Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] Empty
PostSubject: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Wailingpaw laid helpless in the medicine den in the Riverclan camp. His every breath sounding weak, as every cough sending a rough shudder through his small frame. His usually immaculate fur was a mess, which was highly unusually for the fastidious cat that couldn't abide a strand out of place.  There was little he could do, each movement weakened him, and every cough took his breath away. It was a frustrating situation for him particularly, he'd recently become an Apprentice only to be struck down with greencough.

When he heard a cat approached, all he could do was mreow weakly in greeting. He hadn't the strength to even open his eyes to see who it was.
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Characters : berrykit ; goldenkit
Clan/Rank : riverclan / kit ; shadowclan / kit
Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 4281

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:45 pm

"Wailingpaw!" Icepaw said sadly. "Wailingpaw I heard you got greencough!" She ran to her brother and began looking frantically for some wet moss. Grabbing some, she dragged it to his side. She ran over to the entrance to grab a fish and dragged it to him too. Though her brother teased her and pushed her and pounced on her tail they shared the sibling bond and she would always have his back as he probably would his. "When your hungry, eat that trout I caught, and when your thirsty lap that up.." She began looking for Sparrowpaw. "Oh, where is she?" She said frantically.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

my active characters ~ my profile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:00 pm

"Hey, Icepaw," he gasped out affectionately, he could always count on his sister to be there for him. He flicked his tail to swipe her shoulder, a silent gesture meant to reassure her. He was exhausted, and his throat hurt, but he wasn't on his deathbed. He didn't like his cheerful sister sounding so concerned.

"I'll be fine, you mouse-brain." He wheezed. "I'll eat your trout, and drink up, and be fit as a kit born in Newleaf."

His voice brimmed with bravado, he rested for a few seconds again, exhausted from speaking to much. Then licked the wet moss, to soothe his parched throat. He too hoped that Sparrowpaw would hurry and fine some herbs that could rid him of this dreadful cough.
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Icepaw was still too frantic. But she relaxed when he drank up. She sat down next to him. "You sure you're okay? I can tell you don't like my concerned manner. But you're my brother! I'm staying here until Sparrowpaw comes and tells me to shut up and leave!" She said to him, firmly. She stuck her nose in the air, making a point.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm

"No, you fishspawn! You'll get sick too!" He mreowed loudly despite his aching throat, pulling himself up enough to nudge her away. She was his sister, and he didn't want her to be ill like him. They'd both heard elders speak of previous bouts of greencough which claimed the lives of cats. He couldn't risk her health, even if her company was soothing.

"What will Sunstar do without one of our best fish hunters? You have to leave for the sake of our clan." He spoke carefully, pacing himself. Trying to avoid another bout of coughing.
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Though she was proud at his comment of her being a good hunter, she didn't want to leave. But she nodded, nudged the fish closer to him. "Goodbye, Wailingpaw." She sighed and of off.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Wailingpaw looked on sadly, but with the knowledge he made the right choice held back his selfish desires for company. He nudged her on. "Don't worry about me, Icepaw. Bye."

And now he waited for Sparrowpaw, curled up in his nest of moss. He tried to keep warm, and ate mouthfuls of the trout Icepaw left between coughs.
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Characters : Copperpaw, Shadepaw
Scorpio Pig
Number of posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:13 pm

(kind of just joining in here. I never has had sick cat on hear before so sorry if i take it to far or whatever)

Silverwing came back in to camp from a self hunting patrol. She only manage to catch a small trout because off the lack of prey due too the cold weather of leafbare. She put in the freshkill pile with the rest of what little prey there was. She wasnt going too take any prey for self until she new everyone else in the clan had been feed. After the trout was in the freshkill pile she back up a bit from the pile to let out a raspey cough. She had been doign it all day and had not been seen to. it just a cough. i probably just choked on air or something. She thought too herself.
Back to top Go down
http://mcocrpg.forumotion.co.uk/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:08 am

Wailingpaw had been napping his aches and pains away when he heard, Silverwing's rasping cough. He was deeply concerned, the last thing the Riverclan needed were more sick cats. But knowing how infectious Greencough could be, he crawled out to the freshkill pile to see who was coughing.

"Silverwing, is that you with that awful cough?"

(ooc: No, its cool. Greencough or Whitecough?)
Back to top Go down
iceychu

iceychu

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 am

A harsh cough erupting from the mouth of Rippletail awoke him from his restless slumber inside the Warriors den. "Not this stupid cough again." The toyger mumbled to himself, before another bout of chesty hacks shook his thin frame. Once the coughing subsided, he hoisted himself into a sitting position, enabling him to smooth his ruffled fur with his tongue in between the frequent coughs. Having fully awakened himself, the tom stood on trembling legs and emerged from the den and headed for the camp entrance. Rippletail was only a quarter of the way to his destination when the tickling in his parched throat commenced once more, resulting in a tremendously loud cough that even a deaf vole could hear. Miraculously, the coughs died down quickly, leaving the brown tom breathless as he crouched on the snow-dusted floor. Still catching his breath, Rippletail forced himself to stand up straight and have a look around camp before he left to go hunting- if he didn't collapse on the way there. A familiar lump of fur in the Medicine cat's den caught his attention, and as he narrowed his navy eyes the Warrior recognised his son, Wailingpaw. Suppressing the panic that arose in his belly, he dragged himself over to his son, passing Silverwing on the way. "Wailingpaw, are you Ok? Are you hurt? Do you need anything?" Rippletail's voice held the tone of concern, and echoed with a slightly high-pitched sound, one that a mother would have if she were fussing over kits. Shortly after he finished speaking, the toyger's skinny body was swamped with shakes, and the coughs once again initiated. But this time they were chesty, and mucus clogged Rippletail's throat, which left him unable to speak.

Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 am

Pikachu wrote:
Wailingpaw had been napping his aches and pains away when he heard, Silverwing's rasping cough. He was deeply concerned, the last thing the Riverclan needed were more sick cats. But knowing how infectious Greencough could be, he crawled out to the freshkill pile to see who was coughing.

"Silverwing, is that you with that awful cough?"

(ooc: No, its cool. Greencough or Whitecough?)

(White)

Silverwing was to busy coughing t o answer.

(short post :P)
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:07 pm

**Time Skip, Ten Minutes**

Icepaw slowly walked in, bringing another trout for her brother. She figured he finished his. But she scented her father and Silverwing. "Hi dad!" She mewed. "Hi Silverwing." Gingerkit trailed behind her. Gingerkit coughed and walked down to some moss that was left there. She had been staying in the medicine cats den for a few days. 'Here, I brought a trout." Icepaw said and dropped it. "I gotta go. I got picked for a hunting patrol. Bye dad, bye Gingerkit, bye Silverwing, bye Wailingpaw!"

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:26 pm

"Hi," Silverwing replied to the aprentice in between coughs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

(OOC: Going to start this slightly before Cat's timeskip)

"I'm fine, Rippletail." Wailingpaw shifted himself, trying to look somewhat alive despite being quite ill himself. He pressed his muzzle against his father's foreleg in an attempt to be reassuring, only to be accidentally pushed aside when the toyger's coughing surprised him. A bolt of panic went through him, what if they both had greencough? Was is his fault? He was one of the first in camp to get it after all.

"Silverwing, you too!?" He was fully in panic mode, both warriors were definitely ill. Just how many of their clan mates were ill? What was the Riverclan going to do with so many ill? At least Icepaw is fine, he thought to himself. But when he saw her approaching, he was going to snap at her to go away, until he saw Gingerkit come over. He even forgot to thank his sister for the trout, fussying over Gingerkit, a fellow nursery mate.

"We should all go rest in the medicine den. We'll get everyone else sick if we stay out." It took a while for him to speak these words, gasping between each few words.
Back to top Go down
Spottedleaf

Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:56 pm

Silverwing coughed some more befroe getting up on her paws. She didnt want to rest in the emedicne den but new it was probably the bes t thing she coul d do for herself and clanmates that were nt sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]   To be ill is a bitter fate [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

To be ill is a bitter fate [Open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next