Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

one paw after another [training]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6075

one paw after another [training] Empty
PostSubject: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyWed 12 Oct 2022 - 6:53

After a long and sleepless night, Nightdancer had settled on something so simple she might as well not have stressed over it. She would simply take her apprentice out hunting, as Dayquill had once done for her- though she would steer clear of Snakerocks, the snakes still making her uneasy. She was prone to jumping at the sight of them, or slipping somewhere far away for a good while.

"Alright, Sunpaw," she fixed her apprentice (and what a strange thing that was to have, when she had been one herself not all that long ago; never mind that by all rights she shouldn't have been) with a stare. "Let's start with something simple. Do you know the hunting crouch?"

Her thoughts drifted away from the moment, as they often did. She'd gotten used to getting lost in thought. But this moment... It was- poetry, in a sense, if she looked for it. Word to concept. Sunpaw to Nightdancer, as the sunrise followed every darkest night.

Under the sight of the slow-rising sun, Nightdancer made a wish on behalf of her apprentice.

May your morning be brighter.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
sal

sal

Characters : hickorypaw & turtlepaw
Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 12:58

Sunpaw

As a kit, Sunpaw’s natural propensity to awakening early had caused nothing but annoyance to every queen in the nursery. Now, though, he was grateful that he’d risen before sunrise. It gave him a bit of time to think about his first day of training… and the illusion that he was prepared for it, which was not at all the case. Still, the tomcat was excited, and determined to prove to his mentor that he’d be a great warrior. He didn’t ask questions (despite the large amount that he had) and Nightdancer didn’t offer much conversation as she led him out of camp. Sunpaw’s eyes were wide as he stared into the forest, ears and nose twitching to catch all the new scents ThunderClan’s territory had to offer.

It was’t lonng before Nightdancer stopped, and Sunpaw turned towards her, meeting her gaze with a hint of apprehension that was overwhelmed by adrenaline and excitement. The hunting crouch? “Well, I know what it is. And I’ve tried it a little before.” The tabby made a clumsy attempt at a crouch - it was at least recognizable as one, though clearly sloppy from the Sunpaw’s lack of training. He straightened back up into a standing position quickly; his muscles quickly got tired as a result of not using the position often.

“There’s so much forest out here,” Sunpaw said offhandedly, gazing out at the trees around them and giving his pelt a slight shake in the cool leaf-fall morning air. “Do you have to memorize it? I can’t even see the end of the trees.” He craned his neck curiously, but only recognized the camp entrance from the direction they’d come earlier. The tom’s ears twitched as he realized he’d already forgotten about his training, and he turned back to Nightdancer, a sheepish grin on his face. “Sorry. I, um. It’s just a lot of… new… things…” He trailed off, internally wincing slightly at his lack of decorum. “I’ll pay attention for the rest of the session. Promise!”

more active on discord ☆

hickorypaw | apprentice [20/80] | wc | ♀ | #c44999
turtlepaw | apprentice [20/80] | tc | ♂ | #7d5500
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 19:28

She blinked at his hunting crouch. "Not a bad first attempt," she told him, demonstrating her own. "But try this. It'll be more effective. You need to practice, but eventually it will be easy. Go on, practice- then you can try hunting."

Sunpaw's curiosity seemed to ignite something in Nightdancer. "The forest ends eventually," she answered. "Part of it belongs to SkyClan, and past that there's the other Clans, and the Twolegplace, and Highstones... And everything else, too. Except for Fourtrees, I've only seen any of it once- when I went to visit the Moonstone. It's... Different. Not bad, just different." After a moment, she realized she was talking without thinking. The words came easily, so she continued. "It seems endless now, but you'll learn how to tell where you are. It's as much a part of home as the camp is."

She turned her head, glancing back at the apprentice. "You don't need to feel bad for asking questions. How would you learn anything, otherwise? It's just that I can't promise to have every answer."

I can't answer my own questions, but maybe I can do something for Sunpaw.

Back to top Go down
sal

sal

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptySun 16 Oct 2022 - 12:16

Sunpaw

Sunpaw watched Nightdancer’s crouch attentively, attempting to copy it. The crouch was, of course, still clearly imperfect - but it was already better. The tom straightened up, checking the air for scents (he was pretty sure that was how warriors did it), half listening to Nightdancer as he caught scent of a vole. An ear twitched slightly as Nightdancer finished speaking as an acknowledgement of her words. “I think I scented something,” the tom murmured, voice dropping in volume as his ears pointed in the direction of the vole. “Gonna try and catch it…”

He could see the vole now, half-hidden under a pile of multicolored leaves a good bit away from him. Sunpaw resolved he’d like to get as close to the vole as possible without the hunting crouch, as it still hurt his body to do so for long periods of time. His nose twitched again as he tried to interpret which way was downwind; he didn’t know a whole lot about hunting, but he knew he wanted to approach with the wind blowing towards him so the little rodent wouldn’t see him coming.

Unfortunately for him, it did. Sunpaw tried to stalk towards it, but he was unable to do so without causing a lot of noise. The many leaves littering the forest floor did not help his case, and after a particularly loud rustle, the vole's head perked up, saw Sunpaw, and scurried away. Sunpaw made a halfhearted attempt at chasing it, but it was gone quickly, and the apprentice was left with a scowl and empty paws. He returned back to Nightdancer, tail twitching slightly. Most apprentices probably don't catch anything their first try either. But it would have been nice to impress Nightdancer.

Sunpaw did not catch the vole, losing 3 SP.
57/60 SP [-3]

more active on discord ☆

Last edited by sal on Sun 16 Oct 2022 - 12:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15179

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptySun 16 Oct 2022 - 12:16

The member 'sal' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

one paw after another [training] Mistpe10
one paw after another [training] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyMon 17 Oct 2022 - 15:14

Nightdancer purred in amusement. "A good first try," she told him. "The trick to it is-" she spoke, dashing after a squirrel she spotted around the side of a nearby tree and swiftly capturing it in her paws as she delivered a swift killing blow- "to choose your target carefully."

Her tail swished lightly, pleased with herself. She'd managed a good demonstration, if nothing else. "Once, I missed three catches in a row. You'd never know it now, would you? Look for something you can use your strengths to catch. I've dedicated myself to learning speed and precision, so I tend to go after squirrels that are about to dash back up their trees."

She blinked at the apprentice. "Patience and practice. No one is perfect when they've just started out."

Nightdancer caught a Squirrel, costing 3 SP!
77/80 SP

Last edited by Holly on Mon 17 Oct 2022 - 15:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyMon 17 Oct 2022 - 15:14

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
sal

sal

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptySat 29 Oct 2022 - 8:47

Sunpaw

Sunpaw doubted it was really a good first try - he hadn’t caught the vole, after all - but he allowed Noghtdancer’s praise to wash over him nevertheless, tail lifting slightly. He watched his mentor as she paused to track down a squirrel. It seemed effortless for her. With training, the tom thought, that will be me, too.

“I don’t have any particular strengths,” Sunpaw murmured. “My pelt is pretty good for blending in with the leaves right now, but it’s not going to last.” The apprentice scented the air again, undeterred by his previous failure. There was an abundance of scents around; the forest was rife with life, preparing for the danger of leaf-fall. Sunpaw decided he’d go for a squirrel like Nightdancer, and set off following a scent trail of one.

The squirrel was at the base of a tree, small claws scratching at dirt. Sunpaw’s approach wasn’t particularly graceful; under most circumstances, the catch would have likely been unsuccessful. But the squirrel was invested in its task, and the ginger and white tom was able to catch it with a quick pounce and bite to the throat. He returned to Nightdancer, catch proudly displayed in his mouth.

Sunpaw caught the squirrel for 3 SP!
54/60 SP [-3]

more active on discord ☆

Last edited by sal on Sat 29 Oct 2022 - 8:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptySat 29 Oct 2022 - 8:47

The member 'sal' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 11:04

"You've been an apprentice for a day," Nightdancer pointed out. "Of course you don't know your strengths yet, but I'm sure you have them. Every cat does. There's something you'll be good at, that much I can promise you- it might not be hunting, but that doesn't mean it's not there."

As Sunpaw succeeded in his second attempt, she nodded. "Look, you caught one on your second try. You're doing fine, especially for your first day."

Part of her said she ought to be harder on her apprentice- the same voice that she followed in her own endeavors for perfection- but for once, she was going to ignore it. It was one thing to push herself as far as she could, and entirely another to do it to such a young apprentice.

Struggling to keep still, she let herself stretch. "Do you want to keep practicing this, or do you want to try some battle training? Up to you, Sunpaw."

Back to top Go down
sal

sal

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 15:58

Sunpaw

Sunpaw wasn't certain if Nightdancer was being nicer than she should've. He half felt like she was - so supportive for all of his little uncertainties and mishaps. He appreciated it nevertheless, but uncertain of how to voice that feeling, ignored it and carried on.

Staring out across the territory, Sunpaw's ears twitched in thought. Fighting might not be as useful as hunting, given how much more likely it was he'd use hunting skills over fighting - but fighting just... Sounded fun? Turning to his mentor, the apprentice said (maybe a bit louder than was needed), "Battle training!"

more active on discord ☆

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] EmptyThu 10 Nov 2022 - 11:18

Nightdancer purred at the apprentice's enthusiasm despite herself, nodding. "Alright, let's keep this simple: I'm going to demonstrate, and then I want you to do the same."

Without further instruction, she charged forward to headbutt the apprentice- not enough to hurt, but enough that he was knocked back a bit; and most likely winded.

Nightdancer used Headbutt, dealing 5 damage and costing 5 SP!

Nightdancer
40/40 HP
95/100 SP (-5)

Sunpaw
15/20 HP (-5)
60/60 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one paw after another [training]   one paw after another [training] Empty

Back to top Go down

one paw after another [training]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: