Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

That was a mistake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

That was a mistake Empty
PostSubject: That was a mistake   That was a mistake EmptySun 25 Dec 2022 - 17:26

(I already regret so much for killing Daisybreeze… tried to get her back but understnably rules are in place to keep things orderly so we will continue off like I promised with batsong returning home with her… I guess if there is any lesson to this… post your death topics offsite and just think about it for a day or 2 if you still like the idea send it but yea the regret is real, anyways I’m getting a new coyote kit soon that imma hold onto for a very very very long time so yay)

For the second time today, Daisybreeze woke up unsure of where she was. But her name was called as the land around her all started to glow like a silvery pelt. She sprung to her paws with newfound energy and ran towards the voice. She purred so happily seeing it was golden paw. She nuzzles into him filled with a joy and happiness to get to be back with him after being apart for so long. Hawk heart was there two and the pair of siblings went racing to his side as they ran along to her new home.

She was happy, she was at peace again which she had been looking for for so long. Golden paw and her got to play and hunt side by side every day and they kept their promise, the looked after their clan and friends awaiting for when coyotegrin would also be able to join them. Daisybreeze felt so guilty for leaving mom but there was nothing she could do to change that now, and with golden paws reassurance she knew that one day they would all see each other again. It was just as batsong had predicted the pair of them and hawk heart and their little sibling quickkit too all together and all happy. They had friendly compititons to race across the night sky, would stay up late and talk about when they were back at windclan, would whisper and giggle over who they secretly liked and other games that they had missed out on as apprentices because of golden paws untimely death, it truest was like a second chance for her to live again with what was supposed to happen the first time around.

Batsong stared down teary eyed at the warrior now gone from her. Daisybreeze was gone and happily living in starclan now but the living had to keep moving forward. Batsong felt her own wounds stinging and bleeding still.

With great effort she picked up Daisybreeze onto her back, the weight was much more than just physical as she trudged back to camp.

What was she even supposed to say?? Batsong went through the clan entrance and told the nearest warrior for help and the other to gently go get coyotegrin… she also had lost a daughter and knew the amount of pain this would bring, and that she couldn’t really do anything to lessen it no one could.

She stumbled forward trying to get to her den where she could patch herself up. She went a ways forward and saw flutterpetal… oh flutter … he was not deserving of this . She flicked her tail wanting to break the news to him more gentle than if he had just seen his friends body straight out flutter ? I need your help in my den for a second and that was true as well, her wounds were in some hard to reach areas on her back. And flutter knew a decent amount of herbs as well with all the flowers he always had and he had been to some of her lessons as well

Once he was doing that she sat him down gently the last thing needed was him fainting over. There’s been an accident flutter she said quietly doing her best not to tear up as well.

I uhh I want to break this to you slowly… it’s pretty bad news

She met his eyes, he was always so wholesome and cheerful and amazing and she would do anything to preserve that. She didn’t want him to change at all he didn’t deserve this. None of them deserved this it wasn’t fair. Wasn’t how any of this was to happen.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

That was a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was a mistake   That was a mistake EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 6:18

f2u-decor-gogoriki-background-by-mairu-doggy-dbj2ej2Adderdawn

When he did not hunt, did not patrol, did not spar or find anything else necessitating his attention, Adderdawn sat watchfully on the rocks. It was all he could think to do, to sit and watch over WindClan. As of late, he'd started finding himself utterly immobilized when he was not given a set task. He had no interest in wandering the craggy slopes (twolegs and sharp-tongued rogues were abound, anyway), nor in a midday nap, nor sharing tongues and eating. He needed to keep his paws busy, somehow, but... without directive, he did not know what to do with them. The muscles in Adderdawn's shoulders twitched, growing stiff and sore from spending so long in this position.

There was some benefit to it, though. From his perch, he could spy most cats that wandered up to Highstones long before they reached what makeshift camp WindClan had established. Small ears turned forward at the sight of a figure approaching, and he was about to call a warning when he realized it was only Batsong. Or– was it only Batsong? Adderdawn leaned forward slightly, squinting. Something... no, someone was draped heavily across her back. As the medicine cat drew closer, the tang of blood caught on the air, and Adderdawn's nose wrinkled at the scent. As hurriedly as he could unwind taught muscles, he got to his paws and hurried off the rocks to greet her.

