Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Art Advice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyleca

Tyleca

Characters : Pikekit [RC]
Clan/Rank : Riverclan Kit [RC]
Aries Goat
Number of posts : 797

Art Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Art Advice?   Art Advice? EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 15:51

Hey,

So I wasn't sure where to put this so yeah. I am planning on drawing some warriors from the books, but Im not that good at drawing cats. Does anybody have any advice?

addie ♥

Characters : Thinstripe (Female, Dead), Eaglefeather (Female, Dead), Lion (Male, Dead), Cherry (Female, Dead), Lulu (Female, Dead), Scout (Male, Dead), Finchshine (Female, Dead), Brokenkit (Male, Dead), Brackenpaw (Male, Dead), Maplepaw (Female, Dead), Toadclaw (Male, Dead), Sedgewhisker (Male, Dead), Newt (Male, Dead), Ivyshine (Female, Dead), Muddyfang (Male, Dead), Adderkit (Male, Dead), Otterfrost (Female, Dead), Emberfall (Female, Dead), Rowankit (Male, Alive)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Kit
Sagittarius Dog
Number of posts : 4487

Art Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Advice?   Art Advice? EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 16:52

I mostly start with either the fur, the ears, the eyes, or just start out with a base and them draw the body. That what I do, I would also like to give you one more piece of advice which is to look at a picture or someone's fan-art for it.
Back to top Go down
Thea

Thea

Characters : Stonepaw
Clan/Rank : Stone: TC MCA |
Number of posts : 992

Art Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Advice?   Art Advice? EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 17:09

Use circles. It really helps you shape out the cat. Try putting three circles in all: One for head, front leg, and back leg (cat facing side-ways.) Connect the circles with lines.

Stonepaw~TC MCA

Requirements:
Stonepaw: One Gathering~One MC Meeting~MCA for one month~Learnt battle system (healing section)
Back to top Go down
Bleu Haikyuu

Bleu Haikyuu

Characters : {A}Amberkit
Clan/Rank : {A}TC Kit
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1896

Art Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Advice?   Art Advice? EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 8:25

Look at anatomy of a cat, print it out, create circles around the shoulders, haunches and head regions, trace the outline of the cat a couple of times, then draw it on paper :)

Jughead

Characters : Falconpaw(Rowan), Hawkswoop(Diesel) Morningfog, Bat,Lightningstrike,Glass,Pepper, Webtail, Harepaw, Robinflight, Pinepaw, Clearkit
Cancer Horse
Number of posts : 2907

Art Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Advice?   Art Advice? EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 8:37

Start with the basics, break it down into simple guidelines.  Then, start with the larger parts of the cat, the torso, legs, head. Draw a bean and go off of that to make the torso, it really helps! Details come LAST! References are your biggest friend but, don't go too strict on it, use them for placement and anatomical needs. Watch cat videos to see how the face moves in different expressions or how the body moves during a certain pose to convey actual movement in your art.

#LEAFYALSOSINNED-Bun

Don't be afraid to PM me if you want me in your plot, I'll most likely say yes!

Things to look for:

Look closely at Pepper's text color, it changes to a lighter color as her plot progresses!

Any topic that affects a cross between Bat and Pepper will have something to do with fire.

Morningfog will occasionally have a topic that relates to mornings. These may or may not be important. It's mostly just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Tyleca

Tyleca

Characters : Pikekit [RC]
Clan/Rank : Riverclan Kit [RC]
Aries Goat
Number of posts : 797

Art Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Advice?   Art Advice? EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 14:44

Thanks for all of the advice! I'll be sure to try it all!

Art Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Advice?   Art Advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Art Advice?
Page 1 of 1