Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

when i stop and see you here (c)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

when i stop and see you here (c) Empty
PostSubject: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 17:07

Perchstar's kits had begun to grow up quickly. One by one, they all opened their eyes--all strikingly blue. Not a single pair of gold. Though she had momentarily been disappointed, in the end, she was relieved. The last thing that she needed was his eyes to follow her all the way into her camp. It was for the best that their eye color, at least, would be hers alone. As the kits grew older, their fur grew longer, and their steps became less wobbly and more sure, it occurred to her that she would need to teach them to swim. That had always been the mother's job. However strange it still felt to apply that label to herself, it would be yet another responsibility for her to fulfill.

So, one bright newleaf afternoon, as the sun shone down, Perchstar took her four kits with her on a little trek into the territory. The Broken Pools had always been used to teach kits to swim, and now that they'd recently filled back up with snowmelt and warmed with sunlight, there would be no better time. She hoped that they all inherited her propensity for swimming and none of their father's distaste for the water. "All right," she told them as they got nearer. "These pools are too shallow for you to drown, but if you ever feel in danger, then I will be a pawstep away. In the meantime, try splashing around and see how it feels. She still had difficulty knowing exactly how to speak to her kits. Poppyshine was such a natural... how did she do it? Any words coming from Perchstar sounded formal. Stilted. Did her kits even know what she was talking about? Did they find her boring or strange?

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 17:28

Willowkit

Willowkit happily stuck to her mother’s side like a burr caught in fur. She was interested to know what lay outside of camp after so much time spent inside, but that did not mean that she was eager to leave her mother. She took four steps for every one step that her mother took, and before long, they were at the pools. Willowkit looked at the shallow waters, craning her head wit ha bit of curiosity, but was reluctant to leave her mother’s side. She looked up at Perchstar, judging how worth it it would be to investigate the pools…She had been curious about water, and her mother was encouraging them to go. She could not say no to her mother.

She stepped forward, the first one at the front of the pools. She leaned down, sniffing at the water and investigating it carefully. Willowkit finally set a paw in, going slowly. Her paw pad hit soft sand below the surface, and the water at this very edge of the shore did not even come close to her shoulder. She wiggled her paw in the wet sand, getting a feel for the unsteady grit, and then moved in more. The water was cool and refreshing against the warm air. When she was fully in the water with all four of her legs submerged and no monster came out to eat her, and no water suddenly enveloped her to drown, she turned back to her other three siblings. “It is safe,” she declared confidently to them.
RiverClan • Kit • She/Her • 10 | 30 • #6abcde
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 18:15

WrenkitRiverclan Camp

Where Willowkit stuck to her mother’s fur, Wrenkit found herself stopping every few paces to lean down and sniff something new. This was her first time outside of the camp proper, and she was so fascinated by everything outside. Her whiskers trembled with excitement, and she walked with a confident, happy stride. She was almost overwhelmed by all the newness. Almost.

She caught up to her siblings and mother after spotting yet another interesting new plant, slowing to a stop beside one of Perchstar’s legs. She stared at the water with fascination. Whatever nervousness Wrenkit might’ve felt immediately faded away as Willowkit confirmed the water to be safe. Curious as ever, and refusing to be outdone, Wrenkit was quick to move forward and jump right in.

She let out a laugh that was a mixture of shock from the cold and utter delight at the splash she created by jumping into the pool. Thick black fur immediately plastered to her body, the sensation unfamiliar. She shivered, then grinned, wading further into the water and enjoying the sand squishing beneath her paws. “And it feels nice!” She chirped, wrinkling her nose playfully at Willowkit, whom she just splashed.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptySat 15 Apr 2023 - 6:30

Tinykit shifted closer to Perchstar as his sisters began to splash in the pools, eyeing the water doubtfully. Willowkit and Wrenkit seemed convinced that it was safe, and he doubted Perchstar would bring them here if it wasn't, but he was reluctant to leave her side nonetheless. He took a hesitant step forward, reaching out a paw and tapping the surface of one of the pools experimentally. The water rippled under his paw, and he inched closer. Okay, this wasn't so bad. Gaining confidence, he slapped the water hard with a paw, flinching back as chilly droplets splashed his fur.

"It's cold!" He squealed, jumping backwards.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptySat 15 Apr 2023 - 6:50

mistkit
“welcome to the newest souls”

As the rest of her siblings found their own paths, Mistkit found herself on the other side of their mother. She moved in such a way that let her keep an eye on all three of the others, even if she couldn't exactly see Willowkit perfectly. It was still hard to miss the pale tabby, so whatever glimpses that Mistkit caught, she appreciated.

However, what she didn't so much appreciate was the way they all deemed it appropriate to charge into the pool of water. She'd grown up so far being told that it wasn't safe for her to step in. You're not yet big enough, don't go in. You'll drown. Those words echoed in her mind, knitting the she-cat's paws to the ground as they were repeated. But now... her mother was telling them something different. Were they now big enough? Had they grown enough? Or was this a special pool of water, one where it couldn't hurt anybody?

