Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Very Unexpected Birth

Go down 
+7
Underworldia
Blaze
Honey Badger
Knight
Hollyleaf
Sleepy
Icee
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Characters : Magpiepaw, Greenpaw, Mosskit
Clan/Rank : [MP] SC Apprentice || [GP] TC Apprentice || [MK] WindClan Kit
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 2708

A Very Unexpected Birth Empty
PostSubject: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:37 pm

No one could ignore the growing bulge on Mistfeather’s stomach. Everyday was a struggle to perform her regular duties with an enlarged belly. Eventually the deputy gave up and retired to the nursery, her legs too tired to lift her weight.

The night of her passionate affair with Palegaze was magical, but she could not return without worrying about the consequences. The stress was too much, so the tabby quickly confessed to the closest tom she could find. It just so happened to be Ashcloud, the oldest warrior in camp. And he accepted them. As much as she hated lying to her clan, she could not take any chances, especially with their current relationship with ThunderClan.

Late in the night, as all the Clan slept, Mistfeather lay awake, her eyes glued to her belly. The guilt and nausea from pregnancy was a terrible combination, so much so the she-cat could not sleep. Her eyelids began to droop as sleep washed over her, but the peaceful feeling was replaced by pain. The sharp pain ripped through her body. She yowled loud enough to wake WindClan across the moor. She had heard birth was a painful experience, but this? This was insane. How some queens managed to do this so many times was a miracle in itself.

Her first instinct was to call for Palegaze, but under the circumstances, she held her mouth shut. Holding back the urge to cry out in pain, she dropped her head and dug her claws into the ground, waiting for someone to help her.

A Very Unexpected Birth N05yAsy
magpiepaw ┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛ greenpaw
PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 pm

Sparrowleaf's eyes snapped open to the sound of a scream.

Another attack, was her first thought, but when the next yowl never came, the thought fled her head, her worry melting away like Greenleaf snows. She knew whose cry that belonged to, and as horrible as it was, it comforted her. This was her duty, what she was trained for, and she'd been expecting this night to come for the past few half-moons now. It had only been a matter of time before the kits came.

The medicine cat pushed herself to her paws, not rushing herself as she gathered up all the necessary herbs. Her first time doing this, as an apprentice, she'd rushed... It had been a hectic flight toward the nursery, and if she closed her eyes, she could still remember the panic and half-formed fears and the bile at the back of her throat as she rushed headlong through camp, a bundle of herbs in her mouth, kicking up sand with every step. She'd shoved them away and fumbled through the whole process, all her training escaping her as Frostcloud's breathing grew shallower and slower, shouting for someone to help her... The kits had survived, at least, even if she hadn't been able to save the mother.

She knew better now. She was a talented medicine cat, respected for her abilities if not her personality, and this was just another procedure.

Sparrowleaf swallowed back her dread, gathered the chervil and raspberry leaves into her mouth, and strutted briskly out toward the nursery under the cover of moonlight.

She slipped into the nursery, murky green eyes finding the deputy's silhouetted form among the moss and feathers. "Shh, Mistfeather," Sparrowleaf murmured after setting the herbs down beside her. "Take deep breaths and hold still."

OOC: I don't know if you wanted me for this topic or not but I got a PM and assumed you needed a meddie.

A Very Unexpected Birth I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:35 am

ooc: Yeah, I sent it to you too because meddies.

ic:
Mistfeather did not move an inch as the medicine cat entered and began soothing her. It helped take her mind off of the waning pain, but the lull was cut short again when another contraction rippled through her body.

"Am I really expected to stay calm right now?" the silver tabby hissed through gritted teeth. Trying her best to slow and regulate her breathing, the queen turned her attention to the entrance. As much as she wanted the ThunderClan warrior to come to her aid, she knew it would never happen. Instead she tried to focus on her mate. "I can't believe that mouse-brain's still sleeping," she commented before cringing in pain once again. These kits obviously did not know patience.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Sparrowleaf couldn't help but purr, despite it all. "No," she replied. "But stay calm anyways. It'll help this go along easier." She nudged the bundle of herbs closer to Mistfeather. "Chervil, raspberry leaves. Chew them up, but don't swallow."

Back to top Go down
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 2:11 pm

The deputy stared down at the herbs in disgust. The last thing she wanted to do was have leaves in her body when she just wanted the kits out. Reluctantly, she bent down and picked up the herbs in her mouth and began chewing, being careful not to swallow. Thankfully it didn't taste awful.

"I'm tired of waiting, and I think these rotten kits are too. Can we get started?" she asked through the plants.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Hollyleaf

Hollyleaf

Characters : (D)Whitefoot (E)Silverdapple(G)Rainfire (H)Oakpaw (I)Rainkit
Clan/Rank : (D) Riverclan/Warrior (E) Windclan/Warrior (G)Shadowclan/Warrior (H)Skyclan/Apprentice (I)Windclan/Kit
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 1479

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Dewpaw woke as she heard the sound of a wail, Was that Mistfeather? Is it time?She got up and crept out of the apprentice den and padded to the nursery quietly, filled with concern for her mentor, but also excitement and curiousity. As she approached the nursery she scented Sparrowleaf and relaxed, knowing she was in good paws. Weary about disrupting her at work Dewpaw poked her head in, " Is everything alright?" She asked hesitantly as she caught the strong scent of herbs.

OOC- Icee said it would be alright if I posted here, plus I have nothing better to do so yeah..

Windclan~ Silverdapple- Warrior
Shadowclan~ Rainfire- Warrior
Skyclan~ Oakpaw- Apprentice
Windclan~ Rainkit- Kit
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Ooc- sorry, lots of power outages

Ic- This dream was calm, soothing. Until a loud screech sounded. At first he thought it was a horrid twist of his sleep, throwing him into a nightmare. Instead of the sound itself, it was the abrupt end that shocked Ashcloud awake, immediately recognizing it as Mistfeather. Scrambling to his paws and disregarding the other warriors on his way to the den entrance, the white tom rushed to his mate in the nursery. His soft fur was in disarray as he panted at the den mouth.

These wouldn’t be his first progeny, as far as he knew. He didn’t know, however, that these weren’t his at all. Although, he did have two lingering in the territories; one was living out her life in Windclan, his other daughter here, in Riverclan. Of course, Silverwing probably didn’t know. Those five kits had been born without him there. He could be here for these, but what was he supposed to do?

His tail lashed from the anxiety, enough so that he might as well be having kits himself. Gaze flickering from Mistfeather to the medicine cat almost constantly, he stammered out, “W-what can I do to help her? Anything?” He sank his light claws into the dirt.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Hollyleaf

Hollyleaf

Clan/Rank : (D) Riverclan/Warrior (E) Windclan/Warrior (G)Shadowclan/Warrior (H)Skyclan/Apprentice (I)Windclan/Kit
Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Dewpaw ran her thick grey tail over Ashcloud's flank lightly, "Don't worry, Mistfeather's in good paws, honest! If Sparrowleaf needed help I'm sure she would give us a call. Shall we sit outside and give her some space? You'll have a litter of healthy kits shortly by the sound of it." Dewpaw's big sky blue eyes took on an amused glint in the moonlight as she tried to comfort the anxious tom. Toms! They act like she-cats just learned how to kit yesterday! She mused while trying to direct the tom outside of the nursery.

Windclan~ Rainkit- Kit
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:40 pm

"You can help by giving me some space," Sparrowleaf snapped behind her, before turning back to the queen. No doubt they'd stick around if she really did need them. These types of things always gathered a crowd. "Just push now, Mistfeather. Dewpaw, go grab a stick for her to bite on. There should be one in my den, no leaves or splinters. Make a mess out of my herbs and you'll never see your warrior ceremony. Ashcloud... just shout encouragement or something." Warriors weren't good for much else in her experience, especially toms. This wasn't their kind of battle to fight.

OOC: Sorry I'm a bit late.

Back to top Go down
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Watching Ashcloud panic around her irritated the queen. And with the arrival of Dewpaw, the whole den seemed to begin closing in on the four of them. Thankfully, the most calm cat present saved her the trouble of lashing out at them. Looking up at the trusty medicine cat, Mistfeather nodded and proceeded to push. She wasn't sure if she was doing it right, but a firm pressure told her otherwise. Purring to help ease the pain, the tabby continued pushing until the pressure receded and she was left panting. Feeling something warm at her legs, she looked back in surprise to find a little she-kit. She was a bundle of fur, almost an exact replica of herself.

The queen smiled, bending down to lick the kit's head. She was going to clean her more but another kit was eager to join their sister.

ooc: s'okay. first is badge :D

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Hollyleaf

Hollyleaf

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:59 am

Dewpaw nodded and rushed out of the den to grab a stick, arriving at the medicine cat's den she was careful not to disturb any of her supplies. She found a stick Sparrowleaf had described and brought it back with her leaving it in front of Mistfeather.

Windclan~ Rainkit- Kit
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7376

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm

The first thing that the small kit was aware of was the feeling of something warm yet felt strange on her fur as it ran across her head. A small weak meow escaped the newborn as the warm tongue left her, crying out for a source of warmth as her whole body shook from the lack of heat she was having trouble generating. She attempted to crawl toward the giant limbs near her to cuddle for them for warmth, but her paws were to weak for herself to make it over there, causing her to let out another cry as she struggled toward anything to keep her warm.

A Very Unexpected Birth ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 2:58 am

Sparrowleaf gently grabbed the kit by the scruff, pulling her away to set her in front of the apprentice at the nursery entrance. "Lick her fur. It'll keep her warm," she instructed Dewpaw, before turning back with the stick. "Bite. Keep pushing. We still have awhile to go."

Back to top Go down
Hollyleaf

Hollyleaf

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 6:13 am

Dewpaw began to lick the small kits fur as instructed, Being a medicine cat must be difficult! She thought looking at Sparrowleaf in appreciation for all she does.

Windclan~ Rainkit- Kit
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 11:13 am

Ashcloud nodded and backed outside the den entrance. He was feeling more and more useless in this situation; Sparrowleaf's suggestion sounded sarcastic to his ears. He wouldn't even know what to say if it wasn't. 'You'll be fine,' Well, she didn't sound very fine at all. Nothing encouraging came to mind. He just sat there, opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Very Unexpected Birth   A Very Unexpected Birth Empty

Back to top Go down

A Very Unexpected Birth
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: