Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rosebuds in Winter (open)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

Rosebuds in Winter (open) Empty
PostSubject: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:13 am

In the center of camp, a pale molly sat, her cream fur fluffed up. She hadn't quite adapted to the... Less busy life of a nursery queen. Oftentimes, she felt her gaze draft towards the den she called home for many, many moons. A coward was what she was. She hadn't even had had the courage to attend the Gathering. "If you're upset about not going, why didn't you?"

Softbreeze turned to look at her companion, sighing softly. "I just couldn't. Especially since Beechface would be there. No doubt she'd make a mockery out of it, Wolfstar as well. Lilacstar didn't need that attention brought to her. And... And I didn't want to have to tell Spiderquill." She explained in a gentle murmur to the gentle calico, and Whisperthistle's hazel eyes softened. "I understand, but you can't hide from your problems forever."

Softbreeze made a huff in reply and bit into the rabbit, chewing the tender meat. Whisperthistle had a point, she typically did, but Softbreeze would rather fall out of existence than admit that.

Downtuft stared at Softbreeze, concern and a tad hint of fear in his eyes. Who was she speaking to? There was no cat anywhere near here, and he could see and faintly hear her speaking. This wasn't normal, he was certain.

Please note Whisperthistle is a creation of Softbreeze's subconscious mind! She believes Whisper is a real cat, and will speak of her as so. Nobody can see, nor hear Whisperthistle, and so it appears Softbreeze is... Talking to herself.

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptyTue May 11, 2021 3:03 am

A gray-furred blur hurried into the camp with a nice, plump rabbit hanging from his jaws. Silverpaw had been attempting to catch something since the very early morning and had finally succeeded in his endeavors. He wasn't that good of a hunter but he was getting there. A bit more practice and he'll be catching prey quicker. He was rather proud of his catch anyway and was eager to take it back and possibly give it to somebody. The tom scanned the surroundings as to see if he could spot a potential cat to give it to. His gaze fell on two familiar figures enjoying themselves in the center of the camp. Silverpaw hadn't had a good chance to strike up a conversation with such respectable cats like Downtuft and Softbreeze. This seemed like a real good chance to do so. He was definitely going to pursue it.

The young tom briskly made his way over to the pair and once he got close enough, put his catch down and offered the two a warm, polite smile. "Hello and good day to you both, Softbreeze and Downtuft. How are ya both doing today? I hope everything's been treating you swell. I just got back from hunting and caught a real nice rabbit. Would either of you like it? I understand if not! I just thought I'd offer just in case." As the apprentice awaited a response from either of them, he noticed that Softbreeze was already eating. Oops. He hadn't noticed her meal until now and he felt a little embarrassed for that but hopefully they wouldn't really mind the mistake.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5646

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptyTue May 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Having just returned from hunting, Swiftpaw set a hare onto the fresh-kill pile and turned, bright eyes scanning the camp for a more pleasant face than that of her mentor. Gaze landing on Softbreeze, Swiftpaw padded towards the former medicine cat, but her voice made the apprentice pause. She was already in conversation it looked like... But she wasn't... talking to anyone?

Swiftpaw gave Downtuft a questioning look. It didn't seem like Softbreeze had been talking to him... And he seemed even more unnerved than she was at the she-cat talking to herself. She didn't know Downtuft all that well, other than he was clearly much closer with Softbreeze than most. Before she could say anything, another apprentice had padded over to greet them. She seen him around camp before, though they hadn't much interacted before.

"Silverpaw, right? Hey, Downtuft." She mewed, "Hey, Softbreeze." Her voice didn't betray the hint of uncertainty she felt. Whatever was going on with Softbreeze speaking to thin air, Swiftpaw wasn't sure she wanted to be involved.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Characters : (S)Spotlake (Q) Quaildock/Daris (QT) Quietstep/Herbo Deliah (SO) SoftkitDead/inactive: Lola, Deerfrost, Hoosier, Snowmud, Nightwolf
Clan/Rank : WC tier 5 warrior, TC tier 2 warrior, SKC Tier 1 warrior
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1411

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptyTue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Spotlake watched from the sunny spot she was laying in, as Softbreeze appeared to be talking to some cat. It was definitely not Downtuft, seeing as how he wasn't replying to anything Softbreeze was saying, and the concerned look on his face. It was definitely not any of the queens, seeing as how they used the nice day as a get away from the nursery. So then.... who in Starclan was she talking to?

Well now most likely Silverpaw and Swiftpaw, seeing as how the apprentices approached her. Spotlake wondered if the two apprentices noticed Softbreeze talking to nobody. Well might as well find out, if the apprentices are brave enough to ask. Spotlake let out a sigh, before standing up, and padding over to the other cats, waving her tail in greeting. "Hello guys. Hope your enjoying the day so far. Seems like it's been a good one for hunting." She meowed, stealing a glance towards the hare Silverpaw set down. "Say Softbreeze, who was it you were talking to?" Spotlake then asked. She honestly hoped that Softbreeze wouldn't say 'The air', and that the cat she was talking to would show themselves.

Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptySat May 15, 2021 2:05 pm

Softbreeze knew Whisperthistle was a shy cat, so when Silverpaw approached, she nodded go her, giving her permission to leave. It was a good thing too, because almost immediately after Swiftpaw and Spotlake joined them. Blinking, she turned back to where Whisperthistle was, but it seemed the calico hadn't wasted time in departing. "Swift! Good morning, dear. Thank you for the offer, Silverpaw, but I just ate. It was sweet of you to think of me, though." When Spotlake sat beside them, Softbreeze purred. It was easier to put up her happy facade in camp these days, as the camp wasn't filled with the sorrow that seemed to linger during the Asylum's reign.

"Good morning, Spotlake. How're you?" She asked, and then blinked as the calico asked who she'd been speaking with. Ah, Whisperthistle had left so suddenly she was probably confused. "Whisperthistle and I were just chatting. She's rather shy, and annoying at times, but she has a good heart." The former medicine cat explained, rolling her eyes, though it was clear she seemed to like this Whisperthistle, as she described her.

Downtuft nodded towards Silverpaw. "Thanks, Silverpaw. Would you like to share?" He asked, and uncomfortably looked at Softbreeze. She... Wasn't okay. Spotlake and Swiftpaw joined them, and the calico queen seemed to be the only one who could muster up the courage and ask her the question that burned in his mind. His sister went on to explain who she was talking to, and concern highlighted his green eyes. Who... Who was Whisperthistle? He didn't know any cat by that name...

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptySun May 16, 2021 5:55 am

As more cats began to join them, Silverpaw reflected on what Spotlake was saying. He had noticed Softbreeze's peculiar chatter but had brushed it off as her talking to Downtuft and him just listening but the more he thought about it, the more strange and worrying the whole situation became. It was making Silverpaw a bit uneasy but he didn't outwardly show it. He didn't want to offend Softbreeze.

To distract himself for the moment, the apprentice smiled a polite greeting to Spotlake then he turned to Swiftpaw and nodded an affirmative. "Yeah! That's right. You're Swiftpaw. I remember being one of the first to congratulate you on your apprentice ceremony." The older apprentice left it at that and gave the she-cat a grin before turning his attention back to Softbreeze and Downtuft noting that they begun to address him.

"That's alright, Softbreeze. I hadn't noticed that you'd been eating until I offered." he replied with a bit of a sheepish smile. The young tom then turned to speak to Downtuft, "No problem!... Oh! If that's alright with you, then I'd like to! I haven't had something to eat yet since I got a bit too eager to start hunting. I don't normally do that but it can happen from time to time." Once finished speaking, Silverpaw gently pushed his catch over to the older tom and settled down to a position where he could comfortably eat.

The gray apprentice allowed Downtuft to start eating first and in the meanwhile, he decided on trying to get an answer for a question that's been plaguing his mind since Softbreeze's puzzling response to Spotlake. "Softbreeze... I'm sorry if it's a rude thing to ask but I was wondering, who's Whisperthistle? I don't know anyone named that and was hoping maybe you could tell more about her? I hope that's okay..."

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5646

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptyMon May 17, 2021 6:44 pm

Soon enough another she-cat was joining them, one of the older warriors, Swiftpaw thought. She offered a friendly smile by way of greeting. It had been a good day for hunting, it seemed.

"Thanks, I'm... still getting used to things." Swiftpaw offered apologetically. She'd been so caught up in her apprentice ceremony that most of the congratulations had gone over her head. She needed to pay more attention.

Softbreeze explained who she had been talking to, and Swiftpaw shot a discreet, if slightly uncomfortable, look at Downtuft and Spotlake.

"I thought I was getting better with learning everyone's names and faces, guess not. I didn't even see this Whisperthistle leave." Swiftpaw shrugged, though once again looked to Downtuft- and Spotlake- in confusion. She was certain nobody had been actually standing there with Softbreeze. She'd bet all the rabbits on the moor on it, even.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:27 am

Eagleheart looked at Softbreeze in pity as she had been laying near the she-cat for some time now not saying anything. "There are lot's of new faces in Windclan and perhaps with all of the excitement you didn't see this Whisperthistle leave." she suggested. She herself had seen no such cat, but perhaps it was something of a playmate: like one she had when she was younger. Yes, an imaginary friend to keep herself company. She looked at the prey cocking her head. "If we have all eaten here, I suggest that you take that to the nursery or to the fresh-kill pile. We can't have that laying around the camp so that some cat might trip over it."
Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Characters : (S)Spotlake (Q) Quaildock/Daris (QT) Quietstep/Herbo Deliah (SO) SoftkitDead/inactive: Lola, Deerfrost, Hoosier, Snowmud, Nightwolf
Clan/Rank : WC tier 5 warrior, TC tier 2 warrior, SKC Tier 1 warrior
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1411

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) EmptySat May 22, 2021 9:59 am

"Whisperthistle huh? I've never seen her around before." Meowed Spotlake, her eyes flickering with concern with hints of concern. She's never seen any cat with that exact name before, or any name similar to that. And Spotlake's seen a lot of cats.

Would that mean that Softbreeze made herself an imaginary friend? And if so, why? Was Softbreeze okay? Was the former medicine cat lonely?

Spotlake was brought out of her pondering by Eagletalon's voice. "OH! Hello Eagletalon. I didn't notice you there." Spotlake said warmly to the younger warrior.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosebuds in Winter (open)   Rosebuds in Winter (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rosebuds in Winter (open)
Page 1 of 1