Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sunny days, a new student [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

Sunny days, a new student [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 pm

ooc: In this topic, we will go through the hunting systems and battle systems! Sunpaw will get a chance to hunt using the dice, so this topic will count for a Hunting Patrol/Assessment requirement. After Sunpaw hunts, we will do a short predator encounter where Sunpaw will get the chance to attack, so this topic will also count for a battle requirement!

Ferretnose trotted out into the warm, open clearing with Sunpaw close by her side. "Smell the forest and become acquainted with it. If you always know what your territory smells like, you'll never accidentally find yourself in RiverClan. You'll also never get lost!" she chirped brightly. "We'll start today by hunting. ThunderClan would never be able to feed its entire clan without the help of our most important prey... squirrels! That's what we'll be hunting today. Apprentices can only eat after the elders and kits have been fed, but luckily, it's not hard to find them in Newleaf."

The older warrior peered around with her good eye and decided this was an optimal spot to begin. The sun, undergrowth, and wind were all in the pair's favor. She pressed her paw down on Sunpaw's spine to lower her to the ground. "You'll want to stay hidden for a while," she whispered softly. They stayed there for a while, watching the forest slowly come to life around them. When the squirrels slowly began to emerge, Ferretnose leaned in to Sunpaw's ear. "Listen carefully. You want your entire body both very low and very poised. You want to imagine your paws landing on the critter's back. If you keep your eyes locked on your prey, you'll never miss!"

ooc: A quick Hunting Tutorial!

When hunting, you first want to check the Hunting System page (https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t27047-hunting-system) to see what numbers you must roll to catch the prey. In Newleaf, ThunderClan cats must roll a number between 1-6 to successfully catch a squirrel.

Every time you attempt to catch prey, it costs 3 SP. Apprentices have 20 HP and 80 SP.

In order to roll the dice, click on "preview" underneath your post, click the plus next to "Dices Roll," and then choose "Hunting Dice." Then, when you make your post, it will roll the dice for you! After that, you will edit your post to say whether the hunt was failed or successful and write the SP your cat currently has.

Here's another topic as an example if you're still confused: https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t41016-the-bird-and-the-bee-closed

I'll let you know if there's something you need to fix. Don't be shy about asking for help, that's what this topic is for! I can send pictures of what to do in further depth via PM if you need it.

Sunny days, a new student [closed] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Pickle

Pickle

Characters : [{S}unpaw {B}umblekit
Clan/Rank : {S}ThunderClan apprentice {B}RiverClan kit
Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:01 am

OOC: Ok! I did read the rules so I know the basic. Sorry for the late post!

Sunpaw copied her mentor, keeping her belly low on the ground and her tail raised slightly. At times like this I wish I didn’t have a bright pelt She thought. Sunpaw spotted a squirrel and slowly stalked towards it. Then, she pounced. She trapped the squirrel between her paws and finished it off with a killing bite. Sunpaw dropped the squirrel at her mentor’s feet.

Sunpaw caught a squirrel costing 3 SP

Sunpaw:
SP: 77/80 (-3)
HP: 20/20

Last edited by Sunstripe on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15092

PostSubject: Re: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:01 am

The member 'Sunstripe' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] EmptyMon May 04, 2020 12:14 am

ooc: The battle system is a little bit more complicated, but it's okay to make mistakes, since this is a practice topic! Here's a couple pointers. The person who "spawns" the predator controls the moves the predator uses. There is always a turn system. The order is raccoon - Ferretnose - Sunpaw, so the raccoon will always hit before Ferretnose in my posts. You cannot use the same special move twice on one opponent, and when double-teaming a cat, you may not use special moves at all. If you misunderstand a move or need any other help, it's okay to ask for guidance from other members. Take your time!

Ferretnose watched with pleasure as Sunpaw caught on rather quickly to the skill of hunting. The luckiest apprentices were able to learn when squirrels ran plenty. Though these were strange times for ThunderClan, they would not go hungry. "Excellent work, dear," Ferretnose purred, eyeing up her apprentice's quick catch. "The elders will be appreciative. Everything we do, we do for them. I would quite like some young, strong-legged cats to feed me in my old age."

Something else seemed to be attracted to the sweet scent of fresh-kill. A bush rustled nearby. Ferretnose's ears perked up as she stepped around Sunpaw, shielding her from the potential danger. "Do you smell that?" she hissed, the sickening smell of mange flooding her nostrils. Ferretnose stalked forward, edging towards the smell, and was shocked to hear the violent chattering of a raccoon mere pawsteps from her face. She leaped backward, scrambling and yowling as the creature lunged at her shoulder, clamping down with its fearsome grip. She rolled, twisting free of the raccoon's jaws and making a mad dash for its ear, clamping down and wildly slashing its nose, mouth, and eyes. "Sunpaw! Make a strike!"

Raccoon used Iron Bite on Ferretnose! [-30 HP] [-20 SP]

Raccoon
30/30 HP
280/300 (-20)

Ferretnose
65/95 HP (-30)
250/250 SP

Ferretnose used Teeth Grip on the raccoon! [13 HP] [20 SP]

Raccoon
17/30 HP (-13)
280/300

Ferretnose
65/95 HP
230/250 SP (-20)

Last edited by Grizzly on Mon May 04, 2020 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15092

PostSubject: Re: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] EmptyMon May 04, 2020 12:14 am

The member 'Grizzly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Sunny days, a new student [closed] Mistpe10
Sunny days, a new student [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Pickle

Pickle

Characters : [{S}unpaw {B}umblekit
Clan/Rank : {S}ThunderClan apprentice {B}RiverClan kit
Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] EmptyMon May 04, 2020 12:21 am

OOC: Ok. Thanks!

Sunpaw turned around slowly, and almost jumped when she saw the raccoon. It attacker her mentor and she snarled in anger. “Don’t touch my mentor!” With that, she dove underneath the raccoon, not knowing what else to do. She kicked and scratched at it’s underbelly, hoping it would do some damage.

Sunpaw used belly rake, dealing 7 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Sunpaw:
SP: 70/80
HP: 20/20

Raccoon:
SP: 280/300
HP: 10/30
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] EmptySat May 09, 2020 11:31 pm

Having reached half HP, the raccoon fled!

Ferretnose hissed, batting her paws at the ring-tailed beast as it chattered and stumbled off in the opposite direction, leaving only its mangey scent behind. The older she-cat lapped at her shoulder, the metallic-tasting blood filling her mouth as she cleaned the wound. "Well, that's not good," she huffed. "But we got lucky. Skittish thing didn't even get to our freshkill! Not bad for your first crack at a raccoon."

She poked Sunpaw playfully, a musical giggle filling the air. "I'm all training-ed out for the day. Pick up your squirrel, and we'll go home. Mossbloom's gonna give me an earful for letting that thing take a bite out of me!"

ooc: Predators are the only creatures on the site that can flee a battle before their HP runs out, which is helpful if you don't feel like draining all 150 health points out of a dog. Your Hunting and Battle requirements are now both done! You can sign up for a Moonstone Journey using this topic for both spots in the form, and then Sunpaw will be eligible to become a warrior.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunny days, a new student [closed]   Sunny days, a new student [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunny days, a new student [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: