Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity check is currently underway, so make sure to post ;)
The stars return as the Clans defeat Lichenmask & the Exiles!
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

i have made a serious mistake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff

Characters : Harepaw/Spottedpaw/Dawnkit/Frozenkit
Male
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 7127
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan apprentice/SkyClan apprentice/Exile kit/WindClan kit

PostSubject: i have made a serious mistake   Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am

Spottedpaw's pace slowed greatly as soon as he was deep within SkyClan territory. Every step was agony, and the remains of his ear pulsed hot with pain. Blood stained his cheek and shoulder, still dripping from his torn-up ear. He looked like a mess and he was panting like he'd run to the Moonstone and back. He was still in shock at what had happened. He realized too late that he'd left his prize squirrel behind, but it was unimportant now. All this over an accident. Tinystar would shred his other ear if he knew Spottedpaw had left camp without a warrior and had trespassed onto ThunderClan land. The injured apprentice finally reached camp, unsure how he'd get through it without being seen by too many people. It was sunhigh now; several warriors and apprentices would be out working and training. Hopefully Tinystar decided to take a walk or something...

Spottedpaw slinked into camp, limping heavily and dripping blood on the ground. So much for discreet. He resolved to hurry to the medicine den, and when he finally reached it, he raised his voice in a loud whisper. "Mintwhisker? Amberpaw? Great StarClan, someone please be here!" He gritted his teeth in an attempt to control the pain. His tail lashed in anger and anxiety. "Why am I such a mousebrained idiot?" He hissed more to himself than anyone else.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters

Harepaw || Tom || Apprentice of ThunderClan || #006633
Spottedpaw || Tom || Apprentice of SkyClan || #cc9966
Dawnkit || She-kit || Exile kit || RosyBrown
Frozenkit || She-kit || WindClan kit || DimGray

Back to top Go down
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberpaw | [B]arleytuft | [F]rogpaw | [L]ightstep | [M]ottledspark
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 447
Clan/Rank : [A] SkC MCA | [B] WC YW | [F] SC App | [L] RC NAW | [M] RC NAW

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

Amberpaw was sorting through the collections of herbs in their store for what felt like the millionth time, but she understood why Mintwhisker believed it was important to be organized. Leaf-bare was coming, and they'd need to know exactly what herbs they had so they'd know if they would need alternative treatments for different illnesses. As it grew closer to snowing, the chances of them being able to refill their stocks grew more slim. Most of what they could find had already been damaged by frost.

As she finished pushing herbs back into their assigned places, she heard pawsteps and a soft, desperate mew for help. Immediately Amberpaw sprang to her paws and exited the herb store to see Spottedpaw, a young apprentice, with a tattered ear favoring a paw. Overhearing his mutter, she padded to his side and brushed against his shoulder, supporting his injured side to guide him to a nest, mewing, "What did you do that was so mouse-brained?" She began to examine his ear, cleaning it as gently as she could. Once she knew what had happened, she could decide the proper herbs to treat it.

Click to view character's biography!

Amberpaw
MCA ♦ [35/90]

Barleytuft
Warrior ♦ [60/200]

Frog(paw)
Apprentice ♦ [20/80]

Lightstep
YW ♦ [45/160]

Mottledspark
NAW ♦ [40/120]

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff

Male
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Relief washed over him when Amberpaw appeared. She'd hopefully not snitch on him, but he didn't know for sure. He accepted her support gratefully and sank into the  mossy nest with an exhale of relief. Spottedpaw winced each time she touched his ear but did his best to stay still for her. The question made his pelt heat up, embarrassment washing over him and causing him to glance at his paws. "I-I went out to hunt before dawn this morning... by myself. I just wanted to show the clan I was good enough to be a warrior!" He meowed, trying to justify breaking the rules. "But I made a mistake and... crossed into ThunderClan territory. I fell out of a tree when I sprang for a squirrel--I got it, ya know, I just left it behind--but I hit the ground really hard. My paw's not feeling great." Spottedpaw said sullenly, shifting his injured paw and momentarily forgetting about his ear. Then he felt the sting of her cleaning it again, and his attention shifted again. "But then this huge monster-cat attacked me!" He said, eyes going wide and expression switching to panic as he recalled the details of the encounter. "He was some big freak with giant teeth and like ten claws on each paw! He took my whole ear off, Amberpaw! My whole ear!" The apprentice's voice rose into a near-yowl. He was clearly distressed and also completely wrong; his ear, though torn up pretty badly, was most certainly still on his head and had even dried up so that it wasn't bleeding profusely anymore. Spottedpaw was too lost in the throes of his dramatic story to realize that the fact that he could feel pain in his ear meant it was still attached to his head, and was already mourning the loss.

OOC: aight so he really is exaggerating about his ear x) it's just torn up a bit, obvs not missing. But I'd like it if his left paw was sprained

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Characters : Mintwhisker, Lynxkit, Sharptooth, Stormstrike, Lilypaw, Rowantalon, Sunpaw*, Flowerpetal* Leafstorm*
Female
Sagittarius Rat
Number of posts : 3247
Clan/Rank : Skyclan Newly-Named MC, Thunderclan Kit, Default Rouge, Riverclan YW, Windclan NAW∞ Skyclan Apprentice, Shadowclan Elder

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Mintwhisker's ears were flat against her head as she raced into the den, her mouth stuffed with a bedraggled bundle of what used to be marigold stems. "What happened-?!" She blinked, skidding to a stop as she saw what was actually going on. Spottedpaw was wailing. Even from where she was standing at the front of the den, Mintwhisker could tell that it was nothing too serious, but Spottedpaw made it seem like half his head was missing.
Now that she was certain nobody was in mortal danger, the Medicine Cat took a moment to compose herself, smoothing her pelt before crossing to sit on the other side of the den. Amberpaw had been there to take care of everything. The taupe she-cat shook herself, giving her apprentice an encouraging nod. She'd responded quickly and calmly, just like a Medicine Cat should. "This should be excellent practice for you, Amberpaw." She mewed softly, shooting Spottedpaw a quick disapproving glance. That's what you get for trespassing, mousebrain...

*not actually 69 years old*
Back to top Go down
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberpaw | [B]arleytuft | [F]rogpaw | [L]ightstep | [M]ottledspark
Female
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 am

Amberpaw listened patiently while Spottedpaw explained the situation; while she did agree that he wouldn't have been injured had he not trespassed, she felt no need to scold or judge him for it. He obviously already realized his mistake and he seemed very shaken. She tried to gently still him every time he wiggled, but it didn't bother her. It couldn't be comfortable to have such a raw wound cleaned so thoroughly. During the explanation Mintwhisker arrived, and Amberpaw wondered if her mentor would scold the tom. However, the medicine cat remained silent as Amberpaw worked.

When finally Spottedpaw finished speaking, Amberpaw thought about how to address him. She looked hopefully at Mintwhisker, who purred encouragement, and so she nodded and looked back to Spottedpaw. "We're lucky that you made it back home, then," Amberpaw replied with somewhat exaggerated sympathy after a moment of thought. "And most of your ear seems to have made it, too - his teeth must've just hurt like a badger. I know what will help you, and then we can look at your paw."

The golden tabby she-cat turned away from him and thought, I need to make a poultive. Goldenrod and marigold to stop the bleeding and help it heal. Oak leaf to prevent infection. Cobweb to hold it in place and keep it from bleeding in the meantime. As she thought, she searched through the store, picking a leaf up here and there to pop into her mouth. Finally Amberpaw grabbed a pawful of cobweb an padded back to Spottedpaw, reaching up to gently pat the cobweb onto his wounded ear.

Once the cobwebs were in place, Amberpaw liked the juices into it thoroughly, waiting to hear the usual distinctive sigh of the poultice relieving the pain of the wound. "It might sting for a moment," she warned, "but you dealt with much worse today. It'll feel much better in a moment." Then the she-cat looked at his paw, taking it gently between her forepaws. The joint felt warm, and a little swollen. "Can you put any weight on it at all? Are you able to sheathe and unsheathe your claws?" she asked.

Amberpaw
MCA ♦ [35/90]

Barleytuft
Warrior ♦ [60/200]

Frog(paw)
Apprentice ♦ [20/80]

Lightstep
YW ♦ [45/160]

Mottledspark
NAW ♦ [40/120]

Back to top Go down
Ice

Characters : Cedarfur, Smokepelt, Tinystar, Daisyflame, Slatepaw, Sunpaw
Female
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 4209
Clan/Rank : (C)WC~Elder, (S)WC~SW, (T)SkC~L, (D)SC~W, (Sl)SC~A, (Su)SkC~A

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am

Returning back to camp from a hunting patrol, Tinystar made his way over to the freshkill pile. Today had fortunetly been a successful day of hunting, which was good for SkyClan, seeing as though the colder weather was creeping in. Dropping the two birds that he'd caught onto the pile, a shiver was sent up his spine as a sudden chilly breeze ruffled his pelt. Speaking of colder weather...

Trotting back to his den and passing the medicine den along the way, the abnormally stopped in his tracks as the potent scent of blood reached his nose. No Queens had been expecting kits, to his knowledge, so something was clearly wrong.

Turning back to den, Tinystar didn't bother asking if he could enter and made his way into the dimly lit space. Low and behold was Spottedpaw who looked worse for wear, with Amberpaw leaning over him. Giving Mintwhisker a respectful nod, he stepped forward, observing the apprentice's wounds. No other warrior had come back injured or reported anything to him, so this was clearly Spottedpaw's doing.

"What happened?" the small leader mewed in a plainspoken tone after a moments of standing in silence, curious to hear their explanation.

SkyClan Leader

Character Profiles

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
http://sloughcreek.boards.net/ Online
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff

Male
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   Yesterday at 6:27 pm

Mouth snapping shut as soon as he saw Mintwhisker appear, Spottedpaw stopped whining completely in fear of attracting even more attention. He hadn't really planned on getting that loud, anyway. Although the bleeding from his ear probably smelled strong enough to attract the whole camp; he mentally kicked himself for not waiting for it to dry up before returning to camp. That probably wouldn't have been a very enjoyable wait, though. He could only grin sheepishly at Mintwhisker when she gave him a stern look. It was the only way he knew how to react under scrutiny, but he was really trying his best to brush it all off. He was truly grateful for Amberpaw's teasing yet gentle care. His body released all of the tension he didn't know had built up when the herbs started kicking in, his ear stinging at first but then ebbing away into relief. Spottedpaw sank a little lower into the nest, relaxing more. He answered her questions as she asked them. "Well, I can put weight on it, but it's pretty painful. I was running on it earlier, don't know if it made it any worse." He unsheathed his claws slowly to test out the condition of his paw, wincing a bit as he extended and sheathed them. "Guess I can but I'd rather not if I can avoid it." The spotted tom meowed, finding it painful at worst and uncomfortable at best. The heat radiating from his injury was definitely a new and somewhat concerning sensation.

He'd been quite relaxed up until Tinystar appeared, causing him to jerk in surprise and move his paw in a painful manner. "T-Tinystar!" He mewed aloud, having been quite startled by the exact cat he had hoped not to see. Well, he couldn't lie now considering Amberpaw and probaby Mintwhisker knew what had happened. He sighed in shame, not making eye contact with the leader, and launched back into his story with a much more reserved tone. "I went hunting... alone... because I thought I could impress... you. And maybe you'd see how good I was and make me a warrior." The apprentice only became more ashamed with his pathetic excuses. "I went out in the morning and I climbed some trees and found a squirrel--and I definitely caught the squirrel, I swear it--but I fell out of the tree and... might have landed pretty far into ThunderClan territory. Might have even accidentally crossed the border jumping from tree to tree, I'm not sure on that part." Spottedpaw was still avoiding eye contact, apparently finding the cracks and crevices in the den to be much more interesting. "And a warrior on the other side found me, and took off like my whole ear. He was a weird one, too, really big with these weird fangs and extra toes and claws."

Back to top Go down
sumashira

Female
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   Today at 9:26 am

Focusing hard on her work with Spottedpaw's ear, Amberpaw didn't notice when Tinystar entered. She had just finished examining Spottedpaw's injured foot and leaned back when she heard her leader's voice echo in the den. The medicine cat apprentice winced slightly and gave Spottedpaw a sympathetic look even though she understood why he was likely going to receive rebuke for his actions. Amberpaw still didn't like adding insult to injury, and a shredded ear and twisted paw were pretty good lessons on their own. Still, Tinystar was leader. It was his right to punish another Clanmate's disobedience.

Based on Spottedpaw's answers, Amberpaw suspected the tom had merely twisted or otherwise sprained it. A splint for two or three days and then gentle exercise for the next half-moon would likely be an acceptable treatment. A comfrey root poultice would help the swelling in the joint, too. Well... She thought so, anyways. Hopeful but uncertain, the golden tabby made her way back to the store of herbs and grabbed two sticks, some comfrey root, a few rushes, and a paw full of cobwebs. She padded past Mintwhisker slowly, eyeing her mentor curiously in the hopes that the she-cat would encourage her - or correct her, if she disagreed.

Amberpaw
MCA ♦ [35/90]

Barleytuft
Warrior ♦ [60/200]

Frog(paw)
Apprentice ♦ [20/80]

Lightstep
YW ♦ [45/160]

Mottledspark
NAW ♦ [40/120]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i have made a serious mistake   

Back to top Go down

i have made a serious mistake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: SkyClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: