Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Storms a' Brewing [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

The Storms a' Brewing [c] Empty
PostSubject: The Storms a' Brewing [c]   The Storms a' Brewing [c] EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 13:02

Mottlerose found herself busier and busier with the various duties that came with helping lead the clan. She had gotten a good sense for it all while Minnowfin was simply deputy, but actually being the one to have to do it all? It was an entirely different game. Not to mention, it seemed her mate had been under the weather the last few days, meaning she stepped up to the plate in leading in a much stronger capacity. The tortoiseshell found her way around the camp, and she had sent thanks to the warriors who had been helping with her apprentice, Stormpaw.

Speaking of the young cat, she peeked her head into the apprentice's den, searching for her young pupil. "Stormpaw? If you're here, come meet me at the entrance of camp for battle training." She called. Motherhood, mentorship, and leadership had meant she got better by the day at calling for a specific cat without disturbing the others too harshly. It was bright and early, after all.

The deputy thought back to her own apprenticeship, under Stoatstar, and even learning from Minnowfin. It all seemed so long ago that she herself was just learning what it meant to serve and protect her clan. It brought a smile to her maw as she took her spot by the entrance of camp, waiting for him to appear.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: The Storms a' Brewing [c]   The Storms a' Brewing [c] EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 16:12

He had been sleeping so soundly that their ancestors might have walked down from the heavens themselves and he might not have stirred, snuggled up into the thick of his freshly gathered moss bed. Stormpaw might have never thought he'd want to leave, right up until he heard his mentor's voice calling -- and specifically the words battle training. His ears perked up and the tom sprung up onto his feet, shaking the sleep from his head. "Coming Mottlerose!"

He nearly stumbled out of the den in his excitement, rushing over to the she-cat's side and looking up at her brightly. "What are we going to learn first? Where are we going? Am I gonna learn how to scare off those fox-tongues in SkyClan?"

The Storms a' Brewing [c] PDt1Qqd The Storms a' Brewing [c] Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Storms a' Brewing [c]   The Storms a' Brewing [c] EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 16:27

It was nigh-on impossible to hide the smile that spread across her maw at seeing the pure excitement radiating from the tom. His colorful pelt certainly matched his personality - vibrant, full of life, and certainly excited. Mottlerose actually enjoyed it. Being surrounded by tasks that always just simply seemed draining and daunting certainly zapped her energy sometimes, but she found herself rejuvinated by his presence and his spirit. The deputy stood, chuckling as she signaled for her apprentice to follow her through the entrance of camp.

"Hopefully we won't have to fight SkyClan, or RiverClan, or anybody. But if the time comes that you'll have to fight... yes. I'm going to make sure you're prepared." She answered, her tail high with amusement, but also just... joy. The motherly part of her was out in full-force, and it only made her happy to be around apprentices again. "We're going out into the heart of ThunderClan territory for right now. Tell me, do you know what makes ThunderClan unique from the others when we fight?" She didn't expect the tom to know the answer, but she'd seen him out and about with some of his Clanmates. She wouldn't entirely dismiss the idea he'd picked up a thing or two from them.

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Storms a' Brewing [c]   The Storms a' Brewing [c] EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 22:25

StarClan, help him, his first question... He didn't want to let Mottlerose down. The tom frowned in thought as they walked, blue eyes peering open to see his mentor and the path ahead now and again. "RiverClan fight in the water. SkyClan fight in the trees. We're good at... running... on... the ground? But like, not like WindClan does -"

The Storms a' Brewing [c] PDt1Qqd The Storms a' Brewing [c] Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Storms a' Brewing [c]   The Storms a' Brewing [c] EmptyTue 5 Jul 2022 - 5:46

Mottlerose chuckled as she saw just how hard her apprentice was trying to answer her question. Now that they were at a small clearing in the trees, she gave a solid nod and sat down. "Good job! Yes, Riverclan can fight in the water, and Skyclan fights in the trees. Windclan is known for their speed and running, yes. Shadowclan are known for being able to fight at night, and in muddy terrain." She informed, her tone warm and kind. "What sets Thunderclan apart is a bit... harder to describe. Think of it this way: You know how Skyclan can fight in the trees? Among the branches? We're like the tree trunks. We're sturdy, and really strong. It's hard to stun us for long in battle." She nodded, rooting herself to the ground as if she were a tree to only further demonstrate her point.

"So! We're going to do a practice battle. Keep your claws sheathed, and I'll let you know if you get too rough for sparring with a clanmate. With what you know about Thunderclan being sturdy, what do you think would be the enemy's plan to knock me over? Show me, don't tell." To be able to best protect against an enemy in battle, you had to know your own weakness. That was the first thing Mottlerose would teach him about battle.

ooc; The battle system is found here! With sparring, feel free to use any of the moves on there - just deduct SP, not HP, as they aren't fighting for damage.

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Storms a' Brewing [c]   The Storms a' Brewing [c] EmptyFri 8 Jul 2022 - 0:04

Stormpaw | 20/20 hp & 55/60 sp

Was this some sort of trick question against him, or would things really be that easy? Knock Mottlerose over? He was almost her size already even though he hadn't yet lived through all four seasons. Confidence kept him focused and he pulled himself lower to the ground. Sturdy, like tree-trunks, he thought to himself. There wouldn't have been any point then at batting away at her from the sides, and he couldn't try to wrestle her when she saw him coming, not easily anyway or without leaving with several scratches.

Maybe he should just come at her head on. Literally. Stormpaw began to circle around his mentor, blue eyes narrowed in focus as he swept through the undergrowth between them. Once he felt ready, like he had the right angle and footing, the tom sprang forward - butting into her head first. Sheathed claws, just like she said.

>stormpaw used headbutt on mottlerose

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Storms a' Brewing [c]   The Storms a' Brewing [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Storms a' Brewing [c]
Page 1 of 1