Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ripped writes about something other than cats for once

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

Ripped writes about something other than cats for once Empty
PostSubject: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 23:52

An old project based off the song "Fix You" by Coldplay
Cover by Yellowcard

Looking for some thoughts and feedback. Dw I won't take any critiques too seriously ;D

Fix You

The pale light of a candle flickered, barely illuminating the musty, dark room of the cabin. In the bed, a man slept. His chest rose and fell softly with the flicker of the tiny flame. Next to him, I lay, wrapped in a blue and white checkered quilt. Its warmth was comforting, so I buried myself in deeper. Still hazy with sleep, I didn’t think much of my surroundings. When something shifted to my right, I became fully awakened and sat up. I gasped quietly, staring at him. At first, I drew a blank to what had gone on the night before, which terrified me. However, after a few seconds the memory began to flood back into my mind.

“Do you want to?” He whispered softly. My mind was blank, but I managed to nod feebly. Hands explored and dared every crevice, and before I could grasp the intensity of the moment, it was over. Internally, a part of me cried for the innocence that was lost, recognizing something inside was now dead. Externally, I was a stone cold. A pit of ice settled in my stomach.

Evan’s icy blue eyes bore into me; I felt exposed and naked, my soul completely bare to him. He was searching for some sort of reaction, but there wasn’t anything to give. I was numb. Of course, he did not care. How stupid it was to believe I could change him. Even after watching him use countless girls over the years, I’d been idiotic enough to believe things would be different between us, that maybe I would mean something.

A smirk crossed his lips, pleased with himself, as he propped himself up on one elbow and stared down at me. He’d gotten what he wanted, even if it was at my expense. Sure, I had wanted it too, thought I needed it, but being with him definitely wasn’t what I was looking for. I couldn’t speak for a moment, still trying to get a hold of what had just happened. When I finally regained control of my voice, it cracked and wavered with unseen tears, “This was a mistake…”

“Aw, come on, baby. You know you liked it,” Evan winked at me, the grin never leaving his face. A lump caught in my throat and it was all I could do to hold back my sobs. I reached for him, desiring some sort of comfort to fill the void that was consuming me from the inside out. Once he realized what was happening, a scowl replaced his smile and he pulled back like I’d struck him. He rolled away from me and stood up, “You know what, we can’t anymore. I don’t want to see you again. It’s for the better.”

I stared at him in disbelief. All I wanted was some reassurance that things would be alright, and for that, he decided to leave. The small strand that held my emotions together snapped in that instant and tears streamed down my face, “Evan, wait! No. It doesn’t have to be like this!” The man I loved looked down on me with disgust and walked out of the room, disappearing into some other part of the house and out of my life.

Damien’s rhythmic breathing brought me back into the moment, pulling me out of the nightmare. Something dripped onto the exposed skin below my shorts and I realized the tears had returned to my eyes. I tried to focus on the calming nightly sounds and ignore my racing mind. However, I wasn’t familiar with the surroundings and began to take it all in. The cabin seemed to be a simple one room or maybe two, neatly kept. A wooden nightstand and dresser were the only things adorning the room. It was comfortable. Somehow amidst all of the chaos from a few hours ago, I'd made it here. Everything is alright. I kept repeating in to myself over and over like some hopelessly broken record, but I couldn’t keep from mentally delving back into the past.

“Evan!” I screamed, not expecting a response. My erratic breathing nearly choked me as I attempted to gather my things and find the door. The hallway was dark and uninviting as I stumbled through it, racing towards the exit. Once outside, I slammed the door and leaned against it, still trying to regain control of my breath. When that didn’t work, I decided to get away, just leave. But where to go?

Something tugged at me, longing to run back to Evan and see if he’d be some sort of support, but I threw that notion away immediately. Eventually, my thoughts settled on something. I slid my phone from my pocket and stabbed at the numbers while I made my way down the near pitch black streets. It rang only twice before the other line picked up.

“Hey, what’s up?” His casual, carefree voice drew me out of confusion.

“Damien, I need you.”

Immediately, concern rose in his voice, “What’s wrong? What happened? Are you okay? Where are you?” I could barely register all of the questions, so I simply responded with the cross streets. He promised to rush over as fast as he could, and hung up. The next half hour flew by like seconds. Time was null because of how little I currently cared about what was going on around me. Twice, cars pulled up to ask if I was alright; I lied and sent them off. Some part of me considered how dangerous it was to be out alone at night, the other half shrugged it off like nothing.

Finally, the grayish-blue car stopped next to the street lamp. Damien lept out and rushed to my side, half guiding and carrying me to the vehicle. We said nothing for a long while. My friend stole glances at me, eyes shining with concern. The radio hummed softly in the background. After a bit, he couldn’t take it anymore; he wasn’t exactly the quiet type.

“I’m sorry I took so long to come get you. I was spending the weekend just outside of town. I rented a cabin,” Sincerity lined his words.

“It’s okay. You came. Thank you.” I answered shortly.

“Are you ready to talk about it?” Without meeting his eyes, I shook my head. Right then, the car skidded to a halt on the gravel road. Damien walked around and opened the door. He held out his hand and hoisted me up, pulling me underneath his arm. Together we walked into the small cabin. Instantly, I collapsed in the bed. Flashes of everything that had happened with Evan came back to me and I cried once again for what I’d lost.

At once, Damien was at my side. Arms encircled me. His fingers brushed light circles over the exposed skin on my arms. Gathering me up, he pressed his lips to my ear, “It’s okay, hun. It’s okay.” I turned and hugged him close, burying my face into his shoulder. And then I passed out.

A loud yawn and shuffling in the bed brought me back to reality. Damien blinked a few times before focusing his grayish-green eyes on me. I glanced over him; he was in a slightly too large white t-shirt and probably boxers under the blanket. Regardless, I didn’t care. I was glad to be here. He sat up and leaned casually against the headboard, propped up by the pile of pillows at the top of the bed. His hand found mine, entwining our fingers and bringing the back of my hand to his lips.

“Good morning,” He mumbled sleepily, “Are you feeling better?” Before I could answer, he had me firmly in his arms once more. I rested my head against his chest and nodded in response.

“Thank you,” the words barely came out.

“Tell me what happened,” I recounted the events again, reliving it in my head. The hurt, rejection, and every other emotion that came along with my horrible mistake. At parts where my breathing would catch with emotion, he’d hug me gently with reassurance. By the end, I could barely breathe, heavy with regret. Despite holding back tears, I’d done nothing to abolish the feelings.

“I feel so used.. so broken..” The words suffocated me.

“Hun, you made a mistake. I’m not going to judge you for it and you shouldn’t be so harsh on yourself either. We can’t change the past now, as much as I hate that you had to go through that,” When he paused, I saw flashes of anger in his eyes, “You deserve so much better, my dear. Forget about him. Everything will be alright, I’m here for you now.” My mouth dropped slightly in disbelief, how could he still want me after all of this? Damien hugged me tighter, smiling. I almost answered him, but was cut off by his afterthought.

“I will try… to fix you.”

Ripped writes about something other than cats for once Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Last edited by Ripped on Sun 23 Apr 2017 - 13:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Characters : Blackwhisker and Midge, coming soon.
Clan/Rank : "WCC's National Treasure"
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 9:54

OKI I GIVE UP

EVERYONE SAYS I'M THE BEST WRITER IN MY CLASS BUT

I OUGHT TO SHARE THIS YAAAA BOIZ

Blacktwig/Blackwhisker --- ThunderClan * Fallowstripe --- StarClan * Goatshade --- StarClan * Bouncepaw --- StarClan * Egretkit --- StarClan
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 13:03

XD well thank you very much Dim!

Back to top Go down
Sombra
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sombra

Characters : (T)awnystorm, (S)parkflower, (M)ossfoot, (P)inekit, (A)spentail {Felix, Raven, Sunpaw, Magpieclaw, Stormpaw, Redfeather, Saltpaw, Heatherstripe}
Clan/Rank : dead
Aries Goat
Number of posts : 2021

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 20:21

/screams

AMAZING

also, I freaking love Coldplay so this gets an extra 3000 cool points from me.

tawnystorm ~ sparkflower ~mossfoot ~ pale light of dusk
riverclan warrior ~ thunderclan meddie ~ windclan warrior ~ tribe of endless skies elder

Ripped writes about something other than cats for once Tumblr_mwqskpusDO1qcwhkeo1_500
Back to top Go down
bertie beetle

bertie beetle

Characters : Blazingwing, Mist [DEAD], Aspenkit [DEAD], Duskpaw [DEAD], Ash of the Burning Forest [DEAD], Drift, Hollykit (UNBORN)
Clan/Rank : NAW of thunderclan, rogue, kit of skyclan, apprentice of riverclan, app of windclan, kit of skyclan
Gemini Goat
Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 20:53

[screech]

IT'S SO GOOOD

thunderclan young warrior  -  skyclan apprentice  -  skyclan kit  - riverclan kit

me likey choro the churro

Ripped writes about something other than cats for once 9879156Ripped writes about something other than cats for once 9877833Ripped writes about something other than cats for once 9877898Ripped writes about something other than cats for once 9884046
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 23:11

Wow thanks guys :) glad to hear you liked it!

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 11:35

We're coming up on a year since I wrote about something other than cats... should I do it again??

Back to top Go down
Dimmeh

Dimmeh

Characters : Blackwhisker and Midge, coming soon.
Clan/Rank : "WCC's National Treasure"
Libra Snake
Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 12:05

YOU DO YOU BOI

ALL YOUR PROJECTS ARE AMAAAAZING

(i haven't changed, if you haven't noticed ;>)

Blacktwig/Blackwhisker --- ThunderClan * Fallowstripe --- StarClan * Goatshade --- StarClan * Bouncepaw --- StarClan * Egretkit --- StarClan
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3839

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 23:53

oof you hecking artist

~write~a~book~

Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 0:17

Aww thank you drippy :')

I started a place to throw my writings, feel free to leave any comments there, I'd certainly appreciate input! https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t33693-ripped-s-lit-dump

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripped writes about something other than cats for once   Ripped writes about something other than cats for once Empty

Back to top Go down

Ripped writes about something other than cats for once
Page 1 of 1