Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Springtime Flight [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptySun 3 May 2020 - 14:22

Clovertwist shrugged and nodded his head in reluctant agreement. "Yeah, that's true, it's happened before," he answered. "Usually if only a small fight starts, the Clans will break it up and whoever was involved will be sent home immediately or punished when they get back home. If it's really bad, StarClan will intervene." His voice was dark with warning. "If the truce is broken or StarClan is angered on the night of the full moon, they may send clouds to cover to moon or a storm to chase us home." At this point, who knows? Maybe they'd even send their mangy executioners to punish us on the spot, he thought darkly, but he didn't say so to Eaglepaw. "Either way, it's more than frowned upon."

Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptySun 3 May 2020 - 15:50

Eaglepaw flicked her tail. "Alright, that sounds fair." she stood up and bunched her muscles to jump onto the great rock, looked over at Clovertwist and then thought better of. "Um....if it's alright with you I would like to do battle training? Back in Windclan territory?" she asked hopefully. She wanted to get away from this depressing place where all of this plague started. "This is where it all went down isn't it Clovertwist?" she shivered and her golden tail flicked uneasily.
She could feel the spirits of their ancestors just waiting, waiting for their revenge to inflict their pain upon their descendants that had broken their presious code.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 May 2020 - 10:22

Clovertwist could see, as he was explaining the truce, how Eaglepaw eyed the Great Rock. It was one thing for a revolution-leading apprentice to jump onto the Great Rock to speak to her fellow revolutionaries, but it was another for an apprentice exploring with her mentor to leap up for a view. Not that there was anything in the warrior code against anyone but leaders being on the rock, but it felt taboo - something bad luck or dishonorable in some way. He sucked in a breath as it looked like she was about to leap up, but she caught his eye at the last moment and seemed to think better of it, her muscles all relaxing immediately. Clovertwist let out his breath in a relieved sigh. Nothing would've happened, he was certain, but it felt so weird. Eaglepaw seemed to agree and asked if they could return. Clovertwist nodded and stood, about to begin heading back, when Eaglepaw asked a question. His head ducked slightly, and he answered, "Yeah... Yeah, it is."

Then he simply turned and began leading the way out. Clovertwist rumbled, "We'll do a little bit of basic sparring, but I think that'll be enough of an outing for your first day as an apprentice. We'll have to bring your prey back to show off to our Clanmates. Don't want you asleep on your paws for that!"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 May 2020 - 20:05

OCC: for some reason it shows that I already opened this thread when I didn't.....

Eaglepaw purred as her mentor seemed to relax after the thought of jumping into the great rock had crossed her mind. There was nothing in the warrior code saying that . "How could I ever be tired when showing my first fresh-kill to my denmates?" she said a but mystified. "And I want to learn all the fighting moves that you know, and maybe even better than you." she said jokingly puffing out her chest and then dashing out ahead of her mentor to beat him to the little fresh-kill pile they had assembled. "Beat you there!" she yowled over her shoulder at her mentor.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 20:00

ooc; Ah, I hate when that happens. Btw, I usually like to pretend that our characters at least interact every day and maybe train every other day even though there's not really time to roleplay every day. I feel like it's more realistic to assume Clover would see Eagle every day than to assume this was their only time interacting. Is that alright with you?

ic;

Clovertwist chuckled, purring with amusement and fondness as Eaglepaw shared her ambition of becoming a more skilled fighter than he was. "Well, you've got your tail on straight - that's a good step over me," he teased, waving his own crimped tail. Suddenly Eaglepaw burst forward with a bolt of speed, and Clovertwist laughed when she challenged him to a race. "We'll see!" he called back, immediately bolting off after her. She had gotten a good head start, and Clovertwist could only hope that his greater experience and longer time out on the moors would let him make up the gap. He pushed deep and dug his claws in, launching himself forward.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 May 2020 - 15:23

OCC: That is completely fine with me!

Eaglepaw looked back to see her mentor Clovertwist launch himself after her in an attempt to win even though she had had a major headstart. "I am going to win!" she yowled over her shoulder and leaped over a rabbit hole that had been looming in front of her as she had been running out on the open moor. Eaglepaw smiled with delight at the simply pleasure of just being able to run with the wind in her fur and the moor grass and heather under her claws.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 May 2020 - 23:32

The gap was closing between Clovertwist and Eaglepaw, but so was the gap betwen the racing cats and their goal. The warrior could feel his heart pounding with effort and exhilaration. When his apprentice cried over her shoulder that she'd beat him, he laughed once but didn't reply. He watched her leap over a rabbit hole - attentively and skillfully - and did the same, pleased by how quickly she'd learned. Closer, closer they came... until the prey was at Eaglepaw's feet, and Clovertwist skidded to a halt just behind her. "Ah, rabbit-fur," Clovertwist cursed playfully, panting and catching his breath. He grinned proudly at Eaglepaw, giving her a congratulatory nod.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 May 2020 - 18:43

Eaglepaw flicked her ears forward and looked at her mentor who had just cursed. "Did you just-" she broke herself off in time for not to challenge her mentor, even if he did just curse which was highly unlikely. She purred and looked down at the dead rabbit. "Should we take this back to camp?" she wasn't even slightly out of breath, she felt like the run had just woken her up and that she could run for miles along the open moor. As she looked down at the rabbit, she felt a twig of remorse for the rabbit's life. "How about we do something else instead of going back to the hollow?" she suggested.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 May 2020 - 20:41

Clovertwist only gave Eaglepaw a mischievous grin as she considered questioning him, and he snorted to his own amusement when she ultimately decided against it. His apprentice turned to the rabbit, and Clovertwist turned to pick up the hare he'd started with, ready to carry it back home; however, he paused when Eaglepaw hesitated. He turned to her curiously, and flicked his ears when she asked if they could do something else first. Clovertwist nodded agreeably and answered, "If you've got the energy, yeah, let's do it! What do you think about learning some battle moves?" Some warning in the back of his mind told him Eaglepaw might need that before newleaf ended.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 May 2020 - 22:21

Eaglepaw's golden eyes lite up with excitement. "Yes please! The older apprentice's used to practice their battle moves in the clearing and I would watch them and it would be so exciting to see how cat's fight and how to beat your opponent!" Eaglepaw forgot that she was talking to an older cat of Windclan, so of course he knew that all of this happened in the clearing everyday. The kit's tumbled around, the apprentices mock fought, the queens and elder's sunned themselves in the heat of the rays, the warrior's gossiped about what happened the night before. Eaglepaw sighed as she realized that her mind had drifted off and that Clovertwist was waiting for her to get back on the moor's earth. "Yes, I would like that." she said coolly, after all she was not a kit anymore so she couldn't act all excited. She needed to start acting serious, well, in a little while. As the elder's always said, be young while you still have the bones for it.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 12:16

Clovertwist laughed and purred with amusement, nodding in agreement. His whiskers twitched when he noticed Eaglepaw getting distracted, but she quickly brought herself back, trying to reign in her energy. He chuckled, meowing, "Well, it's a good time to learn. You figured out the hunting crouch like a natural, so learning some battle stances should be easy." Clovertwist nodded his head to a good flat hole-free patch of land a few tail-lengths away from them and walked towards it before turning to Eaglepaw. "I want you to leap at me, alright?" Clovertwist instructed, crooked tail waving. He fully intended to leap out of her way and then teach her how to guess which way her enemy might try to dodge.

ooc; We can use the battle system if you'd like, but it won't count for your requirements because the battle needs an enemy predator or cat. If you want to just roleplay it that's fine. ^^ Also! We have our threads with Fang and the one I made for Clover/Eagle on the day before the Gathering ready for you. :)

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptySat 9 May 2020 - 18:27

OCC: sorry about not responding, for some reason it says that I already responded to these threads....

Eaglepaw nodded at Clovertwist and narrowed her eyes. She leaped at him, but kept one of her back paws on the ground to swerve if need be. She had seen some of the warrior's do this when she had snuck out of camp.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptySun 10 May 2020 - 20:47

Clovertwist's apprentice was ready for the task, and he nodded encouragingly as she charged at him. Perhaps she thought she was clever, but she gave herself away with her shift as she leaped, showing she would try to twist after him. The experienced warrior ducked her blow and, with fabled WindClan speed, swept Eaglepaw's hind leg out from under her, flipping her off-balance so she couldn't get at him. Clovertwist mrrowed proudly as he turned to her, "You cheeky kit! You really have been watching the warriors train, huh?" He laughed, and he continued, "That's a good move to remember, but your form needs a little work. I saw what you were gonna do from your stance. You leaned a little too far, and that gave you away and might've made it so you couldn't turn after me in time. Does that make sense?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 21:30

Eaglepaw scrambled up from where she was laying in the dirt and shook herself. "Thank makes sense Clovertwist." she flicked her tail. "how do I change my form so that I can beat my opponents?" she asked suddenly and then caught on how Clovertwist had called her a 'cheeky kit.' "I am not a cheek kit anymore! I am an apprentice of Windclan!" she said puffing out her chest.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 EmptySun 17 May 2020 - 10:05

Clovertwist watched Eaglepaw recover, pleased to hear that she seemed to understand his advice. He was about to reply to her question when sudden a hot look of indignance flashed over her face, and she protested being called a cheeky kit. The silver tabby warrior laughed, kinked tail trying to curl with amusement and only managing to fling awkwardly, and he corrected, "You are a cheeky apprentice of WindClan." He shook his head, still chuckling, and then moved to her side. "Yeah, so like I said, you just leaned a little bit too far and so I could guess what you were gonna do. Less experienced cats won't be able to pick up on that, but unfortunately you tried to use it on me! We'll get it in good shape. You want to either try to not lean, or you want to lean the opposite way - a feint, to make your opponent think you're going one way when you'll be going another." He reared up onto his hind legs, wobbly in his balance because of his tail, and tried his best to demonstrate.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Springtime Flight [closed]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: