Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] Empty
PostSubject: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptySun 22 Jan 2023 - 15:28

Poppyshine

The disappearance of Poppyshine’s children have weighed heavily in her mind. She had done her best not to collapse from the stress of it all, not as she had with Owlshriek and Sleepycloud’s deaths…but it still weighed heavily in her mind. Part of her wondered if she was cursed, somehow…With her friends dying or disappearing, one after the other. She wondered how long it would be before something more happened to Perchstar, to Stormdance, to all of the other cats in her clan that she thought of so fondly…she wanted no more harm to come to them, but after her moons of being alive, she knew that that simply was not possible for warriors. Her children were not dead, and so she had to hope that they would return to her just as other cats had. She had to have patience and faith.

She also needed fresh air, and some moments away from camp. She loved her camp, she loved RiverClan, but right now it only weighed on her with the absence of her family. She walked through the territory, and found herself at the river. The river did not frighten her quite as much as it used to, though she still would not dare step into the water. She walked along its edge, patrolling the border absently. Perhaps she was just fulfilling her duties, but also, perhaps, she wondered if she would have a chance to see her friend; dear Birdstar who she had not spoken with since even before Owlshriek and Sleepycloud’s passing, due to circumstances that had kept her from visiting again. It was unlikely that Birdstar would be here again. Their fleeing friendly meetings was a short-lived tradition that had long since died out due to Poppyshine’s inability to visit. Still…her eyes scanned the shoreline on the other side curiously.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 21:57

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

SkyClan's return home had lifted a massive weight off Birdstar's shoulders. Since returning from the Moonstone, she had been... slower, in a way, but the agitation that would never truly leave her still itched. But now that they were out of that worn clearing, not under the threat of other Clans waltzing in or surrounded by twolegs on all sides, the restlessness had subsided– for the time being, at least. Being under the trees again, frost-slicked stone under her pads as she walked across the territories, sinking her claws into the bark of familiar trees– and their camp, wrecked as it was, but looking better and better every day. Birdstar let out a deep exhale, heat from her breath briefly clouding the air in front of her. It felt good.

As long as she didn't think about the fact that no one had seen Beechfang for moons, or that Astershine and Plumleaf, her dear sister and SkyClan's medicine cat had disappeared, or that Crookedpaw and Blackbear were yet to return... or that of all cats, Trufflesnap had returned, and with news that she'd seen Crookedpaw, no less, or that– The large molly shook herself out, sighing again and picking up her pace a little bit. This was supposed to be a relaxing walk, a brief moment away from the busyness of camp. Not the time to be worrying about things. Still, the worrisome thoughts continued to mutter in the back of her mind.

Thankfully, another muttering broke her out of her thoughts. The strained voice of the river, half-frozen, babbling against the ice. Birdstar's ears turned forward, a look of surprise crossing her expression. She hadn't been intending to come here, but it seemed her paws had other ideas. And as she padded closer, she realized she wasn't alone: a familiar little calico stood on the opposite bank, looking lost in thought. It had been ages since Birdstar had actually gotten to talk to Poppyshine more than a passing exchange... not since before all this had started, and a moon or two on top of that. Her heart picked up a bit at the excitement of getting to talk to her friend again. Trotting right up to the edge of the ice, the leader waved her tail, warmly calling out, "Poppyshine! It's been so long, how are you? How's RiverClan managing?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptySun 29 Jan 2023 - 16:11

Poppyshine

Poppyshine lit up when she saw the cat that she had been hoping to catch sight of. She walked up to the river’s edge and gave her a bright smile. “Birdstar!” she greeted happily. Worries that weighed on her were momentarily forgotten in the presence of her friend. “It is wonderful to see you! I'm sorry that I have not been able to come and see you for so long. Congratulations on the new name. I didn’t get a chance to say that to you before.” She felt bad for the loss of Briarstar, but it was exciting nonetheless that Birdstar had earned her name as leader.

The thought of a missing cat quickly tore down the excitement as thoughts of her own missing children returned to her. The excited swishing of her tail slowed and her ears were no longer quite as perked. She did her best to still hold onto her smile, although it was tinged with melancholy now. “We are managing,” she replied softly. “We’ve…lost a lot of warriors to the twolegs, all at once. We’re not sure what caused so many kidnappings so suddenly, but…” Poppyshine wanted to say more, make mention of how it was her children, or how their medicine cat was gone so soon after their last one perished, and they were left even more vulnerable than they had been in a while. It had barely been two seasons since Cloverheart’s passing as well. Could RiverClan not keep a medicine cat for long?

But these were not Birdstar’s burdens to bear, and Poppyshine knew that Perchstar would not want her to go speaking about RiverClan’s tragedy to another clan’s leader, even if she were friends with that cat. So she left it at that.

“I do hope that SkyClan is faring better,” Poppyshine continued. She mustered a larger smile. “How about Rainkit? Has he earned his apprentice name yet?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 23:27

A rush of heat washed through Birdstar's pelt at the comment on her new name, and her ears tilted downwards sheepishly. She'd been congratulated already, by her own family and Clanmates, but she was surprised that RiverClan's deputy cared enough to mention it. Maybe it was just a formality, but either way– the surprise was pleasant, and her tail waved in acknowledgment as she mewed, "Thank you, Poppyshine." She'd managed to bite her tongue against a toneless remark about how unexpected it'd been.

Though her smile had started to rise, it faltered quickly when the calico seemed to deflate. Blinking curiously, Birdstar tipped her head to the side, ears angling forward to listen when Poppyshine's voice softened. "I'm... sorry to hear that," she offered gently. She wished she could sympathize more, but SkyClan had been lucky not to lose too many of their warriors. But whether they had lost one or twenty, it hurt the same. "SkyClan's managing. It's good to be back in our camp, and the twolegs haven't been too intrusive for us. But... we're not lucky enough to go entirely unnoticed." In a whisper just loud enough to carry across the river, she added, "My sister was among them. I hope your Clanmates come back, just like I know she will."

Taking a step back from the river's edge, Birdstar reclined on her haunches, bowing her head towards Poppyshine's good will– and quickly looking back up again at the mention of Rainkit. It had been a long time since she'd called him that. Birdstar couldn't help the laugh that rose from her, even if it was dampened by the previous subject. "Oh, yes, some moons ago actually. Shortly after we last spoke, I think." The pride she held for the apprentice was immediately apparent: Birdstar sat a little straighter, chest puffed out and eyes warm. "He's made a wonderful apprentice. It's been hard, all of this–" she thought about the look in his eyes when Stormwatcher announced Crookedpaw's disappearance, and a quiet sigh left her before she continued, "hard for all of us. But he's smart, a fast learner, and he's been amazing. He's exactly the sort of warrior I'd want to represent SkyClan." Birdstar's voice drifted. She considered mentioning Juniperpaw, but she could bring up the little ragdoll later. When she looked at Poppyshine again, the weariness under her smile, she couldn't help but lower her voice and gently ask, "Is your family alright?" the prayer of I hope they weren't among the captured left unsaid.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptySun 5 Feb 2023 - 12:19

Poppyshine

Birdstar’s pride in Rainpaw was obvious as she spoke of him.  It brought a more genuine smile to Poppyshine’s face as she listened. It reminded her of when she wouldn’t stop talking about her own children. She recalled Birdstar insisting before that Rainpaw was not her kit, just someone she found…well. Poppyshine knew a mother’s pride when she heard it. It made her purr to listen now.

“Is your family alright?”

Poppyshine’s heart skipped a beat. She desperately clung to her smile as she looked at Birdstar, but what could she say? She could not say yes. Birdstar was such a kind friend; Poppyshine was not sure that she could lie to her. Even when she wanted to stay happy and cheery for her sake…Poppyshine felt tears bubbling up and they wetted her eyes.

“They—no. I’m afraid…not,” she choked out. She quickly turned her face into her shoulder to try and wipe away the tears as they started dripping down her cheeks. “Oh I’m—I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…I’m sorry, Birdstar. This doesn’t make for pleasant conversation, does it?”

Poppyshine wanted to remain upbeat and cheerful. She was genuinely happy to be speaking with her friend. But losing so many of her children so quickly was still such a fresh wound, and one that had not received any closure. Unlike other cats whose families had returned to them, none of Poppyshine’s children had returned, starting from Reedpaw being swept away in the currents to Sandyshell disappearing when she went out to gather herbs. Poppyshine still held onto hope that they would return, but it did not help the hurt that tore at her like claws.

"Rainpaw--I'm truly happy to hear about the great progress he's made. That is so wonderful a-and I'm glad he is showing such promise."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 18:37

Though the tone of their conversation had been bordering somber before, Birdstar felt immediately the shift in it at her question. Though Poppyshine was trying to force that smile to persist, tears rose in her eyes. Birdstar's chest tightened, and she tried to sputter out a retraction, but she couldn't string anything together fast enough to beat the calico's response. Her ears lowered at the apology, and a little ember of frustration started to light in her chest. Of all the cats she knew, Poppyshine had easily been the most pleasant... it was cruel, that she would have to suffer this.

"You don't... have to apologize," she tried, sounding a bit unsteady. She never knew how to handle emotions, tears least of all. Hopefully she would sound as kind as she meant to. Bowing her head respectfully, Birdstar added, "I'm sorry, that I asked." She considered adding an I hope you see them again soon, but Poppyshine had not said whether they were lost to the twolegs, or... worse. Birdstar was not going to press, either. After a moment, she coughed inwardly and finished with, [color=#3CB371]"I hope it gets easier."

Poppyshine was quick to return the subject to Rainpaw, even though she still fought through her tears. Birdstar wished more than anything she could step back a few moments and cuff herself over the head before she'd gone clawing at such a sore subject. She was half-tempted to apologize again, but instead she stiffly cleared her throat, loud and sure. If Poppyshine wanted to revert conversation, then she would let her. When she spoke again about Rainpaw, her voice was a bit dimmed. "Thank you. I'm sure he'd appreciate the praise, if he were here to hear it." She drifted. She did not want to talk about Rainpaw too much, now; it felt like she would be sneering over having her own family in tact while Poppyshine cried opposite her. Shifting awkwardly on her paws, Birdstar found herself sputtering out another apology before she could think better of it, "Again, you don't have to... feel sorry, or anything. It's alright, Poppyshine. I... know that losing family hurts. I do wish the best, for them and for you."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptyWed 1 Mar 2023 - 9:59

Poppyshine

Poppyshine took a few deep breaths while Birdstar was speaking to her. She quelled her tears and wiped the last of them away with her paw. She did not want to dwell on her painful feelings; not when a friend was here, who she was making feel worse by crying. “I hope it will work out,” Poppyshine mewed softly, and she decided to leave it at that. She had no idea what will come of today, but she hoped that it would work out, one way or another.

She blinked away the last of her tears and looked to Birdstar again. Her smile was not quite as easy to put on, but she did still look genuinely happy to be speaking with the SkyClan leader. With her feelings calmed again, she continued, “I hope SkyClan is faring well with other apprentices for Rainpaw to be friends with. We have a few kits who are ready to become apprentices any day now.” That is, if they would accept the offer to become apprentices. She knew they were still holding out hope for family returning before they accepted the offer.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptySun 5 Mar 2023 - 12:12

Birdstar’s ears turned downward as brief quiet drifted between them and Poppyshine cleared the last of her tears. She wished there were more she could say, something that was actually kind and comforting. At a loss for words and hearing a certain finality in the deputy’s, she opted for just nodding and humming thoughtfully.

“Yes, we are,” she responded slowly. After a moment, she sat straight again and tried a tentative smile of her own. There was still a bit of hesitancy in her mew, unsure if she would be further treading over fresh wounds, but she took up the conversation. “He has one friend– sister? –he gets on especially well with. His other best friend–” Birdstar stalled, then shook herself into a shrug and finished, “yes, he has good friends.” She hoped that Crookedpaw was safe and healthy wherever he’d gone, and that he would return to SkyClan, to Rainpaw, soon.

Finally, she allowed herself to sit rather than just standing and shuffling awkwardly. Relaxing as much as she could, Birdstar inclined her head to Poppyshine again. “More kits is always good. I hope they can take up their training soon; I’m sure they’ll be fine warriors.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 19:04

Poppyshine

Poppyshine could hear the quiet unsaid words, and she chose to not comment on them. Instead, she smiled and tried to keep her words light and let the air clear now that her tears were dried. She replied, “I’m glad he’s got some friends to keep him company. That’s very important for someone at his age.” She was still grateful for all of the friends she had when she was an apprentice. They taught her a lot about herself and about being a warrior before she ever even became one.

“The kits ranking will be great,” Poppyshine agreed with a nod. “I hope SkyClan is blessed with new apprentices soon as well.” The sooner things can return to normal for them all…the better. “Should you ever need anything from RiverClan in this trying time, please let me know.” She cannot promise that they will have resources to spare, but Poppyshine liked Birdstar. If SkyClan was struggling and they could do something about it, then she wanted to be able to help.
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]   This Stray Italian Greyhound [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

This Stray Italian Greyhound [C]
Page 1 of 1