Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Checking In [Emberkit]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5704

Checking In [Emberkit] Empty
PostSubject: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 10:21

The nursery wasn't quite ready, in truth, and the snowfall and cold had slowed the gathering of suitable den materials for it, but it wasn't like kits would wait to be born until it was completed, and so Wolfblossom had made it a point to check in on them when she wasn't out patrolling or assigning cats to patrols and helping with repairs to the dens and camp in general. The few kits and queens that Skyclan had were their most vulnerable clanmates, and Wolfblossom wouldn't let them be forgotten amidst the general state of chaos around camp.

Picking up a thin squirrel from the fresh-kill pile, Wolfblossom headed toward the den in question. She could have left the duty to one of the apprentices, but they all had enough to do, with even some of the older apprentices needing to learn of their own territory after moons spent sheltering in fourtrees. And there was no point in asking any of them to do things that their deputy wouldn't do herself.

"Hey," She chirped a warm greeting as she ducked her head into the den. "Have you eaten yet?"

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Characters : Sparkpaw, Darkpaw, Emberpaw
Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 12:01

Emberkit

Emberkit smelled something delicious. She let her nose sniff its way out of her warm nest, trying to identify the smell before she opened her eyes. She had to practice for being a SkyClan apprentice, after all!

"It's either mouse...or maybe rabbit..." she mewed softly, her nose moving ever closer to the smell. "Maybe...some kind of bird...?" In truth, the scent was almost like the forest, reminding Emberkit of how the apprentices usually smelled when they brought fresh-kill into the nursery. Like how I'll smell when I become an apprentice! she realized.

Her eyes flashed open as her nose met something furry - the source of the great smell. "Aw, it's squirrel," she huffed, before she noticed who the cat on the other side of the fresh-kill was. The SkyClan deputy?? Emberkit was so awestruck at the sight of Wolfblossom that she almost didn't answer the she-cat's question. "I - I haven't eaten yet! But I'm starving!" she admitted, sitting down and staring up at the SkyClan deputy. "Have you eaten yet?" Emberkit asked curiously. Maybe they could share!

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 14:39

Wolfblossom's lips twitched into a soft smile as she tried to stifle the purr of amusement that desperately wanted to leave her throat at the sight of Emberkit sniffing her way toward the squirrel and making guesses as to what the prey was. It had been a while since she'd seen that innocent enthusiasm in Skyclan's kits, no doubt because of the turmoils that had befallen the clan after the great shake.

The disappointment as little Emberkit opened her eyes to see it was a squirrel made her whiskers twitch, though the deputy refused to laugh at the kit's reaction. "You were close," She mewed softly, "And you'll learn to recognize them all by scent in time." She added. Apprenticeship wasn't all that far off, even if to a kit it seemed like forever. Wolfblossom could remember her own impatience and excitement about that particular ceremony, too. Her siblings had been no less impatient than she, and Wolfblossom doubted most kits wouldn't be. Of course, she'd never expected to be the one making kits apprentices either, but her own excitement at the idea of a ceremony was still there even if they had started to become part of her routine.

Being asked if she'd eaten yet was a surprise, but it showed an amount of consideration that the kit had. Wolfblossom shook her head, "I haven't." She admitted, "But I'd rather make sure my clanmates were fed first." It was technically a part of the warrior code, but to Wolfblossom it was simple courtesy - and respect for her fellow cat. The tabby and white she-cat sat, fluffy tail curling over her paws.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 18:05

Emberkit

Emberkit tilted her head to the side at Wolfblossom's words. "Why?" she asked. "Is that a rule? Is that why Crookedpaw and Juniperpaw and all the other apprentices are always bringing us fresh-kill?" She looked at the SkyClan deputy curiously. "Will they be in trouble if they don't do it?" Emberkit could remember some of the rules of being a SkyClan cat, but she had to admit there sure were a lot of them. She hoped that she'd be able to remember all of them when she was finally made an apprentice herself. She definitely wasn't going to get in trouble.

Emberkit could feel in her paws how ready she was to be an apprentice; she dreamed of seeing the rest of the forest, of learning how to hunt and fight and climb trees, and defending her clan with tooth and claw. She wanted to be a real SkyClan cat, not stuck in the nursery all the time. Emberkit wanted to be strong and capable, like Wolfblossom was. Maybe I can even be a deputy someday, she thought with wonder. Then, her stomach growled, and she remembered just how hungry she was.

"Thank you for bringing the squirrel," Emberkit mewed politely."Someday, I'll catch the biggest, fastest squirrel in the whole forest! And then I'll bring it back for you to eat," she promised Wolfblossom with a grin.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc

Last edited by kizzy on Thu 26 Jan 2023 - 11:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 10:41

"Well, it is part of the warrior code. But it's one of the more sensible rules that should be followed regardless, I think." She replied, fluffy tail curling over her paws. "Someone's always assigned to that. But I'd prefer cats who went out of their way to do it without being asked. I'd hope Skyclan warriors would be better than to only think of their own hunger first. I think most are. I've never had to punish anyone for that and I hope I don't have to." Wolfblossom had no problem with getting her clanmates to act like the warriors that they were. She had no problem with shepherding the lazy and getting them to do their fair share of work. Punishments were not something she thought to do lightly. If it came down to it, she would. Not gladly, but she recognized that sometimes appropriate punishment was necessary.

"You're welcome." The deputy dipped her head. "When you're made an apprentice, your mentor will teach you all of that." Skyclan had some of the finest hunters in the forest, of course. It wouldn't be too much longer before Emberkit was old enough to become an apprentice and be mentored by one of them. "Once leafbare ends our prey will have more meat on them. They don't like the snow and cold any more than we do."

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 16:28

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit felt a flash of excitement race through her at the SkyClan deputy's words. She felt more than ready to be made an apprentice, and she was confident that she could handle any challenge her future mentor had for her. "Do you know who my mentor will be?" she asked Wolfblossom. The she-cat that sat before her seemed like she knew a lot. Maybe she even knew as much as Birdstar herself!

Emberkit's apprentice ceremony had to be any day now, and she had been daydreaming for what felt like moons about who her mentor might be. Marigoldmask...Trufflesnap...Stormwatcher...there are so many powerful warriors in our clan! The little tabby kit had often watched them coming back from hunting or border patrols, and to her, there seemed to be no greater way to serve SkyClan than to become a warrior.

Her stomach gave another growl of hunger. Emberkit settled down beside the squirrel, her mouth watering. Just as she was about to take a bite, she remembered her manners. I can't start yet! What if Wolfblossom is hungry, too?  

"Do you...want the first bite?" Emberkit mewed, using both paws to push the squirrel toward the SkyClan deputy. "We can share it! I'm still too small to eat a whole squirrel on my own!"

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 20:27

"Not yet, no." Wolfblossom said, "Sometimes I don't have it figured out until days before the ceremony. I try to pick a mentor I think will best help a new apprentice, and I try not to give mentors more than one apprentice at a time." That would perhaps narrow it down for the kit, if she wanted to guess... Or it might not. Several of Skyclan's apprentices were close to becoming warriors, and Wolfblossom had been pleased with how their training was progressing. Emberkit would be among their ranks soon too, and from what she'd seen, the kit was eager and willing to learn. That would serve her well if she kept that attitude into apprenticehood, Wolfblossom thought.

The offer of food was a surprise, Wolfblossom blinked at the kit slowly. "Oh go on. You eat what you can, you're still growing." She had been about to shake her head at the offer, but... "I'll have a bite." She conceded, reaching forward and carefully hooking her claw into the squirrel, tearing a small chunk for herself. She was careful to leave the choicer bits for Emberkit however. The squirrel had been thin and wouldn't be the best, like it would've been in greenleaf, but there was still enough for a decent meal out of it.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 10:08

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit practically glowed with happiness as she settled down to eat beside Wolfblossom. She was thrilled that the SkyClan deputy had agreed to share the squirrel with her, and even more excited that they'd get to talk longer!

"I'm really excited to be an apprentice," Emberkit mewed between bites. "For a while I was thinking about being a medicine cat, because it's super cool to talk to StarClan, but then I heard about herbs and what mouse bile is, and there's no way I'm getting that stuff all over my paws." She swiped her tongue across her lips, savoring the forest flavors that flooded her senses. She thought back to the stories she'd heard about SkyClan before she was born; about the battles, the forbidden romances, and the apprentices sneaking out of camp to explore without their mentors.

Emberkit looked up at Wolfblossom. "What was it like when you were an apprentice?" she asked curiously. "Did you ever get in trouble with your mentor?" She couldn't imagine that; Wolfblossom seemed so strong and capable, too much so to ever dream of disobeying her mentor. I want to be just like her, Emberkit decided.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 10:52

"Being a medicine cat... Yeah, I don't know how they deal with the herbs and the injuries, honestly. My parents were medicine cats, Plumleaf's my sister, and sometimes I wonder what goes through their heads. They are invaluable to the clan, though, and do a lot of good." She missed her parents terribly. Fogfeather and Plumleaf too. Knowing that Plumleaf had been taken by twolegs and not knowing if she was safe or not... Wolfblossom shook her head. Dwelling on it would do no good, and she wasn't going to bring up that conversation to a kit.

Had she gotten in trouble? A small smirk crossed her expression. "Ravenclaw was a wonderful mentor to me. I bet she wished I didn't enjoy sparring so much... I was a bit of a brat, actually. And stubborn. I didn't sneak out to the borders or anything, though, I think Ravenclaw was smart enough to keep me too busy for that." She grinned, "Being able to get out of camp as an apprentice was freeing. I loved learning, too." She would just... Not go into detail about how Skyclan was almost at war for most of her apprenticeship. That was a story best left for another day.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 14:20

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit let out a mrrow of laughter at her deputy's words. Stubborn! She tried to picture Wolfblossom as an unruly apprentice, all scruffy fur and dusty whiskers from sparring out in the forest. She could hardly believe that was the same cat who sat in front of her now. Did she dream of being deputy when she was my age? Emberkit wondered.

"Can we...still share meals sometimes, when I'm an apprentice?" Emberkit asked cautiously. She was already itching to be out in the forest, inspired both by Wolfblossom's words and the delicious squirrel they'd been sharing. At the same time, she really liked Wolfblossom, and it made her sad to think that the she-cat was only hanging about because she felt like she had to. I'm probably the only kit in SkyClan who hasn't made any friends, Emberkit thought, flattening her ears. She didn't typically feel sad about the fact that she spent most of her time alone, but as she grew closer to being made an apprentice, the idea made her especially nervous.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 20:17

"Of course." Wolfblossom nodded in response, hardly thinking of the answer at all. Spending more time around the nursery was hardly in question, of course, and why not spend the time talking to the kits and giving the queens a bit of a break? Emberkit seemed to Wolfblossom to be good company, and she wouldn't just turn down clanmates that wanted to spend time with her. It was nice, to not be on patrol or in a position where she needed to be in charge and order others around, too. And if the kit asked, Wolfblossom was happy to do so. "I'll be busy helping with camp repairs for a while yet, but I'll make time to check in on you, don't worry."

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 21:18

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit beamed at Wolfblossom's response. So this won't go away when I'm made an apprentice! She thought with excitement. Then, some of her previous anxieties came back, and she suddenly didn't feel hungry anymore.

"I'm...worried the other apprentices won't like me," she admitted to Wolfblossom, flattening her ears. "Because I don't feel like I have any friends in the nursery." She was grateful that it was just the two of them in the den; Emberkit would have never felt brave enough to say this with anyone else there to overhear. "I just want to be a good apprentice," she told Wolfblossom. "But I'm really glad you'll still be there when I'm made one," she added, feeling a little better. At least I'll know be able to count on her, Emberkit thought with relief.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptySat 28 Jan 2023 - 8:38

The insecurities came back in full, it seemed, and Wolfblossom's gaze softened at Emberkit's words. "It's harder when there's not many cats around your age, isn't it?" She'd had many siblings, being one of seven, but Emberkit, if she recalled, was an only kit. And in leafbare the nursery was always emptier, or so Wolfblossom had always heard.

"The other apprentices are nice. I think you'll be okay once you warm up to them." Wolfblossom tried to reassure her. "I know Skyclan doesn't have the most... sociable cats. Some of them could do with being dragged into conversation more, if you ask me. But none of them are mean." Well, there was Blackbear, and Trufflesnap were a bit... rough around the edges, Wolfblossom had to admit. But they weren't bad cats. "Most of your future denmates need some encouragement, is all." The great shake and being in fourtrees had left little time for most of them to truly socialize when everyone had been wary of getting snatched up by twolegs or trying to keep to the limited territory fourtrees provided. They were finally home and in their own camp, without having to worry about stepping on toes of the other clans. They would have dens, they would have safety, and while the twolegs were still a threat with their traps, the stability of their own territory and having their own space would help everyone relax a little, Wolfblossom hoped. "Becoming an apprentice takes a bit of adjusting, too. But it's not so bad. I think you'll do fine."

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptySat 28 Jan 2023 - 19:25

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit took a deep breath. Finally, it seemed like someone understood her. She felt so lonely being the only one in her litter, and the feeling had only intensified as she grew closer to six moons and to her apprentice ceremony. She hoped desperately that she would make friends with the other SkyClan apprentices when it was time to move into their den; it sure seemed like there were a lot of them, so she was bound to make a few friends, wasn't she?

Emberkit tried to take Wolfblossom's words to heart. After all, she'd been an apprentice once, too, and it seemed like she knew a lot about how it might go for Emberkit. "I'll try not to worry," she told the SkyClan deputy. There was just something about sharing a meal together that had made Emberkit's uncertainty bubble up to the surface. And because Wolfblossom is a good listener, Emberkit thought happily.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023 - 9:52

Emberkit said she would try not to worry. She knew from experience how futile that could be at times, even before it had become somewhat of her job as Skyclan's deputy, but all she could do was try. "Good." Wolfblossom finished her own portion of the meal. "It won't always be easy, but you do have clanmates to talk to." She added softly. "That's what we're here for."

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking In [Emberkit]   Checking In [Emberkit] Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking In [Emberkit]
Page 1 of 1