She had made it to the rest of the Clan just moments before he did, lowering her passenger gently from her shoulders and unto the earth. Two warriors shuffled away from her, and Batsong went stumbling away towards what space had become serviceable as a den. On her way, she passed by Flutterpetal, beckoning him with her. Adderdawn's ears lowered, and he registered just how sharp the blood-scent had become, acrid on his tongue. His stomach was starting to turn, that familiar dread and anger settling in his gut. Without looking at the body that had been delivered, he knew the cat was dead. He had seen this display several times; it never changed, just the faces in the middle of it did. With bristling tail and vision starting to blur, he took a step closer to the body and tipped his head down to see who had joined Silverpelt this time.

Immediately, his breath hitched in his throat. Standing right beside her, he felt a wave of sickening guilt that he had not recognized the body immediately. Under all the blood, he hadn't been able to make out the soft calico fur. Daisybreeze, her body marked with countless wounds and thickly matted from whatever fight she had gotten into. As still as any other corpse. Adderdawn could feel his heart pounding hard against his ribs, heat and pressure behind his eyes, legs starting to shake. His own words started ringing violently, incessantly in his head. Know I will spend the rest of my breath cursing you to the Dark Forest. Know I will spend the rest of my breath cursing you to the Dark Forest. Know–

Shuddering, Adderdawn stooped. With his nose just a breath away from her shoulder, he could smell the fox clinging to her fur, and see more clearly the gruesome tear in her neck. He couldn't help it; he laughed. A joyless, wounded noise, but he laughed. Was that their family's birth rite, to be slain by foxes? Would it be Coyotegrin's turn soon?

The laughing turned into heavy sighing, and then one rage-filled sob as he touched his nose properly to her shoulder. It was so senseless, all of it– all of it. How many WindClan cats were meant to die these horrible, early deaths? How much were they going to suffer? And stars, even though he'd announced for the whole Clan to hear he could not stand to be Daisybreeze's friend, his heart felt tight. He had never got the chance to apologize (not that he had been ready to), and now he never would. Stepping away, the tom closed his eyes against the sight of her. If he looked any longer, the horror combined with his exhaustion and rage might force up what little bile was left in his stomach. "You're a foxheart for dying now," he whispered, wincing as he said it. Was it wrong to insult the dead, even teasingly? "I'll see you in StarClan, one day."

When he opened his eyes again, Adderdawn's attention immediately went towards Batsong and Flutterpetal– what he could see of them, at least. Oh, Flutter. WindClan as a whole did not deserve this suffering, but his brother especially... he was the best among them, but the stars were determined to break that spirit. Perhaps that was their birth rite: Coyotegrin's family would get swallowed by foxes, and he and Flutter would lose anyone they cared for except each other. On wobbling paws, Adderdawn stepped past Daisybreeze, moving past other cats that had come to mourn to linger a few fox-lengths away from Batsong and his brother. Subconsciously, he'd seated himself between Flutter's line of sight to Daisybreeze as he sat down, head bowing while he waited for their more private conversation to end.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

That was a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was a mistake   That was a mistake EmptyFri 6 Jan 2023 - 19:21

He should have known that there was something wrong.

Flutterpetal missed the moors. He missed the winds. While there was still wind up here, it was not the friendly breeze that ruffled his fur and ran along behind him as he sprinted the entire lengths of the grassy fields. Instead, the wind up here was sharper. Meaner. Tight, bitter, strong gusts that bit into his pelt at night and stole what little warmth the dark fluff could cultivate, no matter how closely he tried to snuggle with his brother. On good days in WindClan, Flutter often felt that he could converse with the winds. He dreamed to himself that they would whisper quietly in his ear where he could find the best flowers, or where the nearby rabbits hid, or even just that the day was a good one to breathe and live and exist. These winds were not so kind. They were close-lipped, as stingy with their information as the rocks with their deeply hidden water. However, this morning, as he had awoken and gone on his patrol in the territory he did not know and could not understand, he could have sworn that a sharp voice crept into his ear and would not let go. It told him "beware." He brushed it off as some odd trick of the craggy stones that shaped the breezes around him, but it had left him with a lingering feeling of uneasiness all day.

