Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

safe and sound [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 12:30

Yarrowpaw
Yarrowpaw ran as fast as his crooked legs would take him to the medicine den, odd eyes wild. He had been waiting for this day for what felt like forever now— Woolypaw and Sandykit were awake! They were awake and alright and not dead! Yarrowpaw had been putting off his warrior ceremony himself now, refusing to earn his name without Woolypaw by his side. And Perchstar had looked at him, sad and worried, and had tried to explain to him that Woolypaw might not be there to see his ceremony anyway. Yarrowpaw had simply not listened to her, refused to. He knew Woolypaw would be okay. He couldn’t possibly be anything than alright.

The apprentice came to a screeching halt at the mouth of the medicine den, nearly bowling over himself in the rush to stop. He knew his friends wouldn’t look their best, of course, but nothing could have prepared him for this; Woolypaw’s scarred body, missing eye. Sandykit looked so small for such large scratches.

No cat had the guts to tell Yarrowpaw either of their conditions. Part of him was glad they didn’t.

Tears streaming down his face, ears folding down on his head, Yarrowpaw took a tentative step forward. W-Woolypaw? Sandykit?”

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 13:55

Woolypaw lay on his soft nest in the medicine den, tail curled around Sandykit and head resting on his front paws. Today was the first day he was, as far as he could tell, fully conscious. He'd seen and heard bits and pieces, of course. Poppyshine's doting over a sleeping Sandykit, Perchstar checking their status, Dovesight pressing herbs into the scabbed-over area where his eye once was... But he'd woken up this morning with a clear head, something he couldn't say for any other day since the attack. He looked around the den. There were so many herbs, half of which he couldn't even name. He wagered he could recognise every bird in the forest, but he'd never stopped and learned about plants like he had animals. Maybe he'd ask Dovesight about them later. He yawned and noticed that Sandykit was moving. Was she awake too? He turned to look with a hopeful gleam in his eye.

She was! Her eyes opened and Woolypaw greeted her to the land of the living with a smile. "Good morning, Sandykit. How is your belly? Dovesight's bandaged it well." He said softly. The terrifying idea that Sandykit might blame him- and rightfully so- for the incident gnawed at his brain. What if she wanted nothing to do with him? He'd ruined her formative moons. It was his fault, just like Yarrowpaw's leg. A part of him wanted to cry, but he shoved the idea aside and held Sandykit's gaze for a moment.

He was interrupted, however, by a familiar patter of paws and a small voice that made his heart flutter despite everything. He turned his head to meet Yarrowpaw's frightened gaze. He almost couldn't believe it- he hadn't seen his best friend in what seemed like so long. He tried to get up to greet him, but ended up falling back into a heap from his underused muscles and aching sides. "Yarrowpaw," he half-whispered, "it's good to see you. Hah, get it?" Hey, he wasn't getting his eye back, might as well joke about it.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 14:19

Sandykit
Medicine Den

She had slept soundly almost the entire time,
only drifting awake once or twice when no one was around. Today though, when she blinked open her leafy eyes, she didn’t feel drowsy. She was greeted by none other than Woolypaw, who was curled around her. "Hi Woolypaw," she yawned happily, pleased to see him. "My belly?" she mumbled, rolling over to inspect said stomach. Her eyes widened at the bandages, and the null pain underneath. "Oh. Well-" she began, interrupted by someone storming in.

An apprentice, who seemed to know Woolypaw. His name was Yarrowpaw. Sandykit looked back and forth between the two, before taking a double look at Woolypaw. "Your eye is gone?!" she gasped before finding the memory of it being gashed out by talons. Guilt jabbed her stomach. Was that my fault? For getting caught by the predator? He got hurt protecting me? Oh scales...

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] EmptyTue 2 Aug 2022 - 15:39

Yarrowpaw
Yarrowpaw squawked worriedly as Woolypaw fell over, rushing to the stout tom's side to help him stand. ”Don’t joke about things like that! You could’ve died, Woolypaw! And then what would I do without you!?” Yarrowpaw knew he wasn’t very intimidating, no matter how much he scolded or raised his voice, but he hoped the desperation in his tone was enough to get to his hard-headed best friend. Even when he tried the hardest, Yarrowpaw still couldn’t imagine a future in which he wasn’t by Woolypaw’s side.

Sandykit was awake too, it seemed from her fearful squeaks about Woolypaw’s eye— Yarrowpaw was familiar with her as Poppyshine’s kit, but wasn’t sure if Sandypaw knew him. He supposed now was a better time for introduction than ever. ”Hi Sandykit! I’m Yarrowpaw— though I think you already knew that— and I’m Woolypaw’s best friend, and I was really worried about both of you! I’m glad you’re both alright. How’s your belly? Does it still hurt? Is it gonna scar? Wait— Woolypaw, is your eye going to scar over too? It’ll look so cool! I mean— it’s not cool that you lost it, of course. You’ll just look like a cool warrior..”

