Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 23:34

✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 Tuxpi-com-1645427319
✦╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌✦

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

Shuffling over to the prey pile, Forestkit searched for a suitable piece of prey to satiate his growing hunger. It was high noon and the young tom-kit hadn't eaten anything prior. It wasn't that he had awoken late—in fact, he was quite the early riser. No, it was more like he had awoken in one of his more melancholy moods—which was a real hunger spoiler. Thankfully that night hadn't brought him nightmares.  It had been a merciful night indeed. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't quite remember what he dreamt of. Perhaps it was for the best.

Shaking away from his unfocused demeanor, the grey-and-white kitten huffed and finally snatched up a rather small mouse. He didn't mind taking the smaller meals. He wasn't contributing much in his current state and those that worked hard deserved the heartier prey. Once he became an apprentice, he'll allow himself some indulgence. Just thinking about how close he was to gain his apprentice name did wonders to his spirits.

With his mouse firmly grasped between his jaws, he rushed away from the pile and settled down a few fox-lengths away from the nursery. It was a slightly more adventurous setup than his usual. This meant that he was feeling a bit lighter than he did in the morning—always a good sign. It was also a nice place to observe all the hustle and bustle of his clan. With a silent thanks to his clanmates and the starry cats above for the meal, he began to dig into it with little haste. He rather enjoyed savoring his prey while allowing himself some peace to think.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 8:42

Icekit had already eaten earlier in the day, and because of how low their food resources had been lately, she wanted to hold off on eating until that evening. She did spot another cat, Forestkit, get food, but she knew that he hadn't eaten anything sooner. She hadn't actually spoken with Forestkit yet, and she figured that because they were both on the older side--their apprentice ceremonies were surely just around the corner--that she should get to know her fellow kit.

She approached and sat down in front of him. "Hello," she meowed. The thought of Forest desiring privacy and silence did not cross her mind. "We have not officially met. I'm Icekit."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 11:06

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

Jolting slightly at the nearby voice, he quickly dispersed his daydreams and he looked up and noticed the familiar pelt of his denmate, Icekit. He sat up and offered her a sheepish yet polite smile. She was right. They had not officially met. They only knew each other because they both resided in the nursery. A twinge of guilt made its round in the gray kitten's mind. It wasn't nice of him to not have introduced himself prior.

Pushing away from the realization that this would be his first proper interaction with another kit, Forestkit nodded in a physical agreement with her words. "Um, yeah. I'm sorry about not saying much before. I've just never been the best at... talking with others." The tom-kit cleared his throat to distract himself from the heat of embarrassment that was slowly creeping up onto his face before speaking up again, "I'm Forestkit. Nice to officially meet you..." his voice was soft but sincere. He tried not to show his surprise at the non-existent stuttering in his speaking. Perhaps it was a sign that he was getting better at all the social stuff? Or maybe it was because Ice was another kit like him? Whatever it was, he was more than thankful.

The fluffy kitten looked down for a moment and was reminded of the food he'd been eating before. Ah! He should probably offer some to Icekit. Wasn't that the polite thing to do?

He looked back up and smiled gently. "Icekit? Would you like some of this mouse? I know it isn't the biggest from the pile but I don't really like taking any of the big ones—it's just a me thing, though. I feel like since I'm not doing any of the hard work, I should leave the better picks for those that do," he explained as he softly slid the mouse a little closer to Icekit.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 11:28

Icekit shook her had and pushed the mouse back towards him. "It's already small, and you're still growing. You need all the food you can. I ate earlier today." She lifted her chin as she regarded him for a moment. "The warriors work hard to catch food, and they ensure that kits are fed first. It is noble that you want to provide food to others too, but you won't help anyone if you let yourself starve."

Perhaps it was unfair for Icekit to speak so critically to him. After all, he was just trying to help in the only way he could think of. But Icekit could only think of Duskflight and Ratrunner and Webshadow; all the warriors who worked hard to bring back food and who regarded kits with such kindness. Forest not trying to keep his strength up, and instead only allowing himself to eat the tiny quantities, spit in the face of that kindness.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 12:16

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

Tilting his head, Forestkit regarded her words carefully. His face betrayed no emotions as he listened on. A few silent moments after she had finished and he still hadn't said anything. However, his maw twitched for a few beats before it broke out in a warm smile—eyes following suit. "You sound like my mother... and Duskflight," he purred with a light tone—no bitter or sarcastic connotations anywhere within his words. It was fully appreciative.

He met her eyes with no hesitation. "I suppose I wasn't as over being alone as I thought," he murmured gently. "When my mother and father were still... here, I loved sharing the big prey whenever they were taking a break from their duties. I guess that without me knowing, my mind didn't want me to choose something that I couldn't share with anyone. As I said, I'm just not used to talking with others..." The young tom reached out and hugged the mouse to himself with a small chuckle. "Well, I guess I need to start choosing some of the bigger prey huh? I can use them as a great way to get to know the rest of the clan more. If I want to grow to be the best warrior I can be, I need to start getting my fill. Taking care of myself so I can take care of others."

The kitten pointed to the prey pile with a paw. "Want to go choose something for yourself? I know that you told me that you already ate before but if you're hungry now, I can go walk with you and then we can come back. We can talk while we both eat." His soft voice didn't mask any of his renewed vigors. He had a lot of thinking to do later but for now, he can enjoy some company.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:04; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 12:22

Icekit's gaze wandered toward the kill pile when Forestkit pointed it out. Admittedly, she was still hungry. And how hypocritical would she be if she just scolded this tom for not eating his fill when he's growing, and then she didn't do the same? She knew Ratrunner wouldn't want her to go hungry because of an arbitrary belief that she didn't have to eat as much as others.

"Alright," she meowed softly. She rose to her feet and stretched before shaking her pelt. Her fur was coarse and thick due to being born in the midst of leafbare, and so the cold didn't bother her much as they walked out from the nursery's shelter.

"Are you looking forward to being an apprentice?" she asked as they walked together. "Are there any cats you are hoping to mentor you?"

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 13:17

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

Forestkit nodded and stood up onto his paws with a small stretch. He patted his mouse and began to trail after Icekit—hurrying to match her pace once they were a few tail-lengths away. He huffed as the cold air tickled his nose. His fur did wonders to protect him from the leaf-bare elements but he was aware that once the cold dissipated and the heat came creeping in, he'll be having a much tougher time. It'll be a while till then so he didn't need to worry about it for now.

The gray-and-white kit turned his head a tad to look at his companion as they walked over to the prey pile—ears twitching as he listened to her speak. "I am looking forward to it," he purred with a wistful expression. "It may not seem like it with how... shy I seem, but I'd love to help around the clan in whatever ways I can. I guess I want to be like my dad. He used to go around and offer his help to whoever seemed to need some or ask for some... My mom said he was always a real charmer or something like that," he chuckled with a tiny shake of his head. The tom-kit paused for a moment to ponder the next question before opening his maw to speak up again, "I don't really have anyone in mind, to be honest. I guess it's because I never really thought about that before now." A determined look flashed across his eyes. "Well, whoever I get, I'll do my best to listen and learn. I want to make my parents proud as well as my clan... How about you? Do you have anyone in mind?" he inquired with a tilt of his head—his tone portraying genuine curiosity.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 13:26

"I think Cicadashriek would be best for me," Icekit replied immediately. She'd given it some thought for a while now. Though she had yet to actually speak with the warrior in question, the descriptions that Ratrunner gave her only made her more determined.

Icekit wanted a tough warrior who could teach her a lot but wouldn't coddle her either. The only way that  she was going to earn the knowledge and skills she needed was if she was thrown into it. That meant that as much as she enjoyed Ratrunner's company, she didn't think he would be a good mentor for her. She would more easily get annoyed with his feeble instructions--at least, she imagined that his mentor strategy was feeble--and not learn anything at all.

Although. She glanced at Forestkit. He was quieter, more of a soft soul. A harsh mentor may not prove to be beneficial for him. She only knew him for a couple of minutes, so she could be wrong, but with how much he spoke of his parents, she figured that a parental figure would benefit him more.

"You should speak to Ratrunner. I bet he would be a good mentor for you," she meowed. She didn't know if Ratrunner really wanted to mentor someone at the moment, but at the least, she knew that he enjoyed speaking with young kits. It would do him some good to have another kit to look out for.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 14:28

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

His expression turned thoughtful as he pondered the other kit's words and suggestion. "I've never spoken to Ratrunner so I suppose it'd be as good of a time as ever to do so. I need to get to know him and him to know me before anything, after all." A tiny smile made its way onto his maw at the prospect that he'd get to know yet another warrior before he shook away his oncoming daydream. This was not the time for that. "Ah well, Cicadashriek sounds like a strong warrior. I may not know them but I'm sure that with them as your mentor, you'll grow to be a really great warrior." He smiled with a warm look in his amber gaze. "Like my mother used to say, "If you've got a strong head on your shoulders, all ya need is for your body to catch up." Interesting huh?"

The kit peeked forward for a moment and realized that they had already arrived at the prey pile. "Oh! We're here," he chuckled softly. "I'll stand here while you pick out your prey," he murmured.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:05; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 16:06

Now at the kill pile, Icekit sniffed around curiously. She looked through the options before she chose a smaller lizard. After all, she had already eaten earlier, and she was going to eat dinner with the rest of the clan as well. This wasn't hypocritical, taking a smaller option; this was simply fair.

With her meal between her teeth, she flicked her tail in a gesture to Forestkit to walk with her back to the nursery.

When they arrived, she sat down beside his waiting meal so they could eat together. Between bites, she meowed, "You speak of your parents a lot. Are they around?" She looked to the queens in the nursery and then out at a couple of the warriors that roamed.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2022 - 14:04

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

The tom-kit smiled as Icekit returned with a lizard gripped between her jaws. She probably wasn't as hungry as he'd thought since her meal of choice was a bit on the small side. At her beckon, Forestkit nodded and began to follow her lead back to their previous spot.

Once they arrived back, the gray-and-white kitten plopped himself down in front of his mouse. He took a good bite of it as he listened to the she-kit speak. A pang of sadness formed at her words—an all too familiar feeling that never failed to make his chest ache but he buried it away. She was right. He did speak of his parents a lot. Honestly, it was another thing he did without knowing. He quickly wiped the frown that had appeared on his face. He swallowed and shook his head at her question. "No. They aren't... around anymore. It was a while back. One day my dad went out to do some hunting and h-he never came back. My mom loved him so much that I guess she couldn't live without him..." he trailed off with a whispery voice. "One day she was gone too. L-Like she didn't leave but she just didn't wake up... I-I know what death is. I'm not some stupid or innocent kit—my parents taught me all that stuff so I-I could be prepared. It didn't make it any better though." A faraway look flickered across his melancholy gaze. Despite his downcast demeanor, Forestkit's maw had a ghost of a smile. These were memories that he didn't want to keep thinking about. He was going to be apprenticed soon and he needed to look forward and not back.

He cleared his throat and shook his head. "I'm doing better now. I'm ready to move forward and work hard as an apprentice and then a warrior. I want to do it in their honor." The fluffy tom-kit's smile was more genuine now. "Ya know what, Icekit? I'm glad I got to talk to you today. You made me think about many things that I was a bit scared to before." He chuckled and subconsciously patted his mouse. "Guess I needed a little extra push huh?"

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2022 - 14:13

Icekit listened to Forestkit's explanation and her ears lowered sympathetically. "I'm sorry to hear," she mewed in a soft tone. She was not completely ignorant to the idea of loss. While her mother was still around, helping in the nursery and catching prey for the clan, Icekit's father had left. Her mother refused to speak of him, so Icekit figured that he'd disappeared on bad terms. But at least she still had her mother, as coddling as she could be. Icekit couldn't imagine losing both.

She perked up when Forestkit seemed to move past the topic. "I'm glad I could give you a push. There's no point in staying in one place. Moving forward helps everyone." Her tail waved in a friendly gesture as she swallowed down the last of the lizard. "And we'll be apprentices together. You'd better work hard, though. I won't let you be a better warrior than me without working for it." Her nose wrinkled in a good natured expression.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2022 - 14:41

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

Moving forward is certainly the best option for Forestkit. Besides, he now had more cats he could converse with—with a bit of time they could even become his new family. Just thinking about his future alleviated the pain he'd been feeling deep inside. He was well aware that nothing is set in stone—wise words from his mother—but having a bit of positivity never hurt.

Smile morphing into a light grin, he huffed at the other's words. "Alright, alright. I'll do my best to earn my warrior name," he chuckled. He finished the last of his meal before speaking, "And you better hang out with me whenever you're not busy with whatever duties your mentor gives you. I'd like to check up on you, you know? It's not that you really need that. I'm sure your apprentice training will go well but it never hurts to check on someone here and there." Immediately after, Forest let out a little yawn. He offered her a sheepish look before getting up on his paws. "I'm gonna go rest now. Once I wake up I'm probably going to be thinking a lot. Thanks again for talking with me, Icekit! See ya."

With a final smile and a little wave of his tail, the fluffy kitten stretched and padded off to his late mother's nest. His chest felt lighter than ever and right then, he felt like things were going to be alright.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】   ✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】 Empty

Back to top Go down

✦One step forward and no steps back✦【Closed】
Page 1 of 1