Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Snows of leaf-bare (c)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

Snows of leaf-bare (c) Empty
PostSubject: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 7:04

Another day, another patrol, another new Clanmate to get to know! She’d been assigned to this particular hunting patrol with an apprentice, a stocky tom. He looked quite capable, if slightly grumpy- but no one, other than Dawnfeather herself, liked being up early. In this deep leaf-bare, the light was dim through thickening clouds. The snow was difficult to get through on the ground, so Dawnfeather took to the trees, winding through the branches like a wraith above the tom-cat’s head.

“I heard Beechaunt was your mentor! Do you like training? What’s your favorite color?” A flurry of motion above his head, and Dawnfeather dropped down beside him, dove hanging from her maw. “Do you like doves?” She queried, tilting her head and speaking through the dove’s soft feathers. “Oh, and my name’s Dawnfeather! You?”

Ooc: I already have the hunting req in, but you can roll/summon a predator if you need either req!
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 20:46

Mountainpaw rolled his eyes ughh he had to patrol with this cat? he thought to himself

Mountainpaw he quickly introduced himself wanting to get this over with... he could already tell he was not going to like Dawnfeather and really he didnt like anyone so what was the point of trying now.

Yeahh I got the half face as my mentor. I like to call her Beechfa... you know cause her old name of Beechface and since half her face is missing Beechfa fits her pretty well. Goes with her grumpy attitude as well

he said in an annoyed hiss. He and his mentor did not get along very well... In fact, Mountainpaw had not met a cat who did get along with him well. oh well their loss right?

Do I like training? Well I like the training but my mentor is terrible he complained.

Favorite color?! what are we back in the nursery?? he scoffed. I dont know how about red the color of blood. I like to make things bleed especially things that annoy me. he snapped.

He blinked a couple times.... Do I like doves? How was this cat a warrior she acted like a kit... Skyclan was falling apart for sure if this was the warriors they had... and sure enough she was one of those spotted cats. Oh how he despised them.

He growled slightly Can we get on with our task! he snapped, why was he ... the apprentice having to take control of this situation and run the patrol? This warrior clearly wanted to goof off all day and talk about colors and doves. He walked on a little in silence...

So Beechaunt... huh are you pretty close with my mentor then? he inquired. If nothing else he could learn more about his mentor and maybe find new ways to push her buttons, one of his favorite activities. tell me more about your aunt he questioned

OOC: for background the character creation I signed up for with Mountainpaw had a section of rival families, Mountainpaw is in the solids family and he was raised to "hate" any spotted cats.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyWed 29 Dec 2021 - 5:22

Dawnfeather paused mid-step, paw poised in the air. Her ears flattened and eyes widened. Never, no never had she heard anyone talk about Beechaunt like that… for a split second, anger boiled in her heart, her family’s horrible temper threatening to come through… but only for a second. He was already walking ahead, shoving through the snow. She blinked. Then, looking around rather helplessly, she bounded after him.

Flustered indeed. As he kept talking, the golden she-cat grimaced and winced. Oh deer… oh deer indeed. Maybe- maybe he just really woke up on the wrong side of the nest. How- was he treating Beechaunt this way? No, no, surely not. No one would.

Finally, a question, something she could grab onto. With a relieved expression, she did just that. “Well, she was medicine cat of SkyClan for a while, killed a dog by herself, fought Asylum, got struck by lightning, became the only cat in history to survive, took down a fox by herself… even fought the… infamous Dawnhawk.” She stumbled over the last words with a sigh. Only, only for Beechaunt (well, and Prima, Smokema, Olive, etc) would she talk badly about Hawkuncle. She’d apologize the next time she saw him.

That brought to mind their conversation in green-leaf, what seemed ages ago. Troublesome apprentice indeed… although he probably is just not feeling well.

“Are you feeling okay?”
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyWed 29 Dec 2021 - 20:01

Am I feeling okay? I feel fine! I thought beechfa was the old medicine cat not you! he growled. Why did everyone always assume something was wrong with him?

Sounds like tall tails to me. I doubt half of that is true he challenged as he listened to Dawnfeather ramble on about Beechfang.

Huh so he didn't get exactly what he was looking for of ways to push Beechfang's buttons but he learned that old half face and Dawnfeather were close... he could work with that, perhaps to get on his mentors nerves he could complain about Dawnfeather to Beech and get an argument started that way... or perhaps there was an even more direct way.

Beechfa is not all you think she is he meowed hoping to get on Dawnfeathers nerves. Old half face is only kept around cause she is the leaders kin he continued hoping to start something.  He hated that anyone would give his mentor praise, he was constantly at odds with Beechfang and this really got under his skin. He was angry usually but this drove him almost mad.

