Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

New Teacher, New Student (Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frostfur

Frostfur

Taurus Pig
Number of posts : 144

New Teacher, New Student (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: New Teacher, New Student (Closed)   New Teacher, New Student (Closed) EmptySun 26 Jul 2020 - 19:17

Mistrain padded over to the apprentice’s den. She was a bit nervous about training her own niece, but Mistrain knew that she had to at least try. All the other apprentice’s were asleep, so Mistrain kept her voice quieter. Tiptoeing towards Dustpaw, she nudged her flank. “Dustpaw, time to wake up. I’ll meet you outside. You can pick up some fresh-kill on the way.” With that said, Mistrain walked out of the apprentice’s den and waited for Dustpaw to come outside. She wasn’t particularly hungry, but her apprentice sure needed the extra energy.

OOC: So this is going to fill the hunting and battle requirements. Do you know how to use the systems?

Siggy by Artistic (Arctic) Paws
Back to top Go down
Xeli

Xeli

Characters : Dustpaw (♰)
Sagittarius Cat
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: New Teacher, New Student (Closed)   New Teacher, New Student (Closed) EmptyMon 27 Jul 2020 - 22:15

Dustpaw was sound asleep until she felt a nudge at her side and almost reflexively kicked out to snag whoever dared wake her until she heard the voice of her mentor and stopped. She quietly hissed as she rolled onto her paws to get up and stretch. She said 'tomorrow' not...stupidly early in the morning 'tomorrow'. Ugh... She made her way outside and snagged a small bird from the kill pile as instructed without much complaint, food was always welcome.

"So...what exactly has you dragging me out of sleep this early? Training? Even still...did it really have to be so early? Though I guess with how the heat's been earlier could be slightly better..." Her words trailed off as she looked down at her paws, tufted and ready to make her miserable sometime soon she was sure.

OOC: No I don't really know how to use them...seems like you hit something then go back and edit the post to include it after? I'm not so sure... ^^;
Back to top Go down
Frostfur

Frostfur

Taurus Pig
Number of posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: New Teacher, New Student (Closed)   New Teacher, New Student (Closed) EmptyMon 27 Jul 2020 - 22:25

OOC: Go to home and check the hunting and battle system. I can elaborate if you still don’t understand.

Mistrain sighed. “All apprentices train around this time. We’re not ShadowClan, who hunt at night. Besides, prey is more plentiful in the morning. Now come on, let’s go.” She lead her apprentice towards the forest. “I’m going to teach you how to hunt in the trees first. Us SkyClan cats are known to be able to leap across branches. Even Bloodstrike, as heavy as he is, is a great hunter in the trees.” With that said, the newly-named warrior dug her unsheathed claws into the bark of the tree, then scrambled up. A fat robin sat in a low branch, pecking at the wood. Mistrain silently leapt onto the branch, padding closer and closer towards her catch. So far so good. It still hadn’t spotted her. Mistrain pounced towards it, slamming a paw onto the robin and killing it with a bite to the neck. “Now, there are two ways to get off a tree. Foxfire, my old mentor, taught me how to use these. You can either leap straight off the branch you already are on, or, you can leap down from one branch to another. Go ahead, try it out. I’ll be here to catch you if you slip.” Picking up her catch, Mistrain leapt down in a smooth move, landing without a sound. She dug a hole for her fresh-kill, and waited to see Dustpaw’s hunting.

Mistrain used 3 SP to catch a robin, catch was successful.

117/120

Siggy by Artistic (Arctic) Paws

Last edited by Frostfur on Mon 27 Jul 2020 - 22:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: New Teacher, New Student (Closed)   New Teacher, New Student (Closed) EmptyMon 27 Jul 2020 - 22:25

The member 'Frostfur' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

New Teacher, New Student (Closed) Mistpe10
New Teacher, New Student (Closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Xeli

Xeli

Characters : Dustpaw (♰)
Sagittarius Cat
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: New Teacher, New Student (Closed)   New Teacher, New Student (Closed) EmptyTue 28 Jul 2020 - 16:24

Dustpaw scowled a bit at Mistrain's response but didn't say much to it because it made sense...sort of. Mostly? Something like that. Her mentor wasn't wrong about the whole SkyClan being good 'tree cats'; and her father, too, being a good hunter in the trees. She watched as Mistrain scrambled up a nearby tree and catch a rather nice-looking robin and then hop down quite smoothly. To be honest, Dustpaw was a bit in awe of how smoothly her mentor had done all of that, but she was determined to see if she could do the same at her younger age.

She padded up toward another nearby tree, put a paw on it, and looked upwards into the leaves and branches. Hoping nothing big was hiding in the branches she made her way up into the tree and spied what looked to be a sparrow in a branch that was slightly higher than where she currently was, but Dustpaw was determined and figured she should be able to snag it without much issue. Her eyes zoned in on it and she slowly crept upward, making sure to not scare it away...

And then she leapt the small distance toward it and grabbed it in her jaws, squeezing a bit harder on the bird to make sure it was dead and just barely managed to grab a branch a little ways away so she didn't go crashing into the ground because of the catch. She swung a small bit as she hung from the branch, but did eventually manage to climb back up it...only for it to snap from her weight and with a not-so-great thud she landed on the ground and puffed out a bit after she did. Confused as to whether she should be happy she caught something, or upset because she didn't think when she went to catch said thing and it caused her to fall. Either way she seemed fine, if not a little bruised, it wasn't too big a fall after all. After a moment of staying in her landing spot, she looked over at Mistrain and the hole she dug for her catch as she pushed herself back onto her feet.

She cocked her head to the side. "Soo...should I dig a hole for my bird or just place it in the same hole you dug for yours?" The sight of Dustpaw was probably quite comical, fur a mess from the fall, a few leaves sticking out...and then her also trying to talk while a bird was in her mouth. In this moment she was without the 'mean' that usually followed every word or action, she was genuinely curious and quite content with herself at the moment.

Dustpaw used 3 SP to catch a sparrow, catch was successful!

SP: 77/80

Last edited by Xeli on Tue 28 Jul 2020 - 16:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: New Teacher, New Student (Closed)   New Teacher, New Student (Closed) EmptyTue 28 Jul 2020 - 16:24

The member 'Xeli' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Teacher, New Student (Closed)   New Teacher, New Student (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Teacher, New Student (Closed)
Page 1 of 1