Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Nov 2021 - 8:19

Murkystar padded into the medicine den, smiling kindly as her gaze landed on her daughter. "Hey, Basilpaw. Are you ready? I think it's time for you to be received by StarClan as a full medicine cat." She purred, stepping closer to lightly nudge her daughter's shoulder with her nose. They had a long journey ahead of them, the second that they would be taking within the same moon, but it was a necessary one - and one her daughter had earned. Losing her mentor so early into her apprenticeship had surely been difficult, yet she had persevered, and Murkystar was so incredibly proud of her. "Before we go... I'm very proud of you. You've accomplished so much, and you've earned this."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Giphy
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Nov 2021 - 13:23

Basilpaw's bright amber gaze lifted from the pile of herbs she was sorting as Murkystar entered her den, the small tortoiseshell greeting her mother with a friendly purr.  Her evening so far had been normal, even mundane, but a lingering feeling of excitement had been residing within her mind ever since Murkystar had mentioned receiving her full name the night before, and as the new leader confirmed that they would be traveling to the Moonstone that tiny spark exploded into a blaze.  "Y-Yes, yes I'm ready!  Absolutely!"  The smile on her face illuminated every feature with a brilliant joyful glow, and the little medicine cat bounced on her paws as she reached to prepare two batches of traveling herbs.  She had always known that this day would come, but it still felt so soon!  Would she feel this way if she had been fully trained by Rookfire, she wondered, would she feel more prepared?  She didn't know, and never would know, but despite the nervous butterflies in her stomach, she knew at heart that she was ready for this.

Once she had separated the two sets of herbs (putting a little extra chamomile in her own) she nudged Murkystar one of them and gulped down the other, barely noticing the bitter taste.  Giving her pelt a very quick groom, she stepped forward alongside her mother and gazed up at her as she spoke, feeling her face grow warm.  Licking her chest embarrassedly, the she-cat's voice came out as a low, humble purr.  "Oh stars, thank you Mama.  Thank you for not giving up on me, and helping me get this chance to serve my clanmates.  You, Flintshard, Batglow, Papa too...you've all done so much for me.  I couldn't ask for better mentors."  Pressing her face against her mother's furry tortoiseshell shoulder, she nuzzled her for a long moment before pulling away, enthusiasm and restlessness apparent in her eyes.  "Now, let's get going!"

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Nov 2021 - 14:14

Basilpaw excitedly confirmed that she was ready before setting about gathering the necessary herbs. Murkystar was grateful that she would be able to consume the herbs this time, the strength and stamina that they lent would be welcome, especially after the absence of them in her last journey to the Moonstone. It didn't take Basilpaw long, as she separated the two piles with skilled, careful paws. Bowing her head to eat her own bundle next to her daughter, she curled her nose at their bitter taste, swallowing quickly before straightening back up. A purr rumbled in her chest as Basilpaw thanked her, and so many others that had a paw in her upbringing, and licked the top of her head between her ears as she nuzzled into her shoulder. When she eventually pulled away, Murkystar resisted the urge to pull her back in, instead smiling gently at the to be medicine cat's enthusiasm and restlessness. "Let's get going then." She purred, leading the way out of the medicine den. With a quick nod to Frostgaze, she continued walking through camp, and as the pair exited ShadowClan's camp their journey officially began.

-Time Skip-

They finally reached Highstones, Murkystar looking over to her daughter with warmth. Any time the she-cat had needed, Murkystar had lent her shoulder, and she had sent a steady but gentle pace for the journey. Now that they had finally arrived, it was Basilpaw's turn to lead the way. Stepping aside, she purred softly. "It's your turn now, Basilpaw. I've... Never been present for a medicine cat ceremony, but I will do the best I can." She mewed, resting her tail briefly on her daughter's shoulder.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Nov 2021 - 13:22

Usually, the arduous journey to Mothermouth absolutely exhausted Basilpaw, but she supposed the effective mix of excitement blended with energy from the strengthening herbs is what kept her at a steady pace alongside her mother this whole time.  Her heart was beating fast, but not in a way that concerned her.  The dark tunnel looming before them once more, Basilpaw eyes glanced over at Murkystar with a smile, remembering not too long ago when they had been here for her leadership ceremony; now, it was her turn to be named in the eyes of StarClan.  The warmth of her mother's fluffy tail against her wind-chilled shoulder made the she-cat look up, and she purred reassuringly.  "Don't worry Mama, I'm sure StarClan won't mind if you don't know all the words.  I don't either."  

Chuckling, the petite molly crossed the threshold of Mothermouth and led the way into the darkness, following the path which was beginning to feel familiar.  Turning this way and that down the long twisting caverns, soon enough the Moonstone's light shone from ahead and Basilpaw's pace sped up until she was once more standing in the beautiful aura of the crystal.  Wide amber eyes taking it in, it seemed to her that it was shining even brighter this evening as if one had cleaned it to perfection, but she guessed it was because of the nearly full moon.  Sighing, Basilpaw turned to her mother and stood up straight and proper, like she had seen warriors do for their ceremonies.  Without Rookfire to guide them she didn't know the right words or customs, but what truly mattered was that it was happening here, in the eyes of the stars.  She remained silent, waiting for her mother to speak with a calm smile on her no longer kit-like face.  She had grown in all ways, blossomed into her true purpose, and Basilpaw was ready to show that to the whole world.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Nov 2021 - 20:20

Murkystar smiled gratefully at her daughter as she reassured her, following close behind as they traced their way through the tunnels to the Moonstone. When they finally reached the cavern, it was brightly lit, the light of the nearly full moon seeming to lend it strength. Good, she thought, the best for her daughter. When she looked to Basilpaw, sitting straight properly, Murkystar found no traces of the little kit she had once known, and momentarily choked. Her daughter was about to be named a full medicine cat, she was grown. Her heart longed for her other siblings to have been able to do the same, and hoped that they were watching over both of them as she sat and pulled herself together, lifting her voice to their ancestors. "I, Murkystar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon... Our ancestors, to look down on this medicine cat apprentice. She has worked hard to train in the ways of a medicine cat, and I commend her efforts by presenting her to you with the belief that she is ready to become a full medicine cat in her turn. Basilpaw, do you acknowledge this step, and agree to follow the path of a medicine cat, treating and caring for the wounded of your clan, and lending a helping paw to those in need?" She asked, waiting patiently for the response she knew would come.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Nov 2021 - 21:33

With every word Murkystar spoke into the chilly underground air, Basilpaw felt the breath stolen from her lungs, seemingly vaporizing into nothing as a strange and exhilarating lightness overcame her usually weighted chest.  It reminded her of StarClan's magic, the way her physical limitations vanished as soon as she entered their realm to dream, but it was still something different.  Something perfectly ordinary; pure happiness.  Despite her efforts to seem prim and proper, a wide joyful grin slowly appeared on Basilpaw's face, making her eyes glitter like starlight as the Moonstone bathed her fur silver.  She had never felt more confident, more proud, more alive than she did as she said her next words, tiny tears brimming at the corners of her amber eyes as she nodded and meowed; "Yes, I do, with all my heart!"

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 3:23

Murkystar smiled as Basilpaw confirmed her dedication, and paused for a moment before continuing. "Then it is my honor to officially commend you to StarClan as a medicine cat. Basilpaw, with StarClan's blessing, from this day forward you will be known as Basilbloom. May you heal and guide our clan for many moons to come. Now... Go meet with StarClan, so they can receive you, Basilbloom." She purred, nuzzling her daughter's head briefly before stepping away to give her space to maneuver.

In the star-lit marshes of StarClan, a calico she-cat waited patiently for the newly named medicine cat to arrive. The white hairs streaking through her pelt spoke to her age and experience, her white-tipped tail wrapped nearly around her paws a sight the forest hadn't seen in some moons, but was likely to still remember if they thought hard enough.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 19:39

As her new name was spoken aloud for the first time, the young tortoiseshell felt a shiver run down her spine. Basilbloom...that beautiful name would be the one she would carry with her for the rest of her life, through all the trials and journies she would take. She would always be Basilbloom, ShadowClan's medicine cat, and she couldn't be any more grateful. With an excited little laugh, Basilbloom flashed her mother a swift thankful smile and nuzzled her shoulder before trotting up to the Moonstone, laying down and touching her nose to it's surface.

When she awoke, that familiar feeling of calm weightlessness in her chest cavity returned, and she knew that she was standing in StarClan's territory once more. Opening her eyes, she recognized the same marshland where she had first met the WindClan she-cat during her apprentice ceremony, and she wondered for a brief moment if she would see her again. Instead a different she-cat stood before her, with pretty calico fur flecked with gray and green eyes that felt welcoming and safe. She scented of herbs, a fellow medicine cat! Smiling, Basilbloom crossed the distance between them and bowed her head respectfully, purring out an enthusiastic greeting. "Hello there, it's so nice to meet you! I guess you probably already know, but I'm Basilbloom! What's your name?" The new name felt strange yet right as she spoke it, and a thrill of pride ran through her. She was finally a fully-titled medicine cat!

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 15:26

Mossbloom smiled kindly as the new medicine cat appeared, excitedly introducing herself. A flicker of pride shone in her gaze as she spoke her name, her tail curling at the familiar sound of her own name end. "My name is Mossbloom, I was the medicine cat of ThunderClan some moons ago. I retired shortly before Rookfire took you as an apprentice, I'm sorry I couldn't help with your training... I had a paw in training many of the clan's medicine cats. I regret I couldn't have a paw in yours." She mewed, a tinge of sadness pulling at her smile before she straightened. "It is my honor and joy to recognize you, Basilbloom, as a full medicine cat. StarClan acknowledges your efforts and dedication, and we look forward to watching over you and helping guide your paws as you continue to learn and cultivate your oath. You've made all of us proud, young Basilbloom." She purred, dipping her head respectfully to the new medicine cat.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 5 Dec 2021 - 1:33

Mossbloom?  Basilbloom purred, her amber eyes lighting up with pride.  It seemed she shared part of her name with an esteemed medicine cat, one whose name she'd heard before.  "Oh, it's awesome to meet you Mossbloom!  Rookfire talked about you quite often, as well as the other medicine cats.  I wish we could've met in life, I would've loved to have trained under you."  The thought of what could've been eclipsed her for a moment, an easy apprenticeship with a mentor that was always available to help, but she banished the thought as soon as they came.  Batglow had been a wonderful mentor, the best he could've been given the circumstances.  The other medicine cats had helped her as well, giving her advice on things Batglow had never learned.  In a way, she had taken knowledge from all possible sources rather than just one, and she was sure that would benefit her someday.

Basilbloom bent her head as Mossbloom accepted her, feeling her temporarily healthy heart beat a bit faster, but when she raised her head the young she-cat's expression was quizzical.  "Thank you, I will need all the guidance I can get.  You see, I made an oath to Flintstar - now Flintshard - before he stepped down as leader.  I told him that I would do all I can to become a medicine cat that will make ShadowClan proud, that will live up to his legacy.  I want to save as many cats as I can, and if I can't, I want to find ways to avoid their fates in the future.  I intend to keep that oath for as long as my frail body allows me to.  However, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to do that."  Taking a step forward, Basilbloom purred a bit sheepishly and tilted her head towards Mossbloom.  "I have ambition but no specific goal to aim for, a bit silly huh?"

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyThu 9 Dec 2021 - 18:05

Mossbloom's expression softened at Basilbloom's kind words. "I would have loved to help... But those who stepped up did a fine job of teaching you what they could." She purred, smiling at the new medicine cat. As she continued, Mossbloom listened patiently, hearing out the she-cat. "No, it's not silly at all. Sometimes, it's hard to pick any one goal, especially one that's ambitious - because who knows if it's possible? However, I have no doubt that whatever you put your mind to you will accomplish. Take each day and each injury or illness one at a time, and learn what you can to use that wisdom down the line. The time will come where you will have a goal in mind, but that time isn't quite now. Your clan needs you currently, and you need to get used to your new role, but when the time comes, follow your heart. Use your head, but follow your heart, it won't lead you astray." She mewed, her ears twitching as she sighed. "I wish we had more time... But it's time for you to wake. Your mother is waiting for you... ShadowClan is in good paws with you."

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 14 Dec 2021 - 10:13

Basilbloom listened carefully to Mossbloom's wise words, finding herself both soothed and encouraged.  The elder medicine cat was right, everything for them was one day at a time, one mission at a time, and she would always try her best with each task she could accomplish.  Perhaps one day something bigger would come along, something challenging and new, but for now, ShadowClan needed her to settle in and find her own way as a medicine cat.  Use your head, but follow your heart...  Smiling, the tortoiseshell she-cat nodded, amber eyes bright with understanding.  "Thank you Mossbloom, I hope I'll see you again soon!"  Feeling the world swirl around her, Basilbloom closed her eyes and let it sweep her away, and when next she looked around she was back in the Moonstone cavern, cold and with a heavy feeling in her chest once more.  Her spirit however burned warmer than ever before.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Basilpaw's Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 1