Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

9/11 Anniversary

Go down 
+5
Ebby
Coal
Shadow
Spottedleaf
Sleepy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 0:14

https://archive.org/details/911/day/20010911

I was too young to really remember what it must have been like, the same as most of you, but it's still pretty crazy and sobering to think about.

3,000 people dead, over 6,000 injured, and at least $10,000,000,000 dollars in damage done. Damn.

9/11 Anniversary I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Spottedleaf

Characters : Copperpaw, Shadepaw
Scorpio Pig
Number of posts : 1182

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 13:18

I wasnt even born yet xP
Anyways, we did talk about it at school today in social studies. We didn't really have time for much because each class was 20 minutes because today was a half day. I got home at 11
Back to top Go down
http://mcocrpg.forumotion.co.uk/
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 21:14

Spottedleaf wrote:
I wasnt even born yet xP

Dear Lord I feel old... I mean, I honestly wasn't exactly old enough to understand it much either. I remember being in first grade and my mom picked me up from school early. I saw what happened on the news but honestly thought it was some kind of movie on tv. It took a few years before I finally comprehended what happened. And at six years old, I even had the gumption to ask my mom why they kept showing it on tv all day... oh young me...

But to think that all of that went down thirteen years ago. That's crazy. And if any of you guys ever get the chance to go to New York City, you need to see the memorial. It's phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
Coal

Coal

Leo Goat
Number of posts : 1823

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 10:47

That was 2 years before I was born..

My Babies:
Back to top Go down
http://wotf.forumotion.com
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 12:21

Shadow wrote:
Spottedleaf wrote:
I wasnt even born yet xP

Dear Lord I feel old... I mean, I honestly wasn't exactly old enough to understand it much either. I remember being in first grade and my mom picked me up from school early. I saw what happened on the news but honestly thought it was some kind of movie on tv. It took a few years before I finally comprehended what happened. And at six years old, I even had the gumption to ask my mom why they kept showing it on tv all day... oh young me...

But to think that all of that went down thirteen years ago. That's crazy. And if any of you guys ever get the chance to go to New York City, you need to see the memorial. It's phenomenal.

While we're at it, 9/11 is closer to the fall of the Berlin Wall than it is to the modern day.

9/11 Anniversary I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 12:33

I read somewhere that the search and rescue dogs were getting so depressed because they were finding so many dead bodies in the rubble, and they'd thought that they were doing something wrong. So S&R Workers had to hide themselves in the rubble and be "found" to keep the dogs' spirits up.

9/11 Anniversary PDt1Qqd 9/11 Anniversary Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 12:39

Ebony wrote:
I read somewhere that the search and rescue dogs were getting so depressed because they were finding so many dead bodies in the rubble, and they'd thought that they were doing something wrong. So S&R Workers had to hide themselves in the rubble and be "found" to keep the dogs' spirits up.

If that's true, that's pretty depressing.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptyFri 12 Sep 2014 - 12:41

Ebony wrote:

Saw that on lebbit.

It's because rescue dogs get a kicka** little personal party as a reward when they find survivors, so when they kept searching for hours on end and only found dead bodies they got stressed out and stopped working.

9/11 Anniversary I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
iceychu

iceychu

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 828

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 5:29

Someone in my class was born that day...I was born 2 months and 15 days later.

Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 10:03

I was 3 when this happened. I remember my mom keeping me away from the tv before we went and got Shadow.

But 8th grade and this year I've watched two documentaries on it. One was from anew firefighters prospective, and the other was from the mayor's prespective. The one in the firefighters view was really scary, because he was right there when it all happened. The one with the mayor has different videos from different people's phones or cameras. Watching all of it makes you want to cry.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3537

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 14:13

We talked about this all Marketing Class. No, we didn't talk about the markets. Besides the fact that the gas prices ultimately rose because of 9/11. Everything you guys know now, the flight securities, the amount of people supporting the government for securing the border, ect. Was the after effects of this. Literally, my Social studies teacher's mother took a rifle on the plane, and was only stopped because it was packaged wrong. Before, people could carry weapons, water bottles, and full bottles of shampoo and conditioner without having to throw it out. Now there is a certain size to where you can't carry any size larger than that.

I was one year old, and I even feel old with kids not having been born during the attack. It was never a shock to me when I learned about it. I pretty much grew up knowing about it. Though, every 9/11, to this day, I watch documentaries, like the firefighter's. It's about this new guy joining the force, and his experience going through the ranks. That was, until they heard the sound of the airplane. They all looked up and the camera caught the plane hitting the first building. From then on, it was about them going in and rescuing people. They just exited the building when it collapsed too. It's was pretty intense.

Also, 9/11 is one of the biggest attacks on American soil, replacing Pearl Harbor.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

9/11 Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 Anniversary   9/11 Anniversary Empty

Back to top Go down

9/11 Anniversary
Page 1 of 1