If bloodstar ever left I bet the next leader would kick her outta Skyclan he said continuing to instigate.

He spun around rapidly and got up very close in Dawnfeather's face aggressively

And when that day comes, I hope Dawnhawk finishes what he should have long ago. he said in a low hush whisper.

he could tell this would really anger Dawnhawk so he let a pause pass....

then he purred in satisfaction.

Tell you what... Fight me right here right now. If you win Ill leave your aunt alone for a bit I may even try and be good for her once in awhile during training. I win you do my apprentice duties for half a moon.

Before waiting for an answer Mountainpaw hissed loudly and leaped at Dawnfeather smacking her with a direct hit!

Mountainpaw used Jumping Strike!

OOC: I couldnt find what rank warrior Dawn is so in your reply let me know :)

Dawnfeather -9 hp ?? Could not find what tier warrior
Mountainpaw:
20/20 hp
53/ 60 sp

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2021 - 5:10

Ooc: oops Dawn is tier Three so

Dawnfeather’s ears flattened further with each biting word that came out of the tom-cat’s mouth. This would be a good moment to feel angry, right? All she felt at the moment was intimidated and rather scared… by an apprentice who had little training and was shorter than her.

Riiiiiight.

“No I heard it from Prima-“ she began quietly, but he continued to talk over her, and so she listened, head and tail lowered.

And when the day comes, I hope Dawnhawk finishes what he started.

Dawnfeather paused for three seconds.

The first was spent recalling that Hawkuncle’s name was Dawnhawk.

The second was spent recalling what, exactly, she’d said Hawkuncle had done.

The third was spent deciding whether to be angry on Beechaunt’s or Hawkuncle’s behalf.

Of course, she wouldn’t be angry, just a tad irritated.

But before she had a chance to decide anything more, he cannoned into her and she was knocked backwards with a yelp, his words dully registering in her brain. Wait… by sparring she could show him how wrong he was? Well, she’d certainly take that.

But she was still under his paws, still back-down in the snow, and she got walloped in the face a few more times. Ouch.

Dawnfeather used Belly Rake. Rolling Dice. Attempt was a failure, dealing no damage, costing 25 SP, and dealing a recoil damage of 5.

Dawnfeather
36/50 HP (-5)
95/120 SP

Mountainpaw
20/20 HP
X/60 SP

Last edited by Cocoa on Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 5:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyThu 30 Dec 2021 - 5:10

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Snows of leaf-bare (c) Mistpe10
Snows of leaf-bare (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 6:46

Mountainpaw grinned like a maniac. He was enjoying this. Dawnfeather, you disappoint me. Beechfa holds you in such high regard. Surly you can do better! he taunted as Dawnfeather's attack missed and he got some easy blows in.

He quickly got behind her and gripped her tail in his teeth. He bit down firmly and pulled with all his might pulling her into the hard icy ground.

Are you even trying? he hissed in anger

Mountainpaw used Tail Yank: Dawnfeather is stunned for one turn

Dawnfeather
29/50 HP (-7)
95/120 SP

Mountainpaw
20/20 HP
38/60 SP (-15)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 8:14

She did? Contrary to what any intelligent creature would’ve done, Dawnfeather’s smile grew as Mountainpaw kept speaking. Beechaunt really did? Enough to talk about it to others? She felt certain the joy practically radiating off of her face would do something to mellow this… volcano of an apprentice, but… not so much.

She was still clambering to her paws when he disappeared, and a sudden shooting pain up her tail warned her- ow. Alright. Come on, Dawnfeather. “Maybe you’re just a good fighter,” she suggested from a rather uncomfortable position.

Suddenly, blue eyes that had been almost glazed over before sharpened into a keen awareness. A weakness- an opening- a sudden flash of paws, and she stood, backing away, a bit battered. “Oh, yes, I’m trying.” She’d forgotten how much she liked to spar- keen blue eyes gauged every movement of the tom’s. Bulky, risky fighter. Inexperienced. She could do this- stars, she wanted to.

Dawnfeather used Random Recall and Front Paw Strike, dealing 8 damage and costing 12 stamina.

Dawnfeather

29/50 HP
83/120 SP (-12 due to Random Recall and Front Paw Strike)

Mountainpaw
12/20 HP (-8 due to Front Paw Strike)
38/60 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 10:24

Mountainpaw grunted as he got hit by the front paw strike. He growled aggressively

He flailed unpredicedly slashing out with all his might paws striking hard on his opponent. He enjoyed this so much.

after the many blows delivered he saw an oppening and lept forward jaws open wide. He bit down hard with a snap.

Mountainpaw used Desperate Blows.
Mountainpaw used Snap

Dawnfeather
19/50 HP (-10)
83/120 SP

Mountainpaw
12/20 HP
24/60 SP (-14)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 10:47

Ow- oh gosh- what was with him? “This is a spar,” she grunted, plowing into the younger tom and bowling him over, into the snow. “I mean, I’m sure you knew that. Just, usually we don’t… get this… violent? In spars.”

Powerful paws kept the younger tom in place. Perhaps not for long- he was a powerful tom, after all, and she just lately returned from the life of a kittypet. At any rate, long enough for her to catch her breath and speak. “This is a spar, right? I mean- sometimes I kinda feel like you are taking this way too seriously- sorry if you’re not-“

Dawnfeather used Leap-and-Hold, dealing 8 damage, costing 15 stamina, and continuing for 1 turns.

Dawnfeather
19/50 HP
68/120 SP (-15)

Mountainpaw pinned for one turn
4/20 HP (-8)
24/60 SP

Last edited by Cocoa on Fri 31 Dec 2021 - 10:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 10:47

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 11:03

Mountainpaw breathed heavily this fight was taking alot of energy and he could tell he was close to lost in it.

I know it's just a spar... I just like the feeling of battle I like it to feel real! he said in between heavy breaths. the apprentice was clearly tired but he still bared his teeth aggressively

He rolled onto his feet and tried to get out of the pin that Dawnfeather had him in.  He tried to tell if the warrior was as tired as he was but she looked strong as ever... Wow perhaps he had underestimated his opponent. Then again she had alot more training than him... Well the only way to get better was practice right?

And besides... I would rather practice with a clanmate than have to figure it out on the battlefield for real. he added on but still in a mean tone.

POST Die ROLL

He kicked her hard shaking her off his back and broke free from the pin.

He rolled to his paws facing her again growling.

Mountainpaw used Duck and Twist: Successful roll, pin is now broken

Dawnfeather
12/50 HP (-7 from success duck and twist)
68/120 SP

Mountainpaw pinned for one turn
4/20 HP
19/60 SP (-5 for duck and twist)

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftpelt on Fri 31 Dec 2021 - 11:08; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 11:03

The member 'swiftpelt' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 11:15

Hmmm… he had a good point! When the apprentice started trying to break free, Dawnfeather absentmindedly took her paws off with no attempt to keep him pinned. Maybe more sparring was the secret? Hmm… maybe if she sparred more it’d be easier for her to fight in battle! Not the fighting part- more the apologizing all the time part. Beechaunt had told her not to do that-

Oh. Right. He wanted this to feel real? Got it.

She took a breath, remembered how she’d seen Beechaunt fight Mr. Tarot, and charged forwards, battle howl ripping itself from her maw. Powerful paws slammed into the apprentice’s shoulders, shoving him roughly to the ground without hesitation. Muscles strong from moons of climbing pushed the younger tom into the snow ruthlessly.

“Did I do it right?” Dawnfeather asked in a delighted tone, stepping back so the tom could get his face out of the snow. “I thought that looked pretty real- what do you think?”

Dawnfeather used Upright Lock, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnfeather
12/50 HP
58/120 SP (-10)

Mountainpaw ko pending
0/20 HP (-10)
19/60 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 11:52

Mountainpaw got slammed into the ground, he tried to get up and deliver another strike but his body would not listen to this idea. He was absolutely beaten down. He lay in the snow not moving for a solid bit...

He sat up slowly recovering from the long fight he blinked rapidly a couple times, breathing heavily. He shook the snow from his face. He felt like he had just gotten smacked by a badger (not that he would actually know) but wow Dawnfeather could hit hard!

ok ok I give up.... You win he meowed, he was angry and upset at himself for losing.

he covered his head with his front paws and curled into a ball. He expected another hit from Dawnfeather. That is what his mother would have done. No actually... his mother would have smacked him twice again for good measure she did not accept failure and that is how she viewed Mountainpaw... a failure. She let him know this often enough.

He peaked out from behind his front paws... was Dawnfeather not going to swing at him again? After all the nasty things he said?

He was mostly angry that he had lost after acting all tough. ughh how did I lose to a warrior that acts like a kit? She was asking me about my favorite color and I lost to her??? he thought bitterly to himself.

Yeah you did it right, that looked really real.... Felt really real too...You are a good fighter. I think I underestimated you a bit he meowed quickly and quietly. This was as close to a compliment as Mountainpaw would give to anyone.

One day I will become strong like you, who knows maybe I'll beat you next time... You got lucky this time he meowed back to his usual tone and style of comments, but he knew luck had nothing to do with it, he just got outmatched.

Dawnfeather had earned his respect though, he would do his best to not be a total jerk to her.... as much as was possible for him that is.

I never answered your last question from before.... Yes I really do love doves
he purred

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snows of leaf-bare (c)   Snows of leaf-bare (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Snows of leaf-bare (c)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next