Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ripped's Staff Survey Results (and response)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ripped's Staff Survey Results (and response) Empty
PostRipped's Staff Survey Results (and response)

I want to preface this by saying that I tend to come off a little blunt at times. I’m very business minded and seek to get the job done and often overanalyze things but I am entirely honest in everything I say below and hope that someone finds any little bit of helpfulness in this.

Expectations Pie Chart:

Social Activity Chart:

Roleplay Activity:

Comments: Generally the feedback was warm and welcoming, I haven’t been back on staff long enough for people to have many issues with me yet. I appreciate those who said kind words and I want to serve you all well by trying to continue down a path where I can contribute to the site and make everyone feel welcome, along with making the rp experience enjoyable. There were still a couple of comments I did want to take the time to address, though, because I mulled over them for a while and believe it is most respectful towards those who took the time to answer that I respond.

“You partacked in the WindClan Deputy drama and I don't agree with that, however, many did so I can't hold it against you. However, I will say as staff you shouldn't have taken any sides. Especially not the side agreeing with the lack of communication.”

I want to preface this by saying that on this particular matter, I did exactly what was asked of the parties involved. I did reach out and privately have conversations, conversations which expressed those involved in making the decisions understood that their decisions would stir up some issues. I do not believe the thread that happened was the cause of the issue, but rather a difference in opinions on how deputy regulations and selections would be handled. I believe it was (for the most part) an honest and respectful thread that sought to critique what was going on. As mentioned above, it was known that there would be some issues with the decision being made. The thread was not made to provide any critique on any particular person or people, but rather express disappointment and disagreement with something that was deemed an issue. I believe it was meant to be presented to those making the decision, the site and their opinions,  and staff as well.

A little history: Guest comment ability was something that was brought about by Holly and I bringing feedback to those who were on staff at the time. The goal of it was to make users feel more comfortable bringing their concerns forward without having the pressure of the idea that their opinions and beliefs would change other’s opinions of them (something brought into question by the demand the person with these thoughts come forward, and the results were as expected). I think this allows a space for those who don’t feel comfortable directly approaching staff. While I have seen it blatantly abused in the past, it does not exist for inappropriate harassment but rather critical feedback and discussion. I believe this issue falls under that and was approached in a wonderful manner by a majority of people who sought only to bring the circumstances of the selection into question, rather than those involved themselves. I am glad to see it be used and am grateful for the fact this exists.

One last remark for here - I do not believe that having a differing opinion specifically makes me a worse person or less qualified to handle a position in staff, especially for something that happened prior to me being staff. Of course, I do take feedback seriously and keep these things in mind but I don’t find it reasonable that this bear any impact on me as a staff member since there is hardly a connection between the two. As stated above in my explanation of the Guest comment ability, I also don’t believe that my opinions are that of someone who promotes lack of communication. Guest commenting is a perfectly valid form of communication, and the staff survey is a perfect example of that. I seek open communication and conversations with all people. I quite literally am always open for discussion, and always will be as I continue my time on the site and staff.

“She’s okay, but she needs to take a step back and re-evaluate her friendship with Lemon, as their behavior as a moderator is hostile at best. Ripped should remain as a moderator.”

I want to remark on this comment because it is something that struck a cord with me. I always try to be upfront and honest with people, and ask they do the same for me. Like what was stated above for the first comment, I do not think it is fair to apply something that is a non-factor to this situation. My friendships and relations to other users do not bear an impact on the way I approach situations or make my decisions for me. I think it is important that I express this so that you will all know. If I have an issue with something that a friend is doing or believe it was wrong, I will contact them directly and discuss it in an honest manner. Everything that I do and every decision I make, I seek to look at from a critical and third party perspective, no matter how deeply entrenched in the event on a personal level. That being said, my decisions are then determined by what I believe based on mulling things over and removing myself from circumstances. I would ask in the future that if you have concerns on who I relate myself to, you keep this in mind or bring it to me if you are genuinely concerned about my wellbeing. I strive to maintain relationships with all different people, regardless of backgrounds or beliefs and I hope that is something not held against me in the way I perform my duties as staff. The only place I draw the line is when people are being blatantly rude or disrespecting of each other.

Thank you everyone for you feedback. I looked over every comment and remark made multiple times and considered these replies before writing them. Feedback is always welcome, staff survey or not. If anyone ever has any concerns, please reach out to me. I love this community and hope to serve it in the best way possible for a long time to come.

~ Ripped
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Ripped's Staff Survey Results (and response) :: Comments

No Comment.

Ripped's Staff Survey Results (and response)

Page 1 of 1