Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

First Steps From the Nest [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7406

First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 10:41

Hayglow wasn't surprised that Henpaw had nothing to say in response to her speech, but she was at least comforted that she seemed to accept the words as the she-cat pushed herself to her paws and started to circle the warrior, looking for an opening. Hayglow didn't turn to face the apprentice but let her eyes follow her, only spinning to face Henpaw when the she-cat let out a yowl and made a leap at the warrior. Paws hit her shoulders as Henpaw managed to make a smooth jump onto her back, causing Hayglow's legs to buckle as she dropped to the ground. The warrior's eyes flickered, taking in a deep breath before she rolled to the side in an effort to free herself from Henpaw's grip. She felt the grip loosen as she rolled back onto her paws, tail lashing in excitement as she stood to her full height and looked down at Henpaw with a warm smile. For as much Hayglow hated fighting...She had to admit there was some joy in sparring at least - knowing that no cat would be hurt...Well, minus any blows to pride that might arise.

Hayglow attempted to use Duck-and-Twist, dealing 4 damage and costing 5 stamina and attempted to break free from the hold and succeeded. Hayglow is no longer stunned.

Hayglow:
55/60 HP
135/140 SP (-5)

Henpaw:
16/20 HP (-4)
45/60 SP

First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray

Last edited by Honey Badger on Fri 13 Aug 2021 - 10:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15129

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 10:41

The member 'Honey Badger' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 Mistpe10
First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 11:46

Henpaw allowed herself a confident smirk as she held her mentor down, but it quickly changed to a look of astonishment as Hayglow twisted out of her paws. Eyes wide with excitement, she took a step back. “You gotta teach me that sometime!” Readying herself, she leapt forwards, swiping at the molly’s shoulder with both paws, attempting to mimic the warriors’ she’d seen… however, she didn’t quite have enough strength in her paws. She settled for a few more paw blows before stepping back, giving it all that she had. She knew she most likely couldn’t overpower her mentor, but she’d impress her as much as she could. She was a bit winded, now, but she’d keep fighting until her paws faltered! This was the most fun she’d had in ages! “Bring it on, Hayglow!” She confidently meowed, lashing her tail behind her. She was so ready for this, even if she was quickly tiring. Henpaw was going to show Hayglow she had the potential to be WindClan’s greatest warrior.

Henpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina. She also used Swift Strike, dealing 3 damage and costing 10 stamina and Desperate Blows, dealing 7 extra damage and costing 5 stamina. (Subracting 2 damage for Moor Runner, net damage is 16 and stamina cost 24)

Hayglow
39 (-16) HP/ 135 SP

Henpaw
16 HP/ 21 (-24) SP  
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 13:51

OOC: You can't use special moves (the moves that are red in the battle system) in a row - because you used leap-and-hold last turn, you cannot use desperate blows or swift strike - and most certainly not both in the same turn. You have to space them out with a regular attack. So, Hayglow would have only taken 5 damage in all.

IC: "Of course," Hayglow purred back as Henpaw gasped in amazement at the move, turning to brace herself as the apprentice darted forward and struck at her with paws. It was clear that Henpaw was out-matched here in nearly every aspect - Hayglow was bigger, more experienced, most likely faster...But she had to give her apprentice credit - Henpaw was trying to give it her all. As the apprentice backed off, she gave the apprentice a smile. "If you say so, Henpaw. I won't even go easy on you," she replied, before she dropped into a crouch and sprung at Henpaw, paws striking the apprentice's shoulders to easily knock her to the ground.

Hayglow used Jumping Strike on Henpaw, dealing 7 (8-1 from Moor Runner) damage and costing 7 stamina.

Hayglow:

50/60 HP
128/140 SP (-7)

Henpaw:
9/20 HP (-7)
38/60 SP

TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 14:01

OOC: aaah okay! Thanks for telling me! I’m kinda new at the fighting stuff still so advice and correction is greatly appreciated!

IC: Henpaw let out an ”Ooof” as she was forced to the ground. “That’s how a WindClan cat learns!” She mewed, rolling back and springing to her paws… before stumbling over a rock and hitting the ground hard enough to drive the breath from her lungs. She was about to clamber back to her paws when an idea hit her, and she stayed till, sprawled out… until… with a yowl, Henpaw surged up once Hayglow came close enough, hitting her mentor hard and with force, giving it everything she had, as this would likely be her last chance- Hayglow, even if she didn’t like fighting, was clearly capable.

Henpaw battered Hayglow as best she could, adrenaline surging through her body. Her heart hammered in her chest, and her eyes shone with excitement. This was far better than sparring with her siblings. She’d have to make a point of sparring with warriors more experienced than her. She’d learn far more that way, she was sure!

Henpaw used Play Ded and Desperate Blows, dealing 16 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Hayglow
34 (-16) HP/ 128 SP

Henpaw
9 HP/ 28 (-10) SP  
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 14:10

OOC: Of course! This is what these training topics are for of course~

IC: Hayglow took a step back as Henpaw rolled away - being sure to give her apprentice enough room to scramble on her feet but was taken aback when Henpaw tripped, hitting the ground rather hard. There was a long silence as Hayglow stood there with wide eyes, only comfortable by the fact that she could still see Henpaw breathing before she took a few nervous steps forward - then a yowl startled her as Henpaw shot to her paws and threw herself at her mentor. To her surprise, a laugh escaped Hayglow as Henpaw batted at her, eyes glimmering with a smile. "My, my! You are very good at this! ...But not good enough yet," she added as she reared onto her back paws and brought her front paws down upon the apprentice. Normally this type of move would be aimed toward Henpaw's head but she instead brought her weight down onto Henpaw's shoulders, pushing the apprentice to the ground and pinning for her a few heartbeats before finally Hayglow stepped back, certain that she was the victor of this fight. "Y'know, I think you and Muddyleap will get along well. Perhaps next time we work on sparing, I can bring him in - he is far more interesting in fighting than I am...Besides, he is your half-brother after all."

Hayglow used Upright Lock on Henpaw, dealing 9 (10-1 from Moor Runner) damage and costing 20 stamina.

Hayglow:

34/60 HP
108/140 SP (-20)

Henpaw:

0/20 HP (-9)
28/60 SP

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 17:17

Henpaw grinned in confidence as her mentor complimented her… although it quickly dissipated as Hayglow brought her paws down on the calico’s shoulders, bringing her to the ground. Henpaw took a deep breath before rising back to her paws with a grin. She’d never been defeated by her siblings in their play fights, not even when they surprised her. Losing… was actually more fun than winning. She knew there was more she could do, and that she’d keep coming back until she could defeat Hayglow. “You’re a good fighter! I’d love to spar with Muddyleap! I should definitely ask him, yeah! What can I improve on?”

That was the important part. “When one part of my strategy tripped itself up (when you slipped outa my grasp), the rest of it followed. How do I prevent that? And how the stars did you slip from underneath my paws like that? It was awesome!” She knew that, if this was a real fight, she’d have done some damage before being forced to back off. That was encouraging. She did need to work on building up stamina, though. She’d been wiped out by the later stages of the spar. It was worth it though, every bit of it. This was the most fun she’d had in ages.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 17:35

Hayglow fell onto her haunches as Henpaw spoke up, giving her pelt a shake as she thought back on the fight. What did Henpaw need to improve on, before she paused as Henpaw then suddenly asked about when Hayglow had twisted her way out of the apprentice's grasp. "Oh! Well, when you have a cat pinning you from your back, if you drop to the ground and roll to the side, chances are they will be thrown off when they hit the ground. Its a simple move in theory, but it can be tough to preform against bigger and stronger cats - but even if you are are smaller, the movement might throw them off balance long enough for you to weasel your way out," she explained, eyes narrowed in focus. It was easier to perform the move than to explain it but she wasn't sure she had the energy for that - they could cover it in a later training session when they would actually be focusing on battle moves.

"As for preventing it...It can be tough as you will naturally be forced with them as you are gripping their back. If you notice in time, you could technically shift your weight as they fell and move yourself to pin them from their side - or jump off and quickly pin them again before they have time to rise to their paws. Fights tend to happen so fast that its hard to think of things in the moment - you have to go on feelings. Cats will slip out of your grasp - they will play injured to get you to lower your guard," she meowed, thinking back at how Henpaw had made a leap at her after she had tripped and laid there until Hayglow had worryingly stepped forward. "Battles can swing from one cats' favor to the next - you need to do what you feel is right but not be blind enough to make rash moves that can cost you the entire fight. That...Is where I tend to fail. I can panic in actual combat due to my dislike of hurting other cats. I'm willing to fight to protect myself and WindClan, but I take no pleasure in causing another cat pain and suffering, even if its to prevent that to those I care about."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Steps From the Nest [Closed]   First Steps From the Nest [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Steps From the Nest [Closed]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2