Her blue gaze looked up to her mother, heeding her instructions. Her gut feeling was right. This was a pool that couldn't hurt. Mistkit made no rush to join as it seemed that her siblings were ready and eager as well, letting them be the ones to test it out. Something about it simply made her head a bit... woozy. Not to mention, the idea of being splashed by cold water sounded less than appealing. Tentatively, the she-kit approached, tossing glances back to her mother now and then as she moreso stalked her way towards the edge of the water pool rather than walked towards it. A hesitant paw slowly made its way in, only to be recoiled instantly at the chill that shocked its way up her frame.

Her entire body seemed to tilt to the side in hesitant curiosity as she analyzed the sensation. It wasn't pain that went through her, more surprise than anything. Despite the fact that her brother had just announced it was cold, she wasn't expecting that to be what that type of cold felt like. Nevertheless, her paw approached again, this time slower. It didn't seem to bite her as much. But still, she found her breathing a bit quicker than normal as she took it slow. Very, very slow. "Mother, you're sure this can't hurt us?" Mistkit eventually asked, sitting back away from the water and awaiting her mother's answer.
code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptySat 15 Apr 2023 - 20:21

Perchstar felt her whiskers twitch slightly in amusement as she watched the kits' antics. Their personalities were all so distinct from each other. Willowkit, the oldest, always trying to be proper, declared to her siblings that the water was safe. Wrenkit jumped in like a thrown stone, sending ripples and splashes onto her sister without so much as a modicum of care. Tinykit was more hesitant, but eventually touched it, only to be nearly startled out of his skin by the chill. And then Mistkit hung back, seeming even less certain than her brother. These four were already a pawful. She wondered how they would grow and change as they became older. How much longer would it be until they would reach the age to be apprenticed? Who should their mentors be? Would it be premature to begin discussing that with Poppyshine?

She was getting ahead of herself. She needed to focus on the here and now.

Perchstar felt herself giving a quiet huff of amusement as she looked at her kits again. "It's perfectly fine, Mistkit. Watch." Though the pools were far too big for her, she stepped into one, next to where Willowkit and Wrenkit were already half-submerged. The water level hardly rose above her paws. However, she sat down, hopefully showing that there was nothing to worry about. "Water won't hurt you. All of you were born with the ability to swim and fish. The only thing you have to do is learn. And the best way to learn is by doing, with careful supervision. Beginning now will give you a headstart for when you become apprentices." She waved her tail into the water, gently flicking a few drops over Wrenkit. "It's cold, but you will get used to it. And it will get even warmer as the time passes. Can any of you guess why this water is cold?" If there was one thing she'd learned about her kits, it was that distracting them with questions often made them less likely to worry or complain.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 11:43

Willowkit

Willowkit opened her mouth to say more when Wrenkit threw her body into the pool, creating a sudden splash that washed all over Willowkit. Her eyes shut tightly at the splash and then when they opened, she looked entirely unimpressed. “I am now wet,” she mewed bluntly. She sent an irritated glance at her sister, which had no actual malice, and then shifted quickly when Mama moved in to sit. Willowkit nodded and sat down too. The water was higher against her tiny body, but it only went up to her chest even when she sat down. To Mistkit she meowed, “I said it was safe.”

Her attention was quickly pulled back to Mama and she listened attentively. Why is this water cold? Willowkit was not sure; this was her first experience with water. But given context clues of what Mama said about the water getting warm with time and how warmer weather was approaching… “Because it’s been cold outside?” she guessed.
RiverClan • Kit • She/Her • 10 | 30 • #6abcde
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 12:22

WrenkitRiverclan Camp

Willowkit’s glare just caused Wrenkit to stick her tongue out in return, giggling to herself before she turned her attention back to her other two siblings and her mother. She giggled again at Tinykit’s reaction to the cold water. “It feels nice!” She insisted to him. Then she looked at Mistkit, and her playful smirk faded into more concern. She didn’t want Mistkit to be afraid! It was no fun to play if her siblings weren’t all having fun with her.

She giggled again when Perchstar flicked a few droplets over her, wrinkling her nose, and she lifted a paw to lightly splash at Perchstar’s side in return. Not that it did much. She listened to her mother’s words, but as she did so she pulled herself back out of the water, wading over to where Mistkit was at the edge of the pool and climbing back out.

“I’ll walk in with you,” She whispered with a smile, nudging her sister’s shoulder (getting her damp in the process). “So then it won’t be as scary!” She looked up at her mother again as she stayed by Mistkit’s side, letting her decide when to enter the water as she said in response to Perchstar’s question, “Is it ‘cuz the ground is cold?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when i stop and see you here (c)   when i stop and see you here (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

when i stop and see you here (c)
Page 1 of 1