Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw [D]aytrader, [R]yepaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T4 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 502

freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) Empty
PostSubject: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 4:33 pm

Wolfpaw
You don't believe me? You will...

Another night, another patrol he was not truly part of. The trudging of paws and squelch of marsh-mud, slowly transitioning into scattering pebbles and then sturdier, drier dirt. He had gotten used to the Thunderpaths stench by now. Something like rot or char, carrion that had turned sour and wretched. It was where his paws always brought him. He did not know why, nor did he care to know why. Here, he had met Pipitpaw. Lost her in the same breath, an imposter in her place. Then he had met that stink-thing that had lured and drawn in his sister, put her in danger. Perhaps it was a physical and symbolic thing. A path.

Tonight would be no different-- in truth, he should have expected it by now. Blankly staring out across it toward the moors, a monster surging pass that caused little reaction from him bar a blink of eyes to rid them of dust churned up by its large, spinning feet.
...You will become a true believer.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • He/Him• #6b2213
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryepaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App
Number of posts : 990

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 1:45 am

Moonpaw

Moonpaw grinned to herself, secluded in a narrow little tunnel she'd dug out all on her own, her heart leaping with giddy joy. She'd done it! She'd actually found a way onto ShadowClan's territory without getting caught! Or, rather, under ShadowClan's territory. What she was going to do now that she was here, though, she wasn't entirely sure. The plan had been to find and talk to Wolfpaw at least one last time, but she hadn't the first clue how to find him. She could, in theory, sit and wait here for him to maybe walk by but, even then, he'd have to be alone.

Ugh. Why was all of this sneaking around business so difficult!? It was hard enough getting out of the camp unnoticed. Either way, she was tired of crouching in this tight, crumbly tunnel. She'd not really taken much time to reinforce it - not that she even knew how - so it was both uncomfortable, and nerve-wracking. Finally, blissfully, a familiar scent graced Moonpaw's nose and she perked up, eyes alight with nervous energy. There it was, that familiar pelt and those captivating eyes.

Moonpaw knew that this was wrong, that she shouldn't be here, but every part of her long silent heart yearned to see Wolfpaw again. Even as her loyalty to WindClan and her family screamed at her to flee back down the tunnel and never come back. With a frustrated huff, Moonpaw squashed that screeching part of her brain and edged out into the moonlight...just a little. "Wolfpaw? Is that you?" Great StarClan she hoped so. Otherwise, this was about to be very awkward.

[Firetreader] T1 SkC Warrior
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T4 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 6:37 pm

Wolfpaw

Only Wolfpaws eyes moved, a dart to the side until it locked onto a set of eyes that brought him a sense of calm. The calm not unlike watching a beautiful sunrise, or a pretty-coloured pebble. Or paws, stained-- He let out a rush of breath, and pushed that image back.

"Yes," He answered back, as brusque and gruff as ever. He was not thinking. He liked it. Neither full of seething rage at the mere thought of her, or that stone-cold dread that someone would rip her away from him. Though, the second that thought came into his mind it caused a sort of churn to his stomach. For a moment, he saw amber on white over the Thunderpath. It faded into silvery patterns, and he blinked slowly.

"You should not be here," He said, though there was no true scold in his voice. Rather, he moved, edging closer to where the little moonglow spoke from, and closer still. "Are you alright?" His tone was flat, as always. Like a statement rather than a query or concern. But not abrupt.
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 1:46 am

Moonpaw

Wolfpaw's voice rang clearly through the night and at the sound, Moonpaw felt all of her anxieties over this foolish escapade vanish into thin air. Something about this strange tom from ShadowClan just made her heart race and her head feel as though it was filled with rabbit fluff. She never felt as giddy as she did when he was around. It seemed as though, with him here, she could take on anything - even the ache of exhaustion that never seemed to fully dissipate. Though, at his admonishing, Moonpaw could feel her heart drop. The words were soft, yet she feared he'd send her away even if he wasn't mad. Though, that possibility still made her paws tingle. Even if he did, it would undoubtedly be because he cared for her. she was sure of it.

"i-i know!" She meowed quickly, voice a nervous twitter. "i just...i dunno. i had'ta see ya." She looked up at him from her hiding place, green eyes wide with amazement, and couldn't stop the purr that built in her throat at the sight of him. He looked just as magnificent as he had the day he saved her. Her face warmed at his question and, with a nervous laugh, she licked her chest fur. "oh, i'm a'ight but, uh, how're you doin? i hope everything's okay, i just got this...feelin' that somethin' was wrong." It wasn't something the silvery she-cat could explain and, in all honesty, it may not have been anything at all, but she was worried regardless.

And good StarClan, she was talking a lot. "i jus' couldn't sleep 'til i knew y'were okay." She added after a moment, as if that would explain what she herself didn't fully understand. Whatever magnetism it was that kept drawing her towards Wolfpaw, it was far beyond her understanding. Though, maybe Sunpaw would know. Or Falconpaw. Those two always seemed to understand confusing emotions. Like these that had consumed her every waking thought.

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 5:39 am

Wolfpaw

His head tilted slowly, like a curious little creature gazing upon something purely perplexing. 'Had to see' him. Why? Did she hear something, or see something, or..? He lashed his tail, once, and grit his teeth while she continued to speak. Something was wrong?

"I am well," He rumbled, drawing his legs in to a seated position, folding his winding tail over his paws. He blinked, lapsing into a long and drawn out silence as he passed his eyes over her. The wounds from the owl was healing well. She looked good, healthy, even. His lip twitched, what could have been a smile, but died before it was born. "Nothing is wrong, Moonpaw. I have been busy. Protecting. There is... Leopardstar allowed a rogue into the clan. I think it is trying to hurt my sister." She spoke again, and he blinked. Why... Why? Most avoided him like the plague, unless it was his family.

"I will always be okay," Wolfpaw assured her, lowering his head so that he was mostly eye level with her. "Unless I am torn limb from limb, I will be okay. I will always come back. And if I do not, wait for me. I will return."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 12:47 am

Moonpaw

Oh. He was okay. That was...good. Strange, considering the awful sense of foreboding she'd been feeling all day, but still good. At least there was nothing to worry about, and this meeting could be a happy one, rather than a concerning one. She'd much rather enjoy a peaceful night with Wolfpaw anyway. And despite there being nothing wrong, Wolfpaw got comfy opposite of her, making her ears perk. Ah! He was going to stay and talk to her a while regardless! Fuzzy warm spread through the apprentice's chest and her tail curled happily behind her. 

Wolfpaw observed her for several seconds, though, and the longer his gaze lingered, the redder her face became. Why was he looking at her so intensely? Like she was the only thing in the world to see. It was nice to be the center of someone's attention, but a little unsettling - how his eyes seemed to pierce through her. "m'glad nothin's wrong..." She meowed after a moment, ears warm. It was like she came to life when he was there. With a soft smile, Moonpaw decided that she really wouldn't mind if he never stopped looking at her like that.

But...what did he mean? Had Leopardstar really let a rogue into ShadowClan? Rogues were dangerous! Everyone knew that! Nectarflower had once told her a story about a rogue that'd tried to literally feed her to dogs once! What was Leopardstar thinking? She didn't get a chance to ask more, though, before Wolfpaw leaned in to look into her eyes. Moonpaw blinked owlishly at him, baffled, and could practically feel her heart racing. His voice was low as he spoke and sent a shiver down Moonpaw's spine. He would...always return? Did he mean...for her?

What did he mean by that? There were a thousand possible implications, but Moonpaw did her best not to let her mind run wild with the possibilities. "i- okay. i would...always wait f'ya." She spoke slowly, uncertainly, and by the time the words were out of her mouth, Moonpaw regretted them. Great StarClan! Why had she said that!? He was going to think she was crazy! "oh!" She blurted out suddenly, "but, uh, th'rogue. d'ya think he's really gonna hurt your sister? why would leopardstar let him stay? everyone knows rogues are dangerous..."

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2024 9:27 am

Wolfpaw

"Good," The word dropped from Wolfpaws mouth like a stone in water. It was as flat and unwavering as anything else he had ever said, but held a note of relief to it. The other one had left before; though now that he looked at Moonpaw, he could no longer see the white silhouette that was forever embedded into his mind when he spoke to her. Just Moonpaw.

He blinked at her blurt. A very brief motion, like when one got dust in their eyes. He felt his paws itch, jaw tighten. His tail thudded the ground harshly, and he took in a long, drawing breath. He closed his eyes, and exhaled. The itch was gone. "It is too convenient," He said. "I met the rogue on the territory once before. He said he had met her and my mother once before. I told him to stay far, far away from them if he valued his life. And yet, one day, he walks into camp. He is around her all the time. His mentor is her mentor, and I do not trust him either. I did warn them, that if they so much as nick one of her whiskers, I would come for them."

He flicked an ear, moving his fixed gaze away from her and up to the sky, then back out to the moors behind her. "Your Clan," He said. "Are they as foolish as my own? Are you safe there?"

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:03 pm

Moonpaw

Good. One single word that made Moonpaw's heart flutter in her chest. She shifted her paws uncomfortable and averted her gaze, whiskers twitching. She wasn't sure she liked that strange feeling in her chest. She felt taut, nervous, and uncertain whenever Wolfpaw was around, but it wasn't her fault he was so disarming! So interesting. He was like a puzzle she just couldn't figure out. Still, it felt good to know that he was glad she'd always wait for him. Or, at least, it sounded like it. Kind of. It was a little hard to gauge what exactly he was feeling. Though, when she asked about the rogue, it was clear how he felt about that. He couldn't stand him, obviously. 

