Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 11:16

Daisybloom woke up as the first rays of sun hit her pelt. It was always nice to be awake at dawn, before patrols started, the peace and quiet of the forest. Today, however she wasn’t awake just to relax. An apprentice had reached the stage near warrior-hood, which meant he would be taking the trip to the Moonstone, accompanied by the medicine cat, of course. Exiting the den, she stood in the warm clearing for a Monet, before quietly treading towards the apprentice den.

A bundle of herbs in her mouth, she nudged Pinepaw. ”It’s time to go to the Moonstone.” she explained in a whisper towards his ear. Then she promptly walked toward the edge of camp. Pinepaw could stretch out and get ready before meeting her where she stood.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 16:55

The sky was covered with a dense cloud, humidity thickening the air as Pinepaw awoke. It was a stuffy morning, and the apprentice found himself looking forward to a good walk. Anticipation had found its way into the tom's bones when he heard he'd be making his journey to the moonstone soon a few sunrises ago. Usually it was a sign of an upcoming warrior's ceremony. At this rate, Pinepaw would be the first to gain his name from his denmates, leaving even Batbite and Minkstream's litter behind. The idea made the tom smile as he stood up and stretched, gazing back on Thrushpaw as she slept at the far end of the ferns. While he cared deeply for his friends, Pinepaw would be the very best. He simply couldn't settle for anything less.

The tom gave Daisybloom a cheeky grin, feeling spry and positive considering his current situation. The tom quickly removed any strands of moss or fern foliage from his fur with a cutting accuracy, a motion that had been performed often in the past. Pinepaw's fur was smoothed down so that it shined even in the hazy white light. Russet paws followed Daisybloom towards the entrance to camp, not wanting to waste another second. He'd used his minutes to perfect his appearance, now it was time to perfect the journey as well. "Will we leave now, Daisybloom? I'm lookin' forward to all this."
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 7:45

Daisybloom smiled. Although she was still a bit nervous, (she always was), Pinepaw’s enthusiasm was infectious. ”We’ll leave in just a moment.“ she explained. She gave the apprentice his bundle of herbs. ”These are traveling herbs. They don’t tase amazing.” she warned. The medicine cat leaned down to eat her’s before straightening up. ”Alright, are you ready?” And they set off.

time skip

Finally reaching the tunnel she had grown to know well, Daisybloom gestured for Pinepaw to stop. ”Ok, you can have a bit to catch you breath, but whenever you’re ready, we’ll go through that tunnel, and you’re going to touch your nose to the stone. I’ll be with you if-“ she trailed off for a moment, remembering some of the bad experiences she’d had with her ancestors. Realizing that she probably was making the apprentice nervous, she faked a smile and continued. ”If anything goes wrong.” she waited for him to make his way to the glowing Moonstone.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 6:59

The knot in Pinepaw's brow only grew after eating the traveling herbs. The taste had subsided eventually, but as the two cats journeyed out into the territory, he was plagued by a different ailment. While completing his moonstone journey meant becoming a warrior, Pinepaw had failed to account for what would actually take place at Highstones. He'd speak to StarClan. The thought alone sent a shiver down the apprentice's spine as he ducked under a fern. Who would be sent to meet him?

In a way, such a thing determined his course in life. Pinepaw had heard stories of ThunderClan leaders meeting great warriors from far in the past; future medicine cats conversed with healers and gentle souls; and those who were mediocre meant with their kind. Who would Pinepaw meet with? As Daisybloom split past a bramble and onto a swath of moor, the tom imagined that perhaps ThunderClan's former leader Leopardclaw would be there to welcome him. Or maybe even Blizzardshine before him. Whoever it was, Pinepaw was sure they'd be something great. He'd wanted fame and glory ever since birth, StarClan would have no choice but to honor that.

WindClan's territory was different than anything he'd ever seen before. Of course he'd caught glimpses of the endless stretch of ryegrass on border patrols, but padding into the meadows was a different experience entirely. Breezes and gales cut through Pinepaw's russet coat, billowing over the fields like a green wave. It was beautiful, almost as much so as the stars. The sun waned into the sky as the crested the largest hill. Pinepaw dared a glance backwards and was breath taken by the sight. ThunderClan's forest - stretching out below him. It made him feel so large, so powerful, like a leader.

