Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】   ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 11:58

✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 Title-Card-2-Forestkit
✦╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌✦

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

For the first time in a while, young Forestkit had been able to sleep soundly—seldom without nightmares since his parents had disappeared from his life. Duskflight had been the desperate help he needed. The conversation with the older tom had soothed the kitten's aching heart with comforting reassurances and some much-needed physical contact—having been touch starved for about a moon prior to that day. Now, a few days had swam by—two days to be more precise—and the grey-and-white kit was still content.

Waking with a comically wide yawn, Forestkit sluggishly stood up in his nest to begin his day. He quietly padded to the nursery's entrance, his small body giving a harsh shiver as the freezing temperature slapped him on the face the moment he exited. He huffed and urged his little legs to rush over to the clan's prey pile to pick out his breakfast. The kit's eyes moved to-and-fro as he decided on the meal he'll be having. A frog's leg caught his attention as he noticed it sticking straight up while the rest of the body was buried underneath other pieces of prey. He giggled softly and took a good hold of it before yanking it out of the ground. He let out a startled cry as he went tumbling due to the force of his pull. Luckily, the frog was now in his possession. The kitten pouted down at the cold amphibian for a moment but got back up and shook himself off. He didn't think anybody had seen the little accident since it was early dawn but he still scampered off back to the nursery in an embarrassed manner.

The moment he made it to his destination, Forestkit placed down the frog and settled himself just outside the den. He was aware that it'd make more sense for him to eat inside where it was warmer. However, just being near his late mother's nest—other than when he was trying to sleep—put him in a somber mood. It's one of the main reasons he woke up unusually early. The other was the nightmares.

Forestkit shook himself from his thoughts and began to dig into the breakfast he'd chosen. He'd never had a frog and noted that it had a much different taste than a mouse. It was... odd. He didn't hate it though—didn't even dislike it. It'll be an acquired taste for sure. With a gulp, the kit looked up and let his eyes wander in the direction of the camp's entrance. He had decided against his vigil this day. He wasn't sure why though. It was a welcomed change nonetheless. He wondered if he'll be seeing Duskflight. He hadn't spotted the dark-furred warrior the day prior. He was likely very busy and Forestkit probably shouldn't expect to see him too often. It wasn't fair to the warrior or the clan. He had his own life to attend to and shouldn't have to kitsit a kit he barely knew just because he was a bit lonely. Forestkit played with his lip as he looked down at his paws. He didn't want to be a clingy or needy kit. Future warriors weren't those things—at least it's what he believed.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 8:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】   ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 17:05

Frostgaze had been going over the patrol rosters for the day. With prey being in shorter and shorter supply, he had to try to balance the number of hunting patrols he sent out with the hunger said patrols would have once they returned. It was... difficult, to say the least. He felt as if he was losing more and more sleep over the matter. He would not fail his clan though, so he kept at it. He would have to go on more patrols himself, and would have to keep Murkystar off them, she still needed to heal from her badger encounter.

To get his mind off of planning for a moment, he decided that he should visit the kits that he took care of. Being with them would be a welcome respite, and they generally enjoyed burrowing within his fur. Heading toward the nursery, his blue eyes spotted a kit just outside, eating a frog leg. Kits weren't usually outside this early, it was too cold for it, so he made a beeline toward the kit. Frostgaze was curious. "Greetings young one, what are you doing out so early? It is much warmer inside." His words were gentle, despite how cold his tone was.

✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】   ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 15:46

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

The young kit jumped as he was promptly removed from his thoughts by a cold-sounding voice. Despite the tone, the words were gentle and curious and Forestkit quickly relaxed then looked up. Ah. That's why it sounded familiar. It was the clan's deputy! Frostgaze had always been such a cool tom. Many of the kits had looked up to him, even young Forest did. The fluffy kitten offered the deputy an awkward smile. He wasn't sure how he'd answer the questions but he'll have to anyway.

Forestkit shuffled his paws again as he thought for a moment before opening his maw to speak, "A-Ah well, I don't like to sleep in my mama's nest more than I-I have to..." He looked away—not strong enough to meet Frostgaze's, well, gaze. "I-I'ts just such a big nest and mama's—" he gulped, "Mama's not here anymore and it's too lonely for me. I don't like to be lonely..." He'd whispered the last part—a tad ashamed and insecure about his lack of emotional strength. His expression turned sorrowful and his throat felt tight. He continued on though. He needed to. "U-Um, I'm used to it by n-now but I still get n-nightmares and need to get out." The grey-and-white tom-kit finally met the older tom's eyes and silently pleaded for him to understand. He had nobody anymore but he didn't want to appear as weak as he felt. He wanted to be as strong as his older clanmates—someone like Duskflight or Frostgaze!

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 8:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】   ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 21:57

Frostgaze was a patient tom, always listening, so that is what he did. He listened to Forestkit's woes, why the small kit was outside. Though he had never quite gone through his parents' deaths the way this kit was, he still had some purchase on the concept of losing one's parents at such a young age. "It is alright," The deputy started, "when I was young, I also lost my parents. If you wish, I spend some nights in the nursery, due to the fact kits seem to enjoy laying on my fur, you may always get in the nest I am in. Though getting out can be peaceful, it is much too cold for you... for most even. Come, the kits I have found will likely enjoy my sudden presence, you may get in my nest if you wish, it may prove helpful to you." Quietly, the tom entered the nursery, fluffy tail attempting to gently push Forestkit back within. He took no time pulling his temporary nest from the corner and settling into it. Perhaps Forestkit would join, perhaps he would simply sit next to him, but getting him out of the cold was one of his priorities.

✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】   ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 22:53

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

Frog long forgotten, the kit was enthralled with what the deputy was telling him. A flurry of emotions raced through the kitten—primarily sadness and hope. Frostgaze had gone through something similar to him. Had he felt similarly back when he was lonely too? Maybe. Now, here was Frostgaze offering to keep him company in his own nest. The kit's amber eyes lit up. He didn't have to spend time in his mother's old nest!

He quickly nodded his head, eyes gleaming with hope. "Y-You really mean it? O-Oh thank you, Frostgaze!" he meowed, voice dripping with gratitude. As soon as the words left him, he was gently pushed into the nursery. He went along obediently—rather thankful to be out of the cold despite his love for the outdoors.

The gray-and-white kit watched as the deputy set up the nest he used then settle into it. He bit his lip. He knew that Frostgaze offered to share his nest with him but he was still a bit nervous to intrude too much. After a few moments of weighing his options, his need for comfort and warmth won and he quickly padded over to the older tom and settled beside him. He nuzzled with a content sigh. "I missed this..." he whispered wistfully, eyes misting up a tad. He quickly blinked them and looked up at Frostgaze. "T-Thank you truly," he murmured with a sincere smile.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】   ✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】 Empty

Back to top Go down

✦Dawn of a new day✦【Closed】
Page 1 of 1