Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Opossumpaw's Hunting Training

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ice Cream Zombie

Ice Cream Zombie

Clan/Rank : |L|Thunderclan/Elder|S|Shadowclan/Young Warrior|C|Windclan/Young Warrior
Number of posts : 1392

Opossumpaw's Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 4:01

Lionstar padded out of his den towards the Apprentices' Den. He poked his head inside, carefully picking his way around to his own apprentice, Opossumpaw. "Opossumpaw, wake up." He whispered, nudging his apprentice once before picking his way back outside. By now, the she-cat apprentice should know to be careful about getting out of the den when others were sleeping. She didn't need to be stepping on tails, after all. Lionstar wasn't worried though, for the apprentice was looking older and stronger, close to her ceremony. They just had to wait a little longer and do some more training, that's all. The Thunderclan leader padded over to the camp entrance, sitting down and patiently waiting.

Emeraldheart

Emeraldheart

Clan/Rank : Warrior/Queen and Kit Thunderclan
Aquarius Tiger
Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 11:10

Padding up to her mentor, Possumpaw asked, "What today? Hunting? Border patrol?" Her eyes were half closed but her eyes were listening to all the sounds around her.

Possumtail:

Kitty Meow Meow:
Back to top Go down
http://of-the-stars.catsboard.com
Ice Cream Zombie

Ice Cream Zombie

Clan/Rank : |L|Thunderclan/Elder|S|Shadowclan/Young Warrior|C|Windclan/Young Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 15:28

"Hunting. Just the two of us so you can focus, alright?" He meowed, beginning to pad off outside the camp, expecting the apprentice to follow.

When they were outside of camp, Lionsar paused, lowering his voice to a whisper. "Stay completely quiet. Focus all your senses. Don't drag your tail, but don't hold it up high either. What do you smell?"

Ooc: Alright, you know how to use the dice so this'll be much easier to explain. Once you get your regular role-play message out of the way(if one before the actual hunting message), add onto it saying you spotted a piece of prey. Tell what kind of prey it is(rabbit/mouse/squirrel/etc), and [optionally] put what it's doing, preferably in a position where you can sneak up on it(again, completely optional). Next make sure you have your character stalking it in role-play, and be very careful with your actions. However, don't finish the post with "she caught it" or "She didn't catch it" because, like I said once before in Battle Practice, the dice doesn't roll until after your actual post. Perhaps you could leave off with, for example, "She leaped towards the unsuspecting mouse, eyes locked onto its furry body" and then after the roll, you could edit it based on your number whether you caught it or not. MAke sure the dice you selected is the Chance Dice...

"The member 'Emeraldheart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Chance Dice' : 5"

...Then depending on the number, season, and what clan you're in, you can determine if you caught the prey or not using this Hunting Guide

No matter what the season or clan, if you a roll a 6 as a number, you caught the prey.

Emeraldheart

Emeraldheart

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 18:26

Using her senses, Possumpaw scented a squirrel. She headed in the direction it was. Trying to keep her tail oout of the air and set her paws down lightly, she stalked the prey. When she could she the squirrel she got ready to pounce. Leaping out of the bushes, Possumpaw landed squarely on the squirrel's shoulders. She quickly gave a killing bite on the neck and carried it over to Lionstar. "I got it!" She mumbled through the fur of the prey.

Possumtail:

Kitty Meow Meow:

Last edited by Emeraldheart on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 9:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15196

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 18:26

The member 'Emeraldheart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Chance Dice' : 4

Opossumpaw's Hunting Training Mistpe10
Opossumpaw's Hunting Training Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ice Cream Zombie

Ice Cream Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 12:41

Lionstar raised his tail for silence. "Quiet. There's still other prey around. You did good, but try to be quieter so the other prey doesn't hear you and flee after only your first catch." He warned quietly, his voice but a whisper.

"Follow me. I know a good practice area." The tom led his apprentice through the bushes, deeper into the territory. Soon they were close to the Fallen Oak, but not quite there when he stopped. "There are several hiding spots for prey at the border, as well as here, so there should be plenty of prey for you to practice on."

Ooc: You can also try to catch multiple bits of prey at once by changing the default number(1) of Dice Rolls to something else. Just don't go crazy, such as leaping at 10 birds at once. This comes in handy if you're trying to quickly finish your assessment later on.

Example:
Say your character spotted two squirrels gathering nuts on the ground, with a younger squirrel(perhaps their offspring) hopping around with them. Since there are three pieces of prey in all in this situation, you'd roll three "chance dice"...
Dices roll #1 : |Chance Dice| Dice rolls : |3|

Emeraldheart

Emeraldheart

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 18:14

"Okay. I will be quiet." Possumpaw whispered. She scented the air. She didn't smell anything at first but Possumpaw kept scenting the air. Yes! Mice! She saw the two mice sitting and eating. She crept up slowly just as she had done before. When she was ready Possumpaw pounced. Her paws scambling to catch both, Possumpaw caught one mouse and killed it but when she went for the next it had disappeared. "Mouse dung!" She snorted.

Possumtail:

Kitty Meow Meow:

Last edited by Emeraldheart on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 18:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 18:14

'Chance Dice' : 1, 4

Back to top Go down
Ice Cream Zombie

Ice Cream Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 4:05

"At least you got the one." Lionstar encouraged. "Now I want you to catch three more pieces of prey for practice, then we'll head back to camp. I'll help you when needed." With that, the Thunderclan leader stepped back a step, as if silently saying to "go on."

Ooc: Low muse.

Emeraldheart

Emeraldheart

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:17

"Okay!" Possumpaw whispered to her mentor. A bird landed on a tree. I can catch it! She told herself. The bird flew to the ground and started pecking the ground. Possumpaw held still then she pounced. She landed on the bird with a thud but she had caught it. Just two more pieces of prey.

ooc: Sorry- got to double post, wasn't thinking and want to get this finished.

Possumtail:

Kitty Meow Meow:

Last edited by Emeraldheart on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:17

'Chance Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Emeraldheart

Emeraldheart

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:28

Spotting two mice and a squirrel, Possumpaw crept up on the squirrel first. Leaping at the squirrel she killed it. Next she went for the mice a little ways off. Her paws silent as she could make them, Possumpaw slithered to as close as she could get to the unsuspecting mice. She got ready to leap then flew through the air to meet the mice. She again only caught one. Maybe I should go for prey one at a time.

ooc: Let's hope I get the last one! Sorry again. I just REALLY want to get this finished.

Possumtail:

Kitty Meow Meow:

Last edited by Emeraldheart on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:28

'Chance Dice' : 5, 5, 1

Back to top Go down
Emeraldheart

Emeraldheart

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:47

I can do it! I can get one more piece of prey! Possumpaw scented the air more. Two more squirrels. There must be a big family of them living in one of the trees. She stalked up on them. I only have to catch one of them. Soon she pounced. Missing both she sat down and waited for Lionstar.

ooc: Well now that I have triple posted...

Possumtail:

Kitty Meow Meow:

Last edited by Emeraldheart on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 12:47

'Chance Dice' : 1, 2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opossumpaw's Hunting Training   Opossumpaw's Hunting Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Opossumpaw's Hunting Training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next