Highstones championed even the largest of hills, catapulting sheer pillars of stone into the sky, welcoming the moon as it followed shortly. Daisybloom spoke up for the first time in a long while, her voice full of hesitation. Pinepaw knew of the treachery StarClan had brought upon the forest. But those cats, they weren't StarClan. At least not by his parents' standards. It didn't scare the tom, no. His head was too full of thoughts about who he'd meet at the glowing stone.

They trekked into the tunnel without another word, Pinepaw's pelt prickling with odd sensations. Daisybloom's timing was impeccable, having obviously made this journey before. As soon as they'd reached the main chamber, a moonbeam split the darkness and shattered the gloom. The stone in front of Pinepaw was bathed in glorious light, reflecting shards of crystal cast in all directions of the cave. It was almost as if he didn't need to touch the moonstone to see StarClan, no, he was already here. But Pinepaw grew excited, padding through the glimmers of moon to sit before the quartz, pressing his nose to the rock without a splinter of apprehension. This was his path to greatness, and it needn't be feared.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6057

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 10:36

As Pinepaw closed his eyes, he was greeted by the form of a warrior with shimmering ginger-white fur, her amber eyes shining in the light. "Pinepaw," her voice greeted, sounding both matter-of-fact and as though she knew him rather well. "You've made your way here, then... And so, according to tradition, I am to share my wisdom with you. But before all that ceremony, I suppose I owe you an introduction, don't I?"

She sat, then, as if settling in for a long conversation; though she didn't say quite so many words as one might have expected. "My name is Emberheart," she began. "I was once a warrior of ThunderClan - that was before your time, certainly, but I do my best to keep an eye on things as any diligent warrior should. And so here we are, you and I."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Twilight Guardian
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 17:58

StarClan was majestic and breathtaking, and Pinepaw arrived with as much swiftness as his excitement could muster. A swath of silver fields splayed out before him, capped by impossibly tall trees, lush with endless Greenleaf leaves. Shimmers of starlight sparkled from every cobweb, floating just above the undergrowth with an ethereal nature. While it was all beautiful, Pinepaw found himself filled with thought. StarClan was just as pretty as silverpelt, if not more so. Pinepaw needed to be like this - he wanted his life to glow as brightly as the stars, and seeing the most beautiful sight to ever meet his eyes only further heightened his standards for himself.

His breath caught in his throat, and his paws started to prickle. When ThunderClan would look back on Pinepaw's life, would they imagine it like this? Did he glimmer like stardust and shine like grassy waves? The apprentice locked his jaw and answered his own questions. If he didn't shimmer now, then he would later. There wasn't a doubt in his mind.

A voice pulled Pinepaw's focus away from his own destiny, and he traced it to a red she-cat, starkly different than the silver surroundings. The warrior looked rather seasoned, standing with a posture of experience and yet sang with a humble demeanor as well. She introduced herself as Emberheart shortly after, and Pinepaw recognized the name. "You were a ThunderClan elder, I remember." He whispered, taking a step closer. "I never meant you, but..." The apprentice sat expectantly in front of Emberheart, tail flicking to and fro. Her name was tossed around ThunderClan, even in death. Pinepaw's mother had mentioned Emberheart, and often Oakstar would speak of her. But what had this she-cat done to earn her fame?
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6057

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 19:21

"I was many things, as most cats are at some point or another," Emberheart agreed easily. "Elder, warrior, mentor, mother... We all play many roles in life, Pinepaw, some of them more important than others. Your duties as a warrior are important, certainly, and few things rival them in importance... However, those few things do exist. My advice to you is not to forget them," she told him firmly. "Your family... That is what matters most of all. Remember that, Pinepaw."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Twilight Guardian
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 16:02

The young tom narrowed his eyes at Emberheart's statement. His family... Of course his family mattered - Pinepaw was greatful everyday for his brother and sister and parents, but it felt strange. He'd walked so far to come to the moonstone, only to be told that his life story - his advice for the rest of his living days - was not to forget his family? It frustrated the tom greatly and he stiffened a hiss, not wanting to rip Emberheart a new one before he'd thought things through. Pinepaw was going to be a great cat, his life would be one of great joy and great tragedy, the perfect story to tell to kits when he became an elder. But what did his siblings and parents have to do with it? Angered, the tom's shoulders tensed and his green eyes narrowed. "I care about my family, but... is that what you've come here to tell me? Nothing about battles or love or..." The tom trailed off with disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey   Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinepaw’s Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1