Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Ending

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

The Ending Empty
PostSubject: The Ending   The Ending EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:12 pm

Sprucebark was assigned early patrol.  He was a very orderly and timely. So at the crack of dawn he was ready to go with his patrolmates... who were still asleep?? ughh... causing delay they were gonna make them all late.  He quietly awoke the other warriors and sighed as they slowly got ready. He was even more in a rush now that they would be late, he wanted to have time in his busy day to have time to go visit his mum in the med den.

He tapped his paw impatiently on the forest floor waiting just outside the camp exit for the other warriors to finally get their tails in gear so they could go... ughhhh everyone always so late, was it really so hard to be on time?

When they finally got there it felt like they could have been halfway through the patrol by now if they had started on time.  A bit annoyed he led the way to the territory borders.  They finally finished marking the borders and making sure that no one had crossed over to their side.  Sprucebark kept looking at the sun creeping higher and higher into the sky.  At sunhigh he was signed up for hunting patrol.  If he hurried he could still get back and spend some time with his mum before then.  He had felt so terrible that she had gotten so sick from overworking and overstressing herself and he wanted to be there for her but warrior life was keeping him very tied down.

His ears flicked when one of his patrols let out a hiss of pain.  He whiped around nervous that something attacked, the predators were really a problem and that is what his mind first went to.

However, as it turned out, his patrolmate had stepped on a sharp shard of glass that had been busted and laying on the ground cutting her paw pad deeply.  He sympathetically helped her best he could by letting her lean on him as they hobbled her back towards camp.  The sun was getting higher and higher and although he knew that going slowly now was the right thing to do for his injured clanmate he groaned internally knowing now there would be so little time before he would be called up for his next patrol.

The patrol finally got back to camp and he and another unhurt warrior helped their companion to go see sandy and dove in the med den.

Once she was taken care of, he rushed over to the warrior den, spotting Poppyshine he purred softly and smiled going to her.

"mum!  he purred softly nuzzling gently into her shoulder. "Are you feeling better? he asked

He felt so bad that he hadnt been around more to try and comfort her after her faint but the busy schedule he had was very tight on time.

"I was so scared I lost you" he meowed quietly as he settled in next to her brushing against her comfortingly.

He leaned against her gently so happy that she was okay and still here.

Pawsteps approached from outside and a warrior poked his head in "Sprucebark!? of all the warriors to be late you were not who I expected come on everyone is waiting for you on our hunting patro--" the warriors voice cut off seeing poppyshine here too as he stood there akwardly realizing he probably interrupted ...

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

The Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ending   The Ending EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 7:27 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine often went back and forth between the warrior’s den and the medicine den. Dovesight liked having her close to keep an eye on, but she was getting better, and so she often tried to spend time outside of the medicine den in the hopes that the fresh air would help. After all, she wasn’t sick with anything contagious.

The sound of her son’s voice roused her from her half-dozing state. She smiled up at him and nuzzled against him when he got close. She was still weak and spent a lot of the day sleeping, so she looked very tired to Sprucebark now. But despite her fatigue, Poppyshine still smiled and looked happy to see Sprucebark visiting her. In a soft voice, she purred, “Hi sweetheart…”

She nuzzled Sprucebark and waved her tail towards the warrior who poked in. It was alright if Sprucebark was a little late; she missed speaking with her son. “I’m sorry that I scared you. Dovesight and Sandypaw are making sure that I am being taken care of. You don’t have to worry about me.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

The Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ending   The Ending EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 10:07 pm

His mum still looked so tired and exhausted. He settled in close to her purring a little but even with her reassurance of being alright he couldnt hide his worried look seeing Poppyshine in this weakened state. "We worry about you because we care about you he said quietly.

Thinking about things, he was so glad that she was okay of course. However, in some ways, a silver lining of the dark cloud of it all was that everyone saw how much they all cared for Poppyshine and how devastated they would be if she were gone it made him appreciate the times he had with her and realize that maybe it was okay to slow down at times and focus on what actually mattered.

He realized he was so relived when Poppyshine waved the other warrior away, thankful that he could relax for once and spend time with his family. The other warrior nodded and left quickly, they would find someone to take Spruce's place for this patrol knowing that Spruce probably needed some time with.

