Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 8:16

Fawnshine

Another day, another apprentice to lead to the Moonstone before they could complete their training in full. Though, of course, it wasn't every day she was to lead an apprentice there. That would be an incredibly overpopulated clan — both troublesome and somewhat positive. Though she supposed it would be more of the troublesome side. Shaking her thoughts from her head, she would take the herb bundle prepared for Briarpaw.

The diluted tortoiseshell's head peered into the apprentices' den in search for the young she-cat. "Briarpaw, it's time we head for your Moonstone journey." She softly spoke, her voice kept in a mannered tone just in case she were to accidentally awake someone. Setting the bundle to Briarpaw's paws, she backed away, waiting for her to finish the prepared herbs. "We'll go once you're ready."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 10:37

Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey 1f339【Briarpaw】Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey 1f339

Gentle, green eyes fluttered open at the sound of Fawnshine's voice. "Time?" she whispered as she sat up groggily in her nest. She forced herself to awaken fully. She offered a polite nod and a quiet "Good morning" before she began to consume the carefully prepared herb bundle.

Briarpaw was quite excited about her trip to the Moonstone, just like every other apprentice before her. It was a time to reflect and improve with the guidance of one of their ancestors. She wondered who she'd have the honor of speaking with. Despite her excitement, she was still a little hesitant. It wasn't about anything in particular. She was just a bit shy and worried about if her conversation with the Starclan cat would go smoothly—nothing wrong with that, really. She felt better knowing that it was a natural way to feel before taking the trip.

It hadn't been the most enjoyable experience but she managed to eat every last bitter herb. She shook off her fur and gave herself a quick groom before padding over to where the medicine cat was waiting. "Fawnshine? I have finished. We can go now," she said as she stretched out her limbs. It was going to be a longer walk than the usual patrol so she needed to loosen up her joints if she didn't want to be extra sore later.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 9 Sep 2022 - 19:57

Fawnshine

"The herbs will help lessen the exhaustion of the long walk," Fawnshine briefly spoke, nodding as they both were ready to go. "Let us go, then." Walking out of their camp's entrance, the medicine cat led Briarpaw through the territory of ThunderClan, the crisp rustling leaves and trees occasionally wavering in and out of their ears. From a distance, she could spot a critter or two feasting on their diets. Prey. And the thought of her own life being so complex, she wondered if any other was just the same.

They soon made their way through the canopy of trees, the Thunderpath revealing itself next to ThunderClan's borders. "Be careful." She reminded the apprentice. Though surely, she knew so on her own. Leaving the silence and soft patters of their paw steps to continue their journey, she would break the silence. "Are you looking for anything specific to ask StarClan, Briarpaw?"

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 10 Sep 2022 - 6:50

The young cat nodded her head and followed diligently behind the medicine cat. She was secretly excited to travel past the clan's territory. It would be like a breath of fresh air seeing the new sights. She wondered if Fawnshine ever got tired of leading trips to the Moonstone? After a while, one could only assume that things got repetitive. Do all those trips blur together after a certain number? Would this one be no exception?

The walk to the Thunderpath border was quite familiar to her—she'd been on a few patrols that surveyed said area. However, she'd never tried to cross the bitter-smelling strip of dark ground. They'd be forced to if they wanted to make it to their destination. She glanced at Fawnshine and then at the Thunderpath. She gave a firm bob of her head then followed the older she-cat's lead cautiously.

She brushed away the thoughts that had wanted to overtake her mind when Fawnshine spoke up. She tilted her head and faintly wrinkled her nose—it was a delicate tic that only showed its presence when she thought hard about something. Was she looking for something specific? Did she even have anything to gain advice for? Was she required to have something in mind? The apprentice pursed her mouth and furrowed her brow. She didn't think any of this through beforehand. It must've slipped her mind with all that had been going on.

She lifted her head and tilted it toward the medicine cat's direction. "Honestly, I have no specific inquiries for Starclan. I had not given it much thought before now. It had slipped my mind," she paused for a moment then spoke again, "However, now that it is fresh in my mind, I am quite interested in knowing how good of an apprentice they think me as. I know that I have grown over the past moons—my newfound skills and sharper senses are proof of that. However, sometimes, I feel like I fall short. I see my family getting injured or ill and I start to think of ways I could have helped better to prevent such misfortunes from befalling my family. I know that overthinking like this does not lead to anything good. I just cannot help it. I just need to know how much more I need to improve to be enough."

She relaxed her tense shoulders and took in a deep breath. "I- Forgive me, Fawnshine, for my ramblings. I... I had a lot on my mind lately. Plenty of new worries stress me and I need to take time to sort them out. Perhaps whoever I have the pleasure of speaking to in Starclan will guide me in the right direction."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 23:04

Fawnshine

Fawnshine shook her head. "It's good to let things off your chest. Don't worry, Briarpaw." She smiled softly. Despite the fact she just said so, the advice didn't particularly apply to her own. What would they think of her, knowing she wasn't the mature and kind mask she put up to be? She certainly questioned what StarClan thought of her. But it didn't matter, anyway. Not as if they had judgment available for her throughout her apprenticehood, other than current non-related prophecies.

