Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1520

Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED]   Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 15:21

Sagelight laid down in the entrance of the medicine cat den, taking a moment to stretch his legs out one by one with a soft grunt of content. His days had been filled with memorizing herbs and their uses; now he was able to relax in the fading light of dusk. A light breeze blew over his fur and he purred, kneading the ground with his paws. Leaf-fall was pleasant, one of his favorite seasons despite the looming threat of Leaf-bare right around the corner. His mind wandered as he relaxed, thinking back to his first medicine cat meeting. Mintwhisker's attack often plagued his memory, unfortunately it was something he would rather forget. He pressed to think about something else, his thoughts falling on Mossbloom, his mentor. The calico she-cat was in the back of the den, rearranging herbs. She had seemed a little distressed after she emerged from the Moonstone all those sunrises ago. What was that all about?

He knew that one didn't have to talk about what StarClan had told them unless they chose to do so...Maybe she would talk to him about it. They were mentor and apprentice, right? And possibly friends...He hoped they were friends. It was worth a shot, at the very least. Sagelight rolled onto his side, craning his neck around to look at Mossbloom. "Hey, Mossbloom? Can I ask you something?" Without waiting for a response, the tom continued. "What did StarClan tell you at the last medicine cat meeting? I know you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I was just curious. You get prophecies, right?"

Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED]   Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] EmptySun 13 Oct 2019 - 11:07

The day had passed quickly, Sagelight still learning as quickly as he had been. She was proud, thrilled to have him as an apprentice, and as the tom lounged in the fading sunlight at the entrance to the medicine cat den, she was carefully sorting the last of the herbs for the day. As she was placing the last of them down, she heard a rustling at the entrance, followed quickly by Sagelight's voice. His question surprised her, but as she considered it she found she wasn't all that surprised at all. He would be curious about that, and soon he'd be receiving his own prophecies...

Slowly placing the herbs down in their spots, she turned to face the tom, seeing that he was laying on his side facing her. She moved a bit closer, she had realized over the last several days that Sagelight sometimes had trouble hearing her, so she had started being careful to speak clearly, and hopefully loud enough to be understood. "I do receive prophecies, now. I didn't while I was an apprentice, though I know that some other ones did, like Mistlepaw and Aspenheart. I think it's because they were they only medicine cat in their clan." She paused for a moment, considering her choices. She could tell Sagelight the prophecy.... Actually, that might be a good idea. If it was about Amberdawn, maybe Sagelight could shed some light on the situation.

She sat down and took a deep breath, her white-tipped tail wrapping around her paws neatly. She had committed the words to memory long ago, hearing them echo in her dreams and with every dawn. "Dawn’s light grows cold as it gazes upon the fading dusk. The moons pass with bright colors and a dismantling of comfort. Are you ready for what the light of day may bring?" She recited the prophecy calmly, looking out past Sagelight, towards the setting sun. Turning a green gaze back to her apprentice, she blinked at him before continuing. "I have my suspicions about what it is referring to, but what do you think, Sagelight?"

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] Giphy
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1520

PostSubject: Re: Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED]   Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 11:30

He gave a thoughtful meow as Mossbloom sat down beside him. "I bet I'll get a prophecy next meeting, since I'm the only medicine cat in SkyClan..." Sagelight was grateful for her coming closer; he did have hearing issues and he wanted to hear her speak the prophetic words as clearly as possible. Once she was done, he sat there for a moment in silence, thinking. Could it possibly be about Amberdawn? That was the only "dawn" he knew about. After a long stretch of neither of them speaking, he opened his mouth again, hesitant.

"My first thought would be that it's about...about Amberdawn," he spoke in hushed tones. "But that's already happened, she already left...Would StarClan give a prophecy about something that's already happened? I think it's about something else, I just don't know what that 'something else' would be." He looked over to the blurry form of his mentor, falling quiet. And then a thought struck him. Dawn growing cold, the light of day...

"Mossbloom, what if it's about me?"

Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED]   Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] EmptyWed 23 Oct 2019 - 13:52

The silence between them stretched before Sagelight opened his mouth hesitantly, his first thoughts echoing her own. She nodded as his voice lowered, a gesture confirming that she had considered the same, but then he continued. He brought up a good point, but.... Maybe she could reveal her full thoughts on it. He paused for a heartbeat, and just as she prepared to respond, his final thought came.

"Mossbloom, what if it's about me?"

She paused, looking at him curiously. Her mouth closed as her head tilted, green eyes gazing at blue in contemplation. A low hum sounded in her chest, that did fit... A little bit, at least. Dawn's light could be Amberdawn, leaving towards Twolegplace... The dismantling of comfort could refer to Mintwhisker's descent into madness, and the light of day could be Sagelight.... But what would her apprentice do that would warrant a warning prophecy in that form? Her head tilted the other way as one of her ears flicked slightly, the humming fading into silence before she slowly shook her head. "I don't think that's it. I've been watching you, guiding your paws and training you. You will be an excellent medicine cat, and I have no reason to believe that you would do anything that StarClan would try to warn me about. Although, I do hope you don't prove me wrong about that."

She flicked her tail to the tom's shoulder, giving him a small smile. "The only thing I think it could be about then was Mintwhisker.... doing all that she did, but why would that message come to me? And with so little time to try to prevent it?" Her paw traced absently through the dirt, making a print and then wiping it away over and over as she thought things through. "My first thought was that something happened to Amberdawn. She visited me, and told me she was going to Twolegplace, towards the sunrise. I've been afraid that something might have gone wrong, that she was in some kind of trouble... Maybe it was Mintwhisker, and you... But still, why me?"

Her question was rhetorical, and she found her gaze traveling skyward only to be met with the roof of the medicine cat den in SkyClan, her view of the sky obstructed. A small frown formed on her face as she looked back down towards her paws. "There are bits and pieces that I think fit in places, but nothing has been made clear. Perhaps I'll learn more at the next meeting, or my fears will be put to rest. If it's something dire, surely StarClan will make it clear to me."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED]   Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreamt of Dawn [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1