Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

unexpected visitors [OPEN]

Go down 
+5
Grey
kjSage
downfive
Honey Badger
Holly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

unexpected visitors [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptySat 1 Apr 2023 - 8:22

(directly follows this topic)

Though she didn't particularly like the process of leading SkyClan's leader and deputy through their territory blindly, she could- at least to some extent- understand Nightstar's concerns about keeping their camp's location secure.

She was, at least, incredibly grateful for her skill and practice at navigating the treacherous marshland; and for the presence of Rookfire, who was older and more experienced.

"This is it," she called to the cats behind her, before raising her voice to address her Clanmates. "ShadowClan! We have guests- I suggest you treat them with respect. Rookfire, could you fetch Nightstar? I imagine he'd be in his den, or else you might want to check the medicine den."

Another apologetic smile was directed to Birdstar and Wolfblossom: none of this was ideal, but... Well. They'd made it this far safely.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7401

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptySat 1 Apr 2023 - 9:54

Badgermask had since returned to guarding the medicine cat's den - using the time to let everything sink in. Redice was...Dead. She didn't have many feelings on that, she barely knew the tom but Nightstar had been hurt and had reacted...Poorly to killing his own Clanmate, she guessed. She suppose she wasn't sure if she would react any better.

Her ears twitched at the sound of the entrance shifting, glancing over to see her mother, Rookfire and two strangers - wait, no they weren't strangers. She blinked as she realized it was Birdstar and uh...The SkyClan deputy - she couldn't recall her name. She pushed herself to her paws as she approached slowly, unsure of what exactly to make of this. The warrior hadn't really gotten the chance to meet with the other Clans, having elected to spend the last Gathering speaking with her sister instead but... Well, if there were any cats worth meeting it was these two she supposed.

Badgermask halted a few paw-lengths away, glancing between the two SkyClan cats. She opened up her mouth to say something, a greeting or...Anything but the words died in her throat. Uncertainty flickered through her, making her flinch slightly. She didn't want to doubt or question but... She wasn't sure what to make of this. She had a good guess on why they were here, it wouldn't be any problem being nice but any words she wanted to say just seemed to fade in her throat. Her ears slicked back a little as she flashed her mom an apologetic and sheepish look, ducking her head a little.

unexpected visitors [OPEN] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2529

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyMon 3 Apr 2023 - 23:30

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar’s tail was writhing with agitation as their guides slowed down, announcing that camp was near. Thick, sticky mud clung to her legs and the dense fur of her belly. Though she’d spent a few moments swiping a clean foreleg stubbornly across her face, stubborn grime and scraps of foliage stuck around her eyes. At least she could see again. Frowning, she exchanged a look with Wolfblossom and ducked through the thorny passage into ShadowClan’s camp.

She wasn’t sure what she expected. It was similar to their own camp… as much as it could be, at least. An oppressive cover fell over the space, heavy with the reek and gravity of death. Pushing down the thought of an execution only tree-lengths from where they stood, Birdstar’s eyes instead swept over the busy clearing, breathing in hard to catch which den might be Burdockroot’s. It didn’t take long for the sharp blend of herbs and blood caught up to her, SkyClan scent fresh with it even though it was trampled by ShadowClan’s stench. Birdstar’s paws itched, ready to abandon the deputy and pad towards the den she’d spotted, but she kept herself dutifully in place. She was foolish, but not enough to provoke another Clan within their own walls.

There was a warrior sitting just outside her line of sight that approached them slowly, jaw opening only to let out silence. Birdstar regarded her with steely indifference for a moment before turning away to survey the rest of camp. “I’m surprised Nightstar seems to be scarce,” she commented dryly as her head turned. “I thought he might be expecting visitors. I’m aware we’re the ones intruding, but I should hope he doesn’t keep us long. I'd rather confirm Stoatclaw is alive and leave than spend my afternoon here. I'm sure my sister feels similarly."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5707

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyTue 4 Apr 2023 - 1:30

Wolfblossom was grateful to have removed the mud covering from her eyes at last as she followed the Shadowclan deputy and warrior into their camp alongside Birdstar. Mud clung to her legs and belly fur just as it did to Birdstar, and while it was uncomfortable, Wolfblossom would not let it show. She could deal with the discomfort if it meant confirming her clanmate was safe, or as safe as he could be under the care of another clan whose warrior had brutalized him. She glanced around, hoping vainly for the sight of Stoatclaw, but of course he wasn't just left out in the open. He was in one of the dens, though which was difficult to discern.

