Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Dawn of Something New [closed~]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

The Dawn of Something New [closed~] Empty
PostSubject: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 12:37

Dawnpaw poked her head into camp. Operation Get To Know Clanmates was underway. Today’s target would be… hmm… Beechaunt was busy, and besides, Dawnpaw wanted to meet new Clanmates. There, a new apprentice, a fluffy black tom. “Hello!” Dawnpaw mewed, padding over and standing in front of him with a smile. “Do you want to come hunting? It’s alright if you don’t,” she added swiftly. ” You don’t need to, but I’d like you to, if you can!” Dawnpaw wrapped her tail shyly around her back leg, suddenly bashful. Why did she choose this tom? She- stars above, what was she thinking? She was trying to get to know her Clanmates, and get to know them she would.

She’d talked to many cats. She could do this. Although… it was weird that he wasn’t related to her, at least not that she knew. A sudden thought occurred to her- he might not even know who she was. “I’m Dawnpaw! You? Wait- let me guess… Blackpaw? Crowpaw? Nightpaw?” She paused and looked at him with a furrowed brow. “Am I close?” Maybe… Rockpaw? No… probably not… she tilted her head, looking at him intently.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Characters : Patchpaw, Beetlestrike
Clan/Rank : [P] TC Apprentice, [B] SkC T1 Warrior
Virgo Rooster
Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 9:45

Beetlepaw was loving the apprentice life. While he sometimes struggled to remember why he needed to do a certain crouch, his body seemed more than willing to execute them without him even really having to think about it. And Juniperlight was pretty patient with him when it came to reminding him little things or correcting his form. He was often so busy with training, though, that he had let his mission to befriend everyone slip a little.

The large black tom was more than happy, then, when the older apprentice came over to speak with him. She seemed so pleasant and nice, and his fluffy tail waved slowly back and forth, revealing his happiness.

"Hi there! Oh, I would love to go hunt!" He tilted his head a little, confused as to why the sudden mood shift as she explained it wasn't a requirement. Oh! Did she think he would be offended if he thought it was an order from another apprentice? He was sure if it had been that Bloodstrike would've been the one to tell her to get him, anyway, as he planned the patrols. He was actually tickled that it wasn't an order, though! Friends hunted together, right?

"I'm not sure what counts as close for a name, but I'm Beetlepaw! Nice to meet you, Dawnpaw." There was absolutely no recognition as he said her name, either he had somehow not heard the story of Dawnhawk or he just hadn't connected the dots.

[#a4af78]                     [#ffc900]
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:14

Dawnpaw beamed as the other apprentice agreed, happily it seemed. “Nice to meet you, Beetlepaw! You’re a new apprentice, right?” she asked as she led the way out into the territory. It was a nice day, today. A slight breeze rustled the trees, and a few forgotten leaves on the ground sought to dance in the morning light. A cobweb, covered with dew, sparkled like it was made of dragonflies’ wings. Dawnpaw stopped for a moment to study it, amazed as always by the detail. “Where do you want to hunt?” She asked, pulling herself away from the web. She had to be polite, after all. “I usually hunt in the trees, but I’ve heard that somecats don’t do that.” It didn’t make a lick of sense to Dawnpaw, but she’d keep her mouth shut. Maybe this tom liked to hunt on the ground. She didn’t want to make him feel bad, although those who hunted on the ground were truly missing out on the beauty of the trees, the way one could leap from branch to branch, see things you’ve never seen before, from a different point of view. But it was also important to remember you weren’t StarClan. You might be above other cats, but you weren’t above them.

Dawnpaw wrenched herself away from her thoughts and turned to Beetlepaw, hoping he’d enjoy a hunt. She’d make sure he did.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:37

Beetlepaw nodded, as he followed the she-cat out into SkyClan territory. He was one of the newest apprentices, as his siblings followed him in to the apprentice den. He wasn't sure exactly why they'd been separated, but it was how it was.

"Yeah, and you're almost a warrior, right?" He was judging based on her size. He was larger than a lot of cats his own age, but she had a more adult look to her somehow, and less kit fluffiness. Her pelt was very different from his own, as well. Very pretty.

"Wait, you hunt in the trees?" His tufted ears pricked at that, and his eyes lit up with wonder, "I haven't learned how to do that! Can you show me?"

Juniperlight would be so impressed if he showed up to their next training session and had an entirely new skill to show off. And one that not every cat could do, apparently. SkyClan was very into their trees, though, so he supposed if there were any Clan that could do this, it would be them. As a SkyClan cat, he knew he had to get better at climbing and, apparently, hunting from the trees.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:46

“Maybe,” Dawnpaw shrugged at Beetlepaw’s question. “I don’t really get how that works.” She was getting older, though. The kit-like fluffiness she’d had as a new apprentice had changed to long, silky fur. She was taller, too- perhaps a spider-length taller than most cats her age, but not nearly as tall as most of her family. “Sure!” She mewed happily, somewhat surprised that Juniperlight hadn’t taught Beetlepaw how to hunt in the trees yet. “The most important thing to remember is stay safe. Don’t take risks. Use caution. Only stay on branches you know can hold your weight.” Dawnpaw leapt into a nearby tree, balancing on a low, thick limb. “Its safest to stay on these low limbs. That way, even if you fall, you aren’t really hurt, just a bit bruised. But-“ and she leapt up a bit higher, to where the branches were more springy. “These branches are where most of the prey is!” She called down. “But there’s plenty on these lower branches.” She descended back down until she was on one of the lowest branches. “And you aren’t just hunting prey in the trees, but prey on the ground, too!” Dawnpaw dropped into a hunting crouch, intending to demonstrate. There, a bird on the ground. A starling. Beechaunt’s favorite.

Maybe if she hadn’t been so focused on the bird’s brilliant plumage, she wouldn’t need have missed. As it was, as she leapt from the tree her claws snagged only a few shimmering feathers. The starling took off, minus a few tail feathers. Dawnpaw stared after it gloomily. “Well, that’s how it’s supposed to work. Why don’t you give it a try?” She asked, turning to the black tom with a smile. ”Ooh- and what’s your favorite prey?”

Dawnpaw attempted to catch a starling, catch was successful!

Last edited by Cocoa on Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 10:46

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

The Dawn of Something New [closed~] Mistpe10
The Dawn of Something New [closed~] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 18:14

Beetlepaw wasn't sure how it worked either, he always figured his mentor would just let him know when it was happening, so he shrugged too. He listened eagerly as she explained, while easily hopping into the branches of the nearby tree. He watched with rapt attention, his shoulders sagging a bit as the bird eluded her. He had really been rooting for her, and he hoped she wouldn't feel embarrassed. After all, even the best warriors missed prey now and then.

"Robins are usually plump and yummy, I really like those." He purred, "What's your favorite?"

"Alright, I'm gonna try!"
He announced, wiggling his hind end as he prepared to leap, and easily springing up to the lowest hanging branch. It was the next one that was a bit harder, since he had to now balance on the branch as well as jump up to the next, but he managed pretty easily before spying a squirrel attempting to hide in a branch a little way over.

The tom readied himself, took a breath, and then leaped for that branch. He managed to land solidly enough to also grab the now screaming squirrel and dispatch it. Not before it probably scared away any other prey in the area. He dropped back down beside Dawnpaw, and set down his catch.

"Oops."

Beetlepaw successfully caught a squirrel!
57/60 SP

Last edited by Patch on Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 18:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 18:14

The member 'Patch' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

The Dawn of Something New [closed~] Mistpe10
The Dawn of Something New [closed~] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptyFri 27 Aug 2021 - 18:27

“I like robin eggs,” Dawnpaw replied with a purr. “I’ve never eaten them- I just like the color. I like doves, though, always lots of meat on a dove.” She watched eagerly as Beetlepaw climbed the tree. He was much better at it than she had been on her first try, and she’d had Hawkuncle for a mentor! However, the fluffy black tom was her height despite being younger, and had powerful haunches, like most of SkyClan. Dawnpaw was more elegant and evenly-proportioned, although her long tail and haunches probably marked her as SkyClan, anyways. Dawnpaw spotted the squirrel at the same time Beetlepaw did, and held her breath in apprehension. Would he get it? Would he notice? Her tail practically vibrated with pent-up energy. Swiftly, Beetlepaw caught the squirrel and dropped back down. “That was amazing!” she praised. “I’ve never caught a squirrel before, just birds and the occasional rat.” She omitted how absolutely disgusting rats were. “It’s alright, it wasn’t your fault!” She purred, bending down to examine the squirrel. “I’ve never heard a squirrel make that noise before. Wow.” Something new, seeing things from a new perspective. “We could try to hunt someplace else, or maybe… I like to climb this tree and there’s a hollow and you can sit in it and watch the creek… I like it…” Dawnpaw wrapped her tail around her back leg again, her ears turning slightly red. What the stars was wrong with her? She’d never, ever told anycat about her secret hollow. Not even Hawkuncle or Beechaunt. Still… she’d really like to show him the nice view. She rather thought he’d understand. He’d like it.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptySat 28 Aug 2021 - 10:54

Robin's egg blue was a pretty color, although Beetlepaw had never really paid a lot of attention to the broken shells that could sometimes be found on the ground. Perhaps he should, though.

He beamed at the praise. It didn't matter that she was an apprentice and not his mentor, it still felt good to be recognized for his accomplishment. Whether or not his catch was impressive, well, he didn't care. He had caught the squirrel, and Dawnpaw seemed pleased with his work.

"I've never heard that, either. I've never really thought about it, but I guess prey realizes when it's about to become food. That would be pretty scary..." He almost felt bad for the squirrel, but it would be good food for SkyClan, and since they weren't on an official patrol, it could be a meal for them.

"That hollow sounds amazing! I'd love to see it. We can share this squirrel too, if you want?" He gave the she-cat a reassuring smile, sensing that she was feeling a bit unsure although he didn't know why. He was truly enjoying spending time with Dawnpaw, and she had quickly risen to the top of his list of friends.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptySat 28 Aug 2021 - 11:34

Dawnpaw gave Beetlepaw a delighted grin. “That sounds great!” She purred, leading the way to a tall oak that towered nearby the creek. The noise of the creek could be heard from here but not seen, although it kept the nearby wood cool. Dawnpaw stopped for a moment, readying herself, then leapt into the oak’s branches. She wound up around the oak’s trunk like it was a spiral staircase, higher and higher until she was at least two thirds of the way up the enormous tree, and higher than the surrounding, shorter treetops. There, facing the creek (which could now be seen, tripping and singing over stones), was a small hollow in the tree, just big enough for two warrior-sized cats. Dawnpaw slipped into it with a mumured “be careful, we’re high up.” She could watch the sunrise from here if she woke early enough, and even now, later in the day, could watch the creek glimmer like diamonds in the sun. It was nice and cool in the small hollow, even in the middle of green-leaf, with a pleasant breeze. “I can watch the sunrise from here,” she mewed quietly once Beetlepaw appeared. “It’s my favorite place.” She hoped he liked it.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] EmptySun 29 Aug 2021 - 9:52

As they got closer to Dawnpaw's spot, Beetlepaw's ears were filled with the noises from the creek. A happy bubbling noise, and the rustling of prey animals that were taking advantage of the water source. It would've made a good hunting location as well, but that was not the intention right now.

The large black tom followed the more agile she-cat up the tree, taking longer than she did with it as it was no longer a matter of just leaping to a branch. Still, it wasn't long before he joined her in the hollow. There was plenty of space now, but he figured he'd probably fit much less well by warriorhood. That was disappointing, but maybe he wouldn't get that large.

"It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing with me." He turned his yellow eyes back out to watch the creek flowing, just enjoying spending the time with his new friend.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Something New [closed~]   The Dawn of Something New [closed~] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dawn of Something New [closed~]
Page 1 of 1