Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Back Home (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1270

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Sablestrike waded through the mud that made up his territory, sticking close to the tree line that separated the deeper parts of Shadowclan territory from the Thunderpath. While the rest of his clan was safe at Fourtrees, Sablestrike had preferred to check up on their home. With all cats gone from their camps it would be easy for rogues or loners to make a home in the ruined territories of the forest. He wouldn't let that happen of course. No one else seemed inclined to take on the responsibility, not that he had asked, but still. This was a duty that he needed to fulfill as Shadowclan's future leader, and while he was at it he could explore the territory a little bit more. If he was being honest with himself, he doubted that there would be any intruders on Shadowclan's land, especially when there were much dryer territories to squat on.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Back Home (closed) Output12                   Back Home (closed) Output10                          Back Home (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 7:16 pm

((it’s been a while, pls correct me if I do something wrong!))
To most cats, the marshes spelt death- death, decay, and rot, a slow, awful way to go- drowning in thick, reeking mud. To Astraeus, they were prime hunting grounds now, weren’t they? His coat shed mud suspiciously well and his nimble paws were skilled at finding their way around stagnant pools. And with most of the Clans still mostly based at Fourtrees, now was the prime time to investigate, just skirt along the edges of ShadowClan territory.

At least, that was what he had been doing, but such a plump lizard as that- no, he couldn’t turn that down, not when it was just by his paws- and now he found himself a good few fox-lengths over the border. Picking up the lizard, Astraeus turned to leave, hoping the scent trail he’d left only a few fox-lengths into ShadowClan territory would be passed over. The lizard wasn’t exactly for him, after all- it was for his end goal of befriending the Clans. Maybe if he came across some rather violent senior warrior it could be his ticket out of here- except, of course, that these uncouth Clanners didn’t even know what tickets were. But they were powerful, despite the roughness around their edges, and it would be best to befriend them. Hopefully this simple piece of fresh-kill could be the first step towards that goal.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:19 am

Sablestrike's pace quickened as the scent of a lizard and a cat hit him. He hadn't truly thought there would be anyone stupid enough to trespass, but it only gave him a reason to test out his combat capabilities in something other than a spar. If they opposing cat didn't run away, this is. There! The cat and their poached catch came into sight, which only served to infuriate Sablestrike. Shadowclan just couldn't catch a break apparently, and neither could this cat. As silent as could be considering where he was, the young warrior rushed toward the mystery cat, leaping at him with outstretched paws and claws ready to slice through the unfortunate soul.

Sablestrike used Jumping Strike, Dealing 11 HP (7 base, +3 for first attack, +1 for Night Finesse) and Costing 7 SP

Sablestrike:
30/30 HP
73/80 SP (-7)

Astraeus:
24/35 HP (-11)
70/70 SP
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:27 am

The sound of mud sucking at someone else’s paws hit Astraeus’s ears. Without a second thought he sprung away, paws skidding in the mud, smacking someone in the face with his back legs. The silver tabby leapt half-way up a tree, claws sinking into the twisted bark, lizard still in his maw. He quickly tossed it onto the limb and sheathed his paws, trying to show he wasn’t a threat.

“Hold on there!” he called down before the ShadowClanner- a black tom- could react. “I’m not stealing prey- I was going to take it to Fourtrees. There are injured cats there who need it more than I do.”

He leaned over and dropped the lizard, hopefully slowly enough for the ShadowClanner to catch. “Found it on the border, too- had to chase it into your territory, sorry about that. You’re free to take it back.” Would the black tom believe him? Hopefully- or else Astraeus would bolt. Either way, the prey would end up with those who needed it- though he would’ve much preferred it to be him who brought it to the Clanners… he supposed that this black tom would do.

Astraeus used Dodge and Fight, dealing 7 damage and costing 7 stamina. Counterattack was successful!

Sablestrike:
23/30 HP (-7)
73/80 SP

Astraeus:
35/35 HP
63/70 SP (-7)

Last edited by Cocoa on Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:27 am

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back Home (closed) Mistpe10
Back Home (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:55 am

The intruder had heard his approach, which wasn't much of a shock at all. He had begun to move just as Sablestrike was landing, falling short of his target and receiving a kick to the face. "Stars, are you a Skyclanner or something? Why are you climbing trees, get down here!" The warrior shoved a paw into the mud, readying himself to fling a glob at the treebound cat. He paused as the cat began to speak. "As if you had any good intentions. You're still stealing prey from Shadowclan territory no matter how you look at it, I oughta peel your skin from your body for this." He called back, unmistakable malice lacing his voice. Sablestrike watched as the lizard fell to the earth, unwilling to move to catch it. A little mud wouldn't hurt it, and if it did he could always find a puddle or something of the sort to wash it off. No, he had a plan that would require him to stay in his spot. Raising his free paw, the warrior sheathed his claws in an attempt to show that he wasn't going to fight anymore. That of course wasn't true. "Fine, I'll believe you, now get down here. You have some questions to answer, like how do you know about Fourtrees?"