"Easy, Bird." She muttered to her leader lowly, tail lightly brushing her sister's flank. Nightstar greeting them would have been nice, but the leader was likely busy. An execution and an injured warrior of another clan to take care of. Still, if he had seen fit to make provision should the Skyclanners have wanted access to Shadowclan's camp, he would be around to greet them. Unless his repeated gaffes were a true indication of the tom... Leopardsun was far preferable to deal with, anyways. "Truly, we don't wish to impose any more than necessary. I would appreciate seeing Stoatclaw safe, and confirming the one responsible for his condition has been dealt with as was said." Then they could go home to their own clan, as doubtless Shadowclan would prefer rather than having three Skyclanners in their camp.

An awkward younger she-cat had approached, but said nothing, and Wolfblossom's lips twitched into a slight smile but nothing more. It was, she was sure, simple awkwardness, and nothing more. It seemed that Shadowclanners had plenty in common with each other, but this one wasn't outright rude.

---

Moondancer watched from the shadows as two vaguely-familiar cats smelling of Skyclan entered camp with Leopardsun and Rookfire, and her lip curled in disgust. As far as she was concerned, Redice had no business doing what he had, and their presence in her camp was now his fault. If he wasn't already dead, Moondancer might've ripped him apart for the insult. For now, she simply eyed the Skyclanners, wanting very much for them to be gone sooner rather than later. Maybe they could take that bloody mess of a warrior that Redice had mauled with them. Surely he could at least be carried off of the territory without causing too much injury.

Brackenwing WC T5 Elder [65 / 130 *] #702fd8
Wolfstar SkC T5 Leader [80 / 170] #a0c8e6
Swandive RC T3 Warrior [50 / 120] #0881ab
Briarpaw SC Apprentice [20 / 60] #867b6b
Honeykit SkC Kit [10 / 30] #ff4732
Cloudkit [Bonus] WC Kit [10 / 30] #a45ee9
Stoneheart [Perma NPC] SkC T5 Warrior [70 / 160] #616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyTue 4 Apr 2023 - 12:14

Before Rookfire could get to his den as commanded, Nightstar was padding out with legs wrapped in cobwebs, contrasting sharply against his black fur. Nightstar didn't want Skyclans forces in his camp, but he doubted that he'd be able to get away with the warrior in his medicine den without some cat coming to check on him. The leader felt haggard and worn as he put on his mask, putting on a stoic expression and drawing himself tall and proper as if he wasn't feeling suffocated and trapped. "Birdstar, Wolfblossom. I apologize that all of our run-ins seem to end in or result in collective some sort of grief. I'd like to have better relations with the clan that had homed half my clan in our time of need but it seems like the stars themselves do not wish it." He tried to joke, lighten the mood, but he knew that they'd much rather be checking in on their warrior and making sure that the deed was done. He'd much rather that they be out of his camp, less time to find out where the nursery was, where their elders and wounded lay.

"I won't drag things on, let me lead you to your warrior then we can depart - with security measures mind you - and then I can show you the corpse of who did it, on the way I wouldn't mind discussing with you both on how we'll get your warrior back to you safely." Nightstar meowed, whisking past the two Skyclan she-cats, making quick work of the distance between them and the medicine cat den. He stood beside the entrance, and beckoned them towards, "If you wish to say anything to him should he be awake it is for your ears only, not mine." settling himself where he stood, he waited, giving a permissible nod as he stomped down on the annoyance and anger that they were in his camp at all.

unexpected visitors [OPEN] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyTue 4 Apr 2023 - 12:45

"Is everything alright, Badgermask?" Leopardsun asked gently, regarding the daughter who had once been so shy with slight concern. Though she'd gained a great deal of confidence since the incident with the dogs (and more since her warrior ceremony), she still felt the need to keep a close watch on her kits. "This is Birdstar and Wolfblossom- SkyClan's leader and deputy, I'm sure you remember seeing them at Gatherings. They've come to see their warrior- Stoatclaw. I don't suppose you'd happen to know where your siblings are? Or your father?"

While Leopardsun didn't not trust the SkyClan cats, she would still prefer to keep an eye on her family while what were ostensibly enemy warriors were in their camp. That, and after the stressful day they'd had she wanted to ensure that nothing else went wrong.

"My daughter," she explained to the pair of them, and while she might have commented again on the whereabouts of the rest of her family Nightstar swiftly arrived, carrying with him a neutral expression and an awful attempt at humor. Leopardsun swallowed a strained sort of sound, that might have been a sort of nervous laugh had she let it escape.

Well. I'm glad he's at least well enough to walk, she supposed.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1

Last edited by Holly on Wed 5 Apr 2023 - 6:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2376

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyTue 4 Apr 2023 - 13:58

At Leopardsun's command, Rookfire quickly made his way over to Nightstar's den. Before he could make it there, however, he noticed Nightstar get up on his own, before he stepped towards the SkyClan cats. He wouldn't make conversation with the ShadowClan leader right now. After all, he knew that ShadowClan would look disunited if he openly critiqued his leader, and he wasn't in the mindset to do much else. (He could definitely follow Leopardsun's command, yes, but at this point he didn't have to anymore, since ShadowClan's leader was heading there himself).

~~

Poppypaw looked out of the apprentice den at Leopardsun's voice. Stepping outside, he saw unfamiliar cats (maybe he'd seen them before somewhere, but he didn't know where) with ShadowClan's deputy. Noticing Nightstar quickly step out of his den to talk with them, he saw his father - who had been commanded to get Nightstar - veer away from the leader's den and slow his pace to a halt.

Quickly, the young apprentice padded towards his father, giving him a soft smile. "I assume that they're here to check on the SkyClan warrior here?" he asked.

His father gave him a nod. "Yep, as well as to confirm Redice's execution. Both their leader and deputy came here to check."

Poppypaw nodded. "I see."

Laurelkit, WindClan Kit: 10/30

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

unexpected visitors [OPEN] Image10
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw | [P]alekit | [R]edkit
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice | [P] SkC Kit | [R] WC Kit
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1211

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyWed 5 Apr 2023 - 6:18

Having been enjoying a relaxing time watching the pines above, Tigershriek scented the outsiders first, before Leopardsun's announcement. Understandably, he had immediately gotten to his paws in surprise as the deputy lead the two Skyclanners into camp. Before he could say anything along the lines of 'what in the name of Starclan' in exclamation, Leopardsun said they were visitors and guests... and to treat them well. Shutting his mouth quickly, Tigershriek laid back down gingerly, golden eyes watching the events unfold.

Nightstar made a terrible attempt at humor that would make even the most seasoned warrior cringe, and the warrior couldn't help but cringe along with Leopardsun. Why he would try to joke was beyond the young tom, but Nightstar had made it very clear that social skills were not his strong suit, even if he hadn't stated it. With a neutral expression, Tigershriek groomed his fur as everything progressed. It wasn't his place to say anything, but he would watch. It wasn't every day they had visitors in camp after all.

unexpected visitors [OPEN] Downlo48 unexpected visitors [OPEN] Downlo50 unexpected visitors [OPEN] Downlo49

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | #666d96
Palekit♀ | Kit | Skyclan | #8d8ab5
Redkit♀ | Kit | Windclan | #8c2a2a
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's warrior cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1270

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyWed 5 Apr 2023 - 20:32

The stygian warrior made his way through the thorn tunnel, the unfamiliar scent that coated his path unnerving him slightly. It was strong, even the prey hanging from his maw couldn't completely block out the scent. Emerging from the camp's entrance, the tom's eyes shot to the two pelts that did not belong. They were cats that he had observed at the gatherings, and it didn't take long to realize why they were here. Sablestrike's march toward the fresh-kill pile continued, though his gaze never travelled from the Skyclanners. He knew that they couldn't, and wouldn't try anything while they were here, but having them this deep in his home was still alarming. Two cats with a position of power touring his clan's camp so leisurely, it made Sablestrike's fur stand on end just thinking about what they would do with all the information they were gathering. In thoughts only, Sablestrike found himself cursing the red warrior for putting Shadowclan in such a dangerous situation. The prey dropped to the ground mere mouse-lengths away from it's destination, and Sablestrike followed; golden eyes fixated on the unwelcome tourists.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

unexpected visitors [OPEN] Output12                   unexpected visitors [OPEN] Output10                          unexpected visitors [OPEN] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 11:41

TW: discussion of miscarriage

In a far corner of camp, two she-cats conversed in hushed tones. Lighttail’s reaction to the situation hadn’t escaped Snowfoot.
“You know something,” the elder of the two mewed. It wasn’t a question.
“Mother, do we really have to do this now?” Lighttail groaned.
“Honey, please just answer me these questions. Were you pregnant a while back, and was this SkyClan cat the father?” Snowfoot was concerned for her daughter’s well-being more than anything. She knew Nightstar wouldn’t take kindly to any half-clan relationships.
“What?” Lighttail was startled. “No! I mean yes. Yes, I…” her voice caught in her throat. “Yes, I lost a litter recently. But there is absolutely, positively no way they could be his! Stoatclaw’s just a friend, I promise. We sit together at Gatherings sometimes.”
Snowfoot nodded, relieved. “I’m glad to hear that. Not that I care who you love, but I don’t want to see you hurt. Life isn’t kind to cross-clan couples. And I am sorry you lost your kits.”

While mother and daughter were having their heart-to-heart, Sunpaw was just returning from patrol with his mentor. His nose wrinkled a bit upon seeing the SkyClan cats. Sticking by Sablestrike’s side, Sunpaw shot the two a glare, one he’d learned from watching Nightstar. They didn’t belong here and he would see to it that they knew.
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2529

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 7:08

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Regrettably, the brush of Wolfblossom’s tail across her fur actually did put Birdstar at ease. She would have liked to let her frustration continue festering, just so she could test whether a blow from one of her paws was heavy enough to knock Nightstar over. Just one clean swipe, to knock some sense into him. Begrudgingly, Birdstar pushed the fantasy away and mumbled her assent to her sister’s soothing. You and your good sense, she thought with fond exasperation.

More of ShadowClan crawled into view, surprisingly active under the midday sun. None of them approached the intruders directly; they glared, murmured amongst themselves. Tension was palpable in the air. Among the leering faces eventually came Nightstar, cobwebs plastered to his legs and exhaustion under his cold expression. Birdstar looked him over quietly, scanning his covered wounds before he began to speak. “The stars. That’s what it is.” She snorted quietly. She recognized her own brand of poorly-timed humor in his words, but she had no desire to humor him or attempt more diplomacy than they’d earned.

“Unfortunate. I was hoping to remember the path to and from Carrionplace, in case I’m ever blindly led through the marsh again.” She couldn’t keep herself from snipping, even with the eyes of his Clan on her back. In some way it was admirable, the caution he took for them. Being herded around an unfamiliar land by unfamiliar, barely trustworthy cats dampened the bitter respect she might have felt otherwise. “Fine, though. We’ll discuss Stoatclaw more then, too.” Birdstar’s agreement came sharp, and she stalled at Nightstar’s heels only long enough to look at her deputy before brushing into ShadowClan’s medicine den.

The blood-scent had been heavy outside, but it was thick enough to make her choke within. The air was clogged further by the earthen, bitter scent of all sorts of plants, roots, seeds. The visual effect was no better: she’d been prepared for gore, but Stoatclaw’s wounds were more grievous than she had imagined. Birdstar’s claws flexed, pressing into the den’s floor. She wished she could gut Redice herself.

“Stoatclaw?” She mewed softly. He was awake, at least, but she wasn’t sure if he would respond. “Stoatclaw, I’m sorry.”

