Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Training Patrol [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5878

A Training Patrol [closed] Empty
PostSubject: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 16:05

Making his way to the apprentice sleeping area, Smokepelt carefully worked his way over the mass of sleeping cats and found Owlpaw. "Hey, wake up," the deputy meowed in his usual soft tone, prodding at the smaller cat's side. Lately a lot had been on his mind from the recent border skirmish and he was glad that his mother had given him another apprentice, for it would help him take his mind off of all his worries.

Leaving the sleeping area, Smokepelt padded over to the freshkill pile and sat down, waiting for his apprentice. Per usual, the grey and white tom had awoke with the sun and watched as his misty breath disappeared into the dim lit air. Leafbare was coming fast and hopefully today him and his apprentice would be able to get some hunting done.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

A Training Patrol [closed] VHQrlk5
A Training Patrol [closed] 1QYZaRo

A Training Patrol [closed] Molex311
Back to top Go down
Owlsoul

Owlsoul

Characters : OwlPaw-Windclan FoxKit- Skyclan
Clan/Rank : Windclan/ Kit and Skyclan/Kit
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 18:09

Owlpaw awoke her ice blue eyes gleaming in the dark. "Are we training?" She stretched and followed smokepelt out of the den. She made her way past every sleeping cat and sat beside smokepelt and noticed some uncertainty in his eyes. "Hey are you feeling well?" She licked her paw and dragged it over her fluffy ear.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 20:13

Looking down to his apprentice, the tom gave her a smile. "Yes, we are training today. Eat something and then we'll go," he replied, flicking his tail to the freshkill pile. Waiting for her to eat, the deputy licked one of his white paws and perked his ears at her question. "I'm fine," he lied stoically and stood up. "Meet me by the entrance when you're done," Smokepelt meowed and padded towards the camp entrance.

Back to top Go down
Owlsoul

Owlsoul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 1:27

Gazing down at the fresh kill pile her insides starved. "Finally I haven't eaten in what seems like moons!" she said and picked a plump bush hare. Owlpaw finished eating and peered out at the sky. She looked at it for a bit and briskley trotted her way down to Smokepelt. She was all ready, her fluffy tail around her paws and her head high but calm.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 8:19

Meeting up with Owlpaw, Smokepelt trotted out of the camp entrance and headed towards the moor. "Today will be a hunting patrol so you can work on your hunting skills," he meowed to the apprentice. After a few moments, the two cats soon made it to the moor and the deputy sat down. "I know you don't know much at this point, but show me what you know on the hunter's crouch," he meowed calmly.

Back to top Go down
Owlsoul

Owlsoul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 15:10

Owlpaw took a deep breath letting the prairie scents kick in. Doing so she kept her ears perked and crouched with her tail up like a stick. "Like this? I saw the apprentices doing it as a kit." She then swayed her hips and pounced on a pebble. She then sat up with the pebble in her jaws and flicked her tail.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 16:09

Watching as the apprentice attempted the hunter's crouch, Smokepelt stayed quiet. Well, it was a decent start. "Close, but not quite," he meowed and stood up from where he sat. "When you crouch, you don't want your tail sticking up for all to see, but make sure it never touches the ground or the prey will hear you," the grey and white tom meowed, demonstrating a good crouch. "Now you try."

Back to top Go down
Owlsoul

Owlsoul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 18:41

Owlpaw nodded she copied her same couch, However she instead of keeping her tail high she kept it low but not touching in ground. She kept it still and creeped up again on the pebble but before pouncing on it she sat up and looked at Smokepelt. "I've heard of some wind tatic of hiding my scent from the prey.." She said. "Can you show me that?" Owlpaw finished and flicked her ear. Her ice blue eyes gleaming with interest.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 19:02

Watching the she-cat try again, he was glad that she was improving at such a fast pace. She'd become a great warrior someday. Giving her a nod to acknowledge her question, Smokepelt stood up from his hunters crouch and flicked his tail. "Follow me," the tom meowed and started trotting forwards. He'd need to show her with a live example for it to be understandable. "When hunting, you always want to be downwind from the prey so their scent comes to you, not your scent goes to them," he explained. After a few moments, the two cats made a wide circle and the wind blew in against their pelts. "Now, tell me if you can scent anything."

Back to top Go down
Owlsoul

Owlsoul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 19:22

Owlpaw scented a smell it was rich with life. The she-cat opened her mouth and closed her eyes and perked her ears. "Yes, its coming from that group of tall grass." Owlpaw whispered pointing her nose at a group of tall grass a few tail lengths away. She got into her crouch and slowly crept on her target. Her tail laid still and she followed the scent. She perked her ears. She held her position, Just a few seconds she pounced feeling the wriggling of something in her claws. She pawed it and it lied flat. She held her prey in her jaws. "I got a hare!" She exclaimed holding the limp rabbit in her jaws. "Its a medium sized hare though but I feel amazing!" She said with her pale mane puffed out. Owlpaw purred and dropped it at smokepelts paws.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 16:33

OOC: OMG I totally forgot about this :0 forgive me.

IC: "Good job!" he exclaimed at the apprentice's kill. She was definitely a skilled hunter. "How about we head back to camp so you can show everyone your kill?" he purred with a smile.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Training Patrol [closed]   A Training Patrol [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Training Patrol [closed]
Page 1 of 1