MORE ART!!:

Back Home (closed) Output12                   Back Home (closed) Output10                          Back Home (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 2:04 am

Astraeus withheld a chuckle at the question. Half-SkyClanner, actually, but he wasn’t about to say it. His eyes widened a bit at the black tom’s threat. Goodness, uncivilized any? “Excuse me, but the lizard wasn’t even on ShadowClan territory when I spotted it, and I thought you lot were all at Fourtrees. Just trying to help. I have siblings in the Clans, and I’d prefer if they didn’t starve, if you don’t mind- no one deserves to starve, no matter what way you look at it. I’m going to stay up here, though- understandably, given you just threatened to, and I quote, ‘peel my skin from my body’.” The height wouldn’t pose too much of an obstacle if the black tom really wanted to attack, but it might at least deter him.

“I live around the territories,” he responded with a shrug. “Usually don’t hunt on other cats’ territory, but I thought you all might appreciate the extra prey, given how many wounded you have.” He didn’t look like too experienced of a warrior, this black tom, but appearances could be deceiving. “You can call me Asphodel, if you want.” No matter the truth of the matter, he doubted this tom would have anything good to say- and the name the Garden cats had given him was the perfect alias- one he’d actually remember to answer to.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 2:29 am

Who cared if the lizard wasn't initially on his territory? It had still retreated over the border, and that made it his clan's prey. The trespassing and subsequent catching of that prey still called for the cat to be punished, or at least run off of the territory. It looked like his 'friendly' gesture hadn't worked. That was fine. He would just have to earn this cats trust. "Perhaps you're right, I may have been a bit hasty in attacking you on sight, but if you really do have siblings in other clans then you can understand my perspective on the matter. I see a stranger trespassing on my territory, attempting to take prey from my side of the border. It doesn't really look good, does it Asphodel? Actually, that's a very odd name. It doesn't sound like a kittypet name, and if you were a rouge I assume you would have kept your warrior name. Would I be right to assume that you're a loner? Oh, by the way you can call me Sablestrike. I'm Shadowclan's future leader." Yes, this was good. Lure the cat into a conversation, attempt to make him feel more comfortable, then attack when he finally came down.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 2:37 am

Astraeus nodded at the stranger’s words. “Aye, but it’s a bit of an odd situation at the moment, and I don’t think anyone’s in any sort of shape to turn down willing paws. Yes, I suppose you’d call me a loner, though I fancy myself more of a wanderer- or a drifter.” The Garden term for it was truly perfect. More than likely, the black tom - Sablestrike, he said his name was, but that could’ve just as easily been an alias- had truly cooled down, but Astraeus hadn’t made it this far by trusting the word of every old tom.

“Mmm, you’re the deputy?” he asked in genuine surprise. Shades, he wasn’t putting a paw on the ground until he was long gone if it was so. Deputies weren’t just chosen by battle skill and experience, but it certainly was a trait they all shared. Sablestrike, deputy of ShadowClan- he could discover if the name was an alias easily, now. Aether was still hanging around Fourtrees and likely knew. Astraeus fancied him as more of a Nightpaw- but he was famously uncreative when it came to names.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 2:48 am

"A drifter? That can't be very fun. Sure you'd get to see the sights that the other territories have to offer, but you have no home to go back to at the end of the day, no one to rely on or protect, that just seems like a lonely way to live." No, don't get sucked into the conversation yourself fool! "Ah, deputy? No I'm not deputy yet, but I will be. My mentor was Nightstar, and Starclan ble-" What was he doing? "Ah, this is stupid." With that, Sablestrike's mud enveloped paw flew upward, flinging a healthy glob of mud at the intruder's face. He didn't have time to sit here and chat with the tom, and Asphodel didn't seem to be getting any closer to wanting to come down from his spot. Sablestrike would just have to force him down, even if it meant climbing that tree. He hoped it wouldn't come to that however, and that the mud would assist in the cat's fall.

Sablestrike has resumed his attack, using Mud Slap, Dealing 6 HP (5+1) and Costing 10 SP, and Stunning his opponent for 1 turn

Sablestrike:
23/30 HP
63/80 SP (-10)

Astraeus:
30/35 HP (-5)
63/70 SP

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 3:05 am

“It is to me,” Astraeus responded with a shrug. “Not just the other territories, Sablestrike, but the wilds beyond them. The vast sprawls of Twolegplace, the oasis of calm that is the Distant Garden, the wild fury of the sundrownplace. Places you could never imagine- and I’ve encountered cats that have been yet further, to places where the sands stretch out forever and the sun skims the surface of the sky, places where the Season of Silent Snows never leaves.” He didn’t remark on the second part of the black tom’s remarks. That was the best part of it all, to him- the only one he could truly trust was himself, and the only one he had to rely on was himself. A perfect balance- but he was well aware that few Clanners agreed with him.

Nightstar? ShadowClan’s leader, apparently, or at least he was recently. Sablestrike’s comment didn’t quite warn Astraeus in time, who was watching for muscles bunched to leap, not a faceful of mud. He blinked. Mud. All over his fur. It would come off easy, he knew, courtesy of his mother’s ShadowClan blood, but still. Rude.

The force of the dirty stuff nearly knocked him off the limb, but Astraeus twisted mid-air, landing relatively smoothly on his paws and shaking the mud off his face. “There was really no need for this,” he protested mildly, springing forwards and bringing unsheathed claws down onto the other tom’s shoulders- not hard enough to scar, and staying away from Sablestrike’s face, but hopefully enough to make the other tom realize that, hey, Astraeus knew what he was doing.

Astraeus used Random Recall and Front Paw Strike, dealing 7 damage and costing 12 stamina.

Sablestrike:
16/30 HP (-7)
63/80 SP

Astraeus:
30/35 HP
51/70 SP (-12)

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 6:35 am

A direct hit! Sablestrike watched in satisfaction as Asphodel began to fall, only to be surprised at the loner's mid-air recovery. That had actually been kind of impressive, had he learned that move from his siblings? No need? You're still here aren't you? Sablestrike let out a hiss as the claws dug into his shoulder, drawing blood immediately. "Really, because this seems like it was long overdue!" There was no need to hold back against this loner, any wounds that he would inflict were deserved. Sablestrike lashed out wildly at Asphodel with claws and teeth, aiming to shed as much blood as possible.

Sablestrike used Snap and Desperate blows, Dealing 12 HP (7+1+4) and Costing 14 SP

Sablestrike:
16/30 HP
49/80 SP (-14)

Astraeus:
18/35 HP (-12)
51/70 SP

Last edited by Romantica on Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 7:34 am

Astraeus winced, flinching back as the warrior’s claws and teeth connected solidly with his pelt. It didn’t feel like anything would scar (thank the stars for his short yet thick pelt) but the wounds stung like fire. He was lucky that the Clans didn’t teach their warriors how to kill other cats- lucky that this black tom didn’t immediately go for the throat. It was time to be done with this, before Sablestrike’s claws dug too deep into his pelt, or, stars forbid, his face.

Even as Sablestrike’s claws flashed towards his pelt once more, Astraeus was on the move, feinting towards the black tom’s right before swerving and sinking both claws and teeth into the same shoulder he’d targeted earlier, more sharply this time. A warning, hopefully, that if the black tom didn’t back down there would be more serious consequences to face.

“You only met me a few minutes ago, this is hardly ‘long overdue’,” Astraeus pointed out with a huff, finally pulling back to lick at the wound on his shoulder, still keeping an eye on Sablestrike. It wasn’t as bad as he’d feared, but not exactly a superficial scratch either. “I’ll leave now, if you won’t pursue me, and you can head back to Fourtrees and tell Nightstar, or whoever your leader is now, that you chased off a loner who was trying to help, and that you’re lucky I’m the forgiving type.” Yet not the forgetting type- but Sablestrike didn’t exactly need to know that. He rather thought it would damper the mood.

Astraeus used Front Paw Strike and Dirty Trick, dealing 12 damage and costing 14 stamina.

Sablestrike:
4/30 HP (-12)
49/80 SP

Astraeus:
18/35 HP
37/70 SP (-14)
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 8:28 am

Sablestrike tried following the loner's movements, but he was a little too quick, getting in a free attack. A yowl followed as the loner's teeth met the wound on his shoulder. This cat was far better in a fight than Sablestrike had expected, but he didn't spend his apprenticeship training against warriors for nothing. "Please, I had to sit through your long, boring story about the 'Distant Garden' and all that, it dragged on way too long." Sablestrike stared on as the tom continued his little speech. Ha! This one doesn't know who he's dealing with, as if I would just leave. I might have to give him something to remember me by. With a burst of speed, Sablestrike leapt from the mud and towards Asphodel with his claws outstretched once more. Learning how to fight by copying his opponent's moves, that was how he had done it with the warriors in his clan, and that's how he would do it here. A straightforward attack could easily be parried, but what if it wasn't straightforward? Sablestrike's leap fell short of the loner, just as planned. He lashed his paw out toward the cats face, but before he could even get close, Sablestrike ducked to the side and hopped the short distance to Asphodel's back. The black tom bit down on the loner's tail, yanking as hard as he could.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 8:53 am

“You could’ve just left,” Astraeus pointed out in annoyance. The black tom surged forwards- but unlike his earlier ploy with the mud, Astraeus was expecting it this time. The sudden pain shooting through his tail was infuriating, but nothing he couldn’t deal with- he rolled to the ground with an annoyed hiss, dragging his fur through the mud and hopefully kicking Sablestrike a few times in the process.

“Since you’re apparently too rock-skulled to do so, I’ll go,” he mewed once he’d finally gotten the tom off his tail (quite literally) and shot to his paws, preparing to bolt- but not before he swerved to the side, picking up the lizard and tossing it at the black tom. “If that’s all the thanks I get,” he muttered under his breath. Usually he’d try to win over the tom- but Sablestrike had worn through his patience, and having his tail yanked hadn’t improved Astraeus’ opinion of the tom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back Home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Home (closed)   Back Home (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Back Home (closed)
Page 1 of 1