Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Friends and Some Training

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormi the Gummy

Stormi the Gummy

Clan/Rank : {Storm}Riverclan/Experienced Warrior {Adder}Thunderclan/Experienced Warrior {Red}Shadowclan/Experienced Warrior {Wolf}Shadowclan/Apprentice
Pisces Cat
Number of posts : 3741

Friends and Some Training Empty
PostSubject: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 13:55

Redpaw padded over to a nice, open space in the territory and turned to face Soulpaw, who was supposedly following right behind him. "Alright Soulpaw, as I promised, I'm gonna help you with some of your battle training since I am older and obviously more experienced." He purred, adding a teasing remark at the end just for fun. The russet tom got into a ready position, back legs backed out, front claws digging into the ground for grip, tail lashing and a snarl on his face for a menacing look. He actually looked like he was going to attack Soulpaw. Redpaw let out a hiss but before anyone could freak out like "What the heck are you doing", he sat up and nodded. "Can you make yourself look intimidating?" He asked. Hey, for starters if Soulpaw could make himself look dangerous enough then he probably could avoid some minor fights that would only waste time.

Friends and Some Training Homestuck_stamp_by_sinderish-d3gnmxzFriends and Some Training Karkat_stamp__gray__by_chameleonraptor-d48qxhrFriends and Some Training Stamp__terezi_by_shendijiro-d47mqtaFriends and Some Training I_love_gamzee_by_nosense616-d47vsgh
Friends and Some Training 1voydFriends and Some Training 2gy1qubFriends and Some Training One_Piece_Luffy_Stamp_by_erjanksFriends and Some Training StampOnePiece
Back to top Go down
Soul

Aries Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 13:59

Last edited by Xiinos on Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 2:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormi the Gummy

Stormi the Gummy

Clan/Rank : {Storm}Riverclan/Experienced Warrior {Adder}Thunderclan/Experienced Warrior {Red}Shadowclan/Experienced Warrior {Wolf}Shadowclan/Apprentice
Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 14:23

Ooc: Lol
Alright when you use the battle system, all you have to do is roleplay what move you are using and on who, then put down in bold what move you used. Also make sure to have your HP and SP under that. To see how much damage and stamina you are dealing/using, look here. To see how much HP and SP you have(Health and Stamina), look here.
For example...Redpaw will be using Front Paw Blow on a tree. The tree is a practice dummy, so I'll give it 0 HP and 0 SP. In an actual battle, if your SP or HP hits 0, she are either knocked out or forced to retreat. There are special cases that requires the rper's permission for their cat to be killed when their HP hits 0, but that rarely happens so don't think much of it. If you see it happen then you'll get what I mean.

Ic: Redpaw grinned. "Oh ho ho, look at this scary warrior over here. Better not mess with him!" He huffed in amusement. He then sheathed his claws as he got in a battle stance for the actual move practice. "Alright, Snowfall taught you the Front Paw Blow already, right? It's pretty simple anyways; a kit could do it." With that, the tom leaped past Soulpaw to a tree. He smashed a sheathed paw against the bark of the tree, and since it was a small tree(A sapling, more like it), it shook a little in response.

Redpaw used Front Paw Blow on TreeSapling, dealing 12 points of damage and using up 5 points of stamina.

Redpaw
20/20(HP)
75/80(SP)

TreeSapling
0/0(HP)
0/0(SP)

Ooc: You don't have to put the SP and HP of your opponent, but it's often appreciated by the other member :3
Also obviously the tree cannot attack or be knocked out, but when in a real fight with another character, you take turns. In other words, you post then your opponent posts then you post then your opponent posts. Some moves can stun your opponent so that they can't attack that turn(and sometimes the one after that either), though you should still let them post before you deal more damage.

Friends and Some Training Homestuck_stamp_by_sinderish-d3gnmxzFriends and Some Training Karkat_stamp__gray__by_chameleonraptor-d48qxhrFriends and Some Training Stamp__terezi_by_shendijiro-d47mqtaFriends and Some Training I_love_gamzee_by_nosense616-d47vsgh
Friends and Some Training 1voydFriends and Some Training 2gy1qubFriends and Some Training One_Piece_Luffy_Stamp_by_erjanksFriends and Some Training StampOnePiece
Back to top Go down
Soul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 14:34

Back to top Go down
Stormi the Gummy

Stormi the Gummy

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 14:43

Ooc: 'K When we do the Front Paw Strike(Basically the same thing), can you try it out so I can make sure you know what you're doing? x3

Ic: Redpaw rolled his eyes and chuckled as well. "Yes, hello, I am attacking a tree." He meowed, then unsheathed his claws on the paw he had just smacked the tree with. "Then when you actually try to do damage, using your claws obviously, it's called the Front Paw Strike. Don't ask me about the naming, I didn't make this stuff up." The tom put more force behind his paw this time as he slammed his paw into the bark and raked his claws down it, scraping some of the bark off.

Redpaw used Front Paw Strike on TreeSapling, dealing 14 points of damage and using up 10 points of stamina.

Redpaw

20/20(HP)
65/80(SP)

TreeSapling
0/0(HP)
0/0(SP)

Back to top Go down
Soul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 14:54

Back to top Go down
Stormi the Gummy

Stormi the Gummy

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 15:11

Ooc: Perfect :D You don't have to type it like I did, that's just my way of doing it. As long as you say how much damage you said, how much stamina you used, what move you used, and your HP/SP after what you just did. Some people litterally are just like...

Used Front Paw Strike
-14 HP
-10 SP

Character: (CURRENT HP HERE)/(CURRENT SP HERE)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Ic: Redpaw nodded and hopped over to face him. "Next is the Belly Rake. If your opponent is bigger than you, duck under them and twist to rake your claws into their stomach. If they are smaller than you, knock them over and claw at their stomach and then jump away before they can lash out at you." He explained. "Since you're smaller than me..." Suddenly the tom shot forward and slammed Soulpaw onto the ground, slashing sheathed paws harmlessly at the younger apprentice's belly. Before Soulpaw could recover from the sudden attack, Redpaw leaped backwards, away from him. "Like that." He meowed, standing tall so that Soulpaw could try it out on him. "You're turn."

Redpaw used Belly Rake on Soulpaw, dealing 15 points of damage and using up 10 points of stamina.

Redpaw
20/20(HP)
55/80(SP)

Soulpaw
20/20(HP)
70/80(SP)

Ooc: Since they're practicing and no one actually gets hurt, I didn't actually subtract any health from Soulpaw; he still has 20/20 HP.
Also there's something important I need to mention but I forgot it D:

Back to top Go down
Soul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 15:19

Back to top Go down
Stormi the Gummy

Stormi the Gummy

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 15:46

Redpaw blinked then nodded in agreement. That move was kinda sloppy, but then again it was Soulpaw's first time at it. "Yeah well you'll get it soon enough. For now let's go ahead and knock out the rest of the moves." He meowed, getting in position for the next attack. He looked like he was going to pounce, his green eyes locked onto Soulpaw as if he just spotted prey. "This next attack is called Leap-and-Hold. Can you guess what you do?" The tom leaped forward, landing on Soulpaw with his front paws on his 'opponent's' shoulders for leverage. He raked sheathed paws down his back, not actually doing any damage since they were training. He then leaped off and looked back at Soulpaw with an expectant expression.

Redpaw used Leap-and-Hold on Soulpaw, dealing 14 points of damage and using up 10 points of stamina.
Soulpaw is stunned for 0 turns.

Redpaw

20/20(HP)
45/80(SP)

Soulpaw
20/20(HP)
60/80(SP)

Ooc: You use the Dice Roll for this move. When you use this move, roll the Effect Dice! If you roll a 1, 2, or 3, you cannot be hurt for one turn. In other words, your opponent loses a turn. If you roll a 4, 5, or 6, you cannot be hurt for two turns. However since we're practicing, I just made Redpaw jump off so that you could try out the move. When you do it though, try to do the move like you would normally do(except of course you don't do damage). As long as the move is in effect, you keep dealing damage, but you only lose stamina when you begin the move.

Example of both types of rolls:

There is a special move that people can use to cancel Leap-and-Hold. But it can't be used by apprentices and doesn't even do a lot of damage to you. If someone uses this while you're using Leap-and-Hold, you are thrown off and the move is canceled.
Oh and I remembered the important thing to tell you: You cannot use the same move twice in a row. So no spamming Leap-and-Hold or something.

Also I'm only teaching you moves that apprentices can use. When you climb the ranks, you'll be able to use other moves in battle but no one will teach them to you. Just try to figure out how they work later on. Even so, if you know how to do the basics, it's really easy to understand the other ones.

Last edited by Stormion GT on Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 15:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15130

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 15:46

The member 'Stormion GT' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Friends and Some Training Mistpe10
Friends and Some Training Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Soul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 16:01

Last edited by Xiinos on Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 2:16; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15130

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptySun 26 Jan 2014 - 16:01

The member 'Jay Jerks Off Horses' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Friends and Some Training Mistpe10
Friends and Some Training Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Stormi the Gummy

Stormi the Gummy

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 10:58

Ooc: Jay Jerks Off Horses
We're gonna skip the whole stun deal of course, since we be training. o3o

Ic: Redpaw whirled around, bucking the other apprentice off with ease since they weren't actually fighting and therefor no claws were involved. The move had to be done with your claws or you couldn't get a good grip, but while they were training, grip didn't matter. As long as he jumped and attacked right; you know, knew what he was doing and all. Well, close enough.
"Nice!" Redpaw purred, green eyes glinting in satisfaction. "We got two more moves. The first one we'll do is Run-and-Tackle. It's pretty self-explanatory...You just run at your opponent and, well, tackle them. Like this-" He shot forward before he even finished speaking, running towards Soulpaw at dangerously high speeds. Suddenly his claws slid out and dug into the ground, and he came to a rusty but safe stop before he could hit his friend. "...You know except I won't actually hit you. There's a lot of force behind it." He huffed, shaking a paw and sheathing his claws. "Now you try. I'll jump out of the way in case you can't stop yourself; Give it all you got."

Ooc: It's a simple move that does a lot of damage :3 However since you don't need to be slamming yourself into a tree, don't bother with the damage or anything. You've gotten the hang of that anyways.

Back to top Go down
Soul

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 11:05

Last edited by Xiinos on Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 2:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormi the Gummy

Stormi the Gummy

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 11:46

Redpaw backed up a step just to be safe. His eyes had widened automatically, but he relaxed quick. "Yeah, that was awesome." He praised, giving a small, prideful smile. "And before you know it we're almost done. Last thing to do is the Tail Yank. You grab your opponent's tail and pull the life oughta it to surprise them. It sure stings enough to leave them rolling around a moment, which is the perfect time for you to strike." Redpaw meowed, spinning around and rushing past Soulpaw, making a u-turn before he even got two tail-lengths away and grabbing the white apprentice's tail in his teeth. He didn't bite it hard enough to hurt, but probably enough to surprise him. He gently pulled a little bit, just to demonstrate. He wasn't actually gonna hurt him.

Ooc: This move would normally stun your opponent for 2-3 turns depending on the dice roll. You can try it if you want...Or not. I don't really care since it's our last once xD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends and Some Training   Friends and Some Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends and Some Training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next