"Auntie Dove and Sandypaw are a really good team. he agreed knowing that she was in good care with those two.

Sprucebark had always been very open especially to Poppyshine, he told her pretty much everything about his days and how he felt of things and how he was feeling and was just all in all very open about such things. He never really hesitated to tell her anything. Until now...
"Erm uhh he started shifting on his paws a little nervous.

He didnt really know how to say it or how she would even react to it. He felt his ears go hot with nervous energy and for some reason a tad bit of fear. He knew that the fear was misplaced, she would love him no matter what right? He knew he was overthinking this but even knowing that it was hard to combat the fear of if things changed once he told her.

Still it was there, the fear, he had never felt this way before and it felt so foreign.

"Mum?" he said in a voice that was on the verge of cracking. "How did you know Rush was right for you?" he asked quietly.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes "because... I think I love someone now too and... I dont know how to tell him that or if I should. The words were off his chest now but they still felt heavy in the air. He was scared to open his eyes again but he didnt know why. Poppyshine had done nothing but to always be there for him loving and supporting him all the time like the best mother she was. But right now he felt like a shivering kit with not a clue of what to do or what was right.

(For some reason this was a difficult post to write so sorry if it doesnt read well I tried to revise it several times but never got the flow to really work it just never flowed well idk. I tried)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

The Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ending   The Ending EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 5:09 pm

Poppyshine

Rushtalon…The thought of him opened the gates for fresh grief. Poppyshine closed her eyes to try and stall the onslaught of tears that burned against her eyes. Her dreams had been filled with all those she had lost, including Rushtalon, and the dreams always left her heart aching. No matter how many dreams or memories her mind may give her, it was simply not the same as actually being there with them. They were gone, out of her life, and reliving the past will always be tinged with the aching feelings of the present. She missed Rushtalon so much…But even through the fog of nostalgia for the past, Poppyshine knew that the answer to Sprucebark’s question was a complicated one.

“I’m not sure I ever felt that way,” she murmured. “I loved your father so much, but it is not as though I ached over the concept of being in love with him…The love was as sudden and natural as breathing. Your father disappeared shortly after I became pregnant with his kits, and so we never…talked it over. I assume that he felt the same for me as I did him, and that was all I needed. Nothing about being ‘right’ for one another, or being perfect…we were just close friends, and then…more.”

Poppyshine gave Sprucebark a smile. “However, all of that aside…I don’t think you can wait until you’re sure someone is ‘the one’. If you have feelings for someone, you should tell him. The worst thing that can happen is he doesn’t feel the same way, but the best thing that can happen is that he does, and you have a mate.” She purred, smiling wider at the thought of her son truly falling in love. “Follow your heart, sweetheart. Tell him how you feel. And then I’ll want to hear about how it goes.”

She reached a paw over to put hers on Sprucebark’s. He was nervous and frightened, though Poppyshine could not identify why. Regardless of why, she would always love her son and be there to support him. She wanted him happy, and so while she did not know the identity of this mysterious love interest, she hoped that he would love Sprucebark back.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

The Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ending   The Ending EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Sprucebark was able to relax a little more now knowing she was probably right, he hoped that one day maybe Rush would come home, for poppy ... and so he could maybe meet his dad one day.

He knew it was hard for mum to talk about him but her advise was helpful and needed. He scooted closer giving her a small hug/nuzzle. "Thanks mum.. he purred quietly.

"I promise Ill always be around no matter what! he purred very confiently.

He had no clue just how wrong he was. That in a couple days he would be washed away down the river after the earth moved and would be lost and seperated for her for a very very long time. But for now everything was right in the world. He rested his head down next to hers and allowed himself to rest and relax finally.

"Its Frostclaw by the way" he said with a little yawn. "the one I like. It was easy enough to see why, the pair made an excellent team on patrols and Frostclaw was also very orderly and structured similar to himself. They got along really well and Sprucebark got a happy warm fuzzy feeling when Poppyshine told him to go for it, who knows.. maybe Frost and him could be mates, that would make him so happy.

Daydreaming he slowly fell asleep into a nice afternoon nap. It was one of the last times he would get to see Poppyshine for a long while

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ending   The Ending Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ending
Page 1 of 1