Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Springtime Flight [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Springtime Flight [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:47

The day before, Clovertwist had been assigned an apprentice, and despite all the chaos the Clan was enduring he intended to be a good mentor for young Eaglepaw. Training her the best that he could was the greatest way to try to keep her safe and to strengthen the Clan. Besides, he intended to make good on his promise to her that they'd begin training. It was only shortly after dawn as Clovertwist approached the apprentices den, his silver tabby fur well groomed and shining in the morning light. He peered in and immediately spotted the distinct ticked tabby pelt of the newly named she-cat, and he murmured in past the other sleeping apprentices, "Eaglepaw? You up?"

Springtime Flight [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 10:00

OCC: I saw the PM and just had to respond right away!

Eaglepaw popped her golden head up when her mentor called her. A moment later she bounced out of the den excited to see what she was going to do today. Her mentor seemed like a good cat, always getting up at the crack of sunup and willing to do lots of things with other cats. "Morning Clovertwist!" she chirped. "What are we going to do today?"
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 11:13

The tom was perfectly willing to tiptoe past the other cats to get to Eaglepaw if necessary, but he was grateful to see her head perk up right away to spare him the trouble. Clovertwist backed his head out of the den, a thrill of excitement stirring in his belly to think that soon he would be training with his new apprentice. A moment later Eaglepaw had joined him in the sunlight, and Clovertwist noted with pleasure that she seemed full of energy and enthusiasm despite the earliness of their training. "Morning, Eaglepaw! We're gonna see the territory!" he answered her brightly. His kinked tail twitched, and he added, "It's a big one, so I hope you slept well!"

He turned about on his hind paws and began to head towards the exit of camp. "The birds are out picking up the bugs before it's too hot, so if we're lucky we might even be able to hunt on the way," Clovertwist told her cheerily as he pulled into the tunnel exiting the camp.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 13:15

Eaglepaw dashed out of the camp ahead of Clowertwist and scared some of the birds away. "I am finally out of camp!" she yowled. In her enthusiem, she forgot to be quiet so that she didn't scare away any of the prey. "Clovertwist, come on!" she shouted and ran ahead of him to see what she could find. "I am going to be the best hunter and fighter there every was in this clan!"
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 13:50

Clovertwist mrrowed with laughter as his apprentice surged out of the tunnel before him, bursting into the daylight on the moors with a yowl of excitement. He watched the startled birds flutter away, crying out with alarm, but their chirping would have faded by the time Eaglepaw and Clovertwist were ready to try hunting. He chuckled and followed at brisk pace as Eaglepaw bounded off. After a moment he called, "Hey, slow down! You won't catch anything if your prey can hear you coming from across a hill!"

Lengthening his strides, the silver tabby tom quickly raced to her side again. "Besides, you need to be careful on the moor! You know how we hunt rabbits? That means there are rabbit holes. If you don't watch where you put your paws, you could really hurt your leg. Why don't you sniff around and see if you can find a rabbit hole? I promise there are several nearby." He waved his jagged tail to signal she could start anywhere.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 17:53

Eaglepaw looked slightly embarrassed that she had not remembered that as the new apprentice of Windclan. "Well," she stepped and spotted a hole in the ground a few meters away. "Right there!" she said pointing with her muzzle. (Or at least I hope that is a rabbit hole and not a snake hole)
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 11:25

Clovertwist hoped Eaglepaw didn't feel too bad about being corrected so early in their training, but safety was important since threats could come from above and below on the moors. Thankfully, she seemed just the right amount of chastised, and he accompanied her as she began to intently scout out her target. Clovertwist approached when she gestured to a hole in the ground, and one look confirmed she'd found one. "Yup! That's a rabbit hole. Take a good look," he instructed warmly. "These can trip you up sometimes, but they're also some of the best parts of the Clan. They are home to rabbits and hares, obviously, but have you heard about the tunnels under the moor?" Clovertwist's eyes sparkled with excitement; his father would've loved to talk about this.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 6:26

Eaglekit kinked her tail and then flicked it straightening out a little bit. "Well, the other kits used to talk about the tunnels but I thought that they were just stories for the younger kit's to amuse themsesvles with?"
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 7:51

The silver tabby tom chuckled and shook his head at Eaglepaw's reply. "Nope, they're real! WindClan's lands have been home to a bunch of tunnels since before WindClan even was a Clan. Our ancestors trained long and hard to learn to use the tunnels, and now we're the masters of the moors - above and below the earth." Clovertwist turned and found one of the known entrances to the many tunnels, crouching beside it and signaling for Eaglepaw to do the same. "We patrol them as tunneling teams - never alone. That's the first and most important rule of tunneling. They're extremely dangerous even if you're an experienced tunneler. My sister, Goldengale, nearly died in a tunnel collapse, as did Ploverpuddle and Grousefrost." His heart throbbed with pain as he added silently, My brother Quailpaw never made it out.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 18:34

OCC: Sorry, apparently it didn't show in my 'watched topics'

Eaglepaw flicked her ears forward. "Can we go into the tunnels? I would like to explore and get to know the territory better and become a better warrior." she paused. "The best warrior that I can."
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptySat 25 Apr 2020 - 8:15

ooc;; No problem! It happens. <3 Do you want or need any help to use the hunting system here? I'm happy to explain anything you need! If you understand it, you can roll the dice with your post to try to catch something; if you need help, just do a regular post and I can explain in my next post!

ic;;

Clovertwist's attention was immediately drawn from his thoughts. The silver tabby tom shook his head. "Sorry, Eaglepaw, not today. In a day or two we'll get a group together for a tunnel patrol to teach you tunneling, but we need to find your paws on the moors first!" he answered. His tail waved to their surroundings. "I mentioned we might hunt, so let's do that. Some of our hunting skills can help get you ready for the tunnels." Clovertwist first demonstrated the best position for stalking, rumbling, "We usually use our speed to outrun and overtake our prey, but sometimes if we're too far away or if we're in a bad position we need to be able to prowl to get where we want without the prey escaping. Try to do what I do." He stalked around for a bit, trying to watch to see what Eaglepaw did.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptySat 25 Apr 2020 - 9:17

OCC: if you could explain that would be great....I checked it out and that made no sense to me whatsoever.

Eaglepaw nodded and crouched down to copy what her mentor had shown her. Suddenly, she tensed up and pricked her ears up. "Can I catch some prey Clovertwist? I want to bring back some prey for the clan today."
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptySat 25 Apr 2020 - 10:12

ooc; No worries - I will show an example and explain how I did it!

ic;

Clovertwist was satisfied with Eaglepaw's stalking, especially for her first try. She seemed a natural, keeping low and steady, and her pelt would help her blend with the golden moors in the leaf-fall. He stopped when she did, asking eagerly to hunt. Clovertwist nodded excitedly. "Of course. I'll find something to hunt, and I want you to watch what I do." The silver tabby tom paced around for a while until he heard the telltale sounds of a hare rummaging through grasses. His kinked tail flicked gently at Eaglepaw to notify her of what he'd found, signaling her to watch.

Hunting Lessons wrote:
Here we have the first step of hunting: choosing your prey! The hunting system that I linked (here again) lists the types of prey cats can catch: birds, fish, frogs/toads, hares, lizards, rabbits, rodents, squirrels, and leaves (a joke type of prey). The first thing you do is write in your post what you want to catch.

Your second step requires you to be in the full "Post a Reply" area, not the quick reply box at the bottom of the forums. You'll see something like the image below. If you can't see anything beneath the Dices roll bar, you'll need to expand it with the white plus sign on the right.

Springtime Flight [closed] 0a604bc4e100d5806ead1ef1df42a5bd

In the dropdown menu of Dices roll, select the Hunting Dice. Make sure you only roll one! Then Send your post! You have to come back to edit it once Mistpelt - the dice rolling bot that was once the site's founder and admin - has posted your result.

Clovertwist began to stalk forward until he knew he had a clear path and could see no easy holes, burrows, or obstacles which the hare could use to escape him. Then he relied on the fabled speed of his heritage, rocketing forward on light and nimble paws. The hare perked up, and the chase was on.

Clovertwist attempted to catch a hare, using 3 stamina points.

Hunting Lessons wrote:
This is where I stopped to roll the dice! You always expend stamina points (aka SP) during hunting just in case you run into a predator, since it increases the challenge. You lose 3 SP with each roll, but during leaf-bare you lose 5. It doesn't matter whether you catch the prey or not 'cause you still spent the energy to try. :)

The third step of hunting is to edit your stats according to the rules above. I saw that you already participated in a battle thread with your cat Fang, so you know how the Rank System (here) works already. That's great! The same ranking system of stats applies here. Eaglepaw will have 20HP/80SP, and Clovertwist has 80HP/240SP. Your HP/SP reset after every thread unless you choose to have them not, so don't worry about how to get fixed up unless you want to.

The fourth step of hunting is to figure out whether you succeeded or failed. The Hunting System lists the types of prey, and beneath each are boxes. The boxes contain each of the seasons (the current one is in bold), and each season lists the Clans, and beside each Clan is the range of numbers in which cats of that Clan can successfully catch that type of prey. The number Mistpelt gives you will tell you if you succeeded or not.

Since I intended to hunt a hare, I locate the hare on the list, I find the current season of newleaf, I find WindClan (since that's where my cat's from), and I see that with the numbers 1-8 I'm able to catch a hare. Since I rolled a 7, that means I caught the hare! I finish up my post by stating I succeeded and writing whatever else IC I want.

Clovertwist succeeded in catching the hare!

Clovertwist
80/80 HP
237/240 SP (-3)

Clovertwist could see the hare trying to zigzag, searching desperately for a hole to retreat into safely as he closed the gap between them. He surged forward, lunging at the furry creature. His hooked white claws dug into its back and shoulders, and it collapsed under his weight, shrieking, as he leaned down to bite its neck. It went limp, and Clovertwist rose to his paws, immediately looking around for Eaglepaw as he panted.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Sat 25 Apr 2020 - 10:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptySat 25 Apr 2020 - 10:12

The member 'sumashira' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Springtime Flight [closed] Mistpe10
Springtime Flight [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] EmptySat 25 Apr 2020 - 11:18

Eaglepaw rose from a bush where she had been hiding and watching Clovertwist catch the hare. "That was amazing!" she called. "When can I do that?" (I want to be able to do that.) She nodded at the dead hare on the ground. "Should we take that back to camp for the elder's?" (I really don't want to go back, but I guess we can if Clovertwist says we have to.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Flight [closed]   Springtime Flight [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Springtime Flight [closed]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next