Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sweet River [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 10:12

Minksplash's tail twitched with an internal excitement as she moved in the direction of the river. Even with the cold ebbing away, she was a bit wary about the idea of going to swim. But thanks to having been taken by the twolegs, she needed it. Her muscles weren't quite what they used to be, and she wasn't about to let that stay her new norm. At least Sootspirit had agreed to go with her, and that was something she was more than thankful for. Even just to have company at this point. Being alone was something she tried to avoid in recent times, for what reason she couldn't quite place. "How has it been for you, readjusting back?" She couldn't help but be curious. It'd been harder than she had expected. At the very least, it seemed like her brother had a much better time. Finally, he had earned his name. Rowansong.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 10:44

He still hadn't recovered. As much as he wanted to be back in his own body it still felt like he wouldn't return. Some commands felt like his while others still didn't. It was his choice to go out with Minksplash, hoping it would help return him to normal, or at least get closer to it. Even if his movements felt sluggish, he still managed to keep up somewhat. "I uh.." His voice still came out softly, not as strong as it once was. "I'm getting there." Dull amber eyes turned to the ground in front of him, not really wanting her to see through the statement if she could. He didn't really know for sure if he was making progress or not.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 16:25

While she had turned her head to look at him, it didn't take words to tell her the truth. They'd both had a harder time than anticipated. "Me too." She mewed back in understanding, her tail gently gracing his back in solidarity. As the river appeared before them both, her ears would twitch. A bad feeling crept at her toes, but mentally, she dismissed them quickly instead as just nervousness. That was all it could be. Nerves, because she hadn't swam as best as she could in a long time. Not to mention the river had been rather high a few sunrises ago, so that no doubt was why she felt a bit uneasy. It was nothing she couldn't handle, though. She'd swam here plenty of times as an apprentice.

Conveniently, there was a quieter spot in the river that she led the two of them towards, and without any hesitation she dipped her front paws into the water. "Fish scales! That's cold!" It was... much colder than she'd expected, but it wasn't unswimmable. At least, not to the point that it was worth wasting the effort of coming to the river. She'd survive.

After a little bit of time to adjust, she eventually slowly slid into the water. [color:615d=A32721]"This should be an easy spot to do just a little bit of swimming..." She said aloud, though not really to Sootspirit in particular. Minksplash wasn't so much as looking for a response as she was just streaming her inner dialogue, but it was an open invitation for him to come with her nevertheless. He had a thicker, longer pelt than she did, after all. Even after having been in the twoleg nest for as long as they had.

Unfortunately for the russet molly, it seemed that she had quickly underestimated the river. Undercurrents were something she'd been really good at being able to detect, but it seemed as if her time away had taken that skill almost completely away. A few paddles out, and the surge pulled her legs from under her, dragging her beneath the surface. The cold bit at her bones with a shock that widened her eyes and unintentionally forced her to take in a large gulp of the water, one that she hadn't intended to drag into her stomach and lungs. It was pure instinct to force herself to the surface, but her frantic movements weren't doing her any favors. "Soot..! Help!" Minksplash called out, coughing some of the water as she tried to keep herself afloat and go towards the shore.

Move with the water, Minksplash... move with the water... you'll get there faster...

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 17:29

Sootspirit had followed after Minksplash, remaining quiet but understand what she meant when she had agreed with him on their circumstances. He appreciated the sounds of the river, it helped put him at ease. While he wasn't an expert swimmer, like some of the other cats in Riverclan he was decent enough. He wasn't going to swim today however. He would just sit at the ledge and watch. Swimming would probably be more than he could handle at the moment given his current state.

He stepped close to the edge of the river, letting his front paws settle into the cold water, ignoring the shock of cold as best as he could. Maybe he would join her if he could get more aware of everything, but it seemed things wouldn't go that way.

The peaceful moment was gone in an instant, as soon as Minksplash was swept away, Sootspirit was on his paws. Amber eyes scanning the surface for his clanmate. Once she emerged, the skinny tom moved forward ignoring the water as it splashed his fur, ignoring the weight. He needed to get to her. The dark tom swam as best as he could but his pelt was weighing him down. His muscles weren't strong enough, but he pushed forward, getting close to Minksplash trying to grab her but he was getting tired quickly. "I can't..!" Water was getting into his nose and mouth at this point. He was coughing trying to clear his mouth and lungs from the water.

He weakly tried to push her towards the shore, but as the moved down the river the current was getting stronger. He tried to keep fighting but he had no strength, with fear he realized the river was going to win..

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 18:25

As she tried to move with the water, it seemed there was simply no hope. Just as Sootspirit had gotten close enough for the two of them to collide and try to work together, her body was pulled under the water once more. Branches that had settled at the bottom snagged at her fur, and the hisses that wanted to come out were stopped by the water filling her mouth instead. She wanted to save Sootspirit, but she could hardly even get her own body to move the way she wanted.

Widened eyes locked onto his own, and had there not been water already stinging at her face, tears would have been streaming down. "I'm... sorry..!" She cried out. Hopefully, they'd reach the surface.

Hopefully, hopefully...

That hope would run out with one final tug of the water, and the world went black as her head collided with a rock. There was no ringing in her ears, it was simply the rush of water, then nothingness. It shouldn't have been fatal, but it seemed the stars had other plans for the water-loving molly. Instantly, her body went limp, her russet pelt floating to the top and leaving the trail of blood, pushed by the current.

Suddenly, it seemed as if the river went still. It was much easier to swim, and it was as if she was simply floating atop the water. Gliding with an ease that... shouldn't have been afforded to her. Panic was the first thing to then immediately shoot through her, and a glance to her left gave her the sight of something she shouldn't have seen.

"NO!"

"Come to the shore, Minksplash."

"Soots-"

"Come to the shore."

Tears. Why weren't there tears? She felt them trying to fall. Her legs worked on their own, bringing her to the shore, where she found the golden molly. Something about her felt familiar, but there was no way that she should have known her. Ears pinned to the back of her head, and Minksplash found herself simply collapsing at the molly's feet, crying her heart out.

"Sootspirit... I-I... I killed us both..."
"Shhh... shh... let us wait for my son. And we will go to the stars together."

Mapleleaf crouched, pressing her nose atop Minksplash's head. She'd bring the both of them to the Stars, she'd bring all of Poppy and her's children to the stars. Just as she quietly had promised. Once the tom would appear, the weak smile crossed her maw, and she dipped her head.

"Let's go, my loves."

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 19:00

Just as fast at it all started everything stopped. He seemed.. normal for once. Like himself, but it didn't take long for him to notice why. The river had claimed them, just as he realized in the last moments. Minksplash.. She was blaming herself but the dark tom shook his head. "It's not your fault." He told her quietly as he approached the two she-cats.

Bright amber eyes turned to Mapleleaf, a happiness shining in them that hadn't been seen for a long time. "Mom.." His voice filled with a sweet happiness, so glad to see his mother again, even if that meant he was dead. He hated that he died like this.. but it was his time. It was their time. It was time for them to join the stars.

"I'm ready."

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] EmptyTue 21 Mar 2023 - 20:41

this was pinged in the open one so I think its open now?? let me know if not and I can revert))

Sprucebark was out on his usual patrol and he was on time just as always. The orderly tom was about to head back to camp when he spotted off in the distance the two familiar pelts of his clanmates. They must be out sunbathing in the beach sand. He almost didn't think twice about it except that they didn't move at all when his patrol had neared... were they not more alert? Rival clans could be around and what then if they could not hear a patrol that was not even trying to be hidden. Sighing he lead his patrol over.

When he saw his sister laying lifeless and soaking wet on the earth below him he ran to her side. He panicked whimpering no over and over again as he desperately tried to hit at her back to force the water out of her. He was hoping beyond hopes that he could somehow save her.

He ordered his patrol mate to do the same for sootspirit but after a long while it was setting in. A numb stabbing feeling that they were both gone.

As he looked down to his front paws his vision fogged up. His reflection from the water quivering with the ripples. He squeezed his eyes shut tears falling freely down and when he reopened his eyes he swore that his reflection was gone replaced momentarily by a dark shapeless shadow: a shell of what once was

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet River [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet River [c]   Sweet River [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet River [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The River-
Jump to: