Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Let's Start Here (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3792

Let's Start Here (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptyFri May 05, 2017 1:10 am

Having spent the day hunting and patrolling the borders, Leopardclaw was quite due for a break. After visiting his expectant mate in the nursery, the golden spotted tabby tom made his way on sore paws to the fresh-kill pile, and picked out a juicy-looking water vole. Shifting his gaze to look around the dusk-lit clearing, Leopardclaw avoided the other cats who were spread out for their evening meal; watching his clanmates chat and share tongues made him want to join in the fellowship, but as usual he found a nice secluded place near the edge of camp to eat his prey.

Ever since he was a young kit he had felt separated from his clanmates because of his rogue background, and hadn't made many friends. Not because of rejection or ridicule, but because of a lack of effort on his part. Being abandoned in the snow before he could even speak made him wary of close social connections, and feared that anyone he grew close to would only leave, like his mother. Thanks to Lichenfang's persistence and kindness, he had opened up to her as his first friend, and now she was excepting his kits; but she was all he had. His adoptive mother Mottledwing was missing, his mentor Grasswhisker had passed away, and any other friendly relationships he had were distant at best.

I guess it's my own fault...I avoided and outcasted my entire clan until I was a warrior. Now though..... With a sigh, Leopardclaw stared down at his meal, suddenly loosing his appetite as a wave of loneliness overcame him. Though he loved Lichenfang with all of his heart, and soon he would have kits to play with and guide, he felt like he was still missing something in his life. A close friend, someone who he could hunt and hang out with, without fear.

Interrupting his thoughts, Leopardclaw suddenly felt as if he was being watched. Black-tipped ears flicking warily, the young warrior gazed around the camp until he found the source of his unease; Ploverheart. Hazel eyes narrowing slightly, Leopardclaw stared back for a second before tearing away his gaze and taking a bite of his water vole.

Back to top Go down
atlastech

atlastech

Characters : [W]easelpaw - [O]akpaw - [C]herrykit - [P]loverheart
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptyFri May 05, 2017 3:18 am

Ploverheart had noticed Leopardclaw when he had first arrived. The "new" warrior had been curled up a tail-length away from the others, and he'd watched as the golden cat came in and sat down alone. He was surprised, at the least--he'd expected Leopardclaw to have someone to share tongues with! So he sat there, watching curiously. He honestly hadn't realized he was staring until Leopardclaw noticed him, and he thought he'd jump right out of his pelt. With a sigh, he rose to his paws and trotted over, putting on his warmest smile.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare," he said good-naturedly as he approached. He stayed a little ways away, but near enough to feel close and hold a conversation. Laying down, he carefully tucked his paws under his chest and dipped his head momentarily. "I just thought you'd like some company, is all!" The loud purr rumbled out of his throat, and he waved his feathery tail towards their Clanmates. "It's always good to share a meal with a friend."
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptyFri May 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Leopardclaw didn't except in the least that Ploverheart would approach him, so the golden tabby continued to eat and sink back into his own thoughts until the other tom's voice invaded his mind. Taken by surprise, Leopardclaw jerked his head up and was about to snarl a scathing 'Mind you're own business'; but something deep inside stopped him. You wanted a friend right? Well, this is how you make them!

For a moment the young warrior was silent, watching his paws awkwardly kneading in the dust. Soon enough though, with a flick of his torn ear and a calming sigh, he began to speak. "Ha....it's okay. I welcome the company." Growing a bit more comfortable, Leopardclaw took another bite of his vole, chewed, and swallowed before speaking again. Ploverheart seems like a nice cat, unlike someone else I tried to 'befriend'.

Chuckling slightly, Leopardclaw purred; "I don't have many friends, and the last time I tried to make one he gave me a scar I won't soon forget." Flicking his ripped ear pointedly, Leopardclaw motioned his tail towards the nursery as he spoke. "I normally eat with my mate, but she's confined to the nursery right now. Our kits are due any day now." He tried his best to sound casual, but he couldn't suppress the undertone of pride and excitement in his voice.

Back to top Go down
atlastech

atlastech

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptySat May 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Ploverheart blinked apologetically. Scars had always been part of being a warrior, but to think a friend had done that to Leopardclaw! He felt sad for him. He couldn't have imagined what it'd feel like to have someone you trusted tear through your ear like that. He felt like he quickly understood why Leopardclaw ate alone, then, too.

"Kits!" He suddenly exclaimed, the melancholy washing out of his face immediately. "That's great! I'm sure they'll be fine warriors, and you'll be an excellent father!" He purred, a chuckle rumbling in the back of his throat. "I can't wait to see them once they're allowed out of the nursery," he carried on easily. The pride in Leopardclaw's voice was obvious, but the enthusiasm in Ploverheart's (kits were always his favourite, after all--he loved watching them play) was enough to share between them both.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptySun May 07, 2017 4:14 pm

"T..thank you Ploverheart....." The tom's enthusiasm and compliments about his future parenting skills brought him a short second of confidence, but that glimmer of light faded as soon as it appeared. Truth was, for a while now Leopardclaw had been extremely worried and anxious about being a parent, a father nonetheless. The reason..... Leopardclaw hesitated for a moment, gazing at his companion, debating whether to confide in him about his doubts. Something deep inside seemed to compel him, and with a sigh he began to speak in a quiet, melancholy tone.

...but.....honestly I'm really worried. You see, I was abandoned in the forest when I was a kit, and taken in by ThunderClan. My adoptive mother was very kind to me, and my mentor Grasswhisker I almost consider my mother in her own right, but I never had a father, or a father figure...." Trailing off for a moment, the spotted tabby summoned up his courage and finished; "How can I be a good father, when I have no idea how to be one?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, the young warrior wished he could take them back. You idiot! Why should he care about your dumb self-inflicted issues? No one else does! Gazing down at his paws, Leopardclaw's eyes hardened and he let out a wordless hiss, expressing his insecure regret and worry. Not daring to look up at Ploverheart, he braced himself for whatever the tom would say or do, not expecting it to be good.

Back to top Go down
atlastech

atlastech

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 6:35 am

Ploverheart listened intently, twitching his ears as he listened to Leopardclaw's story. He felt a coldness in his stomach at that story.. he hadn't exactly known Leopardclaw his whole life, but Leopardclaw definitely seemed like a great cat. A cat that deserved to have a father, and a cat that deserved to be secure in raising his kits.

"I understand," he started softly, reaching out with his tail to brush the spotted tabby's shoulder. "Raising kits must be scary, especially when you don't know what to do. But I promise--" he withdrew his tail, offering up a smile, "--you'll do just fine." There was another pause, and he turned his nose upwards. A few clouds drifted lazily across the smile, happy and fat. "Just do what your heart says is right. You don't need a father to be one. If you believe in them, have faith in StarClan. They'll lead your paws right."

Trailing off, Ploverheart lowered his head again. His smile was still there, but it was softer now, almost faded entirely. "You'll be an amazing dad, Leopardclaw! And I can't wait to see your kits one day."
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptyFri May 12, 2017 10:37 am

Leopardclaw almost jumped out of his skin when he felt Ploverheart touch his shoulder gently with his tail; the golden spotted tabby wasn't entirely used to physical interaction with cats other than his mate and family. He managed to only flinch a bit on the outside, barely noticeable to the other tom, on the inside the young warrior almost felt something shift. Does he...actually care?

Slowly, the fearful, guarded look in his hazel eyes seemed to melt away. A faint, relieved smile on his face, Leopardclaw nodded in hesitant agreement and followed his friend's gaze up to the bright blue sky above. At the thought of StarClan, a single grey tabby face popped in his head that once again filled his heart with sorrow and confidence all the same; Grasswhisker, I pray for your guidance and courage.

Renewed strength in his voice, Leopardclaw looked back down to meet Ploverheart's gaze with his own, and meowed thankfully; "T..thank you Ploverheart. It's not often I meet a cat who's.....so willing to listen." Tilting his head a bit, Leopardclaw grinned for a moment before continuing the conversation, a slightly spry tone in his voice. "Haha, I can't wait to see them too. Sparkflower says that there will be at least two, maybe three. Dear StarClan, I don't even know how I can handle one! With a laugh, Leopardclaw bent his head to finish off his water vole while listening to Ploverheart.

Back to top Go down
atlastech

atlastech

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptyFri May 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Ploverheart chuckled, his grin turning wide and cheeky. "They'll be a pawful!" He purred easily, his large ears twitching slightly. "I guess that's why there's two of you. I'm sure you'll be ecsatic for them to become apprentices, so they're out of your fur" He stuttered the remark out with hesitance, worried he may upset Leopardclaw with the statement, but daring to say it regardless.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptySun May 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Leopardclaw laughed, the thought of he and Lichenfang herding a family of rambunctious kits into the nursery filled him with amusement and excitement.  Smiling, the tom purred; "Yea, it will certainly be a well earned relief, but I feel that I would soon miss them following us around, and pestering us to play mossball.  To see them grow into strong warriors though, it will be worth it."  Feeling like he was speaking a bit too much about himself, Leopardclaw turned the conversation onto Ploverheart, meowing; "So, have you ever thought of having kits?  Did you have a mate before you left, or maybe a cat you were interested in?"  The thought of pointless small talk usually didn't thrill him in the slightest, but today he was in a much more sociable mood, thanks to his friend's openness.

Back to top Go down
atlastech

atlastech

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptySun May 14, 2017 7:21 pm

Ploverheart laughed a little, shaking his head slowly as the questions. "No, no, no mate.. ad no one I was interested in," he chuckled, sounding amused at the very thought. He didn't really have a plethora of friends as a young cat.. he was friendly with the rest of ThunderClan, and the apprentices he shared a den with wer his friends, but Specklefur had been the only true friend he'd had.. "I would like to have kits one day, though," he added slowly, grinning mildly.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) EmptyTue May 16, 2017 12:06 am

Leopardclaw chuckled, and nodded. "When I was younger, I honestly didn't want either. Ever since I was rescued, I never felt like I was a true part of the clan, so I never really expected, or wanted, anyone to want to be my friend. Thankfully though, Lichenfang was found in the woods a short time after me, and the rest is history." With a friendly smile, the golden spotted tom continued; "You'd be an amazing father, I hope you get the chance someday!" For a moment he was quiet, trying to think of another topic, and a suddenly curiosity overwhelmed him. "I've heard of your sister Specklefur before, but it's only been in vague stories. I'm sorry for your loss, it must be hard to loose a sibling."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start Here (Closed)   Let's Start Here (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Start Here (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp-
Jump to: