicated to such things as accomodating disabled clanmates, so he is not alone <3

as to him being unable to swim, it is true that it is difficult ~ but, it does not make life in riverclan impossible. like you suggested, holly, :) there is variation within every clan and if navigating riverclan territory without swimming was so impossible, dry-paws would surely not exist in riverclan culture.
~ the camp is usually reached by swimming, but there is also a bridge of stepping stones that may be easy to cross. besides that, the stream around riverclan camp is described as swallow, meaning there may be places it is low enough to cross without swimming. while it is true that the camp is rarely attacked because the other clans don't know how to swim, it is also suggested that a fear of water is the reason it is rarely attempted rather than a complete inability to reach the camp.
~ much of riverclan territory is cut through with streams and creeks, though again, these streams and creeks would seem to be mostly small and shallow enough to cross without swimming.
~ the river unavoidably requires swimming to cross. though, in green-leaf when the water is very low, and in leaf-bare when it is frozen, it may be possible. though, i don't believe crossing the river would completely prevent lavenderkit from attending gatherings in the future. riverclan cats are able to assist cats in the water who are unable to swim as in the case of saving a cat from drowning, so it is possible another clanmate could swim lavenderkit across if needed. alternatively, riverclan's dens and nests are said to float in floods, which means riverclan cats would be able to use a floatation device made out of reeds.

as to lavenderkit being unable to defend himself, this is taken into account by the disabled stat system. it is true he may be easier to hit and has less ability for movement, but this is reflected in the lowered health and stamina points. it may be that he chooses not to fight in battles or fight at all unless in self-defence ~ which is likely given his (and my) personality. he would be able to fish by sitting on the bank and hooking them out of the water, so he would be able to feed his clan ~ as well as defend himself at least a little.

finally, as to the rank system, i can't see it being impossible for him to complete requirements to attend gatherings and use the battle and hunting systems. however, the rank system is not what's most important to me...

so, if staff really do not like him ranking up ~ i guess he can keep his kit rank with an honorary warrior name or gain elder/queen rank instead.

even if, worst case scenario, staff disagrees with everything i have thought of and this character is completely unable to leave camp, or defend himself, or rank up ~ i would still like to role-play him. even in that scenario, i don't see why he isn't allowed to exist at all.

thank you <3
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptyThu May 18, 2023 8:57 am

Please understand that nothing that's been said here has been an attempt to attack you, and that no one has said he isn't potentially allowed to exist- the severity of his disabilities mean that Lavenderkit is currently under consideration for staff approval, not that the creation is necessarily going to be rejected. Part of the reason staff puts such severe disabilities under special consideration- and reaches out to roleplayers about what cats with those disabilities would realistically have to deal with- is that many roleplayers both struggle to portray such things respectfully, and often wouldn't want to once they consider the realistic struggles those characters would reasonably face.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptyThu May 18, 2023 7:06 pm

i hope you know i'm not meaning to attack you either, holly, or staff 💞💖 i just think this is worth talking about ~ i was trying to sound more 'mature' lol but maybe i just sounded angry xD

oh thank goodness ^^ i misinterpreted the wording, the reason lavenderkit hasn't been approved, to mean why he won't be approved ~ you were just reaching out about the challenges lavenderkit would realistically face? that's sensible

well, i'd still like to play lavenderkit, please! <3

since he just appeared in my imagination with personality and thoughts of his own, i like him a lot and i've gotten attached ~ i'd want to take good care of him as my character :D

so of course, i would try to portray him and the disability he has respectfully... i'm not an expert on cats, or people who don't have use of their legs, or cats who are like people who don't have use of their legs ~ and i'm not the best writer ever, right? even if i was, it might be impossible to play a character who is perfectly relatable to everyone; lavenderkit is just one cat with one personality and such!

lavenderkit is a cat who likes helping in the nursery {a bit like poppyshine as a kit}, is late to be apprenticed {a bit like lark, rook, and sun}, is finding fulfilment in this because of the number of young cats in riverclan, while also hoping as most cats do to become a brave and honourable warrior :)

as i played him in that first post, i think he knows he may never be a warrior. he is happy in his life now. however, he hopes to have a chance to try to be a warrior and hopes for a mentor who is willing to try with him ~ and i think he could make a good warrior <3 

i've thought about how he might be able to achieve his goal, and i've also thought about the possibility he may not be able to... though, cats who don't have use of their back legs can actually be quite good at getting around on their own without using a wheelchair :D 

although i'd prefer not to change him, if staff are really concerned about me not being able to portray him respectfully, i could play him as an able-bodied cat?

i would play him essentially the same :) that aspect of his character was not put there to dramatically change the course of his life ~ in that way, disabled or not, he would be growing up as an average cat <3

i understand and appreciate staff's careful consideration here. however ~ with a current cat on the site and in riverclan {hickorypaw} as well as, i believe, a cat in the books who doesn't have use of their back legs {briarlight}... i'm a little confused why lavenderkit hasn't been okayed by staff yet?  Confused

is there any other aspect of the character under consideration? i didn't think he'd cause a fuss  Sad <3 i appreciate your patience in seeing this out to a resolution!
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptySat May 20, 2023 1:59 am

Approved

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan EmptySat May 20, 2023 2:21 am

thank you, reaper king

um excuse me please, can you tell me if lavenderkit will be allowed to try to use the hunting and battle systems, attend gatherings, rank up or even be apprenticed? 

like i said, i want to play him even if only as a kit or elder/queen rank!

um can you also please unlock the topic that holly locked while lavenderkit was unapproved?

it's just, i was really enjoying that topic...
i know that luckily it hasn't slowed cocoa down, that she's posted in a different topic and got an apprentice ceremony, but
if possible, i'd like to post at least once in the topic as my approved character, please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lavenderkit of RiverClan   Lavenderkit of RiverClan Empty

Back to top Go down

Lavenderkit of RiverClan
Page 1 of 1