Oh scales, will Yarrowpaw ever stop blabbering? Even he was getting annoyed by the habit.

The lanky tom sighed heavily, tottering over towards Sandykit and sitting beside her. He motioned towards Woolypaw to join them— he wanted to talk. About everything.

”I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am that you’re both okay. No one ever told me what happened, at least no more than I could make out myself.”

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 14:52

Woolypaw snorted at Yarrowpaw's squawk, but his expression softened when his friend rusjed to his side to help him up. He braced himself against Yarrowpaw's shoulder, heaving himself to his feet. "I know, I know. I'd miss you in StarClan, you big bonehead." he murmured, shuffling in front of him and pressing his forehead to Yarrowpaw's briefly. The taller tom's agonised tone sombered Woolypaw's mood somewhat. Yarrowpaw was right, he'd almost gotten himself killed and left so many friends behind. He sat back down a little closer to Sandykit, soon sliding into a laying position as his sides began to hurt. He chuckled at Sandykit's incredulous squeak, nodding. "Yeah, he got my eye. I reckon he was a lot worse off, though." He recalled Poppyshine delivering the killing blow, though the specifics of it were lost on him. The whole thing was a bit of a haze. He watched with some amusement as Yarrowpaw spoke animatedly to Sandykit. The tom had a rather endearing habit of hopping from topic to topic, so Woolypaw wasn't at all surprised when the conversarion jumped to him. "Dovesight said it would, the scratches were quite deep." He purred with laughter at Yarrowpaw's continued rambling. "Thank you! Ha, at least we match, right?" He gestured towards the larger cat's front leg, scarred and twisted from the fox attack.

His laughter died out and his expression grew more serious as the tone shifted. Yarrowpaw's ramblimg was over, replaced by a soft admission that he was glad they were okay. Woolypaw smiled gently. "I'm glad we survived. I was worried I'd never see you again. And Sandykit- oh stars, if something had happened to you..." He trailed off, unsure what to say. He'd never had to... Express things like this.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 21:14

Sandykit
Medicine Den

Woolypaw only laughed, continuing to tease Yarrowpaw further.
Oh. Maybe it’s not so bad then, she tried to believe, flipping over to politely sit for the guest. First impressions were important. But suddenly Yarrowpaw was spilling more words at Sandykit than she was ready for, not after such a long nap. Luckily Woolypaw seemed to be able to answer for her, but also causing her to peer down at her belly again. Scars? Oh no.. is Mama going to be mad?

When Yarrowpaw sat beside her, she finally noticed the scarring on his forearm. Her eyes widened, wondering how he got them. Before she could ask him Woolypaw was talking again, saying he was worried he'd never see Yarrowpaw again. Never was a super long time. Guilt bubbled in her stomach again. Oh Starclan he might have died! And never see his best friend again! Sandykit glanced between the two. Or.. more than best friend? She wasn’t sure. But it clearly would have been devastating. All because she got caught.

Her lip began to tremble, souring into a massive, anxiety-ridden frown. It’s my fault isn’t it? I messed up big time. The kitten to dug her head into Woolypaw’s chest, "I’m so sorry," she cried, muffled, "I didn’t mean to get you in trouble, but it's my fault!"

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 15:02

Yarrowpaw
Yarrowpaw bristled, immediately moving to ease Sandykit’s crying. Despite being a tom, Yarrowpaw loved kits and loved taking care of them— and Sandykit, poor Sandykit, needed some tender care. Most times, he would be afraid of being teased for being too soft, but right now… ”Oh, Sandykit, it isn’t your fault! Don’t apologize! No cat could have predicted what had happened. You’re the bravest little kit I know, okay?”

The tom rested his furry chin on Sandykit’s head, careful not to use too much pressure. ”I understand, though. Feeling like it’s your fault. A couple moons ago, me and Woolypaw went out to hunt and play around at dawn, without our mentors. We both knew it wasn’t a good idea, but we did it anyway. We.. we got attacked by a fox.” Yarrowpaw gulped, scenes of its piercing eyes and bloodied teeth flashing in his memories. ”If Perchstar hadn’t found us, we would both be long dead. I— we both got hurt really bad. My leg won’t ever be the same, I don’t think, though it’s getting stronger every day. Woolypaw— sometimes I feel like it’s my fault the attack happened, because I let Woolypaw leave camp. It could’ve been worse, I guess, if I hadn’t been there with him, but still…” Yarrowpaw’s mismatched gaze landed on the fading scars that decorated Woolypaw’s neck and back. Would he have died, if Yarrowpaw had left him to leave alone? His leg would be back to how it once was. But if Yarrowpaw had fought just that much harder…

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

safe and sound [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: safe and sound [c]   safe and sound [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

safe and sound [c]
Page 1 of 1