Silverkit

Silverkit had spent most of his time pouting since being dragged back toward the nursery. He wanted to watch the execution! As much as the announcements that Nightstar made bothered him, he was drawn to it. The queen that snatched him said he was too young to see things like that, but he was plenty old enough. He was almost an apprentice, and they fought, drew blood. He would have to see it all one day, wouldn’t he?

He’d been laying on his side, batting lazily at the end of his tail when the scent that bloody warrior carried filled the air again. With a quick leap of logic helped by the fast-spreading whispers, Silverkit realized it was more SkyClan. More SkyClan? Instantly, he was rolling up to his paws, eagerly turning towards the source of their woody scent. And the cats he saw made him balk immediately: they were massive! They each looked like they could crush him with a paw.

Undeterred by that realization, he crept forward, extra careful to avoid being pulled away again. Neither of them seemed happy to be here, and none of his Clanmates seemed happy with their presence. Silverkit’s eyes flicked between the tense faces, and as he moved closer he caught Leopardsun’s explanation. SkyClan’s leader and deputy?! Silverkit’s tail bristled and lashed with cold thrill. The pair of she-cats and the general quiet reaction to their arrival set him on edge, but Silverkit felt awed. He followed at a distance as Nightstar lead the pair away, eyes wide and ears angled forward with interest.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5707

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyTue 11 Apr 2023 - 10:39

Shadowclanners watched, some whispering and talking among themselves, others hissing or glaring at the two Skyclanners who stood in their camp. Wolfblossom couldn't blame them, and while it made her pelt prickle with unease, she knew better than to react to them. Finally, Nightstar approached them.

Nightstar certainly seemed like he'd seen better days. Wolfblossom noted the cobwebs and general haggardness, but said nothing, merely gave the other leader a polite nod. His poor attempt at humor only received a twitch of Wolfblossom's tail, though she glanced briefly towards Leopardsun. They were clearly the only two with any sense of tact here.

Wolfblossom followed the two leaders to the medicine den, noting immediately how strong the scent of blood was beneath the sharp scent of herbs. Stoatclaw... Poor Stoatclaw. The tom was not in good shape, and if his attacker had been present and not already dead, Wolfblossom would have had blood coating her claws. Burdockroot had done good work, much as Wolfblossom hated to admit it, but she still did not trust the rude Shadowclan medicine cat with one of her clanmates.

"Oh, Stoatclaw... What have you gotten yourself into?" A quiet sigh escaped her. "You'll recover, and we'll get you out of here. Sooner rather than later, I hope." She spoke quietly, gazing down at the injured tom.

Brackenwing WC T5 Elder [65 / 130 *] #702fd8
Wolfstar SkC T5 Leader [80 / 170] #a0c8e6
Swandive RC T3 Warrior [50 / 120] #0881ab
Briarpaw SC Apprentice [20 / 60] #867b6b
Honeykit SkC Kit [10 / 30] #ff4732
Cloudkit [Bonus] WC Kit [10 / 30] #a45ee9
Stoneheart [Perma NPC] SkC T5 Warrior [70 / 160] #616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1270

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] EmptyWed 10 May 2023 - 21:30

With the intense pain still burning in the tom's belly, the lesser scratches that stung as if there were still claws stuck in him, and being trapped in the unfamiliar territory, the warrior found it hard to relax long enough to rest. Even with the medicine cat watching over him, Stoatclaw hadn't shaken the fear that Shadowclan's warrior might sneak into the medicine den to finish what he had started. In his condition, there was nothing he could do about a surprise visit. The tom's sides heaved as he drew breath that only heightened his pain. His eyelids were half closed as two cats entered the den, his fear spiking momentarily until recognition finally set in. Their presence was enough to set the tom at ease, if only a little. Wolfblossom's words drew a small smile from the tom. There wasn't much he wanted to tell them, other than to take him back to their camp now, not to wait for him to recover in this place, but words were beyond him at the moment. At least they knew he was alive.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

unexpected visitors [OPEN] Output12                   unexpected visitors [OPEN] Output10                          unexpected visitors [OPEN] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unexpected visitors [OPEN]   unexpected visitors [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

unexpected visitors [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: