Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

go fetch [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Characters : Sunfire, Wolf, Newtpaw
Clan/Rank : Rogue T1, Rogue T1, SkyClan Paw
Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1859

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyWed 24 Jul 2024 - 22:05

The night was alive with the sounds of life. All around him, crickets chirped. Overhead, an owl screeched. But the hulking form of Sunfire was as still and silent as a statue. The SkyClanner had been sitting here for some time, alone, waiting... eventually a WindClan patrol would wander this way, he was sure... but until then, he was in no rush. Half a year on his own had tempered the tom's patience, if just a little. Sure, he could storm across the moor and declare at WindClan's camp, rather than the border, but it was unnecessary and would create far more hubbub than he felt like dealing with tonight. Depending on who it was that chanced upon him here tonight, he still might get that.

As if summoned by his thoughts, there was the sound of approaching pawsteps. Sunfire turned his head lazily in the direction, yellow eyes trained on the WindClanner that had come to greet him, but barely registering if he knew who they were or not before he dipped his head in greeting. "I am here as a friend," he rumbled, as soon as the cat was in earshot. "I need to speak with your medicine cat - Hemlockfox. Can you go and bring him here? I'll wait."

Sunfire | Tom | T1 Rogue | 30/80 | #FFBB00
Wolf | Tom | T1 Rogue (kit) | 30/80 | #FF4500
Newtkit | She-Cat | SkC Kit | xx/xx | #32CD32
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6040

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024 - 20:02

Cloudjumper frowned at the unfamiliar scent that clung to the warm breeze, light green eyes sweeping across the border. The tom that found her focus wasn't actually crossing the border, but the presence of a stranger still made her fur lift on instinct as she turned toward him. Before she could speak, the tom was calling out... Not words Cloudjumper would have expected.

"And how does an outsider know our medicine cat? What's your business with him?" Her tone wasn't hostile, but she was wary, guarded. The tom did not reek of clan scent, and much as Cloudjumper did not want to admit it, it made his presence and request all the more curious.

"Who are you?" That he seemed to know their medicine cat by name meant he was someone, clearly. But she wasn't about to just go and find Hemlockfox without knowing who this was. She wouldn't lead the medicine cat into potential danger if she could help it.

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024 - 22:46

As he finished his request, Sunfire looked up again, finally taking in the face of the cat who had come. She was young, unfamiliar... and had probably still been in the nursery the last time he stepped foot on clan territory. The dappled yellow tom flicked his ear at the suspicion in her tone. Did she think he'd have just sat here out in the open and waited for a patrol to find him if he had nefarious intent? Annoyance sparked in his gaze, but he managed to dull the edge of his voice when he replied. "I'm his f-" Sunfire hesitated for just a split second. If he said father, would Hemlockfox even come? Their relationship even before the medicine cat had moved to WindClan had left a lot to be desired. It was something he regretted, deeply. And something he meant to attempt to repair.

If this harebrained WindClanner would let him, anyway.

"-amily." He finished the sentence, and rose from where he sat, yellow eyes narrowing slightly. "If you don't want to bring him here, I can go there, with you instead," he offered flatly. "If I meant to murder him, I certainly wouldn't send a witness to alert him to my presence. No harm will befall your medicine cat, or any other, whether I meet him here or there." His body language was loose enough, but the gaze Sunfire settled on the WindClan warrior in front of him left no room for argument. He would speak with his son tonight, whether he had to find the camp himself, or not.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6040

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyFri 26 Jul 2024 - 20:25

The tom seemed to falter slightly as he spoke, announcing that he was family to Hemlockfox. Cloudjumper had known the medicine cat wasn't originally from Windclan, but really? Some loner was his family? Though the way he spoke left little for Cloudjumper to disagree with. And, she supposed, it wasn't her place to judge. Hemlockfox had been loyal and served their clan well, no matter how gruff. That was more important than whatever impure blood ran through his veins.

"...Alright, I'll go grab him." And hopefully the grouchy medicine cat wouldn't claw her ears off for it. "Stay there." And without another word, the lithe calico was turning, breaking into a sprint. Unlike the medicine cat she was Windclan-born, and it showed in how quickly she moved.

Entering camp, Cloudjumper strode toward the medicine den with a sigh. "Hemlockfox?" She called, "Sorry to bother you, but there's someone on the border claiming you're family. He wanted to speak with you. Golden and white tom, yellow eyes." She was already backing out of the den with the tail end of her words, turning back only once to make sure Hemlockfox was following before leading the medicine cat toward the border and the strange tom.

"I'll be... Over here. Just in case." Far enough to not hear quiet conversation, close enough that if things looked tense she could jump in and rough up this stranger, if needed.

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App
Number of posts : 965

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyMon 29 Jul 2024 - 22:05

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox wasn't sure what to think when Cloudjumper called for him, her fur smelling strongly of the moor and something else faint that he couldn't quite place. He wasn't thrilled to have been interrupted, but as she continued, his heart lifted. One of his kin was at the border? Waiting to see him? It had to be one of his sisters, then. Or Wolfstar, maybe. There were precious few kin he had left other than them. He supposed there were his 'half-siblings' or even Falconmoon, but he hardly knew any of them or even how they were doing these days. Though, as Cloudjumper went on to describe the cat seeking him out, he stilled. A...golden tom with yellow eyes? 

Hope ignited in the seal point tom's eyes, and he quickly got to his paws, tail whipping back and forth. "Lead the way." He meowed seriously, voice devoid of any of his usual condescension or annoyance. He hardly needed to, though, and hurried after the warrior as she back away and turned to trot out of the camp. He was quiet as they walked, simultaneously exciting and dreading their arrival. What if it really was Sunfire? It seemed foolish to get his hopes up when he'd been told that, in no uncertain terms, his father was gone. Still, he wanted to hope. 

Even if their relationship could never be the same as it once was. Finally, they drew near enough to the border and, as the distant shape grew clearer, Hemlockfox felt his heart drop to his paws. Cloudjumper muttered something to him under her breath and padded away, but he hardly noticed. Sunfire. It was really him. Graywind said he was gone, dead, but clearly, she'd been wrong. How long had his father been back? Did his sisters know he was alive? Did his other kits know? What was he supposed to say? Things had been tense between them since he became a medicine cat and, even more than that, since he went to WindClan.

However, Hemlockfox realized that he didn't care what their relationship had been. Sunfire was here, alive. That was all that mattered. Suddenly feeling as though he was an apprentice, still learning to be a warrior with his family to guide him, Hemlockfox raced to close the space between them and nearly bowled Sunfire over in his exuberance. "DAD!" Because, despite everything, even the fact that Sunfire wasn't his kin by blood, Hemlockfox still saw him as his father. A loud purr rumbled in his chest, and, for possibly the first time in his life, he let himself cry. "You're alive! Everyone said you'd died, but I-I should've known better."

[Firetreader] T1 SkC Warrior
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyTue 30 Jul 2024 - 1:51

With surprisingly swift turnaround, Sunfire spotted cats in the distance. The first two walked side by side, and even from this far, in the dark, the yellow tom could tell that one of the two was his son. Their current rift was wide, but it hadn't always been so. In Hemlockfox's youth, there was no one the warrior had been closer to - not even Wolfstar, or Falconmoon. His eyes moved past them, waiting for the rest of the patrol, but as they closed half the distance, no more cats appeared.

The WindClanner split off, and when they were near enough, Sunfire met his son's eyes. To his surprise, to his pleasure... he wasn't met with suspicion, or ire, but... joy, relief. And then a cheerful exclamation. His eyes widened, and he only had time to brace himself before Hemlockfox was sliding to a halt a whisker's length from him. Sunfire closed the distance without hesitating, not caring that the border passed beneath his paws as he pressed into the medicine cat's fur. "Son."

Emotion was a fire in his chest, tightening his throat so that the word came out half-strangled. "I'm so sorry, Hemlockfox." Sunfire touched his forehead against the other tom's, purring loudly. "And I'm so happy that you are well." He pulled back, looking the tom in the eye. "I will always come back to you, so long as my paws walk this earth. I promise."

Sunfire exhaled. "I left SkyClan because at the time, I was a danger to SkyClan." He dropped his gaze to his paws briefly. "But now, I think SkyClan needs me again, so I've come back. And I needed to see you, I wanted to see you. How do you fare in WindClan? Have you been meeting with your sisters, like we agreed?"

There were so many things Sunfire wanted to share, so many things he wanted to hear, but most of it would have to wait for another time. Every moment that passed without knowing Wolf made it to SkyClan safely was another gray hair that popped up where a yellow one had been. For now, it was enough to know Hemlockfox was okay - he would let the other tom lead the conversation from here.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyMon 5 Aug 2024 - 1:02

Hemlockfox

Emotion welled in Hemlockfox's throat at the sound of his dad's voice. So much that he could scarcely breath - much less speak. It had been moons since he'd last seen Sunfire. Even in the time before he left for WindClan, they'd hardly spoken. Perhaps it was kittish pettiness that drove him away from the golden tom or maybe it was just that they'd both become far too busy. Either way, Hemlockfox regretted how things went. How he'd left without a word. Even if it was on accident. There were...so many cats he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to. 

Anger flashed in his chest for a moment at Sunfire's explanation, though. He'd gotten a chance to say bye. To explain his actions and where he was going, but he hadn't. Given how he'd been acting before, though, maybe that was for the best. And, well...at least he was alive. The same couldn't be said for others. Throat tight, the medicine cat tried to choke out a response, but everything seemed as though it would be inadequate. How could he tell him that Graywind, his mate, and so many others were gone? Including many of his kits?  

Start small. It was better he say something than nothing at all. "I've...tried to visit." He began tentatively. "It was busy here, at first. Injuries from twoleg traps, dog attacks...but it's gotten better." StarClan. And how could he explain Bubblebeam's decision? Maybe he'd let her do that...it wasn't really his place. "But dad...it's been bad in SkyClan. There were...a lot of losses. I just hope there haven't been more since I last checked in."

[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyMon 5 Aug 2024 - 16:14

There was no hint of surprise or shock on Sunfire's face as Hemlockfox painted the grim picture of their clan's current state. Even though he tried to do it delicately, the yellow tom could tell by the way his son was choosing his words, the furrow in his brow as he tiptoed around things he clearly didn't want to say outright... someone was dead. And it was someone that Hemlockfox expected Sunfire to mourn.

The warrior let a trapped breath out through his nostrils, ears slicking back to lie against his skull. His eyes slid sidelong, resting on the calico she-cat for a moment as that information sank in. He wondered who it was. His mate? One of his children? Sunfire closed his eyes briefly, fighting off the tension in his body and a spike of pain from a building headache with a rapid shake of his pelt. After a moment, he looked at his son, and said in a low voice:

"SkyClan will persevere."

So would he, though that needed not be said aloud. Whatever faced him in SkyClan, he would deal with it when he got there, head first like he always had. There was no sense in dwelling on what had happened, when it was the future of SkyClan that was Sunfire's primary concern... and the future of SkyClan included his son. Sunfire hadn't forgotten that Hemlockfox's station in WindClan was always meant to be temporary, and it would be one of the first things that he brought up to Wolfstar upon his return. It was admissible when SkyClan could spare him... but that had likely changed. He wouldn't know, until he could see it for himself.

"Assuming Wolfstar allows me to return to SkyClan, I... will do my best to support her. But we may have need of you in the near future, my son." Unblinking yellow eyes studied him, trying to discern what Hemlockfox thought of what he'd said, but then just as quickly as they'd found him, they darted away, back towards the other WindClanner.  Brow furrowed, the yellow tom shook his head. "But that is a conversation for another day. Is there anything you need from me? Anything I can do, before I return home? A message I can deliver?" There was still so much to talk about... and he would. He would see his son again soon, Sunfire was sure, but until then... as long as they left this meeting on good terms, he was satisfied.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] EmptyMon 12 Aug 2024 - 0:48

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox searched Sunfire's expression for fear, concern or even terror, but he was as stoic as ever, his emotions only betrayed by a tilt of the ears and a few moments of silence. He wasn't sure how his dad did it, but he was always impressed when Sunfire shed bad news like water slid from a waxy leaf. It would be far worse than Sunfire expected, though. It wasn't just one death or disappearance, but a whole slew of them. Not to mention Bubblebeam's heart now lying within ShadowClan's borders. He only hoped Sunfire would manage despite it all.

With a resolute nod, the seal point tom shook his own pelt out and tried to dismiss the image of Sunfire returning to a SkyClan devoid of the many faces he'd likely been aching to see again. Faces he would now only see again when it was his own time to join Silverpelt and their ancestors in the sky. "It will." He meowed finally, "And so will we." As long as even one cat he loved remained in the forest, so would he. Until the day came where everyone had gone and left him behind, there would still be a reason to walk this earth.

Though, he was surprised Sunfire was already bringing up his return to SkyClan. Hemlockfox loved his old home, but he'd begun to make a new one for himself here. Of course, admitting that aloud would make him just as bad as Bubblebeam. "I understand...and I'll always be ready to help if you're the one asking for it. SkyClan will always come first - I promise." But was that a promise he could keep? Warm, amber eyes flashed in Hemlockfox's mind - the image accompanied by a familiar, fluffy tom's face. Foxdung, what was he getting himself into?

Regardless, Hemlockfox held his head high and nodded. Right. Until the day came where Sunfire needed his help, everything would be fine. There wasn't anything to worry about...yet. "Right." He followed Sunfire's look in Cloudjumper's direction and instantly understood. He certainly hoped she hadn't overheard their conversation. "Just tell everyone that I'll visit again soon and that I love them. Ploverwing, Sorrelmist...Bubblebeam." If she was still there.

The medicine cat's eyes watered a bit. This was goodbye, then. He wasn't sure when they'd see each other again, but hopefully, it wouldn't take too long to talk to each other again. It would be even better if neither thought the other had died, too. That was the past, though. Everything would be fine now that they'd reconnected. With a sad smile, Hemlockfox pressed his cheeck against Sunfire's. "And you too. I love you too, dad." 

[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

go fetch [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: go fetch [c]   go fetch [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

go fetch [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-