"At the end, how you see yourself doesn't depend on the stars, nor does it have to do with StarClan. It's up for you to decide your worth. And I believe you'll figure it out, eventually," She blinked slowly. "It doesn't have to be now. Just keep working hard to achieve better things — though do note to be careful. It can lead to burnouts. You're still in your apprenticeship... So enjoy it while it lasts, Briarpaw."

"StarClan will give you worthy advice, I'm sure."

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 28 Sep 2022 - 5:45

A pensive expression was clear on her face—her traitorous ears had angled themselves toward the medicine cat without her realizing. "At the end, how you see yourself doesn't depend on the stars, nor does it have to do with StarClan. It's up for you to decide your worth. And I believe you'll figure it out, eventually." It will be difficult for her to set aside her insecurities and self-critical demeanor but she was willing to give herself the chance. Fawnshine was right. She couldn't get held up in fretting over what her ancestors thought of her and her current path in life. That didn't mean she would disregard their advice or disrespect their viewpoints. She would take it all into consideration and make the best choice to benefit herself.

She needed to step back and reevaluate all that she thought of herself and what made her so anxious in the first place. She needed to improve on her own terms. She was putting all these expectations upon her own shoulders and they were getting too hard to carry. She was essentially sabotaging herself and that needed to change... but where to start?

Surprising herself she offered the older cat a clear smile. "I will keep all this in mind. You... You have alleviated some of my more prominent worries. I- Thank you, Fawnshine. I greatly appreciate it and everything else that you do for us."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 29 Sep 2022 - 5:22

Fawnshine

The medicine cat gave a curt purr in reply, pleased to see the evident smile on Briarpaw's face. Judging from her exterior, she didn't seem to always be the most joyous cat — still, the medicine cat had made such an apprentice smile. "You're welcome, Briarpaw." And as their conversation ended, the atmosphere fell quiet once more, careful steps stained in her mind as she led the she-cat to Highstones.

As they safely made their way across the Thunderpath, she would pause briefly, a few words of advice before they entered the unlit cave. "Follow me by my scent, or keep track of the tip of my tail closely. It'll be dark in there until we reach the Moonstone." With that said, she entered the cave, darkness swallowing them whole as they ventured in. Eventually, a bright source of light — the Moonstone lit their paths, and she gestured for Briarpaw to get near the rock. "Press your nose to the stone, and StarClan will do the rest. I hope your inquiries will be answered. When you wake, I'll be here to guide you back."

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 29 Sep 2022 - 21:12

Briarpaw diligently followed behind the medicine cat, sage-colored eyes cataloguing the path they were taking with guarded interest. After their exchange, they had fallen into a comfortable silence, content with just walking to their destination.

Highstones was just up ahead and Briarpaw felt a rush of anticipation mixed with a hint of nervousness. She stopped when the older molly stopped and took in her advice. She nodded in understanding and kept a closer distance between them as they stepped into the tunnel. She certainly didn't want to trip or get lost.

Blinking her eyes to adjust to the sudden light, the apprentice took in the sight of the mystical Moonstone. Her eyes widened for a fraction before she turned her head to give the other her attention. After being instructed on what to do, the tortie faced the stone again and proceeded to close the gap between it and herself. She settled down at the base and eyed the illuminated stone. She hesitantly pressed her nose to it, refraining from jolting back due to the unexpected cold. She sighed and closed her eyes. This was it. Hopefully, all went well.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 1 Oct 2022 - 12:58

A small black warrior greeted Briarpaw when her eyes opened once again, tail curled loosely around her side. "So... You want, what, a performance review? Seriously?" Brilliant green eyes shone with curiosity and mischief alike, head tilted to the side as she posed her question. "No, you can't be serious. There's no way."

The warrior blinked, as if realizing something. "Right. My name's Batbite- I was a warrior of ThunderClan some seasons past, and once upon a time I even served as deputy. That's the sort of thing you'd want to know, isn't it? To know that I am uniquely qualified to judge you, or whatever. Except... I'm not. The only cat who can actually judge what you're worth is yourself, you know. And you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! I mean, for StarClan's sake-"

Batbite stopped short for a moment, thinking over her words, before pushing on like she hadn't paused at all. "Look, if you ask me- and in a sense, you are- what you need is to slow down. You're just an apprentice, let yourself have fun. Stick weird bugs in your friends' nests or something! ...Or your leader, that one's really fun." She tilted her head again. "Maybe not your leader, actually, if you don't think you can get away with it. Definitely your friends, though. Anyway, the point is- if you just go and go and go, you can't keep moving forever. I mean, eventually you'll run out of energy and you'll just collapse. And if you do that enough, one day it'll happen and you won't be able to get back up again. You need to step back and take it easy once in a while- just let yourself enjoy life."

She sighed, her fast-paced and playful demeanor softening for just a moment before returning to normal. "I know what I said, but- you are enough, Briarpaw. You never need to be perfect, you just need to be you. That will always be enough."

Recalling her own experiences, she purred as an idea occurred to her.

"Follow me- I want to show you something!"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Briarpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1