She didn't think she'd be very fond of some strange cat coming into WindClan and threatening her kin either. "i...i'm real sorry all that's happenin'." She meowed softly, her ears pinned back unhappily. Wolfpaw looked upset. She didn't like seeing him upset for some reason. Though, it was a little scary that'd he'd so openly threatened the rogue and their mentor. She couldn't imagine doing something like that but, then again, she'd never had to. Looking up at Wolfpaw, it suddenly struck Moonpaw again how brave and strong he was to be dealing with all of this on his own. 

After a moment, his gaze moved away from Moonpaw and she felt her body relax. "my clan?" She echoed after a moment. "o-oh! not at all." She added with a purr. "i've aint ever felt safer than with m'clan. i mean, falconpaw likes ta get into trouble, but s'nothin' i can't handle." She thought back to the times they'd snuck away from their mentors to ditch training and smiled softly. He was such a bad influence, but they had fun sometimes.

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyFri Sep 06, 2024 11:52 am

Wolfpaw

Something not unlike the feeling of a shard of ice jabbed into his throat and worked its way down to his chest. His jaw clenched, so tight he could feel an ache spreading through him and it popped when he parted his mouth again. She was safe, yes. But...

"Who is Falconpaw?" His head tilted, an almost mechanical motion in how precise it was. His eyes, like owl-wide saucers, bored into her. Pupils elongated, thin and narrow and when he blinked, they only dilated again by a fraction. And when she smiled... His gaze fixed on it like it were prey, and lifted back up to her with a chilly glint. "Does he put you in harms way? Trouble. Has he hurt you, ever?"

He did not recall meeting someone by the name 'Falconpaw' when at the Gathering. Not with Moonpaw, anyways. He watched her for another while. A change in expression, a look of alarm. Anything at all. If he had hurt her, then perhaps a visit was in order. She would not be anothers to hurt, not at all. "You will introduce me to him at the next Gathering," He said pointedly. "Won't you, Moonpaw? I will be very grateful to meet your friend."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptySun Sep 08, 2024 8:07 pm

Moonpaw

Moonpaw eyed Wolfpaw curiously for a moment as he worked his jaw, expression distant and almost unreadable. She shook her head after several long seconds when he spoke, tail flicking dismissively. "nah, falcon's pretty harmless." Except for the part where he was constantly trying to get her sister's or friends to fall in love with him. Her expression soured at the thought, and she frowned. Wolfpaw continued after several moments, then, and she started. Introduce them? At the next gathering? Moonpaw's ears slanted back uncertainly, and she averted her gaze, jaws flapping for a few moments as she tried to figure out what in the name of StarClan to say. 

It didn't seem like a very good idea to introduce the two of them when both were her friends and neither knew a thing about the other. How would she even explain it to Falconpaw? Simply say that he'd saved her life all those moons ago and that they'd been meeting in secret since then? Well, not exactly meeting. It was more like...a few accidental run-ins. Ones that'd she'd sorta, kinda orchestrated a little bit. Blinking, Moonpaw suddenly realized that she hadn't responded to Wolfpaw yet and, with a start, nodded fervently. "oh, oh! yeah, f'course!" Though, she couldn't imagine Falconpaw being particularly happy about her ShadowClan friend here. 

"but, eh, d'ya think its'a good idea t' meet 'im?" She tipped her head to the side, body fizzing with nervous energy. "i dunno if we're s'pposed to be, like...friends." There was nothing in the code against having friends from different clans, but what if Falconpaw could tell that what she felt for Wolfpaw was a little more than friendly? What if he told on her? What if he could see something different about the way she looked at Wolfpaw? The ShadowClanner was like a cloudy night sky when it came to his feelings - impossible to decipher - but what if Falconpaw saw something in his face too? Well, if there was anything to see, anyway.

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 2:24 pm

Wolfpaw

Wolfpaw followed her eyes no matter where they went. To the side, he leaned over. Up, he straightened himself. Down, he kept himself low. He blinked, slowly, mouth still parted somewhat and taking in everything around them. In case of unwanted visitor, to commit her scent to memory. To snap at ready if required.

"Why would it not be a good idea, Moonpaw?" He drawled, using her name like a puncturing claw. "We are not doing anything wrong. There is nothing wrong with having bonds in another clan. I will know him then. And he will know me. Wouldn't that be better? Unless there is some reason you do not want to tell him."

He stood, tail coiling behind him like a wisp of smog disturbed by a rush of paws. He tiptoed around her, keeping his head angled low and his ears forward. She was nervous. Afraid? Uncertain? He ran his tongue over his lips, narrowing amber eyes. He stopped at her left, bringing his maw in close to speak next to her ear.

"It is harmless. Introduce me as someone you met the last Gathering. We spoke on a patrol crossing paths after that. I will know his face, then. He will know mine. I will not be a stranger. Do you not think it would look suspicious if you were friendly with a ShadowClanner, and refused to speak of it?" He hummed, a low, rumbling sound. "I cannot keep you safe while you are in WindClan. Not physically. But making it known that you have me as a friend-- wouldn't that silence unwanted whispers, Moonpaw?"

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)   freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

freedom is a wild wolf’s birth-right. (c)
Page 1 of 1