Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

when your tears are spent (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

when your tears are spent (c) Empty
PostSubject: when your tears are spent (c)   when your tears are spent (c) EmptySat 22 Oct 2022 - 12:29

Of course she had torn a claw. Of course, on top of everything else that needed to get done around camp, she just had to step wrong over a log and break off the tip of one of her nails. Perchstar's teeth were gritted, more out of annoyance than pain, as she walked back into camp. For a moment, she had half a mind to just ignore the biting discomfort and go on with her day. She had no time to sit and patch the wound. There were more patrols to check up on, mentors to speak with, hunting to be done. But a few more steps into camp dissolved that notion. There would be no concentration if her paw throbbed like this every time she set it down on the ground. So reluctantly, the leader headed to the medicine den.

Thankfully, Poppyshine was asleep in her nest. Perchstar wouldn't have wanted to awaken the deputy for anything so trivial. The more rest she got, the better. However, that was where the fortunate occurrences stopped. Dovesight was out at the moment. On herb-gathering patrol, if Perchstar remembered the patrol assignments properly. She'd wanted to get the last of the feverfew before the threatening storm clouds on the horizon smashed it into the mud. Instead, the small form of Sandypaw was bustling around the den, probably organizing things in her mentor's absence. The leader felt a pang as she considered the apprentice. Being grabbed by a hawk as a kit, the recent deaths of Clanmates, and now her mother's sudden illness.... Things had not been easy for anyone recently, but they had certainly not been easy for Sandypaw. She wished that she could have done more for all of Poppyshine's kits than tell them to give their mother breathing space, and to keep doing their duties. How could she be so bad at comforting others? She wished that she didn't have to disturb the medicine cat apprentice's important work, but there was no helping it.

"Pardon the interruption, Sandypaw," Perchstar said quietly, not wanting to wake the calico who slept nearby. "I know you are probably very busy. But if it isn't too much bother, could you help me patch up my claw? I tore it a little while ago. I don't need much, just to stop the bleeding, I think." She shifted her paws uncomfortably, hoping that her intrusion wouldn't cause too much trouble.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1420

PostSubject: Re: when your tears are spent (c)   when your tears are spent (c) EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 13:33

Sandypaw
Medicine Den

After moons of learning the tiny differences between leaves and berries, Sandypaw could sort them with ease. The hard-working apprentice had memorized her mentor’s system and perfected it. Now we’ll never forget where something is. As she traded dried out herbs for the fresh she just barely caught the scent of her leader before she spoke. When Sandypaw turned around she hoped to see Dovesight entering just behind Perchstar, ready to take care of the torn claw for her. Unfortunately, she was still out on a patrol. Even though she was already reaching for a comfrey root and cobweb, the apprentice was always afraid she was not capable of these duties. What if I end up infecting the whole paw? Perchstar would hate me! Everyone would! were her usual thoughts.

Nervously and meekly, the small molly replied, “It’s no trouble Perchstar. Could you hold out your paw for me please?” She prepared the roots into a poultice and mumbled a small thanks as she held the leader’s forearm. Extra carefully, she soaked up the blood with cobwebs. “It might sting but tell me if it hurts more than that,” she checked, terrified to harm her patient. I can’t mess up any further than I already have. She glanced over to her calico stay-in, still wondering what she had done wrong.

Sandypaw applied the poultice before looking up at Perchstar, “This should help it feel a bit better. But if it doesn’t, come visit Dovesight and she’ll check if it’s infected.” She dipped her head, “Anything else?”

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: when your tears are spent (c)   when your tears are spent (c) EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 17:36

Perchstar held out her paw as she was asked, keeping a straight face despite the urge to wince. Thankfully, Sandypaw had learned well. A few expert presses of cobwebs and a sticky poultice later, her torn claw no longer felt so aggravated. Her paw might even be usable in a few hours or so. "Thank you," she murmured, allowing her eyes to close for a moment in relief. Out of all the things to down a leader, a torn claw...? Well, hopefully Sandypaw wouldn't think any less of her.

At the question, Perchstar felt her eyes drawn back toward the deputy, who was sleeping like a stone in her nest nearby. Her dear friend... Mother to many kits in the Clan, including poor Sandypaw, who had to look after her own family with no certainty on whether she would recover or not. It was a difficult time for everyone, but it must be even harder on her. She should have visited earlier to see how the young she-cat was doing. Silently cursing her lack of social skills once again, she moved her impassive blue eyes back to the medicine cat apprentice's face. "I do have a question. How are you feeling, Sandypaw? Is there anything that I can do to help you?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1420

PostSubject: Re: when your tears are spent (c)   when your tears are spent (c) EmptyWed 7 Dec 2022 - 0:08

Sandypaw
Medicine Den

She froze for a second. Why did she ask that? Am I acting weird? Did I say something of concern? and a million other questions ran through her mind. After a brief buffering the apprentice came back to her senses. Perchstar must be asking about work. Yes, she wants to know how well I’m doing with my training.

“Uh-” she opened her mouth to speak, but hadn’t thought of what to say. Her brain raced again, trying to find the answer that would make Perchstar proud of her. Surely it wouldn’t be great to talk about how she should be a full medicine cat by now, nor to talk about how unskilled she felt.

“Uhm… I guess I’m pretty fine. Work can be a lot.. but with Dovesight’s help we can get through it.” She ended with a hopeful smile, silently begging to know what Perchstar thought of her.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when your tears are spent (c)   when your tears are spent (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

when your tears are spent (c)
Page 1 of 1