Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 22 Dec 2021 - 5:49

In Muddythorn's opinion, Hollypaw was growing up far too quickly. It messed with the young tom's head that he so clearly remembered the first time her met her and her siblings, tiny little scraps of fur he had helped deliver. But then again, that had been the same with Dawnfeather, who had been a fully-fledged warrior a while, even if she hadn't yet returned. The sun rose, showering the crisp forest in weak sunlight, interrupted every so often with clouds. Maybe his memory wasn't reliable, but he was sure it hadn't been this cold last leaf-bare, even if he was only there for the end of it. Now, leaf-bare was only just beginning.

Still blinking the sleep out of his eyes, he padded towards the apprentices' den to find Hollypaw, unable to help but think of how she wouldn't be sleeping there much longer. In want ways, going to the moonstone was a cat's final steps towards warriorhood. As he said, his little sister was growing up far too quickly. "Hollypaw?" He called after he'd eaten his herbs, a second bundle waiting at his paws. "It's time to go, here are your travelling herbs."

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 4:40

Hollypaw stirred, one ear flicking at the sound of a name, and then curled stubbornly tighter. Mmm... 's cold, too early... jus' get Wasp... In the back of her mind and in almost a dream called a soft, deeply-familiar voice; one so attached to early-kit mornings, and little check-overs, and safety, and certainly not getting up. It niggled at her, but her nest was warm... so she snuggled deeper.

Ravenclaw's brisk, even tone had become an instant wake-up call. (As did any shifting in the sleeping tabby beside her. Even if she had to admit that Wasp's dumb mentor maybe... maybe... could be trusted not to screw it up. Since he could huntl) But then Hollypaw's thoughts seemed to surface from the sleepiness, almost lazily, and... wait, Muddythorn? Muddythorn!

Like a startled bird, she shot up from her nest, fur askew and eyes wide. And she meeped. Had she left her brother waiting? How embarrassing! "B-be right there, Muddy!" she called, definitely loudly (and while definitely ignoring any irritated sounds from her denmates at the volume). Eek! Her fur had bits of moss (and drool) in it, too. With incredible, Muddy-induced speed, she raked away any lingering remnants of sleep, climbed over errant apprentices without tripping (if nearly), and crashed almost right into her brother. And seeing as Hollypaw wasn't so tiny anymore, that would've hurt -- for both of them.

"Sorry, sorry! I swear, I get up quickly most times," Hollypaw mewed, flushing, torn at the idea of her brother thinking that she -- er -- kept cats waiting. Hollypaw was punctual! (Mostly!) "I hope you haven't been waiting."

Her brother seemed very much awake, and himself: dark brown fur rich and healthy and eyes gentle, almost as brown. They were all a bit thinner since the snow, but aside from that, to Hollypaw he looked the same as ever. She nuzzled him gently under the chin, and then pulled back, eyes shining. It was only once she nearly stepped on them that she registered the bundle of herbs at Muddy's feet: and for her. Unfortunately.

She gave her brother a grimace. (As a kit, even when feeling off or ill, she'd insisted eating any of those yucky, bitter, gross herbs would definitely kill her. Genuinely. And wouldn't let them make her, on pain of -- if not death -- dramatic kit wailing and a fit.) But Hollypaw wasn't a kit anymore; she couldn't tell Muddy she'd rather Starclan take her than chew some acrid, disgusting leaf and swallow.

Unfortunately.

Wincing all the way, and gagging, Hollypaw bravely gobbled the bundle, and forced herself to keep it down. (And it was tough.) It sucked moisture from her mouth and was just nasty! (If... well, okay, not as bad as she'd remembered as a kit. Not that she'd have known if these were different; which they probably were.) She gave Muddy a strangled smile and sign she was okay, with her tail. And Muddy does this all the time. And even chews it for other cats...

She only felt vaguely like dying, but that -- that was worse. And putting them on wounds? It made Hollypaw feel a little queasy. Fighting, claws -- ripping into dog's faces with her fangs, in the heat of battle -- she could do. But staring at her own blood, after it? Or another's? The thought made her wince.

"I really couldn't have been a medicine cat, could I?" she told him, sheepishly, and absolutely knew it to be true. Her brother's job was... hard. She shivered. "I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do. 'Cause I would die."

Now that it was over, though... they were ready to leave. And Hollypaw resisted another shiver, if for a different reason. But her eyes were clear. She'd been waiting for this, hadn't she? It... was her chance.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 2 Jan 2022 - 3:07

Normally Muddythorn held back his laughter when apprentices ate their travelling herbs, but the look of disgust on Hollypaw's face was comical, and she was his sister after all. "You know some cats are just better suited to different things than others." For him, that was most certainly the case. It was something that had taken him many moons to accept, but now that he knew he was making a difference, helping the cats he loved, made it a lot easier.

"Come on, we better get going. You'd think after doing this over and over again I would learn to leave some extra leeway time." He said, setting off in the direction of the camp entrance. He could tell that Hollypaw was nervous, and so he tried to comfort her, "I'm so proud of you Holly, you've come along so far. Honestly, sometimes I still think you're a tiny little kit still. But then again, I still remember Dawn as a kit. Starclan I'm getting old." he said jokingly, giving his sister a playful nudge. It took him a while to register what he had said, though, and soon regretted bringing up Dawnfeather; their sister's disappearance would certainly put a damper on the mood of the conversation.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 21:05

“No kidding!” Holly mewed back. And then, for good measure, swiped another mouthful of snow before getting to her feet. I hope that taste doesn’t last the whole trip.

Even so, she easily fell into step with her brother. “No problem! I can walk fast, you know.”

The journey ahead filled her with nerves. But she tried to feel confidence, too… (At least after this, she’d know.)

When Muddy spoke, her eyes snapped to meet her brother’s. And she flushed. Quickly looking away, she knew the words meant a lot more than she could say. I always just wanted to make them proud of me. Her side pressed against him again.

She had grown, hadn’t she?

And maybe at another time, the mention of her older sister would’ve made her heart twist. But in this case it made her stand a little straighter, and give her brother a grin. (It’s what Dawn would do.) She bumped his shoulder, and returned the teasing. “Yeah, yeah, you’re so old now. Practically ancient. You know, I bet you can’t even—” and here her muscles readied, her nose bopping him on the shoulder, —keep up with me!”

As she mewed it, the apprentice was already going, putting on a playful burst of speed. She busted out of camp and into the snow. And just like tag as a kit, she sped ahead on burning legs, laughing breathlessly. “I’ll see you at the Moonstone!” she called back. “Since it’ll probably take your old bones ages to get there and all!”

Holly was mouse-dung at directions, generally. But she thought it was the right one: toward Fourtrees! Still, it was all playful, so she didn’t go as fast as she could — which was very!
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 11:56

"Hey!" Muddythorn said with indignation, "Holly!" He called ahead, his sister having run off. What was it with apprentices always wanting to run off? Few of them knew the scale of the journey they were about to undertake, and he didn't like to worry his clanmates about the lack of herbs. The warriors who'd seen leaf-bare before knew, and anyone else who tried enough to connect the dots.

"Don't waste all your energy now! It's great that you're having fun, but I doubt you'll have this much energy when we reach halfway." He explained. The last thing he needed was an exhausted Hollypaw. But, then again, he wasn't sure that was possible. When the calico was back at his side, he did pick up his pace, but was moving nowhere near as fast as the apprentice's little sprint. "I promise we'll make it in time going at this pace, I've done it before."

---

Muddythorn ended up being correct - the pair did reach highstones in time, just as darkness fell on the stony peaks. He led the way, up along the trail towards mothermouth. "Okay Holly, this is it! Stay really close to my tail the whole time, those tunnels are really dark. When we get to the moonstone, lie down beside it and you should fall asleep. Good luck!"He said cheerfully as his brown pelt was swallowed into the darkness.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 12:41

So… the journey was longer than Hollypaw had anticipated. Sometimes the walking seemed to go on and on. But it was still cool — they passed through other clans’ territories! Not much, and Muddy had to remind her to be polite, but… still.

It was a bit unnatural. But Hollypaw found she liked the diversity, and Muddythorn at her side gave her confidence.

She… did get tired, though. After a while. But she didn’t let it stop her, especially as Muddy let them up an incline: the stony peaks of Highstones before them. Her paws scrambled a bit against stone, but she was used to rocks!

Mothermouth was… a cave. And Hollypaw found she wasn’t used to those. But Muddy says this is the way. Darkness was starting to fall behind them, sun a burning orange and gold, but… the darkness ahead of them seemed to swallow it whole.

No! Don’t be spooked! This is the right way! And when Muddy entered easily, tail disappearing from view, Hollypaw squeaked. Don’t lose his tail, he said! “I — I’m coming!”

She shut her eyes as she did, scrambling forward and almost hitting her brother in the back. But when she opened her eyes, it didn’t make a difference: it was still, complete darkness. She resisted the chills; if Muddythorn said this was the right way, it had to be.

If she kept a little closer to Muddy than she had to, well. It’s not like you could tell.

But then… there was a light. Soft, glowing. Far fainter than the sun, but… when Muddy suddenly stepped aside, allowing his younger sister to pass, it felt almost blinding.

She averted her eyes, initially — she had to! — and found in the light Muddy’s rich brown seemed almost muted. When she could glimpse, the stone shone. And glittered beautifully. “Whoa…”

The apprentice looked to her brother, in awe. But he just smiled, it seemed — she’d see him doing that — and Holly remembered what he’d said, when they first entered. Lie down beside it.

In her chest, she felt that this… was something special. Her entire body felt worn, from the long journey, but… it felt almost hard to imagine falling asleep.

And yet when she padded closer, whiskers brushing the stone, she felt... quiet, still, calm. Her entire being seemed to slump — her one question close to her heart — and she sank entirely against the stone, and into deep sleep.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 10:33

When next the apprentice awoke, an unfamiliar face greeted her with a slightly impatient huff, the pretty brown tabby and white she-cat stopping mid-step as her pacing ceased.  "Oh, you're finally here.  Geez, I thought that pain-in-the-behind StarClanner gave me the wrong time.  Those old farts are always treating me like some incompetent kitten..."  Rolling her eyes, the star-studded warrior laid down in the soft grass, casually licking a forepaw and swiping it over her pristine white muzzle, but her murky green eyes seemed to be examining the tortoiseshell apprentice that lay before her.  "Hollypaw right?  My name's Fernpetal, I was a warrior of SkyClan moons ago before your parents were born.  Probably haven't heard of me, I didn't do much that would be remembered."  Her clear voice had a raspy edge to it, as if she was forcing herself to sound so nonchalant.  However, her flicking tail-tip betrayed curiosity and a bit of excitement.  I've been here for eons now and I've finally been allowed to meet with a living cat, it took them long enough!  They probably think I'm going to infect their minds with rebelliousness or something...well, maybe a little.

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 15 Jan 2022 - 17:39

When Hollypaw stirred, she was lying on soft grass. She felt warm, as well, like she was bathed in sunlight. Hmm... warm? And when she blinked, she saw an unfamiliar face above her…

...looking impatient. Tabby and white fur filled her vision, and then left to sit down beside her. Huh?

Hollypaw sat up suddenly. It was so… bright, here, but mostly what she noticed was— “You're not my sister.”

She looked very different, actually, if also pretty. Green eyes, like Hollypaw, but darker, murkier. “Are you even related to me?” Then realized who she was talking to. “Not that it, uh, matters. Whoa. You’re really dead? And I’m talking to you? I mean, without me being dead. Muddy told me I’d just be asleep, so I’m dreaming...”

Around them felt… peaceful, light, warm. The grass and dirt felt soft to the touch, and yet it seemed to go on for ages. The molly in front of her was lying down, comfortable — casual. Fernpetal, she’d said.

This is so… weird, she thought, distracted as she surveyed the soft, golden and blue sky.

“I haven’t heard of you,” Holly said, turning back curiously. “But then that could be because I suck at remembering things. You’re… really dead? But you look young. And—” here she flushed. “I don’t suppose you know my sister, then.”

The calico sat up straighter, somehow feeling none of the itch of hunger of lingering soreness. She turned a paw in wonder. The urgency of her visit seemed… fainter, but still. She tilted her head. “You knew my name. Do you know a Dawnfeather, too?”
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 16 Jan 2022 - 14:11

Fernpetal's brow lifted skeptically as this young SkyClan apprentice greeted her with unexpected words; no 'hello' or 'who are you', but a somewhat rude statement.  You're not my sister.  Hollypaw swept on, rambling about this or that as seemingly conflicting emotions battled in her brain.  Fernpetal meanwhile couldn't help but heave an internal sigh; it seemed this meeting might not be the magical, wonderous encounter she thought it might be.  I mean, my own Moonstone journey was quite the unexpected occasion too, I suppose it's fitting.

Flicking her ear as if to fling away the irritation, the bicolor tabby she-cat found a turn to speak amidst Hollypaw's drifting questions.  "Uh, no.  I'm not your sister.  I don't know if we're related either, probably somehow.  SkyClan is pretty...tight-knit.  Yes, I am dead, and you're just sleeping.  That's kinda how this whole thing works."  She was trying her best not to sound too impatient or waspy, Pansyface was always getting on her case about that, but by StarClan it came as naturally to her as being kind and sweet and perfect was to her mate Silentwhisper.  Sarcasm would have to be a good middle ground.

Crossing her front paws prettily as her mother often did, Fernpetal let out a dry, rumbling laugh.  "Oh don't worry kiddo, I'm sure you haven't.  Anything even remotely cool about me happened after I was already dead.  You might know my sister Mintwhisker though, she was a medicine cat. Or my mother Pansyface, she was a prized warrior.  Anyway, I don't know any cat named Dawnfeather here.  I tend to stick to my own crowd."  Flicking her long sleek tail, stardust taking to the breeze in its wake, Fernpetal got straight to the point.  "So, is there anything you want advice on?  Something to get off your chest?  You seem to be talking about this Dawnfeather a lot."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollypaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1