Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

to clear the air

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

to clear the air Empty
Postto clear the air

grizz asked me to wait til after he posted to say anything, to see if i still wanted to, and i absolutely still do. i want y'all to hear things from my perspective.

now that it's been a few days, now that i've calmed down, i'm not coming back any time soon, if ever, if that's what you were hoping, but i do have some things to say.

regarding my results, i want to say that if you felt that i was trying to shut down your plots, i wished that i had been told. i would have tried to work with you on that, because, i promise, i wasn't trying to stifle anyone's creativity. all i wanted was a little time to settle into my first high rank position before i got flooded with plots to interact with, and i'm sorry if that came across as me trying to stifle anyone's fun.

as well, for people mentioning my activity, all i ask is that it be remembered that i am a full time student, and on top of that, i have a job. the fact that i still made as much time as i did for wcc should have been seen as a testament to how much i care about this place, and i hope that i can be remembered for that.

the reason i left, im sure you all know by now, was because i was getting demoted, as my high rank survey results were less than ideal. all i'd wanted was a chance to publicly respond to them and actually have a chance to make amends before being instantly demoted, but i wasn't given the courtesy.

i only got as upset as i did because i expected to actually have the chance to make things right regarding my results. i got as upset as i did because i was denied that chance to make a public change, to prove that i was listening to people, to prove that i was a good leader.
when staff denied me that chance, it wounded me, knowing that i wouldn't be able to try to make things right before being unceremoniously kicked to the curb, especially for a reason that could've easily been amended.

that's really it, i dont know what else to say than that i poured my heart and soul into windclan, i love it with all of my heart, and i wanted nothing more than for windclan to flourish.
whoever ends up being olive's successor, i wish you luck [and please don't go back on everything olive and i worked towards ;;]

if you wanna stay in contact on discord, go for it. i'll miss this place, though, the way that everything happened in the past few days has really left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

to clear the air :: Comments

Grizzly
Re: to clear the air
Post Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 16:59 by Grizzly
Thank you for being patient. I'm sorry that staff was not communicative with you in the months leading up to this survey. I know that there was a better way to address this and that we jumped the shark, and I speak for everyone when I say we don't want to see this happen again. I know this has been a recurring concern of yours and a few other people who didn't feel comfortable talking to us about things that are important to the wellbeing of the site, and we are trying to open up better lines of communication so that we can avoid a buildup of miscommunications in the future. I hope you understand that we didn't mean any ill will towards you, your characters, or your place on the site.

My Discord DMs are open if you need anything or want to talk about things, that goes for everyone.
Maple
Post Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 19:11 by Maple
though I pretty much echo everything that Grizz said above, I'd like to acknowledge this myself as well. like Grizz has already mentioned, none of us would like to see this happen again. there was a much better way to handle all of this, and I apologize that we admittedly dropped the ball in that aspect during all of this. as Grizz said, we're working on communicating more effectively with everyone and in the future, we hope that will resolve issues like this on before they start. it's been said several times already, but should you wish to return to the site, we'll welcome you with open arms. we never acted with the intent to hurt you or anyone else, but that was an outcome of all of this- and for that I am sorry.

remember if you need anything, we're all here- dm me if you need me for any reason <3
Post  by Sponsored content

to clear the air

Page 1 of 1