Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a check-up (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

a check-up (closed) Empty
PostSubject: a check-up (closed)   a check-up (closed) EmptyFri 24 Mar 2023 - 19:32

Kitespring was nervous, nervous, nervous. Well, that wasn't that unusual for her; in times of crisis, it made sense that she'd be a little nervous. But this time, it was oh so slightly different. Instead of her brain worrying about herself, about how she could help, it was nervously worrying about the cat she had fallen in love with since she was an apprentice; RiverClan's deputy, Poppyshine.

Poppyshine was always the sunshine of the clan. The calico she-cat wore her heart on her pelt and cared about everyone, from her kits to the warriors that nobody else knew. So when cats inevitably got hurt, it was always Poppyshine who was tormented the most. And with Perchstar's disappearance quickly followed by the death of two of her kits, Kitespring was sure that her incredible resilience to said tragedies would eventually crack as she was inflicted with more and more pain. Everyone has a breaking point.

She just hoped that Poppyshine hadn't gotten there yet.

"Um... Poppyshine?" Kitespring squeaked, popping her head in the leader's den. "Can I... talk to you privately?" She wanted to ask Poppyshine if she was okay, but she realized that Poppyshine was acting leader and that it wouldn't be good if she questioned Poppyshine's emotional state outside. She also worried that Poppyshine would be stressed out about this, thinking it was a favor that Kitespring needed.

Kitespring didn't know what words she could come up with to help Poppyshine. She knew the pain, but she didn't know how to articulate her knowledge to help say... comforting things she could say to her. But since it was Poppyshine, a cat who always had her back when she was at her lowest, she could at least try. Maybe, she hoped, that was all she needed to do. Stepping into the leader's den, the russet she-cat sat gingerly on her haunches. "I'm... worried," she started. "Because of the stuff that happened recently. It... if I were in your situation, it would have crushed me, so... I wanted to ask if you're... okay." She hoped that her question wouldn't hurt Poppyshine, or make her too uncomfortable.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

a check-up (closed) Image10
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: a check-up (closed)   a check-up (closed) EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 22:52

Poppyshine

Poppyshine was trying her best not to overwork herself, and to keep from being a hypocrite when she chided Perchstar all those times about taking care of herself, but it was quite difficult to do. Between leader duties, deputy duties that she split with a couple of other warriors, the search for Perchstar, checking in on her children, and grieving in her own time—Poppyshine did not have much time to breathe. It was starting to show on her just a little bit, with the tiredness evident in her eyes or how her tail does not lift quite so high.

She looked to Kitespring when she approached, and offered her a weary smile. She sat down with her. “Of course, Kitespring. What’s on your mind?” The inviting smile she wore started to fade as her friend spoke. Her heart felt heavy and there was a brief flare of guilt in her stomach that she was worrying Kitespring, but she quelled it as quickly as she could. She silently told herself that there was nothing wrong with a friend worrying. It only meant that Kitespring paid attention to her.

“I’m sorry to worry you,” Poppyshine apologized softly. “I…have been doing as best I can. I take some time alone when things are too overwhelming. I’m trying not to let myself get overwhelmed, of course. It is just…” The more she spoke, the stronger the feeling of tears became until she felt them pooling in her eyes. Poppyshine blinked rapidly to quell them, but they escaped down her cheeks all the same. “It—is a lot, yes.” She knew Kitespring didn’t have children and could not know the specific pain of losing them—but Poppyshine did not have siblings and could not have known the specific pain of Kitespring losing all of her littermates. Their pain was similar enough that she knew Kitespring would understand. “It is…the unexpectedness of it all…that hurts the most." She tried to wipe her tears away against her shoulder. “B-But I appreciate you checking in on me…”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: a check-up (closed)   a check-up (closed) EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 20:36

As Poppyshine's face changed, Kitespring couldn't help but feel more guilty about approaching her. She knew that look all too well, the look of guilt from her feeling like she was weighing a friend down. She had felt the same only a few moons ago. And the last thing she wanted was for Poppyshine to feel guilty about this. "You don't have to apologize, Poppyshine," she hushed, before letting the RiverClan deputy vent about everything. The unexpectedness of it all... Kitespring could understand that fully. It was easy to take the cats you care about, the cats who were there every day in your life, for granted.

After Poppyshine started breaking down into tears, Kitespring lightly rested her tail on hers. Hopefully, the physical comfort would comfort her in this desperate emotional state. After the RiverClan deputy thanked her for checking up on her, Kitespring nodded."Of course," she said, trying to make Poppyshine feel more comfortable. "If... if you need anything, Poppyshine, anything at all..." She didn't know how to finish that sentence. The right words just weren't coming into her brain. StarClan, why now? "Even... even if it's something little, like grabbing a piece of fresh-kill or needing someone to cry on... just... let me know and I can... come over. If you want to spend time alone to heal, that's fine as well... I just wanted to offer you my shoulder." Perhaps it shouldn't have been her. One of her kits should be the one to offer this. They were closer to Poppyshine than she was. At the same time, she cared too much to not say this, and Poppyshine could always decline if she wished to.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: a check-up (closed)   a check-up (closed) EmptyThu 30 Mar 2023 - 21:28

Poppyshine

That tiny smile returned to Poppyshine’s face as she listened to her dear friend. The light touch helped soothe her emotional aches, and she found herself leaning towards Kitespring in search of that physical comfort.

“I appreciate it, Kitespring,” Poppyshine meowed warmly. “Your care means a lot to me, truly…I hate being too public when I get upset, especially after how ill I got after Owlshriek and Sleepycloud died. I hated feeling like a burden to the clan when I was supposed to be helping them as deputy.” She shook her head. “I know I’m not one, but it’s easy to feel that way. And now with leader duties as well…I don’t want anyone to worry about me too badly.”

She lifted her head again and smiled at Kitespring. It was a little strained, but there was genuine gratitude in her expression too. “I’ll be sure to rely on you for help. In truth, I don’t like staying alone.” It’s why she did not like the leader’s den. She couldn’t imagine how lonely it was to sleep all on your own in such a spacious den…when they found Perchstar, Poppyshine would have to ask her about it, if Perchstar got lonely like that too. “If it’s no trouble…Could you stay with me here for a little while? I have some time before I’m going to patrol with other warriors, and…I don’t want to be out until then.”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: a check-up (closed)   a check-up (closed) EmptyWed 5 Apr 2023 - 10:25

Kitespring smiled softly when Poppyshine started to lean on her. Selfishly, she liked it a lot, though she tried pushing those thoughts away as she tried focusing on how Poppyshine was feeling. Obviously, she felt comfortable leaning on her, which was always a good thing, especially during the times when everything seemed to be crumbling for her. And Poppyshine seemed to be grateful for Kitespring taking the time to talk with her.

Right now, she didn't have that much to say. Perhaps that was a good thing, though. Right now, her goal was to listen and to be here for Poppyshine, which meant that this wasn't the time to speak anyways. At least, until Poppyshine asked her if she could stay here for a while, and the words started to flow out of her mouth. "Yeah," she mewed, smiling at RiverClan's deputy. "I'll stay with you for as long as you need."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a check-up (closed)   a check-up (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

a check-up (closed)
Page 1 of 1