Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Petalpaw's training.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rose

Rose

Clan/Rank : [Sp]TC Leader [St]RC Elder [N] TC Medicine Cat [O] TC Apprentice [E] TC Apprentice
Taurus Cat
Number of posts : 1838

Petalpaw's training. Empty
PostSubject: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 12:57

Oliveheart padded out into the forest, waiting for his apprentice.

Blaze

Characters : Sunpelt; Dawnkit; Tawnykit; Hazelkit; Mosskit
Clan/Rank : Flamestripe - TC/StarClan Warrior; Sunpelt - TC/Warrior; Creammist - RC/StarClan Warrior; Meadow - BC/Dead; Swiftpaw - WC/StarClan Warrior; Heatherpaw - TC/Starland Warrior; Sorrelpaw - TC/Starland Warrior
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 13:35

Petalpaw headed after the scent of her mentor, excitement thrumming through her.

Click here to join Warriors New Trek!

Sunpelt|HP-60/SP-200|ThunderClan
Dawnkit|HP-5/SP-15|ThunderClan
Tawnykit|HP-5/SP-15|ThunderClan
Hazelkit|HP-5/SP-15|RiverClan
Mosskit|HP-5/SP-15|RiverClan

Sunpelt won Third Place in the Great Warriors Popularity Contest!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Clan/Rank : [Sp]TC Leader [St]RC Elder [N] TC Medicine Cat [O] TC Apprentice [E] TC Apprentice
Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 13:37

Seeing Petalpaw, Oliveheart purred "You ready for hunting?" he mewed.

Blaze

Clan/Rank : Flamestripe - TC/StarClan Warrior; Sunpelt - TC/Warrior; Creammist - RC/StarClan Warrior; Meadow - BC/Dead; Swiftpaw - WC/StarClan Warrior; Heatherpaw - TC/Starland Warrior; Sorrelpaw - TC/Starland Warrior
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 13:47

Petalpaw smiled. "Yup!" she replied, the fur along her spine rippling with anticipation of the hunt.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 14:08

Oliveheart nodded, and start padding into the forest. Scenting prey close buy, he crouches and turns to Petalpaw. "Whats the smell, tell me."

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 14:12

Petalpaw tilted her head, opening her mouth to smell deeply. "Um.. ah... I think... I think that's squirrel.. wait no, mouse! Yeah! It's mouse.. and I think there's a trace of squirrel there too, and that might be why I messed up before." She looked uncertainly up at her mentor, knowing she didn't do well. The pressure was messing her up, and now she would fail her apprenticeship and her mentor.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 14:28

"Good, its a mouse. Don't overthink it, no stress" he mewed quietly "Now tell me how you'd catch it."

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 14:33

Petalpaw thought a moment. "Well, I know that mice can feel vibrations very well, so when I stalk I need to think about how much pressure I put on the ground as I step. And, obviously, they would have really good reflexes, so I need to make sure that when I pounce the mouse is completely distracted.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 15:44

Oliveheart nodded "Show me."

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 12:32

Petalpaw's spine fur rippled uneasily. "Um.. uh.. okay... but what if I don't do well?" She glanced up nervously at her mentor as she dropped into a crouch.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 12:55

"Its okay, if you miss it will be fine, we'll try and then I'll point out mistakes and show you myself."

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 13:08

Petalpaw took a deep breath. "Okay.. I'm ready." She opened her mouth again, breathing deeply, trying to pinpoint the mouse's position. Sensing that the mouse smell was stronger to her slight left, she turned toward that direction and started stalking, keeping her paws light and careful but swift and confident, just like she had learned. I hope I don't mess up, I hope I don't mess up, I hope I don't mess up... she repeated over and over again to herself.

So far she seemed to be doing okay...

She kept a careful watch for any twig in her path, being sure not to rustle any leaves, carefully winding her way around any interferences. Finally, after what seemed like infinity plus 201 hours, she saw the leaves rustling around the bottom of a tree. She crept a little closer to it and took her hunter position, hoping against hope that she had all the mechanics down and her form was perfect. I hope I don't mess up, I hope I don't mess up...

The mouse suddenly emerged from the foliage, and Petalpaw forced her heartbeat to not thump against her chest and alert the mouse with its vibrations. She gathered her muscles, preparing for the leap, anxiety worming in her stomach. And now, with the mouse's back turned to her and the prey focusing on its food, Petalpaw sprang. She landed a bit unsteadily out of nervousness, but her paw snagged the prey as she landed, and using her mother's quick reflex skills, she reached with her left paw and caught the mouse beneath her two front paws. She dug her claws into the prey and leaned down to make the killing bite. She snapped the mouse's neck, and felt blood oozing past her teeth into her mouth. I'll never clean my teeth, she thought to herself with satisfaction. She took her paws off the prey and picked it up, turning around to head back to her mentor. Pride warmed her from nose to tailtip as she made her way to Oliveheart.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 15:25

"Good job!" Oliveheart purred, jogging up to Petalpaw.

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 4:09

Petalpaw smiled. "Thanks!" she purred, feeling very pleased with herself.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 8:45

"How about I leave you to hunt only 2 more prey huh? Let you practice without my eyes possibly making you feel pressured?"

PostSubject: Re: Petalpaw's training.   Petalpaw's training. Empty

Back to top Go down

Petalpaw's training.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next