Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Night Spent Together [C]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

A Night Spent Together [C] Empty
PostSubject: A Night Spent Together [C]   A Night Spent Together [C] EmptySun 15 May 2022 - 13:15

Poppyshine

Only a few hours had passed since the battle against the Dark Forest. Poppyshine was exhausted, but she was still quite worried for Rushtalon. Cloverheart had done wonderfully in healing him and Poppyshine had taken to sitting with him after everyone was looked over and taken care of. It was late and some cats had gone to bed, or put up a vigil for Hollyleaf, or gone off on an important errand. Poppyshine sat quietly in the medicine den with Rushtalon as she watched the stars glitter in the Silverpelt from the doorway of the medicine den. Her mind swam with thoughts and fears and questions and sadness, but most of all, she thought of Rushtalon. He had been so foolish in rushing at Whitesnake alone, and had gotten injured in the process. She wanted to yell at him for acting so stupidly, and cry for the pain he'd endured, and also she was so grateful for him having survived. A strange well of emotions swirled in her chest and she kept watching Rushtalon, whose fur illuminated in the moonlight.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Spent Together [C]   A Night Spent Together [C] EmptySun 15 May 2022 - 21:25

The last thing he remembered were claws tearing into his throat as blood bubbled up from the wound. And then there was nothingness. Time was unending, and swift, all in one fluid motion. Flashes of dreams swam through his mind. There were odds and ends of memories but mostly a familiar pelt - Poppyshine. Despite the faraway agony, her presence centered him and calmed him when the dreams became fitful. Recovering from a near death experience had proven to be an exhausting endeavor.

Rushtalon's eyes flickered open, squinting against the frail light. At first the scene was fuzzy and unclear, like one of the many dreams, surreal, "Beautiful..." He muttered in a hoarse rasp, seeing the way the pale light of the stars reflected on the white fur of her pelt. She looked as dazzling as one of the Starclan cats that had padded through the camp. Blinking a couple times, the warrior slowly began to digest that this wasn't just another dream. It was real. Poppyheart was here with him.

Realizing he'd muttered aloud, the russet tom woke up at once, the tendrils of sleep at the fringes of his mind instantly tugged away. Rushtalon jolted awake and sideways into the wall with a groan before falling flat into the nest once again. Everything hurt. He wasn't sure he could move far now knowing the extents of the pain. Mostly, his whole pelt felts stiff. Maybe it would be better to stretch his legs or... Poppyshine. His thought flashed back to her and his eyes flitted to her frame once again, "You're really here." Although the words were frail and crackled, a faint and dreamy smile crossed his maw.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Night Spent Together [C]   A Night Spent Together [C] EmptyMon 16 May 2022 - 9:52

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s head snapped to the side when she heard a sudden rustling. She gasped and moved quickly to his nest to make sure he hadn’t hurt himself in trying to stand up. “Rushtalon, be careful. Cloverheart gave you herbs, but you’re healing.” She began to groom his fur in gentle, rhythmic motions. She was relieved to see that he was awake, but that same wave of emotions began to bubble up again. “What were you thinking, charging Whitesnake like that? You know you couldn’t take on a cat like that in a straight attacking fight. How foolish are you?”

Her maw trembled and she paused in her grooming for a moment to rest her head against Rushtalon’s. “I can’t lose you like this. You need to take care for your own well-being too.” All of her friends seemed to not care if they go hurt. It wasn’t that Poppyshine didn’t understand. She’d taken claws meant for Perchfall during the battle. But she hadn’t been hurt and she knew that she would survive; Rushtalon had lunged into the battle seemingly without any plan for not dying.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Spent Together [C]   A Night Spent Together [C] EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 13:06

His eyes closed slightly, soothed by the rhythmic licks of Poppyshine's tongue. It was almost tempting to slip back into a more peaceful sleep with the sensation. However, a greater inclination was at the forefront of his mind - to stay here in this moment with Poppyshine. After all, hadn't his stupid and impulsive decision been mostly for her? Of course, Rushtalon had been influenced by a care for his kin and clan but it had been the calico she-cat whose image that flashed in his head during those final moments before he'd gone unconscious. Clearly it had stuck with him, even now.

The tom's maw had opened slightly to speak but her chastising questions cut through the air before he could. Ears fell slightly in embarrassment. Of course it was reckless, he knew that, but it had seemed like the best option at the time. Raw pain lined his heart and coupled with the helplessness that he had felt for moons, the russet tom had felt there was nothing else he could do for her, for them. As she pressed her head to his, he sighed softly, feeling selfish at the way that he relished in her warmth. He wanted to duck his head sheepishly or pull away, finding himself undeserving of such unadulterated care, and yet found himself unable to.

"...I didn't know that you needed me too." Rushtalon said after several heartbeats. The words were soft as if he could hardly bring himself to admit such a thing aloud. It felt ridiculous to feel to small now. He had always wanted to protect and support the she-cat, since getting to know her through the antics of apprenticeship. But he realized now that she had supported him just as much, if not more. His whiskers twitched slightly, an almost mocking humor in the realization of his own ignorance. This was followed by a hefty sigh. His tail flickered. He couldn't find the words, nothing seemed right. How odd it was for such a large warrior to sit here feeling like a kit and longing so desperately to sink into her side.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Night Spent Together [C]   A Night Spent Together [C] EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 13:17

Poppyshine

Poppyshine pressed her body weight against Rushtalon, like she was assuring him that she wasn’t going anywhere. She mewed, “Of course I need you. You’re so important to me.” She looked to him, her eyes twinkling in the moonlight that streamed from outside of the medicine den’s entrance. “After everything that RiverClan has lost, I can’t…I can’t bear to lose you as well.”

She continued to groom him gently, but Rushtalon’s words stirred unease and fear in her belly. She tried to hold back the curiosity—Rushtalon needed rest, after all—but ultimately couldn’t hold it back for long. She asked, “Did you…think that you weren’t needed? That you weren’t important?” Poppyshine paused in her grooming to look at Rushtalon carefully with sad eyes. “Is that why you acted so recklessly?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Spent Together [C]   A Night Spent Together [C] EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 13:41

It centered him, the way she pressed closer instead of pulling away. His maw parted slightly and he breathed in her scent. He remembered the conversation he had with Kitespring and realized how much of a foolish kit he'd been about his own feelings. Still, never in his wildest dreams, did the tom think that he would have such an incredible she-cat here at his sides. Rushtalon pressed back and willed the motion to intertwine their pelts forever. Pulling away had been more comfortable previously, as he wrestled with the idea that her relationship with Owlshriek took precedence and he was little more than a friendly companion himself. But, now, insecurities about the dark-furred warrior didn't even cross his mind.

"I guess," He started, a pensive look crossing his maw as she spoke of loss, "I guess losing cats has been a part of my life since I was young. I didn't really stop to think how it might impact others. I thought I was going to do something useful. I though I could help save you." A low huff of laughter left the sides of his maw, realizing his own stupidity. Darkglow had been gone since birth and he had never stopped to think how losing his mother had impacted him. Life had generally been good. Even amid the trials, there were cats he cared for, cats he loved. And who loved him back. Loss wasn't simply a fact, because the cats who he could lose mattered. Not only that, but he mattered to them as well.

When the sensation of her tongue against his coat stopped quite suddenly, he snapped back to attention. Rushtalon found her gaze and recognized the sadness in the depths. Guilt writhed in his belly and an apology sat behind his own eyes. There was more to say, he couldn't leave it here. He felt melodramatic as he let out another sigh, "It-it's stupid. I saw you and Owlshriek and I just figured, if you had him, that you wouldn't need me. I didn't want to get in the way or do anything to ruin your happiness so I figured it would be best to do what I could to save you and that's all I could do. I bet you think I'm a mousebrain, huh? I mean, I certainly feel like one now."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Night Spent Together [C]   A Night Spent Together [C] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 20:45

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s eyes softened, though her expression was hard to read as pity or just warmth. She rested beside him and let her tail relax over Rushtalon’s back. Her stomach churned at the thought that Rushtalon felt such despair at seeing her be friends with Owlshriek that he would throw his own well-being aside. She mewed, “Rush, just because I’m friends with Owlshriek doesn’t mean that you aren’t also important to me.” She smiled ever so gently and gives him a very gentle headbutt. “You are a mousebrain. You’re important, okay? I never want to see you throwing aside caution like that again.”

She pressed right up against him and peered into his eyes. Her stomach churned with a mixture of love and worry and all of her feelings were so overwhelming that they were dizzying. She didn’t want to leave Rushtalon’s side. Poppyshine wanted him to feel safe and loved. Her face leaned forward, nuzzling him gently.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP