Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 9 Jul 2024 - 21:09

PIGEONPOUNCE
Life gives you lemons...

It was Pigeonpounce's first time taking an apprentice to the Moonstone. She was grateful for Wrensong and Poppystar both being available to reassure her she had the right herbs picked out for their traveling bundles before the morning came. When it did, she made her way to the apprentice's den and thankfully caught Lightpaw before he came outside. She dipped inside and gently prodded the light-furred tom before settling one of the bundles down in front of him. "Hey, g'mornin'," she said when he started to stir. "Uh--eat those, 'kay? They'll keep ya goin'. We're, uh--we're goin' t'the Moonstone t'day, so gotta keep our energy up." With that and a nod, she ducked out of the den to wait for Lightpaw's reappearance.

The walk to Highstones was long and quiet save for Pigeonpounce's occasional nervous chatter. By the time they reached the mountains, the moon was halfway to the sky's midpoint. Pigeonpounce pushed out a breath and turned to Lightpaw once they reached the top. "We made it!" She said triumphantly. She did not want Lightpaw to know it was a miracle she'd remembered the way, but she was still allowed some excitement. Gesturing toward the cavern, she instructed, "Moonstone's down there. Stay close or grab my tail or somethin' so ya don't get lost, 'kay?" When he was ready, she led the way into Mothermouth. The grooves of thousands of generations of pawsteps led their way to the cavern that held the glittering pillar of stone. Pigeonpounce approached its brilliance first and sat down beside it. "C'mon," she beckoned with a wave of her tail. "Lay down next t' it 'n' touch yer nose to it. You'll fall right asleep, 'n' StarClan will come 'n' talk t' ya."
...at least it gave you something.
RiverClan • Hybrid MCA • she/her • #20AED4
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1579

PostSubject: Re: Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 6 Aug 2024 - 15:18

Lightpaw

i see the light that's shinin’ on me;
it's been waiting for a long time for me to see;

Lightpaw stirred and yawned, just managing to catch "eat these" and "Moonstone" before the medicine cat was gone. His eyes shot open wide and he scrambled to his paws. Today was the day, his journey to the Moonstone. He wondered who he would meet in the stars as he choked down the bundle of herbs. "Coming, Pigeonpounce...!"

Their journey was uneventful, Lightpaw occupying his time with admiring how the landscape changed as they exited RiverClan territory and on towards Highstones. There was idle small talk between the two cats, but Lightpaw regretfully didn't know the medicine cat apprentice too well, so he wasn't sure what to say to her. Her triumphant meow made him smile as little insects fluttered around in his stomach with nerves of his own. Who would he meet during his dream? What would they tell him? "Okay, got it. I'm ready...I think," he said, his smile turning anxious.

The brilliant shine from the Moonstone dazzled him at first and he had to blink away the black stars that formed in his vision. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he padded forward and settled down in front of the stone. It was amazing to him that just touching the stone would put him to sleep, but...now that he thought about it, he was pretty tired from the day's journey. Lightpaw gingerly touched his nose to the cool surface of the Moonstone and closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he appeared to be standing on RiverClan territory by the river, just high enough on the bank that his paws stayed dry. The surface of the river glittered, otherworldly. Looking around, he took a seat and patiently waited for his StarClan cat to come to him.

Apprentice | RiverClan | he/him

( credits )

Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey EBrhYrd

Flickerfern         Pondkit         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #6188BD         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6040

PostSubject: Re: Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 23 Aug 2024 - 15:41

"Hello there, Lightpaw!" The friendly greeting came from above in the form of a fluffy gray tabby resting on the branch of a tree that overlooked the river, though her green eyes were instead focused on the young apprentice before her. In a swirl of starlight the tabby leapt from the tree with a grace that was decidedly not from Riverclan heritage, landing in front of Lightpaw with a grin. The apprentice had been nervous about speaking with Starclan, like so many were. Hopefully that wouldn't last.

"My name's Birdsong, once a Riverclan warrior. I wasn't always, if you couldn't tell - but Riverclan is where my heart grew loyal to despite being born a Skyclanner." There was no need to get into the details of why she'd left, unless of course the apprentice asked. "Some of your clanmates didn't exactly take kindly to the Skyclanner who took one of their own for a mate and had kits... Not that I really cared. I was a warrior despite their doubts, I had all the same skills and could hunt and fight just as well as any cat. I couldn't swim... But that's what I got for joining the clan on the cusp of leafbare when the river was half-frozen and is beside the point, really." She hadn't lived to see the clan's territory in warmer weather.

"Anyways! What I'm saying is, be confident in your abilities and don't listen to those who might try to tear you down or doubt what you can do. You've trained hard and will earn your warrior name just like any other cat. What others think matters very little - except for your leader, I suppose. When Poppystar, or whoever else, grants you your name, know they are doing it because they have conviction and truly believe you are ready for it."

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Lightpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1