Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Apprentices

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Apprentices Empty
PostApprentices

I know what it's like to be a lower rank for a long time. Sleepystar was a kit for eight months, and it took me a month just to get approved. Smokepaw had a really inactive mentor. Reedheart right now took a terribly long time to become a warrior. And yeah, it does suck. There's not much to do as an apprentice without breaking the warrior code or just doing your border patrol topic again.

But I also know what it's like to be a mentor and I know how it's like for the leader, which sucks a whole lot more.

I think now I'd be more prepared to take on a mentor or leadership role, but that wasn't quite the case awhile ago. You're always excited for your first apprentice, and then when you get it it's like receiving a heavy gift in the mail that turns out to be full of anthrax. Basically, it's not the bundles of fun that you were expecting and instead poisonous spores that look to kill you from the inside.

Apprenticeship and mentoring takes PATIENCE over everything else. So, apprentices, before you continue to badger your poor mentor, remember that you are an anthrax package and keep your trap shut.

If your mentor is active on the site, then they're probably just busy. >:I They have better things to do then speed rush your training, WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING BY THE WAY.

There's a reason it takes a month to become an apprentice, and it's not to annoy you. Roleplaying is all about progression and character development. So just slow down a little bit and wait. Your mentor will be more likely to post if you don't annoy them about it every second of the day, because they won't fantasize about smashing your head in with a rock.

Apprentices I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Apprentices :: Comments

Moon
Re: Apprentices
Post Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 20:07 by Moon
This is a wonderful post Sleepy. ;_; Thank you for it.
King Falcon I
Post Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 20:47 by King Falcon I
I'm not saying people should badger other people, but I think if someone is able to get online, then they should be able to post in a topic they've posted in. I think that, once you put yourself into a topic, you should have a sort of obligation to see it finished. Obviously, there is a line between ignoring a topic and just being busy, but there's no reason to give people incentives to be lazy. Maybe I'm biased because I'm in a clan that isn't particularly active and leaves lots of topics unfinished, but I think that a topic that isn't finished shouldn't be left empty for more than three-five days. It's disconcerting.
Kip
Post Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 23:30 by Kip
The Caledonian Falcon wrote:
I'm not saying people should badger other people, but I think if someone is able to get online, then they should be able to post in a topic they've posted in. I think that, once you put yourself into a topic, you should have a sort of obligation to see it finished. Obviously, there is a line between ignoring a topic and just being busy, but there's no reason to give people incentives to be lazy. Maybe I'm biased because I'm in a clan that isn't particularly active and leaves lots of topics unfinished, but I think that a topic that isn't finished shouldn't be left empty for more than three-five days. It's disconcerting.
I agree.

Last edited by Flippy Kippy on Wed 15 May 2013 - 1:47; edited 2 times in total
Splotch
Post Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 0:43 by Splotch
What if people lost their muse? Not to mention that people get tired of posting the same thing over and over again. Expectantly if they are repeatedly asking or bugging them to post. D; It gets annoying and rude. Muse is a big player on this, it also depends who the person is feeling, not to mention it might be late at night, which is not the best time for posting.
Sleepy
Post Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 1:49 by Sleepy
The Caledonian Falcon wrote:

Kip'n wrote:
I maybe, kinda, agree. I've been in a couple topics, and then someone forgets to post in them, and they come on all the time. Then you find them chatting in the chat-box, not even knowing to post. NOT NAMING PEOPLE. That would be mean. But they just come on all the time, forget the topic, and just do nothing but chat instead of playing their part in the role play. I really hope no one gets offended by what I just said, but it's true. Please don't like, hurt me or anything 'cause I said this, or said that.

Splotchy Scarf wrote:
What if people lost their muse? Not to mention that people get tired of posting the same thing over and over again. Expectantly if they are repeatedly asking or bugging them to post. D; It gets annoying and rude. Muse is a big player on this, it also depends who the person is feeling, not to mention it might be late at night, which is not the best time for posting.

My point being that an active site member shouldn't be bothered to post all the time.

Like Splotch was saying, if someone doesn't feel like posting, you shouldn't bother them about it.

I'm not saying that an apprentice's training should be allowed to be delayed longer than it has to, it's just that a few days without posts isn't going to kill you.
Nix ♥
Post Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 7:21 by Nix ♥
    It was a pleasure to train my little Redpaw *hug Mossy*, bbut I think I don't want to have another apprentice for now... Yep, I didn't know what I have to do, fortunately Mossy was here from a long time. But thank you so much for this ;D
    Yeah, patience, i don't have it too xD
Moon
Post Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 9:33 by Moon
Let me give you a scenario. Just for everyone who thinks I am lazy and negligent of my posting duties.

I post in a topic.

Someone else posts a month later. Literally a month later.

I am badgered in the cbox and in PMs from the moment he posted to three days later.

Not trying to be mean, but that just doesn't appeal to me much. And then the PMs try to give me an ultimatum and guilt me into finishing the thread. I just....... this is ridiculous.
Jay
Post Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 12:32 by Jay
Training is terrible work, guys. I know you apprentices are wanting to post every twelve seconds, but like they said. Sometimes people just waznt to talk with their friends for a little while and not have to be yanked from the conversation every 2 minutes because you have the will to post 5 pages a day. It used to piss me off when my apprentice went: "Can you post can you post can you post?", and I finally did it as to get them off my chest, then having them ask to post literally a minute later. It really takes the fun out of an already bland roleplaying experience.
Storm
Post Thu 24 Jan 2013 - 7:51 by Storm
I didn't know apprentices were THAT annoying to you guys. Are they really That bad?
Ebby
Post Thu 24 Jan 2013 - 8:40 by Ebby
Personally, unless I state otherwise for one reason or another to leave me alone, please... Annoy the living hell out of me because chances are I'm just being lazy. x3
I think... I hope others feel the same.

There are a very few now and then, though, that hardly give you inbetween posts to breathe. xD Not all apprentices, we've all been there, just a few who need to take a chill pill. Cx
Post  by Sponsored content

Apprentices

Page 1 of 1