Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hail's Gentle Torrent

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

Hail's Gentle Torrent Empty
PostSubject: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 17:00

Torrentpaw padded through the underbrush, his whiskers twitching as he sniffed the air for some kind of prey. He refused to return to camp with no prey between his jaws; Starclan help him if he waltzed back and his mentor noticed his lack of progress. The silver tabby paused and turned his head towards a scent, debating over following it and hopefully catching something. If he was going to prove himself as a worthy apprentice, he'd have to at least bring something back to the clan. Dropping into a rather sloppy hunter's crouch, he stalked towards the smell, flicking his tail anxiously.

However, a new sound caught his ears; something splashing into..water, maybe. Was it the river? Had he gone that far out into the territory? Maybe he was better off catching something there instead of stalking out prey and losing it due to his clumsy nature. Besides, he hadn't been efficiently trained in hunting yet; he was just going off of what he had seen other apprentices do back when he was a kit. "There should be plenty of fish in the river; going there would be my best chance at getting anything. One fish is better that none." Nodding to himself, he stood up and trudged in that direction, determination set in his gaze.

When the slosh of the roaring river became evident, a new smell reached his nose; it was mildly familiar, but nothing that piqued his interest. As he stepped closer though, it became clear who the scent belonged to. A smile crossed Torrentpaw's features as he bounded towards the river's edge. A figure of a cat began to come into view, and he instantly recognized the calico pelt of the friend he treasured at the bottom of his heart, and might've just began to harbor feelings for..

"Hailpaw! Hi!"

Hail's Gentle Torrent Tenor Hail's Gentle Torrent Original Hail's Gentle Torrent 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 

Last edited by Quinn on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 10:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 18:17

The young she-cat was getting used to hunting alone. She was almost a warrior and Otterleap allowed her to go on hunting strolls whenever she thought it was necessary. That's why she was standing at the edge of the river, looking at the clear water as some fishes sometimes jumped out of it. She liked the view and for a few moments, she just stayed still, admiring the landscape. Deep inside her, she knew that this was the place she was meant to be. Her home but somehow... she was still depressed about her own relationship with the rest of the clan. The sceptical she-cat didn't trust too much on others not because they were bad or mean but because she believed that they only wanted to talk with her because she was Jaystream's daughter.

However... there was an exception. And his voice was soon heard by her tufted ears.

Hailpaw turned her head and watched surprised at the silver tom approaching her. She was impressed. The little kit had grown so much! He was even getting bigger than her. "Torrentpaw! What are you doing here all by yourself? Is your mentor with you?" She mewed inclining her head to one side, confused. It was strange to see another apprentice alone but she didn't dislike it. The young tom was one of her only friends and she appreciated him.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Hail's Gentle Torrent Signat14
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyThu 5 Apr 2018 - 3:49

"Me? Oh. I made a deal with my mentor; I could explore the territory a little as long as I came back with prey. As you can see..I've had no luck," Torrentpaw chuckled awkwardly, pelt warming with embarrassment. What was he doing, burdening Hailpaw, such an elegant cat as herself, with his problems? The silver tabby moved to awkwardly sit next to her, his pelt prickling at how close they were. This was probably the closest they had been since he was a kit; he didn't remember feeling the warmth in his chest when he was young and oblivious. Could it be that..

The apprentice cleared his throat and shifted his paws, hesitantly turning his head to look at Hailpaw, "A-Ah, what about you? Why are you here, alone?" He had no right to ask, but he wanted to get a conversation started so he didn't have to awkwardly sit there and stare at her. Not like he didn't want to sit there and stare at her captivating beauty all day, but he also didn't want to make her uncomfortable and potentially ruin their friendship.

Hail's Gentle Torrent Tenor Hail's Gentle Torrent Original Hail's Gentle Torrent 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyFri 6 Apr 2018 - 3:34

The she-cat moved a bit to let her friend sit down next to her. "Your mentor must trust you a lot. It doesn't surprise me. You were such an energetic cat as a kit so I must guess that you're learning rather fast." She complimented with a small smile.

After Torrentpaw's next question, the calico she-cat turned her head to the river as she curled her long tail around her paws. She smiled calmly and relaxed. She almost forgot how nice it was to have a friend by her side. "Otterleap said that I could go alone if I wanted since my warrior ceremony should happen soon. I'm not old enough yet but I completed my training a few days ago. I came here to hunt but... to be honest." She started to say with a sheepishly smile. "I got distracted with the view. Don't you think the river looks pretty?" Hailpaw fixed her green eyes one more time on the silvery tom when she asked that. It was weird to share those personal looks and tastes with other cats because she didn't do that often. However, the apprentice felt like she could trust the young tom.

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 7:16

"It's not the only beautiful thing here.." Torrentpaw sighed wistfully as he turned his head to witness the view. Sure enough, it was stunning. The sunlight reflecting off the river's surface made it look as if it sparkled like the stars of the night sky. Its quiet, sluggish motion made the scenery all more relaxing. The apprentice found himself purring, now seeing what the she-cat meant. Having her with him, sharing this moment of peace, was absolute bliss.

"Yeah..it sure is lovely. I'm so happy to be here right now, seeing this with you," Torrentpaw whispered the last part, heat coming to his pelt once more. Gah! Why would he say that? She was probably freaked out now. Silently panicking, the silver tabby dipped a paw into the frigid water to cool off, unknowingly scaring away some fish. When he realized his mistake, he growled at himself in agitation. He had just gotten here and he was already messing up terribly.

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 3:20

The she-cat purred back and blushed flattered when the other apprentice said that he was happy with her presence. She was happy because she meant something to him... because he considered a friend to like and treasure and not because she was Jaystream's daughter. If there was someone who could see her as she was, that was Torrentpaw. "I'm happy too that you came here." She mewed before she noticed that her friend put a paw into the water. That was when she had an idea.

Hailpaw stood up and smiled at Torrentpaw. "Hey, I promised we would hunt together once you were an apprentice, right? Well, I think it's the perfect time to do it." The dilute warrior entered the water, feeling like a fish in it and then she returned her gaze to Torrentpaw. "Come on! We have to wait for the fishes to come."

Once the tom was with her, her green eyes glanced at the clear water surrounding her paws. When a silver flash moved near to them, she didn't hesitate. With one swift blow, Hailpaw threw the fish to the shore and she quickly ran after it, killing it with her fangs.

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15013

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 3:20

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Hail's Gentle Torrent Mistpe10
Hail's Gentle Torrent Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Lulu

Lulu

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 15:33

OOC: Is the hunting dice like the effect dice? I just enable, post, then look back and edit my post?

IC:

Torrentpaw slipped into the river soon after Hailpaw, shivering at its cold temperature. It was still freezing, despite New-leaf being right around the corner. Still, the happiness from being here with his friend kept him warm on the inside, despite the cold river water beginning to chill him to the bone. 

The tom watched, silently admiring the she-cat as she swatted the fish onto the bank and killed it with one swift bite. "Ok, easy enough," He looked down at the water, lashing his tail as he forced himself to try and spot a silver sheen swimming with the current, "Now it's my turn to catch something."

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 17:35

OOC: Yes, it's the same idea ;D

Hailpaw stayed on the riverbank so she wouldn't scare the fishes that were getting near to her friend. She settled down with her own fresh-kill between her paws and waited patiently, quietly encouraging him to do a successful first catch. After, Riverclan cats were known for their fishing ability.

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 6:14

OOC: Ok, here I go :"

IC:
Torrentpaw watched and waited, eyes narrowed as he looked for a figure that swam a little too close; a figure close enough to be swatted out of the water and onto the back. The young Riverclanner couldn't help but smirk as a fish curiously swam towards his paws. Before he knew what he was doing, instinct kicked in and his forepaw had lashed out at the river, swatting something right out of the water.

He watched, amazed as a fish went flying through the air and landed on the bank, flopping helplessly. Torrentpaw smiled widely as he clambered out of the frigid waters and towards the prey, killing it with a quick bite.

Holding the fish in his jaws, Torrentpaw turned to Hailpaw, his eyes sparkling. He had done it. He had actually fone it! Maybe he wasn't so much a terrible hunter after all. If je kept going like this, he might become the best hunter in Riverclan! Bouncing on his heels excitedly, he seemed to say, "Look at me, look at me! I caught it, I actually caught it!"

Last edited by Quinn on Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 6:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 6:14

The member 'Quinn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 18:40

OOC: That was perfect, bae <3

IC: The she-cat chuckled happily when the tom turned his body towards her and started jumping as a little kit, excited for his first day out. It was probably his first catch. She remembered how happy she was when she fished her first prey with Otterleap's help. "That was a good catch, Torrentpaw!" She purred delightedly, rushing to his side and headbutting his chest friendly.

"Come on! Let's catch another. I'm sure your mentor will be proud of you if you bring more fishes." She mewed, thinking too about Otterleap. The senior warrior had been a good teacher to her and she wanted to make him proud of his apprentice. Hailpaw approached the water but this time she tried to do something different. She leapt over a rock of the river and crouched down there, watching at the river swam next to the stone. From there, she waited and in a second, her head was under water. Quickly, she closed her mouth around the slippery body. But she wasn't fast enough. The only thing she caught was water and she lifted her head disappointed.

However, she didn't have time to complain. A large shadow passed over her and the apprentice looked up at the sky. In no time, a large owl dove toward her and attacked her with its claws, aiming to take her away. But the she-cat saw it coming and its claws reached her skin, she snapped its head toward the water, trying to keep it from breathing for a few seconds in desperate attempt to not get herself killed.

Owl used Talon Strike, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.
Hailpaw used Underwater Clinch, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina. Owl is stunned for one turn.

Owl
44/50 HP
110/120 SP

Hailpaw
10/20 HP
70/80 SP

Last edited by Jay Bird on Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 18:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 18:40

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyTue 17 Apr 2018 - 15:36

He barely had enough time to celebrate when he saw the owl appear from the bushes. He cried out in surprise, but it was too late. The bird had already raked its claws across Hailpaw's back in an unsuccessful attempt to pick her up. Torrentpaw watched helplessly as the she-cat moved from underneath it and pinned it down underwater, desperately trying to save her life.

He didn't even know what he was doing, but he could feel himself racing towards them. The gray tabby tom hissed and swatted at the owl with unsheathed claws, anger radiating through his body. No one would hurt Hailpaw; epecially under his watch!

Torrentpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 Stamina.

Torrentpaw:
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Owl
38/50 HP
110/120 SP

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hail's Gentle Torrent   Hail's Gentle Torrent EmptyWed 18 Apr 2018 - 5:45

The owl escaped from her claws but the she-cat didn't let go so easily. Before it could take flight, she slashed one of its wings with unsheathed claws. The small apprentice hissed with her fur bristling, mostly in fear than anger. However, she couldn't back off now. Not now that Torrentpaw was in the fight too and he could be harmed.

Hailpaw used Belly Rake, dealing 7 damage and costing 10 stamina. Owl is no longer stunned.

Owl
31/50 HP
110/120 SP

Hailpaw

10/20 HP
60/80 SP

Last edited by Jay Bird on Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 19:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content