Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Start of Something New [Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Start of Something New [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Are you ready?” Flamestrike meowed lowly as he prodded his latest apprentice with the tip of his nose. Training his son had been enjoyable so far, but it had also proven to be exhausting. After their sessions, the orange warrior had found himself to actually be ready to sleep through the whole day. His mind had finally been moved away from the thoughts of killing his own brother that had haunted him for all these moons. All of his energy had been projected into raising his sons. And now he had another apprentice to train. It felt strange to be training someone that wasn’t his own kin again. Since Rushpaw’s death, Flamestrike hadn’t trained anyone other than Firepaw. His ear twitched as his thoughts raced. Leopardstar had trusted him with a Shadowclan born kit once more. Apparently, the leader did not entirely hate him after all. Flamestrike’s stomach still churned angrily at thoughts of Barkkit, but he tried not to think about it.

The flame colored tom did not wait for a response from the young she-cat and padded over to the camp entrance. He would wait for her there. When he had first taken Firepaw out, they had gone to the thunderpath. Ideas raced through his head as he considered where to start Flintpaw off in her training. Also, he had to consider is he would train her with what patience he held. It had not happened with Rushpaw. However, as the numbness that settled in his chest had begun to cease, he felt the return of his kindness. There was no way he could manage to be the incredibly stern mentor now. He sighed at the thought, hoping she would be one to listen. His green eyes cast a glance over the clearing as he searched for his family while waiting. It appeared they were all out. Firepaw had been sent hunting for the day. Sometime he would train the two together. But for now, it was all for Flintpaw.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Flintpaw smiled, running to catch up with Flamestrike. Her mentor was much larger and faster than she was. She had groomed her grey pelt that morning, wanting to look presentable for her first day of training. She turned to her new mentor and asked ""What are we going to do first?". Her tail brushed back and forth on the ground, and her paws kneaded it. It occurred to Flintpaw that she may seem young and immature, so she sat down and composed herself the best that she could despite her obvious excitement.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 pm

OCC: alrighty, the fun starts here. In my signature, you can see the stats of each one of my cats. The first is for HP (health points), and the second is for SP (stamina points). You lose health points when attacked. You lose stamina points everytime YOU attack. As an apprentice, Flintpaw's HP/SP is 20/80. The attached link will take you to a page with the battle system attacks. It is wise to have this open during every battle. You can find the damage each move does and how much stamina each move uses. As you go up in rank, you can use more attacks. Apprentices can only use moves that say 'apprentice' or 'kit'. I will be using some moves you cannot, as Flamestrike is an experienced warrior and can use almost every move. Each post in a battle should include the stats bar that will be at the bottom. Stats should be adjusted every time a move is used. For the sake of training, stats restore themselves after every turn, as no damage is being done. Just follow my lead and let me know if you have any questions :) Battle System P.S. - my apologies for taking so long to reply, I had a hectic weekend!

"Hm, well you will get to know the territory through patrols anyways. So I figured we would start with a bit of battle training. No harm in preparing you already." Flamestrike flicked an ear nonchalantly as he stood and padded out the entrance. His long, orange tail flicked for her to follow. It would be nice to have a change of pace from simply roaming the territory for her to see. Having several apprentices would get old after a while if he followed the same routine for each. Besides, battle training always came in handy. The missing corner of his ear was a constant reminder of the horror of battle.

Once they reached a decent enough clearing between a grove of pine trees. He turned to face the much younger cat. Flamestrike would no doubt go easy on her strength wise. However, the warrior planned not to hold back on his speed or skill. The she-cat would have to face enemies who were far braver, smarter, and stronger. He would only be doing her a disservice by not going all out in their training from day one. Shortly after they stopped, he turned to face her, claws sheathed, but fur bristling and tail lashing, "Are you ready?" The warrior let out almost a warning growl before launching himself at the apprentice. One soft paw batted against the side of her muzzled. For a first attack, Flamestrike opted not to go with anything too special. But he was interested to see what she would do in return.

Flamestrike used front paw blow, dealing 11 damage and using 5 stamina.

Flamestrike
80/80 (HP)
235/240 (SP)

Flintpaw
9/20
80/80
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm

OOC: I'm not 100% sure if I'm doing this right, so if I mess up, please tell me. Also I have no idea how to RP one attack very long so this is really short.

Flintpaw felt Flamestrike's paw hit the side of her face. She hissed lightly before turning around and scratching his underbelly with her back paws.

Flintpaw used belly rake dealing 9 damage and using 10 stamina

Flamestrike
71/80 (HP)
235/240(SP)

Flintpaw
9/20
70/80
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:30 pm

OCC: so you are very close! However, since in training, your stats would replenish as no damage is actually done. ALSO, make sure that you check the amount of damage that is done on the chart. Given she is an apprentice, Flintpaw's belly rake would only deal '7' damage. Next, I'm going to show you a more complex move (hold moves) and then a clan special move. I'll walk ya through each to make sure you have it. Regardless, the lovely battle guide is your main rule book, so hold tight to that  for battles. And if you have trouble RPing battles, here is a topic example we are currently using: Border Skirmish Example Don't feel pressured to have long post either! They're good, but not always necessary if you have nothing to say.

The warrior was surprised as she managed to swipe at his underbelly. Flamestrike quickly leaped backwards to give himself some space before the next move. This one she would not be able to get out of very easily. A yowl erupted from the orange tom's throat as he raced forwards and leaped onto the apprentice's back. He was careful to distribute his weight evenly so his much larger frame wouldn't crush her. Despite not using claws to attack her, this time he used them to know themselves into her fur for a decent grip. It would be difficult to shake him off, that was for sure.

"Just relax. Let the attacks come easily. Don't ever think your motions. Overthinking is what will stifle your abilities." Flamestrike hissed lowly into her ear from his position on her back.

Flamestrike used leap and hold, dealing 13 damage and using 10 stamina.
Flintpaw is held for two turns.

Flamestrike
80/80
230/240

Flintpaw
7/20
80/80

OCC pt. 2: in order to do a dice roll, you click 'preview' before sending your post and you will be able to add the dice roll. In cases of battle select 'effect dice' and that will dictate how effective your move is. In this case, since a '6' was rolled, Flintpaw is held for 2 turns. This means you most post twice before being allowed to breakaway and freely move again.

Last edited by broccoli obama on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:30 pm

The member 'broccoli obama' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Start of Something New [Closed] Mistpe10
Start of Something New [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Flintpaw struggled under the larger cat's weight. She tried to move around and get out, however it proved more difficult than she would have liked it to be. Flintpaw felt Flamestrike's claws digging into her fur, strengthening his grip onto her. She growled, and attempted to escape, but it seemed that the more she writhed the harder it would become to free herself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 6:34 pm

OCC: Aight so I'm letting go early so she can be free to attack back. I lastly want to tackle 'clan only' moves. Just follow my lead. It's pretty straightforwards and I think you have it all :)

The apprentice struggled underneath his grip, but wasn't able to free herself. He leaped off to allow her to be able to move again. There was no point in continuing to pin her down. Flamestrike stood facing his apprentice with heaving sides. His tail lashed as he thought about what to do next. The mud in the area had stained it paws and pelt. That was it! The mud! His orange paw flashed forwards to throw a paw full of mud into Flintpaw's face. It was a move that Shadowclan had taught him in his early moons. Every time, the opponent was stunned for a few moments. He was glad to be able to share it with the younger cat now.

"This is a mud slap," Flamestrike meowed as he reappeared at the younger cat's sidcolor=#ff6600e. She hadn't been able to see momentarily, but recovered quickly. Once Flintpaw was ready, he continued to speak, "it is a Shadowclan move. We can use it to momentarily stun opponents and get a bit of an advantage."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Flintpaw nodded as her mentor described a new attack. She blinked the mud out of her eyes the best that she could, as it had momentarily blurred her vision. Assuming Flamestrike's wanted her to try out the attack for herself, she took a paw full of mud and flung it towards his face. A moment after she had thrown it she looked to her mentor." Was that right?" she asked him, cocking her head sideways.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Not long after he had attacked, Flintpaw was flinging mud back and him. The flame colored warrior shook his head to clear his vision. His nod was stiff, but the hints of a smile nudged their way onto his muzzle. She had done well with her reaction time. After the world around him cleared up once more, Flamestrike looked down at the young she-cat. They had already put in so much training for the nigh.t His stomach had begun to rumble. Already it seemed to be getting late. He quickly decided how they would finish off. The tom wanted to see Honeydrop before the night was over and update her on their son's progress in training, and maybe Flintpaw's too.

"That's enough battle training for now. We will hunt and then head back to camp. There is some well deserved rest waiting for you there." He meowed to Flintpaw.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 11:11 am

Flintpaw nodded. "Thank you, Flamestrike." Flintpaw sat down for a moment, breathing heavily. It had been a good first day of training. She smiled, waiting for her mentor to start leaving before she did.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Flamestrike lead her towards the scent of prey. He flicked his tail to signal for her to go hunt. He broke off and went a short distance away. They hunted for a bit as the sky began to lighten up. Once it was time, he called Flintpaw back in. The prey was gathered back up, a good amount, and they headed back to camp for some well deserved rest.

OCC: topic end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start of Something New [Closed]   Start of Something New [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Start of Something New [Closed]
Page 1 of 1