Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

[closed] Mind Your Own Business

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

[closed] Mind Your Own Business Empty
PostSubject: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Barleypaw's training as an Apprentice had been going quite well. Though not every session with Swiftstep went as well as his first one did, the young sandy-colored tom had shown great promise in terms of becoming a Warrior. His hunting was coming along nicely, and his fighting skills had improved immensely since his Apprentice ceremony. He enjoyed every second of his training, even the parts where he got bored and tuned his mentor out. Patrols were fun, too, as he got to see the territory and learn what to look for along the border to ensure the Clan's safety.

Today, Barleypaw has been part of a hunting patrol. Technically, he still was, but he had managed to find himself far away from where they were heading. Lost in his own thoughts, and the patrol lost in theirs, the two split off without a thought to where the other was heading. By the time Barleypaw had escaped his preoccupations, the patrol was nowhere in sight - being that he lived on open moor, that meant they were quite far. The sandy tom grimaced as he made his realization. 'Oh, mouse-dung, I'm at the Gorge? For StarClan's sake, I'm not supposed to go here,' he cursed to himself, 'I need to find them.'

However, the WindClan Apprentice's attention was drawn to the sight of a long, thick hare plucking away at the grass just a few fox-lengths away. Barleypaw immediately froze, eyes wide. Well, he was on a hunting patrol. It would be a wasted opportunity to not try to chase this one down, right? The Apprentice had himself convinced. He crouched low, aware that his sandy coat probably stuck out amongst the green around him, and crept as slow as he could. However, as soon as the hare began to turn towards him he exploded into a sprint, charging at it like his life depended on it.

The Gorge, a great crack in the earth, had very few spots where one could easily cross - into RiverClan territory, though the tom was focused on his hunt and failed to recall or inhale the scent of the enemy Clan - and as luck delivered him this hare, it also delivered him to a very narrow crossing. The hare weaved and darted with no holes to hide in this close to the Gorge, and Barleypaw followed it intently, unaware of the threats that loomed before him.

[closed] Mind Your Own Business VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

Number of posts : 3732

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Flamepaw's patrol, on the other hand, was not too far away. She was about to catch the squirrel when she collided with a tom, about the age of an apprentice. At this point she was about as old as... good glory, she was older than some experienced warriors and maybe even seniors! Not quite as old as Swanpetal, but old all the same. However, while she was older, she was most certainly not much bigger. She shook the dizziness off and jumped to her paws as overwhelming Windclan scent came onto her. Truthfully, she had been heading towards the moors, but all the same, he was on her land and she would defend it with her life. Any other warrior would attack without a thought, and she began to, before she remembered. She hadn't been careful. She hadn't paid attention. She had rushed into battle, guided only by adrenaline. That was how she killed Fawnsong. Perhaps today, if she did this right, the tom would get away without wounds and so would she. "You're on my territory. Get off and you'll leave without wounds." Other cats would use threats to tear his pelt off, throwing things like that around as jokes.

They had no idea how real those things could be.

Riverclan didn't laugh when Fawnsong's neck was decorated with a red smile.

Thunderclan didn't laugh when Specklefang dropped dead from poison after confessing to murder.

They didn't laugh when it was real.

They only laughed when it was fake, when it was threats, when it was a joke. And they never learned. But she had.
And that was her power to keep everyone safe from herself.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 3:15 pm

All of a sudden, the hare made a hairpin turn and launched back at the WindClan Apprentice, barreling past him. He had no time to be confused by the creature's sudden change of path, however; Barleypaw's fur immediately raised and he scrambled to a halt as he heard an unfamiliar voice tell him he needed to leave. The WindClan Apprentice whipped to face the other cat, a ginger tabby who might've been beautiful if she weren't from an enemy Clan. Still, it couldn't be possible that he'd strayed into enemy territory!

"Mind your own business," the Apprentice snapped, winded, "you don't scare me. Besides, I didn't cross the gorge - I would've noticed." Barleypaw's sandy body and tail bristled fiercely, his pale amber eyes locked indignantly on the Apprentice, when all of a sudden the reek of RiverClan swelled up around him now that his nose wasn't up a hare's butt. He glanced over his shoulder, back the way he came, to see the crack in the earth traveling behind him - WindClan territory, behind him. She was right, and now he knew it and he looked like an idiot. He stammered angrily, "Well, okay, I did, but it's your guys' fault for not marking it better!"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 7:11 am

Flamepaw rolled her eyes. "I said, get off! My patrol is coming by here soon and you know shady they're going to do? Mark it! Pay attention to your surroundings next time!" She began to growl. "So get off my land!"

(Due to a slight fear of battles, Flame won't attack first. It would be against her nature.)

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 am

((OoC: Okiedoke! Barleypaw's a bit impulsive so it makes sense for him to attack first. Also I hope they don't have any hard feelings next time they meet because Barley's gonna feel like such an idiot lol

"Fish-brain," Barleypaw spat, furious at her accusation that he wasn't paying attention. While she was correct, he would never admit that. He wouldn't back down, and that left only one other option: he had to defend his honor. Apparently. The bullheaded WindClan Apprentice charged at the RiverClan cat and took a flying leap at her, tackling her to the ground.

Barleypaw used Run-and-Tackle, costing 10 stamina and doing 8 damage.
    Barleypaw
      HP: [20/20], SP: [70/80]

Flamepaw
      HP: [12/20], SP: [80/80]

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 9:37 am

(9 damage. 6+3 is 9)
"Hey! You mousehearted featherbrain!" She retorted with an attack to his belly. She made sure to not dig in her claws too deep, or he might die of them if they got infected or... no! That was no way to think. Any battle was one that you could die from. She had to fight to win, but how could she make sure she didn't kill another cat? The last bloodstains on her claws were from the murder.

Flamepaw used Belly Rake, dealing 7 damage and using 10 stamina.
Barleypaw
HP: [13/20], SP: [70/80]

Flamepaw
HP: [11/20], SP: [70/80]

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 12:07 pm

((OoC: I will accept 6 [I looked at the wrong column] but not 9 damage; the +3 is if the cat wasn't focused on me, but Flamepaw was, so I think it's fair for her to have been prepared.))

This was Barleypaw's first border skirmish. He had sparred with Clanmates to train, but he had never been cut by enemy claws before, so when the she-cat kicked up at him and raked her claws across his belly the young sandy Apprentice let out a howl of pain like he'd never heard or howled before. He could feel his resolve beginning to melt as his wounds began to bleed, but he reflexively lashed out at the other Apprentice's ears. He needed to go back into WindClan territory, and fast, but if he tried to run now the RiverClan cat would surely attack him, right?

Barleypaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.
    Barleypaw
      HP: [13/20], SP: [60/80]

Flamepaw
      HP: [8/20], SP: [70/80]

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 1:30 pm

(...i thought focused meant fighting)
Flamepaw hesitated for a moment. These windclan cats were fast. She didn't have long to think. So she attacked his belly again.

Flamepaw used Belly Rake, dealing 7 damage and using 10 stamina.
Barleypaw
HP: [6/20], SP: [60/80]

Flamepaw
HP: [8/20], SP: [60/80]

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 2:02 pm

((OoC: That is very possible - I am new to the site so I may not understand everything right.  assumed it would do +3 if you, say, ran out of the bushes and surprised and unexpecting opponent. I will ask an admin and let you know what they say, but for this fight I don't think it's too important! c:))

Again with the claws. Barleypaw's belly was on fire, and even though not all of her claws could necessarily get through his fur, enough of them did that he felt his muscles beginning to ache. The fight was definitely leaving him, and now he began to realize that he was going to have wounds that he couldn't explain to his patrol without admitting what he'd done. He had stupidly intruded on another Clan's land, denied it even after realizing what he'd done, and then made a fight out of it.

With that thought, his determination was gone. He had made a huge mistake. Barleypaw backed away from the RiverClan Apprentice with another lash across her face, and followed it up quickly with a short, quick swipe to try to blind her and allow himself to escape. Feeling confident that he could escape then, he immediately turned and ran, glancing behind him to make sure the other Apprentice was going to be alright. Why did he care? His belly fur was red from her raking. But it mattered.

Barleypaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina. He also used Swift Strike, dealing 2 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Barleypaw
    HP: [6/20], SP: [40/80]

Flamepaw - Unable to Fight
    HP: [0/20], SP: [60/80]

((OoC: Thank you for letting me know about Swift Strike! I had no idea. O: Also, staff responded that yes, "not focused on you" is referring to a surprise attack or ambush, but since Barley and Flame were already arguing she was definitely focused on him. c: Thank you for the battle! In the future if you wanted I'd love to have the hopefully more humbled boy recognize and apologize to her in a thread.))

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 3:17 pm

(Oh, good to know XD)
Flamepaw, hurt and tired, ran back to camp to get Goldeneye.

Last edited by freshJade on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm

((OoC: Hi there! I edited my previous post!))

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Mind Your Own Business   [closed] Mind Your Own Business Empty

Back to top Go down

[closed] Mind Your Own Business
Page 1 of 1