He sat now near the medicine "den" (not that they truly had one here), trying to let the scent of herbs soothe him. It was the closest thing he could get to flowers these days. They rarely bloomed in such cold weather, and certainly not on the high peaks where he felt that they had been exiled by the stars. He had already gone hunting and done what was needed. Now, he simply sat, trying to think of some way to calm his jittery nerves.

At the sound of Batsong's voice, he turned around, ears perking up. He hadn't been expecting to be approached. However, he smiled at the medicine cat, not quite noticing the guilty way her whiskers drooped or how her tail dragged behind her, or the acrid scent of fox mingled with blood that wafted from her pelt. It was all blown away by the unkind winds. "Sure, I can help," he responded easily, glad for a chance to distract himself. He followed her over to the small set-apart healing area, noticing quickly as he did so that she was wounded. He still remained blissfully unaware of the reason. The smile dropped from his face as he looked into the piles of healing implements, hoping to see something he recognized. She must have asked him for help healing. Perhaps Birchpaw was busy. "Oh dear, what happened? Let me get you some cobwebs. What herbs should I use?"

It took a while for her quiet words to sink in. However, when they did, Flutterpetal ceased anxiously pattering around the herb stocks and instead sat down by the medicine cat, face to face. There was a sheen to her eyes that immediately made his heart sink. Something must have been very wrong. Some small part of his mind wondered belatedly if it was too late to pretend he hadn't heard anything. Instead, he found himself speaking without feeling the words leave his mouth. "...What happened?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

That was a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was a mistake   That was a mistake EmptyFri 6 Jan 2023 - 22:18

Batsong drew in shaky breaths. But managed to give a little nod at Flutters question... "ss-...sure... c-c-c..obwebs would be great" she said quietly stuttering over herself, as Flutter got them her mind tried to figure out how to tell them all this... how could she give news that would lessen his spirits so much ... she wanted to do it in the gentlest, caring way possible for him. Flutter was an amazingly kind spirit and she didnt want to see it soured by loss after loss.

It should have been me, she thought to herself. I'm supposed to protect this clan and I can't.

It wasnt fair for them to all lose so much, not after everything they had been through. Flutterpetal was the most cheerful and life loving cat in the clan. His spirits was something she enjoyed being around and looked forward to lift hers up after any hard or long day. His love for the simple and natural things in life was unrivaled.

"Fl--flutter? ... I th-think it best you sit down f-first she meowed quietly trying to keep her voice from shaking.

She waited for him to do so finding it so hard to meet his eyes, she was supposed to be his med cat and she had failed him... failed them all to do her job and protect their clan and his friend.

S-something t.-terrible has h-happened
She rested her tail momentarily on his shoulder trying to comfort him but knew there wouldnt be all that much she could do.

"T-there was a f-fox... Daisybreeze s-saved my l-life... b-but her tongue got all tied up in a stuttering mess as she couldnt say anything for a bit.

"I'm s-s..so sorry flutter was all she was able to manage to say after that. Tears formed in her eyes and she squeezed them shut. She felt utterly terrible and responsible for what happened. How was her clan supposed to survive if their medicne cat couldnt even protect them? She felt like an utter and total failure.

Adderdawn was coming over... that was good, Flutter would need his brother now more than ever, they both would need each other.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1861

That was a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was a mistake   That was a mistake EmptySun 8 Jan 2023 - 10:00

A warrior walked up to her in the middle of a mid-day meal after a morning of patrol. The look on the warrior's face did not look good, and as they gently mumured to come quick, the food in her stomach churned and threatened to return. Slowly she stood and followed them. The scent of blood quickly hit her face and somehow, she already knew. One of her children was killed by another fox. As the body came to view, she was confirmed to be right. She knew it. With a cry Coyotegrin shoved passed the warrior who grabbed her and shoved her face into Daisybreeze's fur. No, not again. This couldn't be happening again? Why on StarClan's name did this only happen to her, to her family? It wasn't fair. She must be cursed. Wails echoed off the rocks as the mother sobbed like she had before. Words couldn't even form.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

That was a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was a mistake   That was a mistake EmptyWed 11 Jan 2023 - 22:13

Something was wrong. Very wrong. This behavior was not normal. Flutterpetal found his paws trembling slightly, urging him to run. Normally he only ran for fun, or to chase prey. So why did he feel like he was the prey in this situation? Still, listening to Batsong's words almost without thinking, he dropped slowly to his haunches, barely feeling the ground beneath him as he sat.

Why wouldn't she look at him?

"T-there was a f-fox... Daisybreeze s-saved my l-life... b-but..."

The words fell on nearly-deaf ears. They didn't make sense. Those words in that order couldn't make any sense. There was a fox? Okay, there had been foxes before. Daisybreeze had saved Batsong's life, even after yelling at her in camp before. That was commendable. Maybe she had really been able to forgive the medicine cat, after all. So why was his stomach still sinking? "And then you patched up her wounds, right?" he found himself asking. "She came back too, right? She's just resting somewhere else in camp--right?" He couldn't even hear the desperate tone that crept into his voice. He could hardly hear anything. And yet, the next quiet whisper was something that he could hear perfectly well.

"I'm s-so sorry, Flutter."

No.

"Wh...what do you mean? Sorry about what?" But even as the words left his mouth, he knew. Flutterpetal may have not been the most witty or intelligent cat in the forest, but he was not stupid. Those words coming from a medicine cat, with that expression of guilt and regret, could only mean one thing. Even as he tried to ignore the realization, it came crashing down on him.

She's....

At the same moment, a blood-curdling wail from a few paces away. Coyotegrin. The same sound when Hawkheart's mangled body was found. The same as when a blank-eyed Adderpaw stared at the corpse of his best friend. That sound was no coincidence.

Daisybreeze is...

All he could do was stare in disbelief. He didn't want to turn his head. He stared at Batsong, silently begging her to recant, to go back in time and unsay the fatal words that killed vibrant memories and changed "is" to "was." But just as there was no undoing an action, no words could be unsaid, and no death could be undone. That was a lesson he'd had to learn all too well.

He had to move. Do something. Say something. But what? Ask for more information from the distraught Batsong? Console the grieving Coyotegrin? But he couldn't. His mind was still processing the terrible thought that couldn't quite run its course without his acknowledgement. This was not something that could be ignored.

The stars had come to take something from him again.

Daisybreeze is dead.

The completion of the thought broke something behind his eyes. Flutterpetal turned sharply and stumbled away from Batsong, unable to look at her cringing form any longer. His eyes skipped past the collapsed Coyotegrin and straight to the calico pelt that lay in an unnatural position. There was far more striking red on that pelt than there should be. It was a darker red than the flowers they'd looked at together. Just a few moons ago they'd been on WindClan territory looking at goldenrod and chamomile together. Oh stars she hadn't even died on the territory. It had been here in the middle of nowhere, as far away from home as the deep crimson was against scuffed soft white. The violent color shift was too stark to comprehend. He couldn't even bear to look at her face. There was no point. It wasn't her. She wasn't here anymore. This wasn't her. She was

She was

dead

He wrenched his eyes closed, unable to look any longer. It hurt. Looking was painful. However, he couldn't escape the knowledge that settled deep into his brain like fallen petals trodden underfoot, squished into the dirt and buried under the loamy soil to decompose and become one with the rest of the world. He would know no such relief. He simply had to continue existing while everything was taken from him. His friends, his home. It hurt. Stars, it hurt. Why did it have to be like this? Why did loving hurt so much?

He couldn't even say goodbye to her.

That final thought finally forced the hot tears to leak out of his tightly closed eyes. Even after everything, they'd still been friends. And when was the last time they'd spoken? What was the last thing he'd said to her? He couldn't recall. Such a foolish little thing. Anything he said could be the last thing he said to someone. What was the point in saying anything other than "I love you?" And what was the point in saying that at all if the stars wouldn't listen?

Flutterpetal sat and cried.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That was a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was a mistake   That was a mistake Empty

Back to top Go down

That was a mistake
Page 1 of 1